User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 16:07   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Bugger

Well, I had hoped the Lords would have some sort of backbone thus forcing the Commons to either give it up or risk the wrath incurred by using the Parliament Act yet again. However, despite their objections so far, the thought of an all-nighter down at Westminster got the better of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Anyone who renews a passport will be put on a national ID database - but will not now be forced to have an ID card until 2010, instead of 2008.
Looks like I renewed mine just in time then! Hopefully we won't be called on for compulsary registration til after the next general election, where I will, frankly, be voting for anyone who promises to scrap the bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
The "pricing strategy" for ID cards would be determined after the bill becomes law, he told MPs.
Does this strike anyone else as a really really stupid idea? Clearly it's done so that there won't be such a big backlash from the public when they find out that they need to pay upwards of £150 each for a useless bit of plastic and silicon, because they can just say "ahhh but you should have protested at the time, it's law now!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
He said it meant "nobody who does not want an ID card need have one before the next election - and that in itself is worth having" - but he added a Conservative government would still repeal the legislation.
Uh oh, looks like I might have to vote Tory...

Believe it or not, a comment on Slashdot does an admirable job of summing up why all this is pointless - for the public anyway. We get nothing from this. All that happens is the government bullies us into paying for them to monitor us more closely.

Last edited by meglamaniac; 30 Mar 2006 at 17:10.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote