User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 22 Dec 2007, 13:52   #1
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
a political summary of r24

Well, just popped onto the forums and realised that a thread about an alliance which has been dead since r13 was dominating the landscape. Pretty pathetic So thought I'd enlighten you all and, hopefully, shine some more light up jupp's arsehole (read: this is 'slightly' biassed in eXcessum's favour - also note that I wasn't allowed to do any politics after some pre-round stuff, so I am a bit clueless).

pre-round:

eXcessum/angels/Urwins shared some bps (had members which needed help, so we combined resources) - a week later, out of the blue, Urwins (logbat especially) assumed we were napped and forming a block to take down CT, who were the big bad enemy. Myself and Wishmaster (doing politics back then!) were aghast at this, and made it clear we would not nap. Of course, angels and Urwins still napped each other. From what I gather, Urwins went on to nap CT pre-round (I still find this change in behaviour odd) - or at least before t72, whom were also napped orbit-tof at about that time. No idea what the other alliances were doing at this time.

The key message to take out of this paragraph: Urwins are morally corrupt and are pretty shit in general, but more about this later.

Mid-round part I:

CT had a very strong lead in the universe over Urwins - probably about t500? or so, and night after night nothing was happening. It was around now that we learnt of the urwins/ct nap - once the shock and amazement at urwins hc being so shite had settled down, jupp and mitre took it upon themselves to make the round fun. This entailed going round to alliances seeing who was up for planet targetting CT (this took like nearly a week to organise...!). From what I recall, ND/ROCK/XVX/VGN were interested. So we attacked CT for a few nights, they had huge roidloss, the gap at the top was decreasing between themselves and Urwins, when xVx dropped out (I think rock did too? maybe vgn as well - I know they 'backstabbed' us one night) - and generally motivation dropped. So the war was over. This was detrimental to eXcessum, since a fair few big members got pissed off at this and simply stopped 'playing'. CT also planet targetted exc one of those nigths and we suffered huge roid losses.

CT offered excessum a nap (of sorts - no planet targetting at least) and the war was officially over...

key message there: the war effort on CT was completely down to the hard work of jupp and mitre!

Mid round part II:

After 1 or 2 days of no war, jupp was starting to miss the adrenaline rush of playing God, so we agreed the next/only option to make the round fun was to turn our attention to Urwins. The idea being: planet target them until they dropped the nap with CT, who by now had regained all their roids and a substantial lead at the top again. So we did it one night - I think with ND/ROCK/angels? not sure - it was a pretty dismal attack compared to the ones on CT earlier that week anyway. Credit has to go to angels though (if I'm right about them being involved) - I'm assuming they dropped the nap with urwins for it? Maybe I'm completely wrong there Thankfully, Urwins still suffered some roid losses and the next day said they would drop the nap with CT with 48hrs notice. No doubt Urwins will claim that they dropped the nap because of member-pressure (and a fair few members were crying for war, certainly helped them make the decision to drop the nap) - but no, if you believe that you're living in cloud cuckoo land.

so the war was back on....

key message: jupp is ace.

Mid round part III:

It was a monday of some week that the war restarted. I think angels now joined the war, and it was urwins/eXcessum/angels/ND/VGN attacking. By now, I think, jupp was a bit burnt out having spent 3weeks or so doing politics (its insane how much work it takes to make a round fun when alliances are dominantly run by SHIT people). So Urwins mostly ran the war effort at that time, and we p-targetted ct for about a week. Think it took 6days before they lost the #1 spot!

Throughout both wars eXcessum target assigned (probably about 7-10 nights in total?) which was key to us doing well - had 60 attack fleets on those nights. Not to brag, but the first war especially, it was mostly us doing the damage on CT... or at least we had the huuge roid gains when CT had huge roid losses.

So by now our motivation for the round was over really. Jupp had successfully turned a one-horse ride into the grand national with 3 alliances (urwins/CT/ND) in a position to win. Though that said ND were still a fair bit behind. As for eXcessum, we calmed down. By now jupp and mitre were doing EVERYTHING (politics/intel/DCing/BCing/etc) - and not surprisingly the war machine that is eXcessum was taken out of 5th gear and plonked into, almost, reverse. By this I mean we continued the nap with ND, had one with ROCK as well - think we stayed friendly with urwins till the end? But 3 naps aren't that bad at ~tick800 considering what went on before

It was also this time that a big eXcessum dude - Cheek - asked me who the **** CT were after seeing them mentioned in a channel. Was ammusing.

The end:

I don't know much about this really. I know VGN were very shit at some point (validating my thread earlier in the round <3) and judging by their roids at tick 1010, they're either the best alliance ever or they did a hell of a lot of napping. Also, throughout the 2nd war, they were a constant problem - safe to say their heart really wasn't into it.

Strangely, despite all the hard work taking down CT, what eventually lost them the round was ministry leaving the tag... kinda cool. A big shout out has to go to Bluearmy & co there.

I assume that during this period ND did a lot of good stuff to win the round? Like taking down urwins first, then keeping CT down (a bit) - think excessum also helped them do this in the final parts of the round, though not particularly actively.

Summary:

the alliances playing r24 were shite, with the possible exceptions of CT and ND (I'm calling urwins shite cos to this day I'll never understand how they did not win the round.......). To think eXcessum finished with the 2nd? 3rd? highest average score.. and honestly, we were pretty shit awesome when fleet assigning, shit the rest of the time.

====

So how was that? Bet I've missed out a lot of key factors that I'm just simply not aware of
newt is offline   Reply With Quote