User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 Sep 2010, 16:20   #1
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Salvage in the bcalc

Today, while calcing some fairly large waves, I made the mistake of leaving out defender value/score, because I was in a hurry. It was later pointed out to me that the bcalc assumes maximal salvage for defenders without values/scores.

This is retarded.

For all other information, the more I put in for the defenders, the better the calc becomes. But for salvage, it's exactly the other way around. If I forget some information, the calc looks much better than it really is. It forces DCs to waste precious time filling in every minute detail of a calc.

Suggestion: change it so that if planet values/scores are left out, minimal salvage is assumed. You can always add it later and get a pleasant surprise, while the other way around is much, much worse.

P.S. if you cared to know, it turned out ok, they just recalled!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2010, 16:50   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salvage in the bcalc

Also, is it too much to ask to have the planet's race added when you add information directly from a scan, given that it already adds score and value?
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 00:11   #3
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

and can we have a small comment line above each fleet, for perhaps coords of the defenders/attackers?

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 11:38   #4
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Adding minimum or no salvage wont make it a lot better though. This will lead to a number of crashes from less experienced players who will think defenders have to run their ships or take losses. We could have the bcalc assume all defenders are average value/score before putting in coorcs, or simply remove the up to 50% salvage bonus small players get. As it is today its only a problem to "experienced" players who needs to add coords to get correct salvage.
I can see how it is a problem for you adding AUs from munin, but if you add them from defpage, the players scores will automatically be added.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 11:39   #5
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
and can we have a small comment line above each fleet, for perhaps coords of the defenders/attackers?
Adding coords over each fleet would be ace! It takes time to work out who has recalled from a battle if its huge because you need to recognize the fleet size.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2010, 15:08   #6
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Also, is it too much to ask to have the planet's race added when you add information directly from a scan, given that it already adds score and value?
Doesn´t it already do that? I´ve just tried it and ships, score/value and race all got added smoothly. I think a while ago races probably didn´t show, but I think they were still added properly. Iirc I experienced no salvage changes when I set the races in the calc when they weren´t shown.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2010, 15:36   #7
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

another useful thing for the bcalc; when adding fleets from an inc scan on a planet that is sending multiple fleets at you, can we have a way of separating the fleets instead of all the ships being added into one fleet?
Unread 5 Sep 2010, 17:49   #8
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
another useful thing for the bcalc; when adding fleets from an inc scan on a planet that is sending multiple fleets at you, can we have a way of separating the fleets instead of all the ships being added into one fleet?
This sounds good to me
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote