User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 Jun 2009, 19:31   #1
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about
Worst ever political PA decisions!!!

I've been kind of on the outside looking in for this round (like last round). I'm playing but I may as well not have.

I'm been keenly reading these forums over the last few weeks and watching sandmans on a daily basis.

I was wondering what the community would say has been the worst ever political decisions. I think over the past few rounds there have been quite a few that have just handed ASC the round BUT...

I was thinking that the xvx decision a few weeks back must rank amongst the worst ever in PA history.

What do you think?
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 19:36   #2
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Worst ever political PA decisions!!!

Angels reforming
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 19:57   #3
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The BGs blocking for a cause they could have achieved far easier by forming an alliance preround.

Handing round 9 to EET by deciding to roid WNAR galaxies, Phraktos deciding to backstab in round 10.5 ... where to continue ...
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 20:39   #4
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
The BGs blocking for a cause they could have achieved far easier by forming an alliance preround.
do you not start to feel like a stuck record?

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 21:26   #5
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
Same could easily be said for the initial post.
How are we defining a bad political decision? By almost any standards the xVx/Asc NAP has turned out reasonably well for both parties. I would have thought the worst political decisions were those that lead to the collapse of the decision makers alliance, there are several examples in pa history, whatever the xVx/Asc NAP was it certainly is not that.
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 21:38   #6
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

round 9 - vvomm (iirc: vision, virus, olympians, ministry, m...*) taking on the fury/elysium/etc type alliances in a nice block war. Problem was the round was won by the fury (or eclipse, whatever) type people in no time at all. To give you some idea, back then it was still private galaxies, and my galaxy was the #1 vvomm gal ranked #69. I think Mitre was the top vvomm planet ranked around #250 (and he had naps with the enemy for most of the round...).

Whatever the vvomm people did politically must have been diabolical!

Or you could look at r7 and the xanadu/LDK group fighting vs legion/fury/titans/etc. That was an immensely one sided afair as well (only one xan/ldk gal in the top100, etc) - though xan/ldk did own c2 and c18 - gotta love BULL.

In my opinion horrid politics done in these round far outweigh anything in the modern game...

* something makes me think it was madcows!
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 21:38   #7
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
OP totally started this!
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 21:54   #8
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Everyone agreeing to play solo in r11!

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 22:24   #9
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd say Titans deciding to go it alone in round 7 was pretty suicidal. Not sure if it was stupid, as they probably knew the consequences and didn't give a flying one.
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 22:39   #10
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post

I was thinking that the xvx decision a few weeks back must rank amongst the worst ever in PA history.

What do you think?
oooh you havent talked to any xvx hc/officer clearleh, apprently xvx didnt want to win a round (rofl), asc beating them is all part of the plan (yeah i read that in the joker's voice too). if you believe that then you may also be interested to hear rabbits are the handmaidens of the fairy queen and the stars are god's daisy chain.

how on earth asc can point the finger at the BGs for not creating tags capable of winning and not fall about laughing at xvx for throwing away a certain win by napping a beaten ally i will never know. (no iam not interested in the inevitable flame from some asc guy about blah blah EC blah blah something else whatever, its as easy to see coming as a britney breakdown)

btw despite a rumoured emofest in asc, i heard nothing about the following:

THE UTTER STUPIDITY of BPING ISILDURX (7:3:2) has been decided to leave the alliance. This is an automated mail to ensure you are aware of their departure. They provided the following reason:
I am leaving because this alliance is a disgrace to what it was and rather than take responsibility and be involved in resolving the problems that have cropped up I'd rather leave you all to fester in your own incompetence.

real/fake/the story behind it?

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 23:05   #11
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Same could easily be said for the initial post.
How are we defining a bad political decision? By almost any standards the xVx/Asc NAP has turned out reasonably well for both parties. I would have thought the worst political decisions were those that lead to the collapse of the decision makers alliance, there are several examples in pa history, whatever the xVx/Asc NAP was it certainly is not that.
A political decision that snatches defeat from the jaws of certain victory is as bad as it gets IMHO
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2009, 23:24   #12
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post

THE UTTER STUPIDITY of BPING ISILDURX (7:3:2) has been decided to leave the alliance. This is an automated mail to ensure you are aware of their departure. They provided the following reason:
I am leaving because this alliance is a disgrace to what it was and rather than take responsibility and be involved in resolving the problems that have cropped up I'd rather leave you all to fester in your own incompetence.

crashing score. general level of shitness of asc this round. those kind of things.

he's right though. he's not right to emo so much.
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 00:14   #13
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
Angels reforming
was that in r17?
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 09:12   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
crashing score. general level of shitness of asc this round. those kind of things.

he's right though. he's not right to emo so much.
It wasn't an emotional decision in the sense of something I randomly decided upon based on that one incident. The fact I've spent rounds trying to instill a culture of responsibility in ascendancy only to see people still trying to blame each other for crashing is pretty depressing. It's not your fault, it's our fault. It's not your score, it's our score. It's not my alliance, it's our alliance. I said pre-round I wouldn't be stepping back up to ensure things ran smoothly and I reached the stage where it was either that or just divorce myself entirely from the current ascendancy incarnation. It's rather hard to just sit there and watch people piss all over something you put a lot of time into simply because they don't really give a ****.
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 10:19   #15
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
It wasn't an emotional decision in the sense of something I randomly decided upon based on that one incident. The fact I've spent rounds trying to instill a culture of responsibility in ascendancy only to see people still trying to blame each other for crashing is pretty depressing. It's not your fault, it's our fault. It's not your score, it's our score. It's not my alliance, it's our alliance. I said pre-round I wouldn't be stepping back up to ensure things ran smoothly and I reached the stage where it was either that or just divorce myself entirely from the current ascendancy incarnation. It's rather hard to just sit there and watch people piss all over something you put a lot of time into simply because they don't really give a ****.

Khan down
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 10:27   #16
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
wow NEWSFLASH asc is the same as every other alliance and your model just leaves it open to even more blaming eachother instead of blaming HC in regular set ups.

Is this your first emo quit? I think a lot of people will see it as that anyway
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 10:34   #17
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
wow NEWSFLASH asc is the same as every other alliance and your model just leaves it open to even more blaming eachother instead of blaming HC in regular set ups.

Nah we just got infected by the shitness from every other alliance after r30.
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 11:16   #18
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's rather hard to just sit there and watch people piss all over something you put a lot of time into simply because they don't really give a ****.
Could be worse though, at least you aren't in some alliance with a much larger percentage of clowns.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 11:24   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Is this your first emo quit? I think a lot of people will see it as that anyway
As we've outperformed everyone since starting on the BGs, I think we're doing quite well in spite of institutional failure. As much as JBG is right in everything he says (and I may be a target of everything he says!) the fact that we have no clear leader still means we're attacking and defending as normal.

By all means attack us as individuals; we have failed horribly. But our institution has kept us relatively strong where other alliances would have fallen apart. I'd contend it's actually quite resilient to failure.

Best alliance this round are SPOOOOON, by the way. They're probably playing how we should be, except in smaller numbers.
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 11:38   #20
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considence View Post
Nah we just got infected by the shitness from every other alliance after r30.
You guys recruited them tho?
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 14:18   #21
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oooh you havent talked to any xvx hc/officer clearleh, apprently xvx didnt want to win a round (rofl), asc beating them is all part of the plan (yeah i read that in the joker's voice too). if you believe that then you may also be interested to hear rabbits are the handmaidens of the fairy queen and the stars are god's daisy chain.
Yeah, as its highly unlikely any alliance would ever play PA without aiming or being bothered about the #1 alliance rank (rofl).... o wait, every single alliance including Asc couldnt care less about it.

Asc beating xVx or xVx beating Asc isnt part of any plan. The only plan for xVx was to have a fun round and they achieved that...

Quote:
how on earth asc can point the finger at the BGs for not creating tags capable of winning and not fall about laughing at xvx for throwing away a certain win by napping a beaten ally i will never know. (no iam not interested in the inevitable flame from some asc guy about blah blah EC blah blah something else whatever, its as easy to see coming as a britney breakdown)
Asc point the finger at the BG's for not creating tags capable of winning as you're the only alliances who seem to think the #1 rank actually matters this round. You're trying to imply that xVx really wanted/wants the rank and that Asc is currently roiding constantly with no idle fleets to overtake Asc. When in reality, no-one cares..

Its also the fact that it was one of the BG's aims to try and stop Asc winning the #1 rank...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
A political decision that snatches defeat from the jaws of certain victory is as bad as it gets IMHO
xVx hasnt been defeated? As far as i can see, they won the round with Asc?

Quote:
Didnt you ever stop to think what 'mass recruiting' everybody would do?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 14:34   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Didnt you ever stop to think what 'mass recruiting' everybody would do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me, in the post you quoted
I said pre-round I wouldn't be stepping back up to ensure things ran smoothly
Also I'd say we recruited a higher number of first time ascendancy members last round and quite possibly in r28.
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 17:25   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We're up 8 members since round start.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 19:50   #24
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:

xVx hasnt been defeated? As far as i can see, they won the round with Asc?

Maybe I somehow misunderstood, but are you trying to say that Asc and xVx are winning the round together? And that the combined forces of Asc and xVx will claim a shared victory?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 20:01   #25
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also I'd say we recruited a higher number of first time ascendancy members last round and quite possibly in r28.
but last round had you? (Ive got no idea, im not Asc.. just commenting on looking from the outside but..) If you constantly mass recruit, you're not going to be able to push things on them that they'll remember, as it takes alot of pushing to get someone to stop thinking of themselves but rather for the alliance and only the alliance.
It became apparent as soon as this round started, that Asc was no longer the 'elite' group it used to be, but was a watered-down version of its former self. Although, that could of just been due to you (JBG) not doing the work anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Maybe I somehow misunderstood, but are you trying to say that Asc and xVx are winning the round together? And that the combined forces of Asc and xVx will claim a shared victory?
No, im saying that Asc and xVx are allied.. so its impossible for Asc to 'Defeat' xVx.

Its like saying America defeated Britain in World War 2 as they came out of it as the #1 superpower.. Its just lol.

The BG's got defeated, xVx did not.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 5 Jun 2009 at 20:29.
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 20:35   #26
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No, im saying that Asc and xVx are allied.. so its impossible for Asc to 'Defeat' xVx.

Its like saying America defeated Britain in World War 2 as they came out of it as the #1 superpower.. Its just lol.
what the f**k are you smoking and where can i get some!

this is about bad political decisions, xvx were dead certs to win ally tag, top planet and top galaxys ....
and then you napped asc....
now asc (achi) is likely to get top planet, probably control top galaxys and may even win the alliance tag competition.

that is a staggering ****up no matter how many times you trot out the line 'you didnt wanna win etc etc', noone is believing you lol

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 20:46   #27
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

If Night Sky wasn't the wee sweetie that she is (there are some folk you just can't get mad at....Bless her ) I would also be putting the boot in.
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 21:51   #28
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
what the f**k are you smoking and where can i get some!

this is about bad political decisions, xvx were dead certs to win ally tag, top planet and top galaxys ....
and then you napped asc....
now asc (achi) is likely to get top planet, probably control top galaxys and may even win the alliance tag competition.

that is a staggering ****up no matter how many times you trot out the line 'you didnt wanna win etc etc', noone is believing you lol
Havent you noticed, its only the BG's who are saying xVx made a bad decision?

No-one in xVx is arguing against the decision or thinks the decision was bad. So you'll struggle to argue that its a bad political decision when all of xVx was happy with it and are still happy with it.
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 22:01   #29
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

No-one in xVx is arguing against the decision or thinks the decision was bad. So you'll struggle to argue that its a bad political decision when all of xVx was happy with it and are still happy with it.
I am with Light on this one!

(I hate to be in one of her fleets though, they seem to die hard at times!)
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 22:10   #30
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

So has JBG actually left ascendancy? Or is it just the kind of power trip I'd do in a similar position? [jester/munin removes everyone JBG doesn't like, could be 30+ ppl, and JBG plays as asc again as hc (yes, he's a hc!) - obviously once the round has finished]
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 23:10   #31
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I crashed my co, forgot that i'm in TOOT not in hirr.
I take the blame, now find a new topic to laugh at.
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 23:22   #32
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:

'Only' the bg's which would leave Asc and xVx, Asc benefits hugely from your decision and I'm sure they can contain laughing at you untill after the round and xVX is you and I'm sure you don't want to believe you threw away a sure win to end up second but claim part of the win because you are 'allied' to the number 1.
Tbh Rock would deserve to claim the win more than you guys since they've been with Asc the whole round, you at best just attacked with them at the end to mob up some bg's.

The only way it was a good political move is if you count on playing next rounds too and you hope that by bowing down to Asc and letting them win now you earn the right to be their side kicks in the next rounds.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 07:23   #33
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

any point playing next round?

with asc having retarded hcs who loves them in both xvx and rock?
Will just be the same all over, wont it?

the 3 biggest alliances WILL work together. fun!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 08:11   #34
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

worst ever political PA decisions are those made by alliance Hc's which didnt recruit bread|

or HellKicker....
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 09:18   #35
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
worst ever political PA decisions are those made by alliance Hc's which didnt recruit bread|

or HellKicker....
or your mum

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 09:43   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
So has JBG actually left ascendancy? Or is it just the kind of power trip I'd do in a similar position? [jester/munin removes everyone JBG doesn't like, could be 30+ ppl, and JBG plays as asc again as hc (yes, he's a hc!) - obviously once the round has finished]
We were going to call it something else.
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 09:56   #37
Munkee
Dictator

[09:48] <+munkee> [09:47] * Topic is 'Saints have joined rock.. '
[09:48] <+munkee> [09:47] * Set by The-Ghost on Fri Jun 05 18:34:20
[09:48] <+munkee> oh it needs more context..
[09:48] <+munkee> [09:47] * Now talking in #rock.private

Im yet to see how bad a decision this might be?
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 09:57   #38
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
'Only' the bg's which would leave Asc and xVx, Asc benefits hugely from your decision and I'm sure they can contain laughing at you untill after the round and xVX is you and I'm sure you don't want to believe you threw away a sure win to end up second but claim part of the win because you are 'allied' to the number 1.
Tbh Rock would deserve to claim the win more than you guys since they've been with Asc the whole round, you at best just attacked with them at the end to mob up some bg's.

The only way it was a good political move is if you count on playing next rounds too and you hope that by bowing down to Asc and letting them win now you earn the right to be their side kicks in the next rounds.
So its the worst political move ever? but both partys involved in the decision are happy with it? and the only people who think its a bad decision are those people who got pwned by it?

You think its a bad political decision, as it resulted in the BG's getting wtfpwned...
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 10:27   #39
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
or your mum
she's worse at pa than you CBA!
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 13:27   #40
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Everyone except Omen and Asc, with a speshal star to ND/CT, r30.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 16:43   #41
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

Quote:
Your so right Munkee, Asc setup is awful, so awful they have won 3 rounds in a row, and in this round when things are clearly **** they are #2 and at least close to xVx.

Ascendancy at its best is when the odds are down, thats the real difference between Ascendancy and any other alliance, they are like family, they might beat each other up some but when the chips are down they come together and rally.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 17:20   #42
Munkee
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
Your so right Munkee, Asc setup is awful, so awful they have won 3 rounds in a row, and in this round when things are clearly **** they are #2 and at least close to xVx.

Ascendancy at its best is when the odds are down, thats the real difference between Ascendancy and any other alliance, they are like family, they might beat each other up some but when the chips are down they come together and rally.
You still banned from priv chan?
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 17:24   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Let's be honest here munkee. This is the equivalent of someone who came somewhere in the middle of the pack in the last special olympics insulting carl lewis for not winning the gold medal.
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 18:07   #44
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
You mean when the chips are down, JBG (and to a much lesser extent, a few people like Golan) go nuts to win. Much better to just glorify JBG & Golan instead of the asc-model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
We were going to call it something else.
Will it still be asc-like? Seems odd that the asc-core will leave asc to form an asc-copy instead of just kicking out people. Unless the asc-core is divided on this? Will Ascendancy (ie the current one, not your 'new alliance') still play?

I'm kinda wondering if you're lying/joking since there's no thread or anything about the demise of ascendancy But wishmaster isn't around to enlighten me and I'm too stupid to tell.
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 18:12   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Will it still be asc-like? Seems odd that the asc-core will leave asc to form an asc-copy instead of just kicking out people. Unless the asc-core is divided on this? Will Ascendancy (ie the current one, not your 'new alliance') still play?

I'm kinda wondering if you're lying/joking since there's no thread or anything about the demise of ascendancy But wishmaster isn't around to enlighten me and I'm too stupid to tell.
I don't really understand any of your questions so I'm just going to answer yes to all of them.
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 19:02   #46
newt
Banned

okay, new my shit communication skills would bite me on the ass sooner or later I suppose I'll just sit around and wait for more information to gradually appear on AD somewhere!
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 20:01   #47
Annie

Annie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really niceAnnie is just really nice

Quote:
No im not but I deserve to be, I havent played PA in 4 weeks.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 20:48   #48
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
round 9 - vvomm (iirc: vision, virus, olympians, ministry, m...*) taking on the fury/elysium/etc type alliances in a nice block war. Problem was the round was won by the fury (or eclipse, whatever) type people in no time at all. To give you some idea, back then it was still private galaxies, and my galaxy was the #1 vvomm gal ranked #69. I think Mitre was the top vvomm planet ranked around #250 (and he had naps with the enemy for most of the round...).

Whatever the vvomm people did politically must have been diabolical!

Or you could look at r7 and the xanadu/LDK group fighting vs legion/fury/titans/etc. That was an immensely one sided afair as well (only one xan/ldk gal in the top100, etc) - though xan/ldk did own c2 and c18 - gotta love BULL.

In my opinion horrid politics done in these round far outweigh anything in the modern game...

* something makes me think it was madcows!

We were worried about overblocking in both those rounds. Although I was a rather inactive Xanadu HC in r7, and semi active Ministry HC in the VVOMM thing, I do remember that was the reason. The other side didn't have those kind of reservations though (obviously)...

Tbh I cant even say I'm sorry about it. Imo it was the other sides fault for overkilling...FLEETNARWEETLOLOMG blocks take the piss tbh.
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 21:50   #49
newt
Banned

I was Legion in r7, but in c18... my galaxy just got hopelessly bashed all round, as did the titans hc galaxy incluster. Talk about unlucky My alliance/block totally dominate the round, but I end up in a cluster with 3 bull galaxies. Round over.

Anyway, some things I don't understand in this thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Handing round 9 to EET by deciding to roid WNAR galaxies,
huh? that must completely pail in significance compared to vvomm's general ****up that round?

And similarly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokken
I'd say Titans deciding to go it alone in round 7 was pretty suicidal. Not sure if it was stupid, as they probably knew the consequences and didn't give a flying one.
Again, that must be insignificant compared to the xanadu ****up that round?
Unread 6 Jun 2009, 22:18   #50
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
I was Legion in r7, but in c18... my galaxy just got hopelessly bashed all round, as did the titans hc galaxy incluster. Talk about unlucky My alliance/block totally dominate the round, but I end up in a cluster with 3 bull galaxies. Round over.
Hold the ****ing phone a minute. You've got 2 galaxies, one of which can call on Titans to focus on your cluster, and lets face it - they were not shit. Were you really unlucky, or just defeated?

Quote:
Again, that must be insignificant compared to the xanadu ****up that round?
Xanadu were always going to lose round 7, we made absolutely sure of that after round 6. To reach a level where how annoying you are to work with ranks equal with the annoyance of sleep deprivation was a unique achievement, I have to say.