User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 4 May 2010, 11:41   #251
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Sad change in planetarion history

I think the general consensus is that while the cards may have fallen exactly right for VsN, no one else deserves the win more.
Plus everyone is happy Asc and App are not winning.
Unread 4 May 2010, 11:45   #252
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Tolerate it? Have you looked at sandmans recently?
Correct me if I am wrong but that dogpile began long before that post - infact it was the CAUSE of the post.

I think it is more a response to Cardi pissing people off and vacation mode than to the post (except perhaps from opportunists hoping they won't be defended against because they aren't in vsn!).

Even if it was a response to the post it is the wrong one - the MH should deal with the implications of the post - anything else just allows the status quo to persist.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2010, 12:02   #253
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The post was intended as a counter-measure. In that light, it failed miserably.

I also disagree with your statement that the community cannot change the status quo without the involvement of multihunters. That said, I do agree that the multihunters are primarily responsible for setting the boundaries within which we're allowed to make political moves (though only if the game mechanics fail to do so). In that light, I'm somewhat disappointed we haven't heard from them (though not particularly surprised). Obviously I'm not asking for them to publically denounce Apprime. However, in the interest of next round, I do want to know if Ascendancy will be allowed to let all Conspiracy incomings land on us while we cover all Apprime incomings.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2010, 12:20   #254
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I also disagree with your statement that the community cannot change the status quo without the involvement of multihunters. That said, I do agree that the multihunters are primarily responsible for setting the boundaries within which we're allowed to make political moves (though only if the game mechanics fail to do so). In that light, I'm somewhat disappointed we haven't heard from them (though not particularly surprised). Obviously I'm not asking for them to publically denounce Apprime. However, in the interest of next round, I do want to know if Ascendancy will be allowed to let all Conspiracy incomings land on us while we cover all Apprime incomings.
This may come as a shocker to you, but focusing everything to stop 1 particular alliance from landing on you has always been allowed. Your own ally has been practicing this several rounds.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2010, 12:52   #255
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

There is a different philosophy which was touted back in the day. The game is a sandbox, it has its limits and you play within those. Anything that can be done within those limits, is allowed. If the community disapproves of someones actions, suspects them of cheating or playing in a dishonest way, then it is the community who may act as enforcers of this view. Essentially replacing the law with a lynchmob, but as still enough people need to be convinced to join in, there's a counter measure in place to stop completely moronic accusations from being carried out.

I'd say that's actually what we saw in this case, although the conditions were helped along by other factors, such as the general dislike of cardi. The essential weakness of this approach, is that it also requires there to be enough organizational power on the opposing side to organize the mob in a meaningful manner, something that hasn't really been there in the past when this has been suggested.
Unread 4 May 2010, 13:15   #256
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
I also disagree with your statement that the community cannot change the status quo without the involvement of multihunters.
I didn't intend to put across the view that the community can't change things without multihunters so apologies if I wasn't clear about that.

I'm sure they could if there was a will to do so.
Unfortunately though, the game structure means that cheating is easy, and the opportunism that Sun_Tzu alludes to in his post encourages the community to look for every possible "loophole" that they can in order to extract an advantage of some sort.

N.B. the advantage may not even be sought in terms of score - it could be sought to win an e-penis contest.

Whether this involves donations, farming, vacation mode or whatever the case.

Add to this officials that either can't or won't enforce what passes for "rules and regulations" and you have a recipe for a farcical free for all.

Under these circumstances the community doesn't want to change the status quo and the same people who launch on Apprime now for exploiting vacation mode will be the ones who use vacation mode next round when the shoe is on the other foot.

(And / or vnc, donations, account sharing et. al.)
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2010, 13:27   #257
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
This may come as a shocker to you, but focusing everything to stop 1 particular alliance from landing on you has always been allowed. Your own ally has been practicing this several rounds.
I'm not sure why you quote my post, since you didn't actually address my point. It if points you in the right direction, it wasn't "close Apprime now!".

And, incidentially, the argument you use has already been countered by lokken.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 4 May 2010, 14:24   #258
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'm not sure why you quote my post, since you didn't actually address my point. It if points you in the right direction, it wasn't "close Apprime now!".

And, incidentially, the argument you use has already been countered by lokken.
In your post, you want to make it clear that you want the multihunters to address the point of letting one alliance land on you. This has never been an issue when Ascendancy has done it, but suddenly is an issue now that Apprime publically announce that they are forced to let Newdawn land, thanks to being fully occupied with denying Vision roids.

I simply pointed out that this has always been practiced and allowed, even by Ascendancy. So why should there be any problems next round?
Unread 4 May 2010, 14:34   #259
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Personally, I find a difference between publically announcing it and keeping it inside your own alliance. I also believe Ascendancy have been doing it to secure/fight for #1 spot, not for revenge for broken NAPs or whatever.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2010, 14:34   #260
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I simply pointed out that this has always been practiced and allowed, even by Ascendancy. So why should there be any problems next round?
Because it's been repeatedly proven that the multihunters do not consider what has been allowed in the past to be an indication of the same act being allowed in the future (or even in the present, but by different people). In brief, making any assumptions on multihunter behavior is just vain because there's no particular code of conduct they would consistently follow through rounds.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2010, 14:59   #261
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Since it was a bit unclear to someone why this thread was called "sad change in planetarion history". Every round as far as i can remember, there has been made loose co-operations, or firm blocks, in order to make the fight for #1 a bit balanced. Atleast until one alliance has proven itself, and the others give up the fight. This round however, we are seeing an alliance winning the round undisputed. A ****ing walkover.

The sad change in planetarion history is a large block being formed to bash 1 small alliance, and totally forget the fight for #1. Even though several alliances could have tried to win. Also worth mentioning that both the top alliances NAPed eachother, and was content on farming nubs, until they joined the block against the smaller alliance. This round was spineless.
Unread 4 May 2010, 16:45   #262
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Because it's been repeatedly proven that the multihunters do not consider what has been allowed in the past to be an indication of the same act being allowed in the future (or even in the present, but by different people). In brief, making any assumptions on multihunter behavior is just vain because there's no particular code of conduct they would consistently follow through rounds.
JESUS ****ING CHRIST MAN STOP SOUNDING LIKE A BROKEN RECORD OK YOU WERE WRONGED BY A (now retired) MULTIHUNTER 20 ROUNDS AGO MAYBE IT'S TIME TO QUIT BITCHING ABOUT IT IN EVERY ****ING POST YOU MAKE
Unread 4 May 2010, 18:57   #263
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
In your post, you want to make it clear that you want the multihunters to address the point of letting one alliance land on you. This has never been an issue when Ascendancy has done it, but suddenly is an issue now that Apprime publically announce that they are forced to let Newdawn land, thanks to being fully occupied with denying Vision roids.

We never actually did this (unless it happened in r34 when I wasn't in Ascendancy). It's a completely retarded idea if you have any regard for the actual performance of your own alliance. That said I see absolutely nothing wrong with doing so. How it actually differs (in practical effect) from just attacking one alliance (the most valid and well-regarded tactic in PA) is beyond me (and that we definitely did do). In general though people have always leaned towards tactics like this where you focus more, in defence, on one, or a couple of, particular alliance(s). It just never makes sense as you're publicly announcing you'll let yourself get roided by anyone who cares to launch. If the multihunters outlaw this it'll just get retarded though as people will start accusing each other of only sending fake def versus one alliance and random shit like that. Voltaire once said that "a great many laws in a country, like many physicians, is a sign of malady." If you can accept that as regards a country you'd need to be some moaning retard to think it doesn't apply to internet games.
Unread 4 May 2010, 20:05   #264
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Every alliance when faced with overwhelming incs, have to make priorities. Since Denial in round 27, Apprime and Ascendancy are the only ones who had to make these decissions over a long period of time. Real DCing is when you know its impossible to cover it all, a rare and valueable experience. Although this is the first time we publically announce that we are open, we have practiced this before.

So jonny:
If you say you have not practiced this, then you are perhaps right that you didnt do it in the same scale, but if you scale it down, you have. Since i was in your gal r30, lets use that as an example. We let alliances like ASS etc land on us because they were no competition for us. You did most of the DCing this round, but I am very sure about what i am saying right now. In theory this is much the same. When facing overwhelming incs, let alliances who you dont regard as your competition, land on your planets, in order to achieve your long term goals. If Apprime had the slightest chance to cover ND incs, we would do it, but not at the cost of letting Vision land on us. I agree that it was a tad dodgy to publically announce it, but it was done for a reason.

In a discussion with Cardinal, he told me everyone was turning on them. We thought it would be funny to make a public announcement, this one. Since cardi is banned, i did the posting!
With some discussions from Apprimes channel in the back of my head, i started thinking about if Apprime could actually turn this around and win. After some thinking, i decided to break it down to a few basic steps that had to be completed:

- Break the block fast in order to be able to cover 100% of our incs.
- Make vision and ND turn on eachother
- Recruit players from competing alliances, and keep them out of tag
- Be everything Apprime is capable of being and accelerate to #1

With this, i did my best to write a thread that could help us achieve these goals. Chances were incredibly slim though, but Apprime is a fighting alliance and we have worked against the odds before. No need to say we also needed a good portion of luck on this one!

It failed though, and my comrades in Apprime are now just relaxing, roiding some top planets and enjoying the round.

I want to point out that i have done nothing this round. I have not contributed with anything at all, not even a planet. School has been my first priority and I was merely a tool for posting this thread. All credits to Apprimes members. If Apprime had been fighting for #1 now, it would not be because of my post. I was just a tool for posting this, and although i wrote it with my personal touch, all the real work would have to be done by Apprimes members and especially Cardinal.
Unread 4 May 2010, 20:12   #265
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzi
If you say you have not practiced this, then you are perhaps right that you didnt do it in the same scale, but if you scale it down, you have.
Yes, that's what I said. And yes your explanation is why I agreed it shouldn't be banned.
Unread 4 May 2010, 20:27   #266
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
We never actually did this (unless it happened in r34 when I wasn't in Ascendancy).
Pretty sure we did this to some extent in r30 where we put more priority on defending CT incs when we were being "gangbanged" at the end of the round
Unread 4 May 2010, 20:28   #267
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kila_ View Post
pretty sure we did this to some extent in r30 where we put more priority on defending ct incs when we were being "gangbanged" at the end of the round
For the love of god will people read the whole of my posts if they're going to reply to them.
Unread 4 May 2010, 20:34   #268
_Kila_
break it down!

I read it. I saw the part where you said "we've never done this", I didn't see you say "oh wait I was wrong we have done this"

Whilst announcing what they're doing is a little silly, it was their best hope of driving a wedge between the two alliances as this way it's inevitably going to get noticed more
Unread 4 May 2010, 20:47   #269
JonnyBGood
Banned

Announcing it is the problem you idiot and it's also what we didn't do and why it's not the same thing. Also the fact that prioritising defence is not the same as allowing fleets to land from one particular alliance. The second can only ever be a strategic decision.

As regards the actual legality it's why me hitting some guy who logs in and doesn't run his fleet for whatever reason is legal but that same guy pming me ingame and saying I can farm him and then me doing so is illegal.
Unread 5 May 2010, 08:41   #270
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the love of god will people read the whole of my posts if they're going to reply to them.
Why on earth would pple start doing that after >10 years of AD ???

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2010, 08:21   #271
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Since i was in your gal r30, lets use that as an example. We let alliances like ASS etc land on us because they were no competition for us.
I am pretty sure we were letting them land because they were landing on planets with few roids so were of less priority in def rather than because it was from a little alliance (normally orbit in my case)... As I was often one of those being landed on that was certainly the reason why I was not getting def, nothing to do with the alliance attacking us as we let the big alliances (in that round Omen) land on my gal too!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2010, 11:32   #272
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Since it was a bit unclear to someone why this thread was called "sad change in planetarion history". Every round as far as i can remember, there has been made loose co-operations, or firm blocks, in order to make the fight for #1 a bit balanced. Atleast until one alliance has proven itself, and the others give up the fight. This round however, we are seeing an alliance winning the round undisputed. A ****ing walkover.

The sad change in planetarion history is a large block being formed to bash 1 small alliance, and totally forget the fight for #1. Even though several alliances could have tried to win. Also worth mentioning that both the top alliances NAPed eachother, and was content on farming nubs, until they joined the block against the smaller alliance. This round was spineless.
Now see, your problem here mr. Hanzi-come-lately, is that you don't know your history.

Rnd3 was dominated by a, often hated, NAP between Fury and Legion, which basically stagnated the round for several months. This was dropped at the very end of the round, where WP joined Fury to attack Legion, however this was done so late that it had little effect really.

Rnd4 VeX block emerged victorious and went largely unapposed after this. Legion decided to have a slight scuffle with former block member NoS, but nobody bothered touching Xanadu much, letting them sail to a comfortable "round win".

Rnd5 Fury+Legion and their over-the-top block got an early overpowering win, and then they proceeded to drop ties to Ely/WPO and roid them silly, meaning no meaningful combat was ever fought between the two major alliances vying for round win.

Rnd7 Largely a repeat of rnd5, this time Fury+Legion turned on FAnG and Titans instead of fighting for round win.

Anyway, you get the point, this is hardly a first in the sense you are trying to claim it. On the other hand, I think this one makes a lot more sense than the ones I mentioned, as Apprime rather deserved it, where as alliances like Ely, WPO, FAnG and Titans certainly didn't deserve the treatment they got.
Unread 6 May 2010, 12:16   #273
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
Now see, your problem here mr. Hanzi-come-lately, is that you don't know your history.

Rnd3 was dominated by a, often hated, NAP between Fury and Legion, which basically stagnated the round for several months. This was dropped at the very end of the round, where WP joined Fury to attack Legion, however this was done so late that it had little effect really.

Rnd4 VeX block emerged victorious and went largely unapposed after this. Legion decided to have a slight scuffle with former block member NoS, but nobody bothered touching Xanadu much, letting them sail to a comfortable "round win".

Rnd5 Fury+Legion and their over-the-top block got an early overpowering win, and then they proceeded to drop ties to Ely/WPO and roid them silly, meaning no meaningful combat was ever fought between the two major alliances vying for round win.

Rnd7 Largely a repeat of rnd5, this time Fury+Legion turned on FAnG and Titans instead of fighting for round win.

Anyway, you get the point, this is hardly a first in the sense you are trying to claim it. On the other hand, I think this one makes a lot more sense than the ones I mentioned, as Apprime rather deserved it, where as alliances like Ely, WPO, FAnG and Titans certainly didn't deserve the treatment they got.
Mind you that Fury never turned on FAnG in round 7. It were Legion and Virus who wanted FAnG killed so badly while Fury wanted to make an end to Titans. After alot of pressure from Legion, they decided to let them and Virus attack FAnG so they could attack Titans.

So yes, they didn't drop us but they didn't turned against us. In a way, I can understand Fury's actions as the block already won the round and they were the lead alliance in the block. They didn't want to risk having Legion and Virus ruining that party and therefor agreed to this deal. Shame as we, FAnG, could have ended 2nd instead of 4th hehe.

FA Gaming community

Unread 6 May 2010, 14:39   #274
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
JESUS ****ING CHRIST MAN STOP SOUNDING LIKE A BROKEN RECORD OK YOU WERE WRONGED BY A (now retired) MULTIHUNTER 20 ROUNDS AGO MAYBE IT'S TIME TO QUIT BITCHING ABOUT IT IN EVERY ****ING POST YOU MAKE
Despite your caps lock, it's a very valid point. There's no reason to expect that the rules enforcement would remain the same through rounds, or that it even should.

Quote:
Announcing it is the problem you idiot
Obviously, since it makes it impossible to contest it (to claim it wasn't). If you don't announce you're donating someone a free farm, you've not done anything yet despite any potential intent.

Quote:
Every round as far as i can remember, there has been made loose co-operations, or firm blocks, in order to make the fight for #1 a bit balanced
The problem here is, that the metagame in Planetarion consists of players doing choices with other players and rules enforcement hasn't gone far enough to engage in such activity. A "fair fight for #1" or "balanced wars" as such are by definition going to be very uncommon because it's unlikely the sides are aiming for a fair fight. In fact, odds are, if you want to win a round, you do best by making the fight as unfair to your potential competition as possible. This is why politics and blocks play a large role, and the eradicate that role would require colossal changes somewhere, be that the game itself or some anti-trust regulation (which would already be quite hilarious).

Last edited by Tietäjä; 6 May 2010 at 14:44.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2010, 15:44   #275
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post

I claimed it was a change. I am fully aware of that blocks have existed, and that at some time of its existanse they bashed a smaller alliance. ****ing of course. This is however not remotely comparable to this round, where we had no blocks all round. Noone seemed interested in even challenging the dominating alliance, but when some buhu bigshot leaders felt that a smaller alliance squeezed their balls a bit more then they can handle without their moms holding their hand, THEN they make a big bad block of testosterone, a gang of inbreds so tough, they would make arnold and his buddies look like fairies *. This is perhaps not a big change, but they certainly took it to a whole new level.

To you, my only advice is to read the damn posts, and stop trying to get into your funnypants every time you think you see a chance to kick someone in their balls.

Therapy session over, that will be a dollar ninetyfive.
* Note to self, breath

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 6 May 2010 at 16:20.
Unread 6 May 2010, 16:21   #276
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
they certainly took it to a whole new level.
No. Read Tzu's post.
Unread 6 May 2010, 17:02   #277
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

x-dANGEr is infamous around these parts

I just can't understand what are you arguing about. Apprime has in a way forced all that to happen, and they somewhat "admit" it. What is the disputed point here?

If you can comfort a tear, do so, but never agrieve someone innocent.
x-dANGEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2010, 17:49   #278
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

I explained why i think its a sad change in planetarion history. that should be the end of it, dont bother to argue on it. There was a change compared to the 5 previous rounds, i think it was sad.
Unread 6 May 2010, 17:55   #279
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but........ you're wrong :|
Unread 6 May 2010, 18:30   #280
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
I explained why i think its a sad change in planetarion history. that should be the end of it, dont bother to argue on it. There was a change compared to the 5 previous rounds, i think it was sad.
dont post then, if you don't want to argue about it.
Unread 6 May 2010, 21:50   #281
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

You cant argue on a subjective opinion like the one i stated, i also told you why i think its a change, and why its a sad change. I cant be wrong even if 6,5 billion people didnt share my opinion. If you seriously think its possible to argue on it, you suck at life. This means, find something in the thread you CAN argue about.
Unread 6 May 2010, 22:01   #282
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
You cant argue on a subjective opinion like the one i stated, i also told you why i think its a change, and why its a sad change. I cant be wrong even if 6,5 billion people didnt share my opinion. If you seriously think its possible to argue on it, you suck at life. This means, find something in the thread you CAN argue about.
Oh god. Please stop.
Unread 6 May 2010, 22:06   #283
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

Quote:
You are sad because the whole universe ganged on a smaller alliance, in no way competing for the #1 spot, and if I got you right, because #1 and #2 were napped.
Quote:
But you as an alliance, being as ruthless as you made sure to point out every other post, must have done the same; attack relentlessly, if some alliance trash-talked you, or targeted a planet of high value to you.

And anyhow, I find it weird that you feel sad about it. I thought you'd be more excited about having to fight outnumbered, and thus be challenged, rather than fighting an easy battle. Which sure should be the case if you're as ballsy as you claim to be.

It is ironic, though, how the round always turns out bad to some. It's either too easy, or too unfair. Maybe the universe should be split into two teams, say a Red team and a Blue team, with even numbers and a fair distribution of known skilled individuals to have a round that wouldn't end being either too easy, unfair, or plain sad.

I'm only trying to say, and I hope I managed to express that albeit faintly, that it's just not supposed to be sad, unfair or easy.. It should be fun. Else, you're wasting your time.

Unread 6 May 2010, 22:19   #284
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
When you make statements about the nature of reality, such as the comparative one(s) you have made in this thread, then it is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of facts, and you do not get to pick your own facts.

As far as your subjective opinions go, I'm fairly confident in stating that those matter to you alone. The rest of us have our own, and hearing you scream yours at the top of your lungs adds nothing to our day.
Unread 6 May 2010, 23:21   #285
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

How can someone win if winning means that someone loses?
Unread 7 May 2010, 00:03   #286
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
How can someone win if winning means that someone loses?
In Hanzi's world, as in the special olympics, we're all winners.
Unread 7 May 2010, 09:00   #287
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

You sound like a little girl who thinks she's been misstreated.
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2010, 09:06   #288
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Oh god. Please stop.
No, by all means ... this is fun :-)

"Hey, I'm not feeling well, it's subjective so you all can't argue about it. But I'm gonna post about it anyway".

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-dANGEr View Post
Maybe the universe should be split into two teams, say a Red team and a Blue team, with even numbers and a fair distribution of known skilled individuals to have a round that wouldn't end being either too easy, unfair, or plain
Can I be in the Blue team?

FA Gaming community

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 7 May 2010 at 09:12. Reason: merge
Unread 7 May 2010, 09:47   #289
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

Quote:
Can I be in the Blue team?
I guess, but that would be less fun than swapping between teams every handful of ticks, till it's forbidden at least ))

Unread 7 May 2010, 09:55   #290
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I guess, but that would be less fun than swapping between teams every handful of ticks, till it's forbidden at least ))
Or we could form a 'secret' yellow team and gang up with the blue team against the red team and then in the end backstab the blue team and win the round.

Ohh wait, that has been done so many times before already ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 7 May 2010, 10:30   #291
x-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Takion Champion

Or we could make it a 'lazy' yellow team and just slide into victory through actually reading some formulas..!

Same problem though, has been done so many times before.. ((

P.S. I'm genuinely sorry if you feel annoyed because you think I'm being off-topic here.

Unread 7 May 2010, 10:52   #292
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Or we could make it a 'lazy' yellow team and just slide into victory through actually reading some formulas..!

Same problem though, has been done so many times before.. ((

P.S. I'm genuinely sorry if you feel annoyed because you think I'm being off-topic here.
I'm not really sorry for going off topic. I've done that for years non stop on this forum. It'd be hypocrite of me to suddenly start caring

FA Gaming community

Unread 13 May 2010, 10:33   #293
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Every alliance when faced with overwhelming incs, have to make priorities. Since Denial in round 27, Apprime and Ascendancy are the only ones who had to make these decissions over a long period of time. Real DCing is when you know its impossible to cover it all, a rare and valueable experience. Although this is the first time we publically announce that we are open, we have practiced this before.

So jonny:
If you say you have not practiced this, then you are perhaps right that you didnt do it in the same scale, but if you scale it down, you have. Since i was in your gal r30, lets use that as an example. We let alliances like ASS etc land on us because they were no competition for us. You did most of the DCing this round, but I am very sure about what i am saying right now. In theory this is much the same. When facing overwhelming incs, let alliances who you dont regard as your competition, land on your planets, in order to achieve your long term goals. If Apprime had the slightest chance to cover ND incs, we would do it, but not at the cost of letting Vision land on us. I agree that it was a tad dodgy to publically announce it, but it was done for a reason.

In a discussion with Cardinal, he told me everyone was turning on them. We thought it would be funny to make a public announcement, this one. Since cardi is banned, i did the posting!
With some discussions from Apprimes channel in the back of my head, i started thinking about if Apprime could actually turn this around and win. After some thinking, i decided to break it down to a few basic steps that had to be completed:

- Break the block fast in order to be able to cover 100% of our incs.
- Make vision and ND turn on eachother
- Recruit players from competing alliances, and keep them out of tag
- Be everything Apprime is capable of being and accelerate to #1

With this, i did my best to write a thread that could help us achieve these goals. Chances were incredibly slim though, but Apprime is a fighting alliance and we have worked against the odds before. No need to say we also needed a good portion of luck on this one!

It failed though, and my comrades in Apprime are now just relaxing, roiding some top planets and enjoying the round.

I want to point out that i have done nothing this round. I have not contributed with anything at all, not even a planet. School has been my first priority and I was merely a tool for posting this thread. All credits to Apprimes members. If Apprime had been fighting for #1 now, it would not be because of my post. I was just a tool for posting this, and although i wrote it with my personal touch, all the real work would have to be done by Apprimes members and especially Cardinal.
Sometimes I wonder if you people ever learn anything, don't play junior league tactics vs the pro's. I admit I had to convince few people to get a ND "bloodlust" vs apprime replies to this topic just incase someone actually believed we had a chance of winning vs vsn and that there would be any chance of us changing targetting.

Some actually in apprime though we where serious.. if the gap would have gone down to 5mil score sure.. we would have switched targetting, but anyone with some brains could see it wasn't going to come that close ever not to mention the VSN/APP joint galaxies where fenced to hell still. So we just played the let's roid apprime train to get some roids and get some success morale boost to our members, it wasn't up to us anyways defeat vsn as we weren't in position to take them down anymore.. early round without apprime deffing them ingal sure we could have dropped them or atleast been balanced until mid round but we would have lost in end round due to our fort galaxies.

Might work next round this kinda of newb tactics like the ones what involved pm:ing people that x is trying to hit them, we'll help you against x etc when x wasn't even going to hit you a'la cardi politics.

I won't be babysitting nor I cba to advice any people who just keep making mistakes even after the advisor is proven right every damn time. Would have betted on ND winning the round if we would not have had those fortress galaxies, rounds are short.. so numbers do matter. Might play a planet some round but under a fake nick completely, cba to play rounds where all go ape shit when I start out roiding them in top10 and hitting top30 players as no-one else does it. Don't like this, let's avoid fights to finish in top10 mentality what's for loosers, I can understand it in RL but in games.. geez.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so

Last edited by LordNieminen; 13 May 2010 at 10:39.
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2010, 16:48   #294
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
The Ministry: Even if we lose, we win.
Then again... Even if you win, you lose

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2010, 16:55   #295
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Quote:
Might play a planet some round but under a fake nick completely, cba to play rounds where all go ape shit when I start out roiding them in top10 and hitting top30 players as no-one else does it. Don't like this, let's avoid fights to finish in top10 mentality what's for loosers, I can understand it in RL but in games.. geez.
Yes you outroided everyone, only hit t30 planets and even made friends in the process! Best to do the same with a fakenick cause that will mke sure you wont get roided. :crymeariver: