User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 10 Jun 2009, 00:54   #51
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Round 32 Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
If the idea of smaller tags doesnt sit well with the people looking at the graph, then they also would see that the alliance limit is not needed.
Totally agreeing there. It's a limit that's not going to help anyone. It's been brought in to make "tags" comparable. Clearly that's not a way to do it. Basing a tag ranking on average score for example might be far more worthwhile, if it is counted properly. Maybe tag score cannot be expressed in terms of value and xp. Maybe there should just be a collection of different stats and then allow some sort of meta score for tags. We could go on about this for a very long time and we'd probably find flaws in every area. Then again that meta score just handed me an idea, let's see if I can write it down!
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 01:31   #52
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Any method of measuring performance is arbitrarily, however once it is established, that will be the method we will play by and more importantly, that will be the objective played, instead of the deeper thought behind the measurement system.

You could do, instead of AVG(Tag. Score) do Total_Tag_Score/#players^2. With a minimum of 15 people playing.

Or do Total_Tag_Score/St.Dev(Tag_Score) or ....

you extrapolate the data as if each alliance has a thousand members and then you get the 99% confidence interval of actual alliance tag score, using the ingame alliance score as a n-sized sample. And then you only win when your actual tag is bigger with a 99% confidence then any other tag ....
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 01:54   #53
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

or suppress the alliances ranking... problem solved.
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 02:13   #54
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

shame out of tag deffing wasnt to be banned for r32.
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 08:36   #55
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
or suppress the alliances ranking... problem solved.
Yeah, except that people would just use their intel to determine how much score each alliance has.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 13:40   #56
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Why do the team keep making changes that make me wanna play less

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 15:09   #57
williams

williams is an unknown quantity at this point

Weeee Terran XP FR Crash Fleet Am gonna own
williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2009, 14:47   #58
Ronin
Legionaire

Ronin will become famous soon enoughRonin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel View Post
Why do the team keep making changes that make me wanna play less
amen

Round 3 - 8 (Legion)
Round 9 - 10.5 (Nos/FanG)
Round 22 - 23 (Jenova)
Round 24 - 28 (CT HC)
Round 31 (DLR)
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2009, 18:54   #59
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Christ. Attacking bigger planets is already giving you a good xp boost, this is such a huge increase to that its a joke. And in turn you make it harder for the people roided to gain it back. Maybe you should add a modifier that means you get more roidcap if your value rank is much higher than your size rank? Honestly, this suggestion is just as stupid as the one posted in the start of the thread.

I'm not someone that's low on XP normally or ever, but this is the wrong way to change stuff regardless of the aim. Does anyone actually want planet rankings where not getting inc is an even more important part than it is now?
Because that's what it is, a top planet losing a few waves at max cap has NO WAY to recover, regardless of activity. All he can do is wait for his value to drop, so he can attack others for decent xp/roid gain again.

On top of that, everyone will end up playing emp since certain races (mainly zik and terran) just cannot roid an equal value planet from another race but are easily roided for 30% by others. With the right kind of stats, maybe, just maybe it could work, but it would again require stats that took this into account (this round had stats that failed to adjust to alot lower salvage). Making a change like this before stats are final is just a kiss of death to the whole game.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 06:45   #60
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

I gues the idea is to make round winners to be lucky of not being hit instead of active..

Might increase cr/bs usage.. depending on stats, but otherwise heh, Would not want to waste my gaming time when one raid can drop you out completely.. before it was one crash.. now it's one or two succesful waves on your planet what are ridiculously easy already to do due to ship targettings in stats.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2009, 09:59   #61
world

world is an unknown quantity at this point

I was new again this round so am technically still a noob, but been reading other peoples posts, remember you're trying to attract new players not kill off old players, people have to be able to aim at a high ranking otherwise the game is intensively boring, remember that. If need be have a longer period inbetween rounds if it means the difference between cocked up stats and a playable game in the end. Please don't send the game to a Euthanasia clinic in Switzerland to be retired peacefully.
world is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2009, 13:51   #62
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

1 - If the problem is xp whoring, take xp away. Then smaller planets can roid larger ones but the point then is to help them get roids to increase value at a faster rate, and make it harder for a top player to be a top player. Only problem here is xp whoring which increases core but not value and keeps suiciding low value for high xp caps.

2 - Another solution would to make xp incremental, if you have 10,000 xp then you would gain less xp per roid then someone with 500 xp.

3 - Or you could do what cut xp down a bit before and do it based on score and value, since xp whores gain score ut constantly have low value, their attacks will become less whorish possibly preventing it from being a "pure" tactic, involving xp as a small score factor, and still encouraging at least some value while encouraging eple to ht larger or equal sized targets.
Unread 22 Jun 2009, 13:56   #63
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

1. It's not.
2. XP = score, score is in the XP formula.
3. It is.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 03:49   #64
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

lol.

I ve been to Capri / napoli for 9 days now. I get home, have been settled to a bp, and check the stats. I spend my regular 5mins to do so!

GOD! if I had known about this change, I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever play this round.

**** YOU APPOCOMASTER!

and now, my bp claims I m forced to play, and not allowed to quit. god.
worst change in a long time. sigh. You guys are doing a great job at killing pa!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 03:58   #65
Wouter

Wouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really niceWouter is just really nice

Mmm why make such rules...
Everyone starts the same, why disable the players that actually put more time in then the "noobs"? You are punishing your dedicated players to satisfy people that actually dont give a crap? Come on this is the most retarded rule ever.. sadly enough i didnt hear about this rule BEFORE someone paid a credit for me.
Why not just close the game for people who ended too high in the past! So the noobs can finish up higher!!!
Wouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2009, 19:14   #66
Ronin
Legionaire

Ronin will become famous soon enoughRonin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
Why not just close the game for people who ended too high in the past! So the noobs can finish up higher!!!
Thats up for round 33. No worries!

Round 3 - 8 (Legion)
Round 9 - 10.5 (Nos/FanG)
Round 22 - 23 (Jenova)
Round 24 - 28 (CT HC)
Round 31 (DLR)
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2009, 06:43   #67
stefcn

stefcn is on a distinguished road

i think most people (including me) attack people who are smaller to try and increase the chance of landing and getting easier roids.
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 01:26   #68
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
amen
looks like you can't hide prod whilst roiding newbies anymore, sux to be you.
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 01:36   #69
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcn View Post
i think most people (including me) attack people who are smaller to try and increase the chance of landing and getting easier roids.
Yes, and big planets often get big by attacking small planets as they are almost definitely going to get through. This makes small planets "good" targets, and they end up getting bashed. Elviz hasn't won 4 rounds by attacking big planets man.
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 03:00   #70
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

3 fleeting on nub targets ftw!

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 17:11   #71
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Intuitively, think of it as "ship orders start off as counting towards value the same as resources, and they increase until they end up counting the same as complete ships".
I just spent ~3 mil res and dropped ~15-20k value, which shouldn't happen according to your explanation.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 17:26   #72
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Wasn't there some talk of value being added according to the progress of the production....... starting at 0 when the order is first placed and steadily increasing towards 100% as the ships approach completion?

Although it would have made more sense to start at the value of the resources rather than at 0.

<Edit> Hmmm..... perhaps I should have read the quote from Appoco that you included in your post. In any event, you're right - it's not working that way.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jun 2009, 20:09   #73
morrow

morrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter View Post
Everyone starts the same, why disable the players that actually put more time in then the "noobs"? You are punishing your dedicated players to satisfy people that actually dont give a crap? Come on this is the most retarded rule ever.. sadly enough i didnt hear about this rule BEFORE someone paid a credit for me.
That seems a bit presumptious? How can you be sure those noobs don't give a crap just because they don't voice their opinions as loudly as the "top tier" players here?

Maybe they just get discouraged more and more by being farmed over and over by the players that are dedicate to roid them dry?

Maybe this rule will help them by getting some inc off them and making their landings (if they manage to prevail against the def, which - granted - is up for discussion) more joyful events?
morrow is offline   Reply With Quote