User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 6 Jun 2009, 22:37   #51
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: Worst ever political PA decisions!!!

We were unlucky BlackBull in my cluster was the only top xan/ldk galaxy (though they did drain effectively all of their block's defence), their gc was still ridiculously high ranked all round. Any other cluster, except c2, and we do very well.

Which brings me to c2, that cluster had quite a few t&p galaxies (JC was in one!) - ok t&p wasn't at its greatest in r7, but the few LDK galaxies in that cluster totally owned them and bashed them into smitherenes. Again, they were unlucky that they landed in a cluster with 2 or 3 top LDK galaxies. We were unfortunate to end in a cluster with the 3 best xanadu & co galaxies.

I remember threads on the forums about c2 & c18 being hellholes tbh, I might dig them up for you. But basically, HCs galore in c18 & c2 - all they played for was to bash the enemy in their clusters (laid to awesome irc confrontations brokered by mitre <3), while obviously legion & co didn't make those clusters a high priority... their war was won.

[tbh, r7 was the best thing that ever happened to me! I became friends with Mitre incluster <3]
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 00:08   #52
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wish we could have a universe big enough for clusters the military strategy and extra level of politics would be amazing :o
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 01:12   #53
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
Your so right Munkee, Asc setup is awful, so awful they have won 3 rounds in a row, and in this round when things are clearly **** they are #2 and at least close to xVx.

Ascendancy at its best is when the odds are down, thats the real difference between Ascendancy and any other alliance, they are like family, they might beat each other up some but when the chips are down they come together and rally.
This is from a completly outside view, as i dont really know whats going on inside Asc but...

Ive always thought the Asc setup is that everyone is equal up until that system fails (i.e. noone steps up to DC, or too many people step up and its a spam fest) then you have a reliable core to do the work when necessary.. like JBG (i.e. revert back to the old system, where you have a dedicated DC).

As we've saw this round, if you take out that 'backup' and play with just the Asc system.. then it fails as when sh*t hits the fan, you've got no-one there to sort it out.

In Asc, its clearly not the case that everyone is equal and everyone shares the workload. As the best ever DC system in any alliance, is one where there's one dedicated DC who's online 24/7, not 20 different DC's all the time (and thats what made Asc so strong, was that you had JBG).
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 03:08   #54
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Actually last round we had one or two people from each "core" gal DCing everything for their gals, JBG and Golan would pick up the incs on planets not in core gals with nobody else DCing for them or they'd DC the big calls (quite a few on shazna last round iirc). They also seemed to have everyone's defships memorised and would point people in the right direction if ships were needed (also people generally seem a little reluctant to call for def and being pushed into it a little was always helpful).

The reason Asc this round is a shadow of Asc last round is because the mentality is completely different. Yes, JBG taking a back seat this round has had an effect on that but there are just many many factors that have changed the mentality. A lot of us just don't care as much as last round, we haven't been anywhere near as hard on crashers this round and so instead of everyone being on their toes about EVERYONE's attacks, everything seems to be too relaxed and we keep ****ing up. I could go on...
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 04:43   #55
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
I've been kind of on the outside looking in for this round (like last round). I'm playing but I may as well not have.

I'm been keenly reading these forums over the last few weeks and watching sandmans on a daily basis.

I was wondering what the community would say has been the worst ever political decisions. I think over the past few rounds there have been quite a few that have just handed ASC the round BUT...

I was thinking that the xvx decision a few weeks back must rank amongst the worst ever in PA history.

What do you think?
Asc is happy with the nap. xVx is happy with the nap.
The nap is the best desicion ever for both alliances?
If you are in xVx you should be happy with the win.
If you are in asc you should be happy about not getting bashed anymore and ending at 2nd rank.

Its maybe bad for the universe but thats not asc's or xVx's problem.

The rest of the uni just didnt had the balls to say "break the nap or we all target you".
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 04:44   #56
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Worst political decison is letting Team elviz win the round o//

*We al know who are in that team
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 05:16   #57
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattepis View Post
The rest of the uni just didnt had the balls to say "break the nap or we all target you".
or just didnt care...
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 05:55   #58
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
In Asc, its clearly not the case that everyone is equal and everyone shares the workload. As the best ever DC system in any alliance, is one where there's one dedicated DC who's online 24/7, not 20 different DC's all the time (and thats what made Asc so strong, was that you had JBG).
No. The best DC setup in this day and age of Planetarion is to have a DC per gal that have atleast 3 alliance member in there. The rest will be picked up by whoever "capable" that wants to step-up. Communication is vital i must agree.

The model of hard-coded DC role is like playing russian roulette. You never know when and if they'll either be good (previous round as basis isnt enough), or active (MIA), or burnt-out. Replacing incompetent ones is like playing the next round of russian roulette.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine

Last edited by Cocteau; 7 Jun 2009 at 08:25.
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 10:01   #59
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
This is from a completly outside view, as i dont really know whats going on inside Asc but...
Stopped reading there!
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 10:11   #60
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
As we've saw this round, if you take out that 'backup' and play with just the Asc system.. then it fails as when sh*t hits the fan, you've got no-one there to sort it out.
As awesome as I am I'm not too sure if even I could have stopped us losing roids when being outnumbered over 4:1 with this round's stats set/salvage. I remember seeing quite a few breps where we'd lose roids and they'd just be some random alliance suiciding at 3:1 value loss ratio on us (but obviously we'd lose value as well). Those were the ones that would cost us and it's hard to know what to do differently there.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 12:56   #61
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau View Post
No. The best DC setup in this day and age of Planetarion is to have a DC per gal that have atleast 3 alliance member in there. The rest will be picked up by whoever "capable" that wants to step-up. Communication is vital i must agree.

The model of hard-coded DC role is like playing russian roulette. You never know when and if they'll either be good (previous round as basis isnt enough), or active (MIA), or burnt-out. Replacing incompetent ones is like playing the next round of russian roulette.
So you're saying in alliances where they struggle to get 6-8 DC's? they should then open it up and force everyone to DC? and you dont see the problem with that? especially if no-one knows how capable they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considence View Post
Stopped reading there!
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 13:22   #62
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
As awesome as I am I'm not too sure if even I could have stopped us losing roids when being outnumbered over 4:1 with this round's stats set/salvage.
But without you there is no chance Asc would have won last round! (but to even that argument up, you then have to remove wishmaster from omen I suppose, and the 'best member' from every alliance -> asc might still have won )

We should rename AD from Ascendancy discussions to JBG discussions!
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 13:32   #63
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

VVOMM comes to mind Huge potential, but horrible execution

Waffles!

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 13:47   #64
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:
So you're saying in alliances where they struggle to get 6-8 DC's? they should then open it up and force everyone to DC? and you dont see the problem with that? especially if no-one knows how capable they are.

A group of people will bother forming an alliance with less than 8 dedicated member?

I answered your argument about what's the best DC system by the way.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 13:51   #65
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau View Post
A group of people will bother forming an alliance with less than 8 dedicated member?

I answered your argument about what's the best DC system by the way.
And you're wrong. Best dc system is to have JBG playing for you. Proven by Ascendancy and eXilition (r23?). Failing having someone like JBG (and others, I know that irvine chap used to have a good reputation), your suggested system is possibly the best.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 14:25   #66
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Round 4 - NoS pissing off some serious ammount of people. Xanadu at the end of r4 deciding to go with them instead of Legion.

Round 9: VOMM should have realised that they were totally outgunned and played dead, untill they're opponents started to fight amongst themselfs.

Any round: Appointing BBW as HC.
Any round: Letting members have they're loyalty to BG's, and using the alliance to suck def.
Any round: The comedy known as FaNG/Angels.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 16:20   #67
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
And you're wrong. Best dc system is to have JBG playing for you. Proven by Ascendancy and eXilition (r23?). Failing having someone like JBG (and others, I know that irvine chap used to have a good reputation), your suggested system is possibly the best.
As much as I am sure JBG is a good guy. I've played with him a few times, and im yet to see him being half the player/organizer he is hyped up to be around here..

That said, he could of had rounds off whenever I was playing (perhaps not even by coincidence )

Either way its the people that make the alliance, not just one guy. JBG, random lith guy, Irvine etc may be great and all that.. But if they are surrounded by crap chances are that the outcome just might be crap.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 16:34   #68
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
As much as I am sure JBG is a good guy. I've played with him a few times, and im yet to see him being half the player/organizer he is hyped up to be around here..
Well, when JBG plays hardcore, he dedicates his life to planetarion completely. Having a dc on every night, all night (except maybe saturdays) - and one that is competent - is better than any other system. For example, after a while JBG effectively memorises what everyone in the alliance typically has available for defence.

Wishmaster tried to do that for omen - but he ended up spending his time doing trivial hc shit instead of running defence (or maybe wish just isn't as competent as JBG/irvine/etc).

Of course Asc is a good alliance, and would do well without JBG, but that irish git is what makes them pretty fkin awesome at times.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 16:57   #69
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Well, when JBG plays hardcore, he dedicates his life to planetarion completely. Having a dc on every night, all night (except maybe saturdays) - and one that is competent - is better than any other system. For example, after a while JBG effectively memorises what everyone in the alliance typically has available for defence.
People don't seem to get it. It was never just JBG. Sure, he did a lot of DCing and was great at it, but in the first part of the round I'm sure Stoom did just as much (no, I'm not joking, Stoom was actually helpful), Golan also did loads, and even Cardinal DCed for others when his gal didn't have incs and many others stepped up to do random calls when there was nobody more confident/competent around. Yes, JBG did more than anyone else but he was far from the one man alliance everyone seems to make him out to be.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 17:10   #70
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
We've lost roids on six nights, five of which we were outnumbered four to one. Clearly our defence system is shit without JBG. Want to argue, go look it up on sandmans.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 17:11   #71
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kila
Yeah stoom was awesome till he went on holiday And yes I can say that without even being in asc

But at 6-7am stoom went to work... its like Mitre, also a kickass DC, but he can only do 1-2hrs a morning maximum (if at all) - and while if he does, its really crucial dcing, you'd much rather have a similarly competent DC thats on all night every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSELF
Of course Asc is a good alliance, and would do well without JBG, but that irish git is what makes them pretty fkin awesome at times.
I guess I've also answered lokken's post there too? ;/
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 17:33   #72
lokken
BlueTuba

My point was that it's been largely unaffected. We've not exactly felt 'starved' of defence in any way. What JBG brings to the table is strategic direction and communication in terms of amongst our own players and cooperation with other alliances. And he's very active in making that vision come to fruition. Very few players have this ability. There are a small number in Ascendancy itself, never mind elsewhere.

This round our attacking and defending have been close to normal (which is why our defensive record is so good, why we're able to comfortably out roid everyone else and why we've been able to absolutely lay waste to a few BGs that got ahead of themselves), it's just that it's lacked any kind of purpose and direction. Rounds aren't won by aimless attacking and defending, if you don't go out to win the round you put yourself in massive danger of not doing so - and that's exactly how we've played this round. Then there's a lack of discipline, resilience and keeping your fleet intact; while there are some aspects of leadership, I'd say that's more a recruitment issue in terms of who we keep on and bring in for next round.

I'm pretty sure if JBG had been in charge we'd have gone for a few BGs who were going to be plain unfriendly throughout from the get go, as politically to us they held no value whatsoever, which made them ripe candidates for early elimination from round 31. Once the Ascendancy truck got rolling, it would have been a foregone conclusion after that.

And really by bigging up JBG you're pissing on people like Smasher, Golan and Cardinal who put in a lot of effort last round and deserve every credit as they made a big contribution too. And I'm not having that really.

Last edited by lokken; 7 Jun 2009 at 17:41.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 17:46   #73
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
And really by bigging up JBG you're pissing on people like Smasher, Golan and Cardinal who put in a lot of effort last round and deserve every credit as they made a big contribution too. And I'm not having that really.
They dont post on the forums so when debating it, its easier to just say JBG and get JBG's response; Rather than listing everyone who put in any effort.

I would just say 'The Core' or what i regard as Ascs 'HCs' but then you'd start complaining that Asc has no Core and everyone is equal
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 17:51   #74
newt
Banned

Yeh in my defence too, I started off by saying 'JBG & Golan' and shit ... but its much easier to just type JBG (and he is the main person too. To be honest, no other alliance has a JBG-counterpart. I'm sure most alliances have a Golan type figure who does a hell of a lot of good work [example off the top of my head: adastra]).
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 20:28   #75
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm sure most alliances have a Golan type figure who does a hell of a lot of good work [example off the top of my head: adastra]).

lol, what good has that woman ever done, shes the most divisive, festering pot of emo i know in the game!

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 20:45   #76
newt
Banned

Lets get one thing straight - I am the most emo person in pa! Or I was anyway I've worked hard to obtain my reputation, I won't have people like you take it away from me.

But ok, replace adastra with fuzzy then?
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 21:06   #77
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
This round our attacking and defending have been close to normal (which is why our defensive record is so good, why we're able to comfortably out roid everyone else and why we've been able to absolutely lay waste to a few BGs that got ahead of themselves)
But you COULDN'T lay waste to the BG's, thats why you had to get xVx/Rock help. You outroid everyone (when you get no inc because you've napped xVx and no one else cares to hit you) because your full tag is much more competent attackers than xVx/Rock are, which isn't much of an achievement, really, is it?

Defensively Ascendancy have been so much weaker this round too, in previous rounds I always got the impression of "invincibility" and that has definitely not been around this round even without being massively outnumbered, attacks that shouldn't have landed on Asc planets (compared to previous rounds), have.

You seem to be basing your argument that JBG doesn't = Asc around just his contributions DC'ing, but you know as well as everyone else he was more than just a 24/7 competent DC, I'd go as far as to say he is somewhat talismanic when playing fully for Ascendancy and motivates the alliance towards its goals and without him you definitely wouldn't have won rounds 26 or 30 and only won round 28 where no one else seemed to be playing for the win.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 21:21   #78
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The stats this round make proper defence a lot harder (stats + salvage), this fact makes everybody, including asc, more roidable.
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 21:29   #79
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
The stats this round make proper defence a lot harder (stats + salvage), this fact makes everybody, including asc, more roidable.
and yet you needed xVx/Rock help to roid the BG's?

Not disagreeing with you regarding the stats/salvage but it does work both ways, if your "invicible defence" isn't there, then your attacks should have hit so much harder than they actually did. I guess it didn't help that most of you're bigger planets were too busy solo/nub roiding during the day to hit with you at night, I'm pretty sure JBG had he been around/cared, wouldnt have stood for that kind of nonsense when trying to fight a "war".
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 21:34   #80
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Half to agree with you, but not fully. It is not because JBG is not around, it is just people's attitude this round towards attack disciplin that it is not that effective as you might have expected. You are seeing the symptons, you are blaming the wrong illness though!

So, differential diagnosis, go!*

*IT IS NOT LUPUS!
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 21:55   #81
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
and yet you needed xVx/Rock help to roid the BG's?
wtf u trying to say?
BG's(+ND/VGN) vs Asc went on a week or so and was fairly even, you needed xVx to make a serious impression, so where is the shame that we needed them to turn it around.
No alliance can stand Canute like against the tide, greatness is recognizing this fact and sailing on the tide using it to go where you want to get to... so we changed the direction of the tide by turning xVx. Asc didnt go into this round desperate to win, a fourth is meaningless untill someone else does 3 in a row, we went in wanting an easy round, we simply saw the BGs created a huge gaping power vacuum and filled it speeding to first until the BGs solved the vacuum problem by allying with xVx. We then changed the tides direction after we got a hard time, in order to get what we had aimed for from the start, an easy time.

In light of that is there any surprise defence and attack were sightly more lacklustre?
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 22:18   #82
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
*IT IS NOT LUPUS!
Congratulations its Lupus, you're fired.
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 22:57   #83
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Phraktos letting BBW be HC is the worst decision I can think of.

(or anyone recruiting the guy for that sake)
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 23:03   #84
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Worst political decision from the rounds I've played I believe, is the formation of "Furgion" (Fury + Legion) in round 3 or 4.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2009, 23:12   #85
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
But you COULDN'T lay waste to the BG's, thats why you had to get xVx/Rock help. You outroid everyone (when you get no inc because you've napped xVx and no one else cares to hit you) because your full tag is much more competent attackers than xVx/Rock are, which isn't much of an achievement, really, is it?

Defensively Ascendancy have been so much weaker this round too, in previous rounds I always got the impression of "invincibility" and that has definitely not been around this round even without being massively outnumbered, attacks that shouldn't have landed on Asc planets (compared to previous rounds), have.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=175

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=189

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...&postcount=298

Quote:
You seem to be basing your argument that JBG doesn't = Asc around just his contributions DC'ing, but you know as well as everyone else he was more than just a 24/7 competent DC, I'd go as far as to say he is somewhat talismanic when playing fully for Ascendancy and motivates the alliance towards its goals and without him you definitely wouldn't have won rounds 26 or 30 and only won round 28 where no one else seemed to be playing for the win.
Which part of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
What JBG brings to the table is strategic direction and communication in terms of amongst our own players and cooperation with other alliances. And he's very active in making that vision come to fruition.
Did you not understand?

My simple point is that the level of attacks and defence has not changed much. Our attacks have clearly been effective; we have drastically outroided everyone else, and only suffered reasonably modest losses when wildly outnumbered, as I've described. The whole point is that he brings focus towards winning and yes he can make a difference.

But the discussion was about the quality of our defending, and our defensive record according to the statistics are very very good. We've gained a lot of roids and as I've said, you can gain as many roids as you want, if you don't hurt your enemies they're a waste of time as they are far more difficult to hold. And that is precisely where JBG makes the difference because he doesn't just work out strategies, he implements them. What has been bad is the lack of strategic direction and responsibility, not our poor defensive record.
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 00:46   #86
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
They dont post on the forums so when debating it, its easier to just say JBG and get JBG's response; Rather than listing everyone who put in any effort.

I would just say 'The Core' or what i regard as Ascs 'HCs' but then you'd start complaining that Asc has no Core and everyone is equal
I stopped myself from posting this round since we had so many asc posters last round and hey the good examples should come from the top..

The thing about being a good leader is that you want to inspire others to be the same and have them step up at times, this round no-one has really been activily leading with a long term plan in mind, nor has there been a solid group like last round stepping up when it was needed. Some induviduals have done it at times but its not been great round from an asc pov, I agree. However, we adapted to that by napping xvx and I think most people in asc are happy with the results. Lok did a good job of explaining the other things so no need to go into great lenghts about it again.

As for this topic, it was the worst political decision for the bg's, that's true.

and I miss Krush, easily the best phraktos hc!

(next person to compare me with a female gets fc'ed)

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 18:39   #87
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

JBG becomming moderator and Thems sister not posting more nudepiccies!

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 18:56   #88
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Seriously.
How can it NOT be a bad political move by xvx?
You decide to nap the only contender for #1, and then fail to outroid them / outscore them, and as only other full tag -> you end 2nd.

HOW could xvx really do WORSE than what they did this round?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:16   #89
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
HOW could xvx really do WORSE than what they did this round?
By deciding to play as a BG instead of an alliance.
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:18   #90
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
By deciding to play as a BG instead of an alliance.
why?
ending second is worse than ending 10th.
What did xvx achieve? Whats the difference of playing as a bg or an alliance?
You are saying, that if xvx had 90players, and called themselves a BG, that would have been worse than now?

I DONT GET IT WOMAN!

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:32   #91
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The rankings at the end of the round are really meaningless. This round was won by ascendancy and xvx. Ascendancy and xvx got to do what they wanted and pretty much nobody else did. The fact one or the other has a #1 ranking at the end is really just irrelevant. I personally won't count this as a "victory for ascendancy on its own" or however people would like to phrase it. Ascendancy has't beaten xvx and ascendancy will finish, at most, an utterly insignificant amount ahead of xvx. The reverse applies to xvx as well, albeit to a lesser extent as they could justifiably claim to have fought and defeated ascendancy this round.
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:34   #92
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
The rankings at the end of the round are really meaningless. This round was won by ascendancy and xvx. Ascendancy and xvx got to do what they wanted and pretty much nobody else did. The fact one or the other has a #1 ranking at the end is really just irrelevant. I personally won't count this as a "victory for ascendancy on its own" or however people would like to phrase it. Ascendancy has't beaten xvx and ascendancy will finish, at most, an utterly insignificant amount ahead of xvx. The reverse applies to xvx as well, albeit to a lesser extent as they could justifiably claim to have fought and defeated ascendancy this round.
the rankings at the end of the round are the only thing which matters in current pa setup.

Alliances are hardcoded into the game.
#1 tag wins.

Your post would have made sense like 5 years ago.

Quote:
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:36   #93
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
the rankings at the end of the round are the only thing which matters in current pa setup.

Alliances are hardcoded into the game.
#1 tag wins.

Your post would have made sense like 5 years ago.
I think the alliance rankings are completely ****ing meaningless when they're that/this close. We could have added up total score back in r6 if we wanted to but it would have proven dick nothing.

I actually wrote a few posts on this ages ago regarding how I think picking a best alliance out of a round where final alliance scores are retardedly close is a fairly futile exercise.
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:43   #94
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
I think the alliance rankings are completely ****ing meaningless when they're that/this close. We could have added up total score back in r6 if we wanted to but it would have proven dick nothing.

I actually wrote a few posts on this ages ago regarding how I think picking a best alliance out of a round where final alliance scores are retardedly close is a fairly futile exercise.
xvx managed to somehow not win, when they have had **** all incs compared to asc this round.

That prooves enough to me.

Asc won.

Quote:
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 20:02   #95
Fuzzy

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

dont asc therefore win every round by default as they are the best alliance? :P

Unread 8 Jun 2009, 20:18   #96
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
dont asc therefore win every round by default as they are the best alliance? :P
They are the best alliance untill someone beats them.
That can be either by politics or skills.

xvx were beaten by asc in all aspects of the game this round.

Quote:
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 20:21   #97
Fuzzy

only cause of 'the worst ever political decision' in not only throwing asc a lot of lifejackets but jumping in the water instead of them - with a heavy boulder of fail tied to their ankles \o/

Unread 8 Jun 2009, 20:23   #98
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
only cause of 'the worst ever political decision' in not only throwing asc a lot of lifejackets but jumping in the water instead of them - with a heavy boulder of fail tied to their ankles \o/
Good thing that boulder landed on the BGs eh!
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 20:31   #99
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

wow an AD thread about something entirely different became centred on ascendancy

thats unusual
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 21:15   #100
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
wow an AD thread about something entirely different became centred on ascendancy

thats unusual
an AD thread about xvx decission this round mainly, which then involved asc.

That being said, how can anything PA related be something entirely different?

Quote: