User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Apr 2009, 14:57   #51
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of
Re: R31 rumour thread

The irony is that you're saying that to mz.
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 15:01   #52
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

The irony is the irony used.

All fun though... anyone for a game of pong?
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 18:38   #53
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_posi View Post
destiny is coming back
We've been discussing things in private channel and as a result we decided not to play next round nor the upcoming summer round afterwards. We will be back with a total revamped Destiny in Round 33. Lots of Changes have been made already and its gonna be a great adventure once all related things been discussed and stuff such as tech have been done. So long!

p.s. gief decent ally for next round

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2009, 23:06   #54
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
Did vgn hc not say they would disband vgn if asc won 3 in a row ?
No, they (me) said I won't play next round and won't lead the alliance anymore. Communities can't be disbanded, usually someone steps up and so they did.
No idea what 'bible' you talk about, the vgn ruleset is pretty simple and basically what common sense states anyway (don't attack napped planets, don't defend against own ally, 'no random attacks' probably being the most discussable one), intel is available to everyone via various ways, e.g. irc !whois x:y:z or just paste a JGP or galaxy status to the parser and see the list as a result.
However, I failed, Asc won another round and my members are unhappy for various reasons, quite a few left, some of them even for the dark side. Someone else will take over.
On the other hand all this could just be an excuse for me to finally get reasonable sleeping times again. As the topic is rumours I won't be that specific here.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 00:36   #55
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

story time in #newdawn

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 00:47   #56
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by are
However, I failed, Asc won another round and my members are unhappy for various reasons, quite a few left, some of them even for the dark side. Someone else will take over.
Do you not think that VgN would have had a better round if they had focused more on winning themselves? I'm not saying this was an especially likely scenario but I do think it's preferable to telling your members that you are playing solely to try and make someone else lose. There is little consolation in being mutual losers after all. I think last round could have been made that little bit closer had alliances such as Omen and VgN been a little more savvy and allowed fencers like CT to take the strain at certain times. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and all that.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 02:46   #57
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Rumours speak of a great storm rising from beyond, of a battle of epic scope and scale, yet to be fought in the bleakness of space. Of men and women who've traversed great distances to seek to strike a blow at the might of those whom are of ascendant nature. To seek to rally those who sleep, unite in battle for glory nigh surpassed and tear down the walls of tyranny, to replace tyranny with light and to hold back the shades of night. Walk wearily my friends, dawn is breaking.
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 07:00   #58
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Do you not think that VgN would have had a better round if they had focused more on winning themselves?
Might be. Or if we made an attempt to finish #N.
We are well aware about our members activity and this is why we know we won't win a round unless everyone else drops dead. For the past 26 rounds getting roids from the #1 alliance had been a big part of our politics and strategies, no matter who it was. Recently it has always been the same though.
Bit like formula 1, season ends, Michael Schumacher wins until he quits himself. That's boring and people stop playing/watching because of that.
We don't want to be bored. It is more like a habit atm and I have made it a habit more and more.
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 14:25   #59
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by are View Post
Bit like formula 1, season ends, Michael Schumacher wins until he quits himself. That's boring and people stop playing/watching because of that.
We don't want to be bored. It is more like a habit atm and I have made it a habit more and more.
Bit of a bad analogy since we're playing and not watching, i doubt it was always boring for the other formula 1 teams chasing that elusive #1 spot, but for the general public who see the same thing each season? can get kind of repetitive.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 14:59   #60
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

i heard SPQR are not coming back which is a shame, they was the best noob alliance ever!
Unread 10 Apr 2009, 15:10   #61
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairypalms View Post
i heard SPQR are not coming back which is a shame, they was the best noob alliance ever!
they merged with Dark Warriors many rounds ago and the leaderships kind of fragmented, i don't think they ever got it back, though i did see them a couple of rounds ago try and make something of it

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 12:11   #62
Sonnenbomber
ToT HC

Sonnenbomber is on a distinguished road

Rumours says, I left CT for joining FAnG.
R4 120:25 Cäsar of Roman Empire (p25a)
R5 14:9 Sonnenbomber of Reschis Götterhimmel (ToT Trialmember)
R6 23:14 Häuptling Kaltes Warmes und Fließendes Wasser (ToT BC)
R7 7:12 Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten (ToT HC)
R8 15:1 Gummizofe of Brigade 0 (ToT HC)
R9 16:3 Vicky Vomit of The yoghourt bums around quiet (ToT HC)
R10 13:10 KratzDeinPupsloch of DurchfallImWeltAll (ToT HC)
R11-12 Reallife and other games
Sonnenbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 12:24   #63
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

i predict the easiest roundvictory EVER for asc.

i predict ct and nd napping asc!

and i predict wish and me going inactive around tick 700!
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 13:44   #64
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

tick 700? optimistic.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 17:03   #65
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Can't possibly think any other round winners apart from ascendancy. The alliance is FAR beyond anything else into this game at this point. Not only that, but thx to game creators / stat masters of whom are behind unbelievably insane salvage system, we have 1 force that is way better compared to every1 else out there, enjoying and exploiting the system failures. r30 pretty much was a repeat of the first asc round where they manipulated round win via ridiculous xp. Back then it was about mass XP, today it's about mass salvage. Well I suppose any1 "back from the day" can realise there are some serious flaws in the mechanisms when rounds are won by defensive lines instead of offensive superiority as it once was.

I've never completely grasped all this asc-hype. Alltho the particular group is above standards within the remnants of current PA community, I've seen & been part of groups which do compete / top, the quality seen there.

I'll part my semiactive post-PAX career again for another 10 rounds or so. Maybe, within that time I hope we've a decent game, sensible game creators and hopefully, just hopefully above 1k planets.

-liz

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 17:28   #66
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some guy who played Planetarion against the Axis in 43
Well I suppose any1 "back from the day" can realise there are some serious flaws in the mechanisms when rounds are won by defensive lines instead of offensive superiority as it once was.
*grumble grumble* Things were better in my day *grumble* I remember when the real players could control 14 planets in 7 foot of snow with nought but a xylophone and a cracked twig *grumble*

**** OFF GRANDAD.

However, if you can find your reading glasses this might interest you. Total launches (attack over defence) by the Top3 alliances:

<Appocomaster> 1st place ally
<Appocomaster> | 10703 | 1 |
<Appocomaster> | 7450 | 2 |
<Appocomaster> 2nd place ally
<Appocomaster> | 6235 | 1 |
<Appocomaster> | 5571 | 2 |
<Appocomaster> 3rd place
<Appocomaster> | 7181 | 1 |
<Appocomaster> | 6543 | 2 |
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 17:37   #67
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Heh i couldn't care much less about sum nobodywannabe having a "grumble" day.

I always said and i still stand by the fact asc was the best alliance, best system exploiter and so forth.

Gratz for winning a round.

I'm gonna excuse myself to go feast on eastern. Have a fine day @ pirate.planetarion.com!

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 17:39   #68
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Er liz I think you'll find you're the one bitching on the forums and we're the ones who kicked your ass ingame. Happy Easter!
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 17:47   #69
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

I don't think you read my post but thank you for the ever so gracious congratulations nonetheless. This was (I believe) the eighth alliance win I've participated in (how awesome must I be!) which I think gives me a little perspective on comparing winning alliances from across the years. I suspect if you could get over your bitterness you might realise that alliances way back when weren't these awesome mythological entities you seem to believe they were and that, in fact, Ascendancy (for all it's apparent faults) is one of the best alliances to ever play the game. Don't be such a sore loser old chap, it just re-enforces all those negative Dragons stereotypes after all.
Unread 13 Apr 2009, 22:24   #70
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Happy Easter!
I must have missed this Easter. Can't remember **** all about it.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2009, 22:45   #71
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
*grumble grumble* Things were better in my day *grumble* I remember when the real players could control 14 planets in 7 foot of snow with nought but a xylophone and a cracked twig *grumble*

**** OFF GRANDAD.

However, if you can find your reading glasses this might interest you. Total launches (attack over defence) by the Top3 alliances:

<Appocomaster> 1st place ally
<Appocomaster> | 10703 | 1 |
<Appocomaster> | 7450 | 2 |
<Appocomaster> 2nd place ally
<Appocomaster> | 6235 | 1 |
<Appocomaster> | 5571 | 2 |
<Appocomaster> 3rd place
<Appocomaster> | 7181 | 1 |
<Appocomaster> | 6543 | 2 |
Since your so kind. Please break it down into average by members?
Unread 13 Apr 2009, 22:52   #72
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I suspect that is not really possible as there are things we dont know about how those numbers were arrived at
1, does it include all members in tag or recruits too?
2, does it include launches of a planet that ends up in tag from when he was not in tag (ie could include launching for another alliance)?

if it is simply all launches from all planets that ended in a certain tag then you can get out your calculator and do it yourself

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2009, 22:55   #73
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Also where was DLR in that!!

Unread 14 Apr 2009, 13:25   #74
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Nowhere. You barely had any planets in t20 launchers
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 13:38   #75
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im not able to irc right now but how about you ask appoco about the stat :o
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 14:21   #76
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Also where was DLR in that!!
Code:
Top 100 Launchers
Rank	Planet	X:Y:Z	Launches
1	Skynet 	5:9:7 	490
2	any means necessary 	5:6:6 	302
3	Shinhae 	6:1:5 	289
4	OuZo 	10:5:2 	287
5	Deceptions 	5:6:5 	282
6	A Cereal Killer 	6:1:3 	277
7	The year 	7:6:11 	276
8	Chryssalid 	7:5:10 	273
9	LittleJews 	5:6:9 	273
10	Flashing eyecandy 	2:10:3 	270

11	Projectile Vomit 	6:1:4 	265
12	Æternus Nox 	7:3:11 	264
13	Fools 	8:7:10 	262
14	San Francisco 	8:7:9 	260
15	Duty 	7:5:2 	260
16	Respawned 	7:8:4 	260
17	fable 	2:2:23 	259
18	90000 human heads 	10:4:7 	258
19	DCs 	1:3:6 	254
20	Nothing 	7:6:13 	253
Knock yourself out. More here..
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 14:28   #77
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Nowhere.
not anywhere; in or at or to no place; "I am going nowhere"

Thats interesting because DLR played round 30 and we were refering to r30 alliance launches. So what i pose to you, naive Mr.Kila, is that DLR was indeed somewhere on this list, as it would be impossible for DLR to be "nowhere", therefore you statement, even for you, is just plain stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
You barely had any planets in t20 launchers
Barely any planets in the t20 launchers? So thats implies we had some. and considering we only had 18 members at end of round, lets say for instance we have 3 in the t20 launchers. Thats 17% (rounded up) of DLR's memberbase in the t20. There the would barely really is inappropriate in line you used it in.

Please think before posting Kila.

Unread 14 Apr 2009, 14:28   #78
CBA
Mind-boggling

Thanks jester

Unread 14 Apr 2009, 14:42   #79
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Thanks jester
How many was it?
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 14:46   #80
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

None...
Being pretentious sux CBA
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 14:47   #81
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Gah. Im not sure which is worse. CBA trying to post intelligent, and copy/pasting other peoples lines, or CBA talking gibberish.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 14:51   #82
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

I am a fan of new CBA. I still disagree with him sometimes but not at least now I always understand what he's trying to say. It's a lot better for my e-rage this way.
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 14:58   #83
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
How many was it?
none in top 20 interestingly enough. Although that Skynet shouldn't count in my opinion as it seems he/she just plays for that ranking!! haha

I really should not find out the top 100 at this time, so much work to do. But I will find out later I guess.

Unread 14 Apr 2009, 15:03   #84
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
None...
Being pretentious sux CBA
The problem Kila is that, you didn't know, you just made false assumptions. And I'm not being pretentious. The reason I post the way I do now, isn't really because I've dramatically changed in an attempt to make claim to post intelligent convosation or wanting to impress others. I just dont have as much fun in flaming, being a jerk anymore. So I guess its all to do with maturity, heh, who knows.

Anyways Kila, I find you really irresponsible and immature, just acting a jerk all the time. Therefore I will put you in the same category as JungleMuffin and continuously ignore your responses.

Unread 14 Apr 2009, 18:24   #85
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If we're having a pretentious fest I'm going to see Waiting for Godot in the next month or so.

Otherwise we can drop the argument and get on with the discussion.

Cheers.
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 19:20   #86
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So thats implies we had some. and considering we only had 18 members at end of round
who is we? normally when people say 'we,' they're referring to alliances that they're actually in, not alliances they were kicked from before round end

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 19:30   #87
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_posi View Post
who is we? normally when people say 'we,' they're referring to alliances that they're actually in, not alliances they were kicked from before round end
Meh, now you're being pedantic and small-minded. CBA is within his full rights to identify with DLR. CBA was in Ascendancy much shorter than he was in DLR, but he ended the round with us. Does that somehow make him 'more' Ascendancy than DLR? I think not. (This wasn't an argument for the opposite.)

As you may have noticed, his point was already debunked (not a single DLR in the top20 launchers). There's no need to get personal just because you were righter than you thought.
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 20:47   #88
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Meh, now you're being pedantic and small-minded. CBA is within his full rights to identify with DLR. CBA was in Ascendancy much shorter than he was in DLR, but he ended the round with us. Does that somehow make him 'more' Ascendancy than DLR? I think not. (This wasn't an argument for the opposite.)

As you may have noticed, his point was already debunked (not a single DLR in the top20 launchers). There's no need to get personal just because you were righter than you thought.
I think the point is that he's referring to DLR's low member count, identifying himself with them and then not counting himself when he makes a point about the low member count...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
The problem Kila is that, you didn't know, you just made false assumptions.
You call them false assumptions but they're pretty accurate? (also not assumptions but whatever floats your boat man)

Anyway, back to round 31 rumours. I hear that Fang are aiming to survive until pt 649, just to shit on Ascendancy's parade.

Who is actually likely to be competing? From what I've heard both CT and ND have lost a chunk of their players and Omen aren't around. We're all expecting two of these BGs playing seperately to merge and go for #1 at some point, Ascendancy will be playing for the win again (maybe not to the same capacity of last round but still competing), and then there are Angels...
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 20:55   #89
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

there are going to be 500 little BG's that are going to get farmed to oblivion from t300 and either disband and crawl back to their old allies, or merge into eachother to form one big mediocre tag of shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2009, 21:44   #90
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Anyone able to name the alliances/BG's playing for sure next round?
Just wondering how many of them are there.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 00:20   #91
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

hmm, from what I know so far.

smal allies playing next round

WAFHH
DLR
Venoxs project
thekings project

any other projects with less than 30-40 members around for next round I forgot about, or not heard about? probably!

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 00:39   #92
_Kila_
break it down!

Killerbee has a "project", as does Kenny apparently.

You guys do realise that the only reason DLR managed to do so well this round was because of the political climate and shit? With everyone joining these "leet bg"s the big allies will just be able to bully them as there won't be as vigorous a fight for #1 ally...
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 00:52   #93
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Killerbee has a "project", as does Kenny apparently.

You guys do realise that the only reason DLR managed to do so well this round was because of the political climate and shit? With everyone joining these "leet bg"s the big allies will just be able to bully them as there won't be as vigorous a fight for #1 ally...
killerbee also? didnt know! and ye, I knew about kennys effort also, forgot about it.

did DLR do well? didnt get top planet, or top gal. Didnt get top avg score ( afaik ). How do u define if a smal ally do well anyway? DLR had little impact last round, as they decided to stay out most of the round.
I also believe all are competent enough to know that DLR got the roids they did because there was war 24/7 last round.

Quote:
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 02:01   #94
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
WAFHH
DLR
Venoxs project
thekings project
Thats right, its MINE. See guys, I told you we might aswell name it VenoX's Fan Club.

Quote:
You guys do realise that the only reason DLR managed to do so well this round was because of the political climate and shit?
Yes.
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 02:08   #95
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Who else is involved then venox!
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 02:10   #96
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Who else is involved then venox!
Does it matter? I'm the only one that's important!
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 02:11   #97
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

killerbee's project is top secret, Kila; you're not supposed to tell people Also from what I last heard, the KB Projekt isn't going to be as big as the likes of DLR... so leave them alone

Also, I abandoned my idea for a BG shortly after deciding to run one. Coming up with ideas is one thing - having the patience/motivation to see them through is another.

Also I concurr with the vulnerability that BGs are going to be under. Personally, I think that all these BGs should keep an open line of communication at all times. Like #alliances... but #battlegroups or something of equal originality.

At the end of the day, if you have all the BGs working together; EVEN if they managed to get up to 180 people - they'd have enough fleets to attack the likes of Asc, but still be f*cked when it came to def.

BGs are a great idea and they seem to be attracting the right kind of mentality that people should be applying to the game... but without the defensive benefits of a full tag I don't forsee them doing as well as DLR did last round. If you had 3 BGs of 30 playing under one tag, THAT would be a tag capable of winning.

But that's never going to happen as there'd be too much bickering over power/control of the tag... BGs falling out with each other and quitting... I personally would like to see the round length reduced to 6 weeks, as it's not like there's going to be any other winner than Ascendancy this round.

Lets just get R31 over and done with, shall we?
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 02:13   #98
Centronic

Centronic has a spectacular aura aboutCentronic has a spectacular aura about

I doubt there is any alliance big enough for venoxs ego!
So he is clearly playing solo, in his little bg or whatever it is.
Centronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 07:19   #99
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Did DLR not defend? Because if they did, then they weren't a BG but simply a small alliance. Which is pretty much what expect these new groups to be.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 08:36   #100
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post

BGs are a great idea and they seem to be attracting the right kind of mentality that people should be applying to the game... but without the defensive benefits of a full tag I don't forsee them doing as well as DLR did last round. If you had 3 BGs of 30 playing under one tag, THAT would be a tag capable of winning.
Even in a full tag, BG's are a burden in some aspects. Particularly if they start getting snooty about the rest of the tag and decide to defend only people in the BG, as opposed to their other alliance mates.

All this BG behaviour shows is that either people aren't running alliances well, or the people involved aren't really capable of running one.