User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 16:59   #201
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: hirr politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Yes, lots of people. Just not recently for some reason.
any idea how it was proved that any of those people closed asked for the donations?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 17:00   #202
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Somewhat of the same thing happened in R27. Stuhl was the current top planet in score, so a bunch of people suicided on him during the day. The first MH I spoke to (I believe it was Ace) said that it was perfectly legit, unless they could prove that it was agreed on by both parts. Fiery on the other hand said that fleets would be recalled and salvage stripped.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 17:02   #203
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

you dont need legit proof light, frankly MH do exactly as they please, certainly no 'innocent till proved guilty' burden.

2 rds ago i was nearly closed because an ally i was a member of in a previous round attacked me and landed before a nd/tgv/asc gangbang and i went 3 fleet attacking instead of trying to stop 1 out of many many waves. no proof of anything, no logs no pa mails but that didnt seem to matter.

i think by virtue of it happening so close to the end of rd, both elviz and eksero are safe.

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 17:04   #204
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Somewhat of the same thing happened in R27. Stuhl was the current top planet in score, so a bunch of people suicided on him during the day. The first MH I spoke to (I believe it was Ace) said that it was perfectly legit, unless they could prove that it was agreed on by both parts. Fiery on the other hand said that fleets would be recalled and salvage stripped.
Stuhl got closed this round for farming
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 17:05   #205
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Stuhl got closed this round for farming
Yeah, that has nothing to do with what I said.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 17:12   #206
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Yeah, that has nothing to do with what I said.
Yeah, it was originally going to be a flame against the Multihunters but decided against it.
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 17:57   #207
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Like with kb's example which was already mentioned in this thread, people get away with very obvious farming incidences by claiming innocence and ignorance. You know what, I'm pretty sure I'd cover vs 3 pod only waves even if I had tons of pl's, any decent player would. As soon as these minor cases were let through unpunished, the playing room for making things legit is ever expanding, to the point where today its basicly impossible to prove anything unless the people doing it are downright stupid.

There was some omen/lith etd who quit earlier this round, he got farmed to the ground by the same people he had previously defended/attacked with. And if a planet truely quits, why shouldn't it be free for all to attack? I don't see any way to make rules which are 100% clear and if you leave it up to the mh's to jugde case by case it will undeniably lead to inconsistencies..

This is the worst round by far I've seen when it comes to cheating.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 18:31   #208
Bloodhands
Drunken Lemming

Bloodhands is an unknown quantity at this point

So... I don't quite understand here as this was my first Lemming Run in PA. I joined this round as hirr from the start and it was well known that we would be running from the announcement that hirr was coming back for the last round of PA (which ended up not being the last round and making many of our members leave out of spite.)

We debated a target a month ago, then decided no. You guys started bitching about how one person could have a billion in resources in production and hirr took a shine to that. The only thing that remained was the time.

Why, from the start of the round and seeing hirr coming back and with all the good lucks on the Lemming Run at the start of the round, is everyone whining about us doing what we always do when it was well known from round start that we would do it?

Also, I gained a ton of XP =D
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 19:23   #209
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhands View Post
coming back and with all the good lucks on the Lemming Run at the start of the round, is everyone whining about us doing what we always do when it was well known from round start that we would do it?
because a lot of people put a LOT of time into this 10 week round and youve ultimately handed the win to someone on the 2nd last day with a HUGE salvage donation knowing the consequences before you landed?
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 19:24   #210
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

People are unhappy with it because it distorts the planet ranks and effectively donates score to the planet you're attacking unless their alliance can't cover it (which, judging by the size of planets you guys choose, won't happen)
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 19:29   #211
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Elviz has now received sufficient donations to retake his lead.
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 19:34   #212
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

justice perhaps but also sad the round had to descend into this questionable 'crash'/'salvage'/'donation' shambles
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 19:34   #213
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't wish to piss on people's fire here, but the reality of top planet is that it has more often than not been a lottery once you get to the top 5. It all depends on what alliance you're in, how much inc you get and ultimately, how much you individually benefit from crashes at your place. It has always been this way.

Obviously I don't endorse donations but it has always been this way and probably always will be because this kind of shit is pretty difficult to enforce.
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 20:50   #214
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Dear sweet pretty lokken can you close this thread already?

Let people start another thread that deals with farming/rules/mh's/donations/etc if they so desperatly want to discuss it? Last i checked this thread was a lighthearted thread called "hirr politics", it had the intentions to through out the round be our only way of playing politics.

It derailed on page 2, i think it deserves lock for offtopic.

Please? with sugar on top?
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 21:19   #215
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not opposed to closing this thread, but I think that as it all stems from a hirr attack on a planet that people see as competing with ascendancy, it's very much political. So I don't think I should.
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 21:28   #216
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

We threw a god damn dice on what target to pick, there was no politics involved. If some people are thick headed enough to actually think we picked him for this or that reason thats not our fault.

This thread hasnt been about our politics since page 2.
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 21:30   #217
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult View Post
We threw a god damn dice on what target to pick, there was no politics involved. If some people are thick headed enough to actually think we picked him for this or that reason thats not our fault.

This thread hasnt been about our politics since page 2.
I'm aware of this fact but unfortunately I don't exist to stop stupidity. I just moderate.
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 21:36   #218
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

It's gone off topic isnt that enough?
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 21:42   #219
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult View Post
It's gone off topic isnt that enough?
It's certainly shat up the thread. Whether it's off topic pretty much depends on who you are. But anyway:

"Life's unfair, deal with it".