User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 23 Mar 2009, 13:31   #51
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
You know youve beaten JBG when the only weapon left in his arsenal is +troll. Thankyou for such an entertaining thread.

I dont quite understand all these suggestions that CT just sit off to the side and let ND/Asc duke it out. Are you seriously claiming that ND has even the slightest chance of surviving a week against Asc? Do you think its better for CT to let Asc slaughter ND, destroy any will they have for a fight, and then take Asc on solo afterwards? ND will last 3 days of concentrated action at best, while Asc have shown, that they can survive, if not flourish, under the same (or worse) circumstances. It would be folly to not take ur biggest rival out first.

Its not just that CT have to stop Asc in order to win the round, they have to gain score themselves. That will come from a large amount of lands on high roid, high value targets. Hello Asc.

Asc used a block to take out CT, and put themselves into this position. By claiming the strongest alliance needed to be taken out NOW, as they did with CT, theyve set a precedent for how to go about attacking the Alpha ally. As we saw with CT, attacking the strong ally NOW, is the most effective way of increasing your chances of victory.

The big planets are evenly distributed, so that point is moot (Ascendancy 20, NewDawn 20, Conspiracy Theory 17, Omen 17, Vengeance 5, xVx, 5) With NewDawn having the most score in that.

Also I like how you are downplaing NewDawns capabilities and portray us as gods gift to online spreadsheet wars.

Also I am amused by how you portray Ascendancy taking down Conspiracy Theory. What basically happened is that after Jonny's epic post Ascendocaust stopped with NewDawn backing down. NewDawn then got hillarious incomings from Omen and returned the favour (Omen/VGN basically) resulting in nice e-drama in 7:3 amongst other things. Meanwhile Ascendancy went roiding into Conspiracy Theory heavy galaxies and got out victories. Nowhere was there a block involved in taking them out. Oh, I almost forgot, xVx were waging their own wars with Vengeance which we did not interfere in either.

Unless ofcourse you mean these blocks....
We've been a pretty big fan of those since 1987
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 13:32   #52
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

it makes alot of sense for omen / vgn / ct to attack asc.

Asc will "only" def vs ND incs as they is their contender for #1.

Anyone NOT attacking asc the next days are not doing what would bring them maximum xp / roid gains.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 14:17   #53
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Also I like how you are downplaing NewDawns capabilities and portray us as gods gift to online spreadsheet wars.
Nobody needs to do that for you, your alliance members have done that enough over the last 15 rounds or so

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 15:01   #54
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You know youve beaten JBG when the only weapon left in his arsenal is +troll. Thankyou for such an entertaining thread.
I'm unsure what you want from us as an acknowledgement. Yes we're good, yeah we're probably better than ND, or any other alliance in the game, 1 on 1, no we're not first, no previous experience does not indicate that we can gain on the number #1 alliance while being hit by a 3+ alliance group. It's not that out there.

PS Wish, ignoring the fact that losing roids to small vgn/ct teamups trying to desperately cover giant ND teamups is likely to have a negative impact on our relative score vis a vis ND by the end of the round surely exactly the same argument would apply to attacking ND?

PPS
Quote:
That will come from a large amount of lands on high roid, high value targets. Hello Asc.
Posts like these are great in how unbelievably far from the truth they are. This round ascendancy has 5 t50 size and value (as in both at the same time) planets. ND has 14.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 23 Mar 2009 at 15:08.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 15:09   #55
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
PPS Posts like these are great in how unbelievably far from the truth they are. This round ascendancy has 5 t50 size and value (as in both at the same time planets). ND has 14.
So a planet has to be t50 in order to be classified as high roids? You can go down as far as 150th and get goid roids on multiple waves. You can go down further and still get good roids.

I take it that other than those 5 planets you speak of, the rest of Asc's high roid planets are all low XP givers? I doubt it. Youve also got the fact of the depth in Asc roids goes alot further than ND.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 15:28   #56
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Top 100 value and size, 13 asc, 16 ND. T200, 25 ND, 31 asc. So yeah, if you got big xp for landing on t200 value+size planets it might be a better idea to hit ascendancy than ND. However that's not how xp works*. To advocate hitting ascendancy ahead of ND based on the criteria cited by you in the post that I quoted given the actual planet rankings is just flat out wrong.

*Just in case you don't actually know how xp works I'll demonstrate below.

<JBG> !xp 3.4.5
<Munin> Target 3:4:5 (7037k|8207k) | Attacker 2:10:9 (5161k|6321k) | Bravery: 13.88 | Roids: 803 | XP: 11141 | Score: 668460
<JBG> !xp 6.1.6
<Munin> Target 6:1:6 (4868k|6478k) | Attacker 2:10:9 (5161k|6321k) | Bravery: 6.95 | Roids: 459 | XP: 3191 | Score: 191460

The first is me hitting an average t50 or so planet, the second is me hitting an average t200 or so planet. Note that despite the fact the first guy has only approximately 40% more score/value you get over 200% more xp score for hitting him than you do for hitting the second guy. You unquestionably get significantly more score from hitting planets ranked at the top 50 or so than you do for taking a similar number of roids off planets with a similar total value in the t200 or so.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 15:32   #57
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Top 100 value and size, 13 asc, 16 ND. T200, 25 ND, 31 asc. So yeah, if you got big xp for landing on t200 value+size planets it might be a better idea to hit ascendancy than ND. However that's not how xp works*. To advocate hitting ascendancy ahead of ND based on the criteria cited by you in the post that I quoted given the actual planet rankings is just flat out wrong.
The reasoning behind hitting Ascendancy first would as much revolve around score + roid maximisation, as it would STOPPING THE ****ING ALLIANCE THAT IS GOING TO EASILY WIN AT THE MOMENT.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 15:36   #58
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
The reasoning behind hitting Ascendancy first would as much revolve around score + roid maximisation, as it would STOPPING THE ****ING ALLIANCE THAT IS GOING TO EASILY WIN AT THE MOMENT.
I'm not denying there are other reasons for hitting ascendancy, I've been informed omen are doing it just because we've fought them almost the entire round and we're just the enemy or whatever. I'm just pointing out that what JM claimed is completely untrue and quite frankly I've read enough complete fabrications to find it worthwhile demonstrating one to be such.

To be honest judging on this tick attacking us probably isn't the best option for some alliances!
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 15:48   #59
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

*Just in case you don't actually know how xp works I'll demonstrate below.

<JBG> !xp 3.4.5
<Munin> Target 3:4:5 (7037k|8207k) | Attacker 2:10:9 (5161k|6321k) | Bravery: 13.88 | Roids: 803 | XP: 11141 | Score: 668460
<JBG> !xp 6.1.6
<Munin> Target 6:1:6 (4868k|6478k) | Attacker 2:10:9 (5161k|6321k) | Bravery: 6.95 | Roids: 459 | XP: 3191 | Score: 191460

The first is me hitting an average t50 or so planet, the second is me hitting an average t200 or so planet. Note that despite the fact the first guy has only approximately 40% more score/value you get over 200% more xp score for hitting him than you do for hitting the second guy. You unquestionably get significantly more score from hitting planets ranked at the top 50 or so than you do for taking a similar number of roids off planets with a similar total value in the t200 or so.
Correct me if im wrong, but i dont think a 5.1mil val planet is a fair comparison to your average CT planet. If youre going to show numbers, dont heavily weigh them in favour of your argument.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 15:58   #60
JonnyBGood
Banned

Sure. The 30th value ranked CT planet (the definition of average if you're going by counted score intag) is 4.3 mil value or so.

<JBG> !xp 6.1.6 CT Planet
<Munin> Target 6:1:6 (4868k|6478k) | Attacker CT Planet (4336k|5347k) | Bravery: 10.34 | Roids: 459 | XP: 4748 | Score: 284880
<JBG> !xp 3.4.5 11.3.9
<Munin> Target 3:4:5 (7037k|8207k) | Attacker CT Planet (4336k|5347k) | Bravery: 20.33 | Roids: 803 | XP: 16324 | Score: 979440

Pretty much exactly the same result to be honest. Over 200% more xp score.

Do not post coords. You know it's against the rules dude - Lok

Last edited by lokken; 23 Mar 2009 at 22:24.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 16:25   #61
[JungleMuffin]

The point im attempting to make is that while ND/Asc t60 roids/val may be reasonably comparable, the depth runs much deeper for Asc, than ND, with regards to XP yeilding planets. As ive said to some people, +300k may not be as much XP as +1mil, but when you have ND/Asc slugging it out at the top, you have 40+ planets ranked 60-120 that arent going to be getting much love with regards to ally def. ND on the other hand, have 60-80.

Its like going into a bar. If everyone is fighting over 1 girl, ur not gonna be getting much action, but if uve got a few more girls about, theres alot more to go around.

Hope that gets my point across, anyways nn Planetarion.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 16:31   #62
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The point im attempting to make is that while ND/Asc t60 roids/val may be reasonably comparable, the depth runs much deeper for Asc, than ND, with regards to XP yeilding planets. As ive said to some people, +300k may not be as much XP as +1mil, but when you have ND/Asc slugging it out at the top, you have 40+ planets ranked 60-120 that arent going to be getting much love with regards to ally def. ND on the other hand, have 60-80.

Its like going into a bar. If everyone is fighting over 1 girl, ur not gonna be getting much action, but if uve got a few more girls about, theres alot more to go around.

Hope that gets my point across, anyways nn Planetarion.

Not to go fully ad hominem here, but if we use your example and your 'guiding light' for not going for the most fit girl, everyone should be going for:

30 Epic Penguins 1896 4 613,360 2,453,443
They are just like the girl you went for. Small and fat.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 18:19   #63
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

I really can't be bothered with the politics discussion on the forums any more. People controlling politics only ever say 'X' on the forums, and everyone else only ever says 'Why?'. It's a boring read because these forums are in such a shocking state that they're almost unrecogniseable as 'discussion boards'.

You guys do realise what the 'D' in 'AD' stands for, right? Nobody comes on here any more with ANY inclination to listen to what anyone else is saying. There's a very disheartening "Here is my point of view, I'll be back later to tell you why your arguments are irrellevent and my point of view sticks" that has made posting on here more effort than it's worth.

Just to be clear - I'm in NewDawn at the moment, and wouldn't mind if they won it. In fact, given the alternatives, I'm all for a NewDawn win. Asc deserve it the most... to disagree would be ignorant (heh)... but that doesn't mean I want them to have it. It's all about being honest and saying "Yeah, you know what, if they win - they'll have f*cking worked hard for it.".

Same should go with the forums. Asc have by far the best posters on the forums (though they also have some total f*cking idiots... Hi cardnial!) and this should at least be acknowledged. Where is the sense in making a post that says "Oh my god - DAT WAS TOTAL PROPERGANDAZ" regardless of what the previous post said. If it was propeganda, do you really think that you're that special only you have the insight needed to expose the post for what it truly is? But lets face it - you probably didn't even read the post in question unless it was to look for something you could semanticate over.

Tommy said to me about a week ago that the PA boards are in a worse state than the PIA boards ever were. Now THEY were bad... and it's only really been since he mentioned that that I realised he was right.

I've pretty much given up posting on the forums now... I'm at nowhere near the same level as I have been previously and it's because I just can't be bothered anymore.

I can no longer find the motivation to get involved in the bitching. I mean, it's not even proper arguing - nobody is willing to admit they may not be entirely correct about something. In fact, the only person who I've seen concede a point on anything this round is JBG. And then everyone was like "omg i told u he was slightly wrong! how amazing are we?".

I can only hope that people dont carry this same level of pure ignorance in to their real lives.

I'll part with this newsflash:

COMMENTING ON ALLIANCE DISCUSSION DOES NOT, HAS NOT, AND WILL NEVER AFFECT THE WAY AN ALLIANCE DOES POLITICS.

Please, start making this a bit more interesting eh?
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 19:23   #64
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

kenny wins post of the day.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 19:30   #65
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Well said kenny
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 20:07   #66
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

CT don't stand much of a chance either way, but I don't believe they have any if they sit out. ND would probably last 3-5 days alone vs Asc. Saying CT will be able to galraid enough score to catch up in 3-5 days sounds laughable.

Meanwhile ND are the biggest threat so will get :asc:d. If CT also hit asc it will reduce the damage & prolong the war. CT have more time and if they only learn to stop crashing, they can get a lot of score on Asc planets.

Asc def is phenominal, but here's a simple illustration:

Assume Asc can stop 150 inc/night. Assume ND, Omen, CT can each send 100 attacks.

ND/Omen attack Asc, 50 fleets get through.

ND/Omen/CT attack Asc, 150 fleets get through.

Even if they disengage after a few days, I believe that with a big of skill and luck CT stand a very small chance of gaining the ~2mil/day required.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 22:59   #67
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Whatever slim chance CT had of winning they crashed away over the course of today. It's a 2 horse race for sure now. If only someone could have foreseen that happening!
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 23:57   #68
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Wihtout this forum i would die of boredom. I havent seen so much drama and flaming since i quited playing hardcore WoW:P

Im gonna love watching the breps in the near future. Who crashed where, cause one thing is for certain in war, someone is gonna crash :P
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 01:14   #69
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Did CT possibly not fall for the "we have no chance of winning" line by asc?

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 01:37   #70
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel View Post
Did CT possibly not fall for the "we have no chance of winning" line by asc?
No one said this. And even if we did (which we didn't), I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you implying they did or didn't fall for that thing we didn't do?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 04:25   #71
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
No one said this. And even if we did (which we didn't), I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you implying they did or didn't fall for that thing we didn't do?
Now u got me all confused Mzypxptlk :/
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 10:08   #72
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
CT don't stand much of a chance either way, but I don't believe they have any if they sit out. ND would probably last 3-5 days alone vs Asc. Saying CT will be able to galraid enough score to catch up in 3-5 days sounds laughable.

Meanwhile ND are the biggest threat so will get :asc:d. If CT also hit asc it will reduce the damage & prolong the war. CT have more time and if they only learn to stop crashing, they can get a lot of score on Asc planets.

Asc def is phenominal, but here's a simple illustration:

Assume Asc can stop 150 inc/night. Assume ND, Omen, CT can each send 100 attacks.

ND/Omen attack Asc, 50 fleets get through.

ND/Omen/CT attack Asc, 150 fleets get through.

Even if they disengage after a few days, I believe that with a big of skill and luck CT stand a very small chance of gaining the ~2mil/day required.
You've got a couple of false assumptions in there than make your conclusion incorrect.

Ascendancy are in the ascendancy*. CT has basically crashed most of the value it's going to crash this round. What's left is probably of better quality than Omen is at the moment. I'm mostly judging that on the times they start PLing and the fact that Omen managed to crash >3m value on a wave one of their HC was on yesterday.

It'll be interesting to see how ND perform. They're basically untested this round, which could mean they're fresh and ready to kick it up a notch or that they're sloppy and will make expensive mistakes.

Personally, I think Ascendancy will win it. We've fought this hard so far because we want it and we're not going to let ourselves be beaten at the finish line.

Best of luck to all involved, this should be a good fight

* I've been waiting so long to say that.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Mar 2009, 12:23   #73
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestorn View Post
Now u got me all confused Mzypxptlk :/
Mission successful. :P
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:00   #74
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

love the fact that nd blames ct for sitting out the last week when nd sat out several hundred ticks when you cud have secured a position, enjoy your 2nd place

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:03   #75
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Ascendancy underplayed it and fooled everyone shocker!
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:09   #76
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelle View Post
love the fact that nd blames ct for sitting out the last week when nd sat out several hundred ticks when you cud have secured a position, enjoy your 2nd place
enjoy your 3rd/4th..

No ones to blame but ourselves (CT/ND/Omen), we've all had favourable politics and leads (roids or value) at some point during the round and chucked it away, simple fact is Asc have been more careful with their fleets and using them more efficiently and therefore are going to win, congrats everyone who has donated their fleets to Asc this round, i guess you are to thank for their somewhat unlikely victory, have to say I'm particularly disappointed with some of the people I have seen crashing.

Honestly embarassed to say I am in the group fighting against Ascendancy atm.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:26   #77
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
enjoy your 3rd/4th..

No ones to blame but ourselves (CT/ND/Omen), we've all had favourable politics and leads (roids or value) at some point during the round and chucked it away, simple fact is Asc have been more careful with their fleets and using them more efficiently and therefore are going to win, congrats everyone who has donated their fleets to Asc this round, i guess you are to thank for their somewhat unlikely victory, have to say I'm particularly disappointed with some of the people I have seen crashing.

Honestly embarassed to say I am in the group fighting against Ascendancy atm.
itīs not easy for me to agree with Venox, but he got a very good point there
i donīt think asc is winning cause them are sooooo uber (yes they are good, no question), i think they win it, cause the other alliances where too dumb to win themselves (bad politics, crashing etc...)

i crashed on ND btw!!!

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:32   #78
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Ascendancy underplayed it and fooled everyone shocker!
I don't think we underplayed or fooled anyone. Ascendancy's intentions have been clear all round. We were playing for the win. If asked, most of our members would have told you that we thought we'd win.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:32   #79
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
i donīt think asc is winning cause them are sooooo uber (yes they are good, no question), i think they win it, cause the other alliances where too dumb to win themselves (bad politics, crashing etc...)
u mean asc are not sooooo uber; but they are relatively more uber than the rest!
which lets face it adds up to the same thing.

The crashing has been rather shocking tbh, Im sure its not normally quite this prolific; it must be the fatigue of the long round getting to ppl.

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 26 Mar 2009 at 17:38.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:41   #80
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
congrats everyone who has donated their fleets to Asc this round
Just as a point of interest, and related to the thread on the suggestions forum about lowering salvage, we checked out some of our zik planets recently and how much value we have and after subtracting away how much we'd have actually mined over the course of the round (!roidsave tick-roids 1 bonus in munin in case you're wondering) a lot of our ziks have gained 20-30% of their value from crashes (after today I think hude must have gained 40% of his value from crashes to be honest). That's fairly outrageous really.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 17:46   #81
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
u mean asc are not sooooo uber; but they are relatively more uber than the rest!
which lets face it adds up to the same thing.

The crashing has been rather shocking tbh, Im sure its not normally quite this prolific; it must be the fatigue of the long round getting to ppl.
asc is better then any other alliance (specially after like half of omen left omen for asc midround )
however my point was, that asc doesnt win cause of 1337 strategies or politics (apart from the awesome propaganda post of JBG)
but cause of the other alliances failing badly

dont get me wrong, asc deserves the win, but what actually made em win, is way more then asc uberness

and yes the crashing is hillarious, i know i shouldnt say anything, i crashed myself 1.1 million, however crashes happen, but the amount of the crashes lately is amazing (you could start to think ppl crash intenionally on some ascs )

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:24   #82
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
however my point was, that asc doesnt win cause of 1337 strategies or politics (apart from the awesome propaganda post of JBG)
but cause of the other alliances failing badly
wait up here! last round everyone complained that asc got where it did because they played politics better than the rest, now that asc had a round where politicking didnt help much U try to say that by not winning by politics its inglorious.
That it wasnt 1337 strategies or politics makes it a greater not a lesser achievement, more not less of an accolade for all the asc members who launched/recalled through the night.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:31   #83
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
asc is better then any other alliance (specially after like half of omen left omen for asc midround )
no one good that I cared much about leaving to join asc, did ever leave Omen to join asc. ( safe / mikee / hanzi and late in the round Antigone )
*edit: oh some rocklobster nub with a shit planet also left I think! - point stands though - no one good or someone I shed a tear over

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:37   #84
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
wait up here! last round everyone complained that asc got where it did because they played politics better than the rest, now that asc had a round where politicking didnt help much U try to say that by not winning by politics its inglorious.
That it wasnt 1337 strategies or politics makes it a greater not a lesser achievement, more not less of an accolade for all the asc members who launched/recalled through the night.
I don't think he was trying to detract from the win, he was just saying that the main reason it looks like we'll win is more because of the other alliances being shit than us being super awesome and super leet
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 18:51   #85
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

yeh and the point (in the previous post to that, responding to M0 saying asc wasnt uber) was that if everyone else is being useless and crashing then asc is uber and awesome because even if from a detached standpoint they are only mediocre, they are relative to the rest soooo uber (to use the original phase).
In this case by simply resisting the mass crashing hysteria that has overtaken the rest asc's careful approach is not spectacular (not 1337 tactics or politics) but it is ultimately just as uber!

Its rare for me to take the asc is amazing line, because asc simply does things right, but there come a point when everyone else is doing things wrong that makes that singular strength amazing in itself.
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:32   #86
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
yeh and the point (in the previous post to that, responding to M0 saying asc wasnt uber) was that if everyone else is being useless and crashing then asc is uber and awesome because even if from a detached standpoint they are only mediocre, they are relative to the rest soooo uber (to use the original phase).
In this case by simply resisting the mass crashing hysteria that has overtaken the rest asc's careful approach is not spectacular (not 1337 tactics or politics) but it is ultimately just as uber!

Its rare for me to take the asc is amazing line, because asc simply does things right, but there come a point when everyone else is doing things wrong that makes that singular strength amazing in itself.
i am not entirely sure, what your point is

asc is a damn good alliance, containing a lot of damn good players (i never disagreed on that point)
but asc was on its knees like 3/4 weeks ago when ct/omen/vgn/nd decided it would be better to galraid again instead of ptargeting asc or hitting asc fortress gals and thats why asc could come back and win the round in the first place - imo

if u disagree, ok - but dont try to emphasize i said asc were shit, or doesnt deserve the win or whatever your trying to do (i dont really understand it)

if nd/ct/vgn/omen would have kept on with hitting 500 roid 4 mil asc planets, asc would never have been able to recover, that they still did, after everyone picked Nub Targets again for "easy" roids and that they did it that fast, ofc is cause they are a bunch of good players.

however i am sure if asc was in the situation of omen/ct/nd they would have never stopped hitting the #1 threat alliance, cause that was like the worst idea ever and you didnīt need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what will happen
and thats where i say asc wins for 60-70% cause the NewDawnConspiracyVengeanceOmen-block acted short sighted, emoéd or was just not able to control its members and played really bad politics (ofc there was some reasons behind it - how good they have been i dont know)

so asc doesnt win against a four ally block, they win against a four-alliance thing which failed and never (maybe 2 nights in the whole round) worked as one

Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:40   #87
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Your post is flawed because it considers only how to make Ascendancy lose rather than how to get another alliance to top spot. Which is hardly surprising considering how VgN have played this round, but other alliances had more ambition than that. Let's face it, pretty much any ****ing idiot commanding the massed strength of 4 alliances could beat us but, as each of these competing entities also had to try and find a way to win for themselves, that was never the case.

In my own opinion your alliance is probably more to blame than any of the others you mention because it never focused on building it's own value or strength, prefering instead to try and smash themselves to bits on us. As a result you were a non issue in the mid to late game and the top5 was sufficiently diluted in strength to allow us to survive by means of some exceptional work from our leaders and members.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2009, 22:52   #88
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Your post is flawed because it considers only how to make Ascendancy lose rather than how to get another alliance to top spot. Which is hardly surprising considering how VgN have played this round, but other alliances had more ambition than that. Let's face it, pretty much any ****ing idiot commanding the massed strength of 4 alliances could beat us but, as each of these competing entities also had to try and find a way to win for themselves, that was never the case.

In my own opinion your alliance is probably more to blame than any of the others you mention because it never focused on building it's own value or strength, prefering instead to try and smash themselves to bits on us. As a result you were a non issue in the mid to late game and the top5 was sufficiently diluted in strength to allow us to survive by means of some exceptional work from our leaders and members.
thats ofc what the 3 alliances will say (excluding vgn, who never had a chance to win), but is this fact?
yes they had all ambitions to win themselves, but also it was obvious to all of em (at least to omen/ct) that if they stop now(3-4 weeks ago) , asc will come back and win the round or at least have a very good chance to
and they still did let it happen!

thats where they failed imo

though ofc your right with their own ambitions, and that this is the biggest reason why they failed/stopped hitting asc
but i say they could have battled it out in the last 7 days, when asc wouldnt be able to have a comeback instead of closing their eyes and praying the other one will keep asc busy enough, so they dont get hit and can outgrow

disagree if you like, its a free world, but this is my opinion (and i stop now explaining it, think its obvious what i want to say)

cheers

Unread 26 Mar 2009, 23:41   #89
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
thats ofc what the 3 alliances will say (excluding vgn, who never had a chance to win), but is this fact?
yes they had all ambitions to win themselves, but also it was obvious to all of em (at least to omen/ct) that if they stop now(3-4 weeks ago) , asc will come back and win the round or at least have a very good chance to
and they still did let it happen!

thats where they failed imo

though ofc your right with their own ambitions, and that this is the biggest reason why they failed/stopped hitting asc
but i say they could have battled it out in the last 7 days, when asc wouldnt be able to have a comeback instead of closing their eyes and praying the other one will keep asc busy enough, so they dont get hit and can outgrow

disagree if you like, its a free world, but this is my opinion (and i stop now explaining it, think its obvious what i want to say)

cheers
If ND and Omen had kept hitting us, CT would have waltzed away with the win because of their huge roidlead. It was blindingly obvious that they'd go back to galraiding and leave ND/Omen to do their dirty work for them. Omen and ND wouldn't have been able to take this lead down in the last week of the round. Especially if they'd been hitting us for 4 weeks before, as their players would have just gotten completely burned out (you know all about that...)
Even if CT didn't go off and do galraids (lol), they had a huge roidlead which Omen and ND couldn't catch by hitting us...

CT are the new Angels, but where does this leave Fang next round?
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 04:04   #90
[ND]Disc

[ND]Disc has a spectacular aura about[ND]Disc has a spectacular aura about

I'm not going to sugar coat anything.

CT HC are the biggest pile of crap i've ever seen to be quite honest, even if they do something well, they rectify the good/shit factor by doing something twice as bad! Please disband after round.

ND i think played it well pollitically up until about tick 800! After that I think it went abit downhill, not all their own fault, CT certainly didn't help with their stinking attitude!

Omen, I have respect for them in their efforts, even though at times they lacked overall decision making abilities, and didn't use their full capabilities to their full advantage with regards to attacking.

VGN/xVx not really sure what you did tbh sorry

Ascendancy, hands down the best political players and the best players ability wise! Played an awesome round! some of the defence/attacks ive seen from them have been nothing short of amazing! Only thing i'd say as a negative is their use of "lower tier" alliances, and taking in Omen/CT ship jumpers! But if thats what it takes to win, wd for making that decision.

Overall, CT disband
Overall Asc AMAZING!

Oh DLR rock my world too
[ND]Disc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 04:20   #91
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Disc View Post
Omen, I have respect for them in their efforts, even though at times they lacked overall decision making abilities, and didn't use their full capabilities to their full advantage with regards to attacking.
It was the main problem with declaring war with the #1 alliance in PA Pre-round. We couldnt maintain 100% focus and dedication to the constant battle with Asc. Its hard to keep everyone's morale up and willingness to launch on the attacks when the majority of them arnt landing or you've got to do bigger teamups (and get hardly any roids) in order to land on Asc. Then, as time went on with the war, and CT/ND pulled ahead.. It added more pressure within the alliance as it started raising doubts on the all out war with Asc, along with people wanting to do some actually attacks for roids.

So it wasnt really decision making, it was more of motivating the memberbase to act on them.

Although, if i could go back to pre-round.. Omen would still be the alliance i'd choose to join, mainly as it was the alliance which tried its hardest to stop Asc. I did enjoy the war, only wish the round was shorter so didnt have this period of being bored
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 04:32   #92
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Disc View Post

CT HC are the biggest pile of crap i've ever seen to be quite honest
I'm going to pos rep you every chance the system lets me for as long as these forums live.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 09:23   #93
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
2) top alliance avg score
Probably should have mentioned that one to CBA to be honest!
Unread 27 Mar 2009, 12:27   #94
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
If ND and Omen had kept hitting us, CT would have waltzed away with the win because of their huge roidlead. It was blindingly obvious that they'd go back to galraiding and leave ND/Omen to do their dirty work for them. Omen and ND wouldn't have been able to take this lead down in the last week of the round. Especially if they'd been hitting us for 4 weeks before, as their players would have just gotten completely burned out (you know all about that...)
Even if CT didn't go off and do galraids (lol), they had a huge roidlead which Omen and ND couldn't catch by hitting us...
so what would have been so wrong with ct winning (if they did it at all, i am not sure about that, like you seem to be) - Omen fought all round so Asc wouldnīt win and they win themselves, now what did they achieve? - CT wanted to win also, what did they achieve with going back to galraiding? (do they have more roids now? - i dont think so)
the Asc win doesnt come as a surprise (if it does, you clearly have no ability to forsee some events) it was obvious it happens, with the other 3 takin pressure of em.
So what did they achieve with going back to galraiding?
1) they dont win themselves (which is the reasons they stopped, beeing afraid to not be able to outroid the #1 alliance(CT))
2) Asc is winning (which everyone wanted to prevent all round)

if you have another name then FAIL for this, iīd be interested to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
So it wasnt really decision making, it was more of motivating the memberbase to act on them.
thats where Asc beats all of us everywhere at any point at any time

they are aware that it will take some "not landing", some frustration, some hard work, big teamups etc and they hit those wartargets (maybe elviz is diffrent, dunno him at all )
thats where i respect Asc the most, they dont get dragged into bad decissions cause of their members wanting to roid Orbit/Ass/Factory planets instead
and thats where they absolutely deserver this win
and again where everyone else failed (dont recruit members who will go emo over 10 nights of not landing and then start hitting 1 mil 300 roid targets, to cap 75 roids)
or donīt start the war at all, if your unsure about your members beeing able to fight it

i know it is not that easy to maintain all of your alliance stick to the ONE thing to do
Asc somehow manages though (every round, even if they dont win in the end)
so Respect again

Unread 27 Mar 2009, 17:07   #95
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
dont recruit members who will go emo over 10 nights of not landing and then start hitting 1 mil 300 roid targets, to cap 75 roids)
sorry m0 but had to lol @ you there
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote