User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 12 Feb 2006, 15:37   #1
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
a bit pathetic??

a new guy joined my galaxy a bout 4 days ago. he had aprox 75k score when he came out of protection and about 170 roids. His first night out of protection we got hit hard as a galaxy everyone getting hit from what i can recall. Every planet in galaxy got 1 wave of incomming, this small guy with no defencive fleet to speak of and little roids also...he got 3 waves of incomming

i would like to question the logic of:

a. the alliance (do you encourage newbie bashing?)
b. the BC (why authorise 3 waves of incomming on a 170 roid planet?)
c. the retards who took waves 2 and 3 on him (you would have known he was of low score so did it make u feel big to slaughter him??)

for the record the player himself hasnt been seen since, only point i can add is...wtg pa community for getting rid of ANOTHER player through a blatant attempt to inflate your amasingly huge e-penis' [/scarcasm]

Mek

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 15:43   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: a bit pathetic??

heh i cant get above 200 roids.

I just get non stop incs and im not even in a bad gal, altho we get about 3 waved every night..
Seems once you fall off the bandwagon its ****ing hard to get back on it without being shoved off again :S .
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 15:46   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Vengeance does not condone any action such as this: in fact, we are totally against it. My personal practice is to always exclude planets such as that one from our attacks (when I BC), and I always tell our BCs not to include those types of targets. We've changed our attacking a lot since previous rounds when I admit that we could be guilty of this sort of thing, but no longer.

Shame on the alliance who did this.
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 15:50   #4
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

btw...i have a list of the attackers co-ords...im more than willing to name and shame them so mabey they get what is coming to them

Unread 12 Feb 2006, 15:51   #5
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I've seen and gotten word about this happening several times and would like to stress that TGV does not condone such actions, nor do we support or want any actions like this. Infact, If you keept thoose coords Mek, please let me know.

However, there seem to be some galaxies that tend to get over"booked" for attacks wich leads them to getting twatted quite hard. This will allways happen in a game like this when the size of the universe is so small.
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 15:54   #6
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
They don't. They don't discourage it either, though the bash limit is supposed to do that job for them.

Quote:
Why not? Most raids allow unlimited waves on the available targets; it's normally assumed that members will take responsibility for deciding whether it's profitable to wave a planet. In this instance I'd say that the members got it wrong, but it's not the BC's fault. BCs have to sleep/go offline too, and I think it's unreasonable to expect a BC to sit there telling people who to attack.

Quote:
c. the retards who took waves 2 and 3 on him (you would have known he was of low score so did it make u feel big to slaughter him??)
This is a slightly more valid criticism. I don't think it made anyone feel 'big' though. I'd guess that someone arrived late to target picking, found everything else worth hitting already taken, so took some shitty waves rather than leave their fleet idle at base.

Quote:
for the record the player himself hasnt been seen since, only point i can add is...wtg pa community for getting rid of ANOTHER player through a blatant attempt to inflate your amasingly huge e-penis' [/scarcasm]
Losing roids isn't the end of the world (I've lost close to 1000 myself).

Players without an alliance really shouldn't be encouraged to believe in holding their roids - it will cause them to play defensively, thinking (falsely) that they can build a good enough fleet to deter attackers (which they can't - certainly not at this stage of the round). What they can do is attack, gaining XP and score and not care about the lost roids.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 17:40   #7
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Vengeance does not condone any action such as this: in fact, we are totally against it. My personal practice is to always exclude planets such as that one from our attacks (when I BC), and I always tell our BCs not to include those types of targets. We've changed our attacking a lot since previous rounds when I admit that we could be guilty of this sort of thing, but no longer.

Shame on the alliance who did this.
a 180 roid guy in my gal with 130k value and like 200k score got 3 waves from Vgn 2 days ago.

I'm not stating this is regular, but still, saying "we don't do it" is not an option.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 18:11   #8
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

When choosing targets I set cut off points for value and roids. Typically the cut off when I do it is the ally's average value - 50k. Also choose people with enough roids for the smaller members to cap a minimum of 50 or so roids on the 3rd wave.
coffee- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 18:13   #9
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stoom: far be it from me to start disputing your intel

As I said, I tell people to not set up multiple waves on low planets. However, the entire reason for our high member count and low average score is that we have members who have only just returned to the game and are playing inactively/only just started their planets. Thus of more use would be a comparison of attacker's score/value and target's score/value.

It would be a disservice from me to those members if I didn't give them at least some targets their own size. What we don't do is hit people straight out of protection.
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 18:29   #10
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Its a common problem, first night in a new and very strong gal it was hit hard by an organised ally attack, nothing wrong in that in itself, however i was on 167 roids and got 5 waves of incs. since then ive been ok as the gals size discourages solos and those are easily defended. but smaller gals get hit like this consistently night after night. those used to it who play for xp like myself get pissed off about it, then get on with things and et xp to compensate. as ive pointed out numerous times new players dont, they quit.

I Know F-Crew dosnt sanction this sort of thing either and as im sure u all know Wakeys one of the biggest voices against it. however unfortunately no ally can guarantee 100% control over their members 24/7, so as ComradeRob sais its more a concern about the members morals than the BC's. In general from what ive seen of our members they generaly rarely claim even first wave on low roid planets and if the no targets left situation occurs then seem to organise little groups of those lacking and find a few planets of their own to hit, again i cannot outright say this IS what they do everytime but id hope the general drilling by F-Crew bc's to hit bigger value planets has sunk in.
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 18:38   #11
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

It is indeed a worry Mek, the way galaxies have gone this round (the BP f#ck up) it seems to be happening quite often. Well, from what ive witnessed in the numerous gals ive exiled around in, that is.

My only thoughts on those waves is the attackers themselves are noobs. Its possible they didnt know the guy was out of protection but even so, if they are small themself (be that fleetwise or recently outta protection), why should they not wave? As Rob said, the bashlimit should prevent extreme cases.

If your a big planet, its easy to frown upon 3 waves on a 170 roid planet but for the little guys or the inexperienced attackers (who look for fleetless & easy targets), its just an opportunity to grow.

I suppose we can take comfort knowing we didnt pay to play this round but at the same time, I think many would feel dissapointed PA didnt put more effort into widening the playerbase.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 18:56   #12
Filth
Filtheh

Filth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the roughFilth is a jewel in the rough

my gal was also waved today, only 2 of us had above 200 roids. my gal has since gone even more inactive
Unread 12 Feb 2006, 23:51   #13
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

170 roids and no fleet? Free roids isn't it?

Seriously though this has happened in my gal too and I suspect a lot of galaxies. I think you have to accept it's part of the game, unless there is a rule in place then people will try to exploit what. We're trying to help our new guys in my gal with understanding the game and also to not worry too much about losing roids and just move their fleets if its a bashing. Also as they've lost roids they are eager to get out there and grab more - and that's a good thing imo.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 02:00   #14
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

As I said, I tell people to not set up multiple waves on low planets. However, the entire reason for our high member count and low average score is that we have members who have only just returned to the game and are playing inactively/only just started their planets. Thus of more use would be a comparison of attacker's score/value and target's score/value.

It would be a disservice from me to those members if I didn't give them at least some targets their own size. What we don't do is hit people straight out of protection.
Heh, far be it from me to start disputing your security

This is very nice and all, but you can not deny the fact that 'even' VgN has that problem.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 03:22   #15
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

STOP!!!!. I think the point we are forgeting is that this is a war game. A virtual free for all with every person, galaxy, and alliance all trying to out do each other. If you have an advantage in war you use it plain and simple. If this discourages people from playing the game then those who are GC's and ministers and of course Alliance HC really need to work on keeping peoples spirits up if they enjoy playing.

I don't like to get roided or fleet caught anymore than the next guy but how can I be attacking others and having a good game and not expect the same could also happen to me.

If getting to the top was not such a challenge would it be worth it? No of course not. You gotta risk something to succeed.

This is happening in every gal. Each of us have at least one gal member that has been roided to nothing from 3+ waves. So what is the solution? Get out there and get those roids back from somebody. It's a war game. GO MAKE WAR!!
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 05:46   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All of this means is that the alliances at the top are still dicking about and not getting involved in wars, just yet.

Give it time.

Although, as someone who is quite tiny and has at least 5 waves for the second time this round, it's pretty frustrating. I've worked out that after tonight, I'll be down to maybe 90 stones if i'm lucky. Needless to say, I'll be getting them back within the next couple of days, only to get 6 waves again, presumably.

While it's not in some alliances interests to make war, it suggests a certain lack of initiative somewhere, as currently there appears to be close to very little to start the chain reaction going and turning the game into alliance war mode. As someone not involved, it would be nice if someone got a move on, but then it's not up to me.

The only thing that annoys me about this whole strategy is that it's very poor play indeed, and doesn't really get you many roids or XP.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 06:41   #17
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
and doesn't really get you many roids or XP.
thats what puzzles me about why people attack 150 roid planets, its just simply not worth it surely?
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 07:03   #18
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
thats what puzzles me about why people attack 150 roid planets, its just simply not worth it surely?
I agree. I personally don't want to waste my fleets attacking a lame target when there is better XP available. Small targets take too many attacks to get the same XP.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 08:19   #19
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You know how we have a sub-forum for people to say goodbye in, because people were getting tired of seeing loads of threads on here with it it?

Can we make a sub-forum for "whining about people getting waved/bashed/roided and therefore quitting" please? There are a gazillion of these threads.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 10:59   #20
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Why are alliances encouraging members to hit below their value. No matter how many roids you cap. Its just not worth it.

Any alliance who allows its members to do this should take a serious look at them selfs. Not from any community driven reason but for the simple fact the XP sucks on them. So really whats the point in wasting a fleet for a few little roids that your members will drain alliance resorces to keep. Better they go out anf find bigger targets, people who will rival them at this stage or some later one. So not only do they get good XP you are also hurting rival alliances roid count.

Just my thoughts on the matter
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 11:05   #21
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
People are stupid. Many will go for a free thing many times rather than the somewhat risky reward that will (much) pay off better in the long run. It's the same reason people would launch 10th wave on Caths with 200 roids in r13
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 11:12   #22
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy
Why are alliances encouraging members to hit below their value. No matter how many roids you cap. Its just not worth it.
Is there any alliance which actually encourages this?

Alliances are just groups of individuals. You're not going to change individual behaviour by blaming alliances.

I remain convinced that what the game needs is some assistance for players in figuring out how to attack bigger planets. An in-built battle calc is obvious - there have been good battle calcs since forever, why has one never been incoroporated into the game? A good guide on how to use it is also needed, of course.

Given how little information newbies have, it's no surprise that they're going for the no-risk option.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 11:40   #23
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
a new guy joined my galaxy a bout 4 days ago. he had aprox 75k score when he came out of protection and about 170 roids. His first night out of protection we got hit hard as a galaxy everyone getting hit from what i can recall. Every planet in galaxy got 1 wave of incomming, this small guy with no defencive fleet to speak of and little roids also...he got 3 waves of incomming

i would like to question the logic of:

Mek
farm? and he had gal status on ya gal

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 11:43   #24
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
You sound too much like a lawyer, talking bollocks to tarnish credibility regardless of truth.
Quote:
As I said, I tell people to not set up multiple waves on low planets. However, the entire reason for our high member count and low average score is that we have members who have only just returned to the game and are playing inactively/only just started their planets. Thus of more use would be a comparison of attacker's score/value and target's score/value. t would be a disservice from me to those members if I didn't give them at least some targets their own size
His point, and mine, is that nearly all the planets attacking, are hitting near the bash limit for about 40 roids, or taking 6th wave on a 300 roid cath.
I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, but you could do so much better and potentially have more fun if you risked it a little. Not to mention forcing people to quit.
Quote:
What we don't do is hit people straight out of protection
Tell me how you know this please.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 12:19   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I remain convinced that what the game needs is some assistance for players in figuring out how to attack bigger planets.
Ten four on that one buddy.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 13:25   #26
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
You sound too much like a lawyer, talking bollocks to tarnish credibility regardless of truth.
I am a lawyer. Well, not offically, and lokken's far more of a lawyer than I am, but the point stands. As for your suggestion, it's well known that alliance intel is very rarely 100% accurate without the dishonourable use of spies.

Quote:
His point, and mine, is that nearly all the planets attacking, are hitting near the bash limit for about 40 roids, or taking 6th wave on a 300 roid cath.
I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, but you could do so much better and potentially have more fun if you risked it a little. Not to mention forcing people to quit.
And since I disclaimed any association to this attack in the 3rd post in this thread...or did you selectively miss that in order to score points, sniborp?

Quote:
Tell me how you know this please.
Planets only just out of protection have tiny values. It's actually because I check our attacks almost every night before they are released to members, and reguarly change things around a bit. legacy, Roid et all can all vouch as to how annoying I am in doing this.

Your overall post? "talking bollocks to tarnish credibility regardless of truth".

Good day, gentlemen.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 15:09   #27
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
As for your suggestion, it's well known that alliance intel is very rarely 100% accurate without the dishonourable use of spies.
What? Do you really believe that?

It isn't difficult to get a list of an alliance's coords. Just one member compromising themself starts off the link to the chain - others compromising themselves as the round goes on affirms it.

You don't need spies to have a clue about who's who, dude

Quote:
And since I disclaimed any association to this attack in the 3rd post in this thread...or did you selectively miss that in order to score points, sniborp?
So you're saying you didn't hit the tiny planets in the galaxy?

Well that's just a full-on lie (oh, are you going to "not dispute my intel" like you did to sniborp?), and is just going to damage future credibility really for you.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 16:52   #28
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
And since I disclaimed any association to this attack in the 3rd post in this thread...
I wasn't talking about the same attack, nor did I actually ever say it was VgN (even though VgN planets were the main alliance in the raid)
Quote:
or did you selectively miss that in order to score points, sniborp?
No, I'm not a lawyer.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 18:32   #29
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
What? Do you really believe that?

It isn't difficult to get a list of an alliance's coords. Just one member compromising themself starts off the link to the chain - others compromising themselves as the round goes on affirms it.

You don't need spies to have a clue about who's who, dude
I never knew that, honest.

It is, however, rarer to have 100% accurate intel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomket
So you're saying you didn't hit the tiny planets in the galaxy?

Well that's just a full-on lie (oh, are you going to "not dispute my intel" like you did to sniborp?), and is just going to damage future credibility really for you.
If I knew which galaxy Mek was talking about, I'd give you a reply. Since no-one's cared to contact me or anyone else in VGN about this, I can only assume you're talking total shite.

And Tomkat, at least I have credibility to damage.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 18:59   #30
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

An Alliance HC that claims his members are targetting legitimate targetts and not targetting newbies excessively, is someone who overestimates his ability to track his members radically. While no one can claim to be the bastion of truth, I'd wager that there are people from any alliance (VGN not excluded) hitting small planets excessively.

What interests me most is that this round is particularly advanced, and we still have very small planets getting many many waves either by bad play, or massive overlap.

This suggests one of two things:
a) there aren't many major wars going on; or
b) smaller alliances just aren't interested, and are playing solely for value.

Realistically, a newer player has no chance to succeed at this time, UNLESS as Rob and JBG have commented, they know how to play for xp.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 19:04   #31
furball

I entirely agree with you lok, except that the issue here is waving small planets - typically done as part of an alliance attack as opposed to members attacking solo. I can make no claims as to members attacking solo, nor can any other alliance HC.

There aren't any major wars going on right now - in fact, alliances that get targetted aren't returning fire, but instead limping off to lick their wounds. Quite how long some of them will take this punishment for is anybody's guess.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 19:22   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
I entirely agree with you lok, except that the issue here is waving small planets - typically done as part of an alliance attack as opposed to members attacking solo. I can make no claims as to members attacking solo, nor can any other alliance HC.

There aren't any major wars going on right now - in fact, alliances that get targetted aren't returning fire, but instead limping off to lick their wounds. Quite how long some of them will take this punishment for is anybody's guess.
I guess until they've blocked with someone

next question.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 19:55   #33
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

We were hitting some smaller planets I think, but my BCs are advised to take only gals with bigger planets. However I know what you are talking about and I can tell you why it happens:
The players dont come too often on IRC so they get no assistence. Cant the PA-crew build something like the following system in:
the GC sets on his politic page a gal channel. anyone of this gal who opens the chat page now is connected to netgamers and automatically in his gal-channel (the one set by the GC) so that he can get help (helping via forums isnt really an option)
?

as when I told some ppl who showed up on IRC they could do well on bigger targets they tried - and now I'm hapy some ppl in my alliance requested to attack bigger gals as before.
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 20:04   #34
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I might attack 150 roid planet. And it surely would be worth it. Tho I have ~120 roids and low value myself
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2006, 22:42   #35
TSP

TSP has a spectacular aura aboutTSP has a spectacular aura aboutTSP has a spectacular aura about

The problem is, it's a really hard thing to stop. I know Wakey devoted half of last round to messaging attackers if they were hitting comparatively low valued targets, but it doesn't really change that much. Also there tends to be an atmosphere where galaxies have to be "covered" and people don't know when to say enough is enough. I mean, if a planet has that low value in the first place, it's highly doubtful they need multiple waves to stop them sending defence.

I really question the sanity of anybody who claims third wave on a target with 110 roids. But as pointed out above, most of the people doing this are less active members of mid range alliances and the only way to stop it is to change people's attitudes.
TSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 00:14   #36
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about

Why don't you all go solo like me, then the only co-ordinated attacks are the random numbers my darts hit on the board each day prior to launch.

It's a much less stressful way to play.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 01:30   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
The problem is here that sometimes it ends up looking like smaller galaxies are being waved due to the sheer number of solo attackers who just seem to hit shitty planets because they're afraid of losing ships.

Also I wouldn't worry furball, tk and cf are just mad because you hit our galaxy

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 14 Feb 2006 at 01:43.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 03:16   #38
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Also I wouldn't worry furball, tk and cf are just mad because you hit our galaxy
For the second time.

However I don't care about roids, mostly because I have so few anyway.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 03:31   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
For the second time.
We're this <-----------------------------------------> special.
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 03:45   #40
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Any one in 10:4? Would they be suitable target for 6-12 waves of incomming?
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 09:21   #41
Mek
InSomniac

10:4:10 (1.1 million terran with 1.1k roids) is currently hitting a target with 277 roids, less than half his score and less value than himself

why are people attacking this way??

Unread 14 Feb 2006, 09:26   #42
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Got roids? Expect incoming :xmasgrin:
Unread 14 Feb 2006, 10:34   #43
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

When i was doing attacks for my old alliance I always allowed upto 3 waves per planet, but I never hit a gal that was small. Altho it usally was a small gal by the time we finished with it But didnt lowbie bash, always took people equal to or above our value.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 09:57   #44
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Congrats xvx. 5 waves on a 192 roid planet with 115k value. Clearly the way to go if we want to keep players playing pa.
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 10:06   #45
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

I got 3 waves on me at 87k score with 200 roids from some 250k+ players then got exiled for my troubles :P

So gonna let every galaxy I get exiled to now know that i aint full time and in no alliance rather than wait 2 days to be exiled.

n00bs for teh win.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 10:07   #46
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
10:4:10 (1.1 million terran with 1.1k roids) is currently hitting a target with 277 roids, less than half his score and less value than himself

oh the irony, if you knew who he was and what he was posted in this thread.

anyway, as an excuse for him i suspect he gets his targets assigned to him - therefore can't really help the situation, heh.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 11:21   #47
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
oh the irony, if you knew who he was and what he was posted in this thread.

anyway, as an excuse for him i suspect he gets his targets assigned to him - therefore can't really help the situation, heh.
Yup it must be the target assigning that makes him attack that planet since else his comments here make him look silly
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 11:29   #48
taxicabriolet
i havent a mind

taxicabriolet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek

What people are failing to realize here that not every noob is a 'bad' player. There are ones that make it pretty well off, whether it be skill, or the gal/alliance they happen to be in. Most of these attacks which everyone is complaining about tend to come from other noobs hitting the lower scoring ones because they know they will make off with roids without a doubt of losing alot of ships.

The veteran players know that there is not alot of score coming to them by attacking this way so they shy away from doing these attacks. Is this ok, I dont condone it, but again, its a WAR game! If you want to complain about someone being attacked and losing their roids, then do something about it in the game. Dont just sit here complaining and let the 'Nazis' take over.

There are measures put in the game where a planet has a limit on how low he can attack, if you want it stopped, go complain to appoco. And even still, every planet has the same types of ships, its not like the bigger ones have a better advantage by having that very thing, an 'advantage.' So here is my plan to stop getting people from being bashed and leaving:
Lets make so many rules
Lets halt so many attacks
Lets complain so many times

That everyone leaves, the game shutsdown, and there is no body left, then the game will be perfect because the noobs wont be bashed by others, cause there wont be any noobs or others left to have war. Planetarion crew, can you devise some sort of massive ingame atomic explosion where everyone dies? This may stop the whining

Chuck Norris does not have AIDS but he gives it to people anyway.

(Damn Sesame Street for making a vegie monster, cookie monster you will always remain in my heart)

Last edited by taxicabriolet; 15 Feb 2006 at 12:12.
taxicabriolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 11:35   #49
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

(10:33:55) <@JBG> you know considering the fact that pd has a thread about how people don't deserve the xp points they get and the other one about how the bash limit should be higher i'm thinking the only way to satisfy everyone is to create a game where you're only allowed to attack planets bigger than you and doing this loses you score
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Feb 2006, 11:45   #50
taxicabriolet
i havent a mind

taxicabriolet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
(10:33:55) <@JBG> you know considering the fact that pd has a thread about how people don't deserve the xp points they get and the other one about how the bash limit should be higher i'm thinking the only way to satisfy everyone is to create a game where you're only allowed to attack planets bigger than you and doing this loses you score
heh, everyone has to start out with thousands of ships as well on this new game, and they all have to be really REALLY good, and everyone gets about 2000 roids, and there are pods, but what everyone doesnt know is that they dont work, so no one loses any roids, and then they all join one single alliance so they dont attack each other, then the alliance becomes democratic and they set up a senate, and put sanctions on the countries, oh i mean planets that are doing nuclear research.

And then they put rules stating that you have to go through the alliance if you are going to attack. And then they put rules stating that all your attacks must be approved by the galactic senate, and you must have reason for wanting to have those persons roids (even though as mentioned before, there are no possible ways of getting them, you just dont know it)

And then they begin to go into business in manufacturing the small toys that go into McDonalds happy meals. And then they get fat for working with something related to McDonalds. So they sue McDonalds and win, but McDonalds has its own alliance in this new game, and begins the manufacturing of nuclear weapons and puts these in every happy meal that the noobs take, and then the noobs planets blow up, making them lose all their roids.

See even a perfect game like this has a flaw. PA Mods, please put measures in PA so McDonald's Alliance cant make nuclear bombs and blow up all the noobie roids, we dont wont them leaving or worse, crying.

edit: Put in paragraphs, although proper diction calls for none because the whole thing is a nonsensible joke about people complaining for more rules and how laws in society are becoming more and more to protect the 'innocent' little ones, unlike life, it was their choice to join the game and can leave if they want, they can leave life aswell if they want, but thats a whole other discussion

Chuck Norris does not have AIDS but he gives it to people anyway.

(Damn Sesame Street for making a vegie monster, cookie monster you will always remain in my heart)

Last edited by taxicabriolet; 15 Feb 2006 at 12:12.
taxicabriolet is offline   Reply With Quote