User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Oct 2009, 04:15   #251
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of
Re: Ascendancy v Apprime

wishy is already joining my all norwegian bp!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2009, 09:31   #252
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
i am pro ministry bp again next round, but you can replace linkie i think!
I am awaiting my ministry BP request mail. u know where to reach me.

u could even recruit me to asc if u really want a fortress gal!
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2009, 09:42   #253
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
I'm sorry, but Apprime have no right to any this round. Because quite simply, they've played that badly.

They had this round successfully lost by tick 450-500, and their mass crashing on us was just mere confirmation of their desperation at that point. By that point, they had cashed in all their political chips by playing extremely recklessly and alienating nearly everyone, were being caught by a stronger alliance and were very much in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. I mean I had a conversation with JBG at that point about the general situation and I guess the general concensus was that we'd probably won, although neither of us put it in those terms, because neither of us take winning planetarion for granted at that stage of play.

The option they chose meant they hit us with no political support at all beyond Vision, which effectively made it a one on one contest. Had they waited, they might have got a large amount of unconditional support, but not before we'd probably have gained enough initiative and value to shred them first. In the end they just panicked completely, managed to totally alienate Evolution by screwing up even more, which then meant they were on the end of an even bigger can of whoopass than they would have otherwise.

Their round is just one gigantic political catastrophe and their HC shoulder all of the blame for a hilariously destructive chain reaction of ****ups. Or as ellonweb rightly summed up - all your leaders have shit for brains.
Im sorry but i see you talking about desperation? Are you an idiot? They prolly just were being shit. And you had a convo with JBG... oh man thats just awesome. You know who i had a convo with? I'll share! I had a convo with alot of people and it wasn't pa related at all.

Its so damn easy to talk about something AFTER it happened. if if if if if if if this if that if cardi was stoned less, if tdk didnt nub his alarm IF! But yea alot went wrong, personally i thought this war was abit more fun compared to the usual block wars.
Unread 14 Oct 2009, 09:48   #254
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Seriously tho, im not going to look through all my posts early round, but you can talk all the bullshit you guys like, the fact that Asc won this round, had less to do with competent HC/BC/DC, and more to do with Asc's Xan fortress playpath for this round.

Nothing else won it for you. I am confident in saying so becuase, you could play a Cat fortress for example, with the same players/political outcomes, and would get thoroughly routed.

Deny it all you want, this round was won by Asc race choice. Nothing else.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2009, 10:24   #255
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

So they were smarter than other alliances.
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2009, 10:34   #256
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrac View Post
An App gal win and bashing a couple more Asc gals would would definetly restore a little lost pride.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Good one.

(PS. There's nothing about an attack that crashes 8m value that's worth being proud of.)
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2009, 10:35   #257
tetrac

tetrac will become famous soon enoughtetrac will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Seriously tho, im not going to look through all my posts early round, but you can talk all the bullshit you guys like, the fact that Asc won this round, had less to do with competent HC/BC/DC, and more to do with Asc's Xan fortress playpath for this round.

Nothing else won it for you. I am confident in saying so becuase, you could play a Cat fortress for example, with the same players/political outcomes, and would get thoroughly routed.

Deny it all you want, this round was won by Asc race choice. Nothing else.
Oh and they don't need to pm their targets to roid them lol

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 14 Oct 2009 at 12:55. Reason: Yeah, so I removed that. I'm pretty sure you know why.
tetrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2009, 17:50   #258
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for 27m salvage people!
Unread 14 Oct 2009, 19:51   #259
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Im sorry but i see you talking about desperation? Are you an idiot? They prolly just were being shit. And you had a convo with JBG... oh man thats just awesome. You know who i had a convo with? I'll share! I had a convo with alot of people and it wasn't pa related at all.

Its so damn easy to talk about something AFTER it happened. if if if if if if if this if that if cardi was stoned less, if tdk didnt nub his alarm IF! But yea alot went wrong, personally i thought this war was abit more fun compared to the usual block wars.
At the point when I spoke to JBG it was pretty clear Apprime had lost a lot of potential friends by being greedy and we were catching them with a strong (but not impenetrable as recent attacks illustrate) defensive base. People overrate the importance of the xan fortresses - it's basic organisation, if you swarm a galaxy and don't crash, organisation doesn't mean shit in this game, as we discovered in round 31 when we took a hammering.

Apprime had two clear options at stage - come onto us because they felt they had no other option to preserve their lead (i.e. desperation) or just letting us overtake them and become the 'big bad Ascendancy' and risk us taking a rather large chunk out of them, but maybe garnering enough support to give us serious serious problems. Of the two options it seemed pretty convincing that Apprime would come onto us. And so it proved.

For Ascendancy, this has been one of the most dull rounds I can remember. Last round we were excellent and were a really classy outfit. I'd say that last round we put in a great, top level performance. This round, we were given so many gifts it was incredible - for all our oppositions faults, we'd at least expect to be hilariously outnumbered at some serious point in the round (which is pretty effective if all else fails, however shit it is) but congratulations to Apprime for screwing up any prospect of doing that before it was far too late.

Win number seven for us

Last edited by lokken; 14 Oct 2009 at 21:10.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2009, 08:10   #260
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
For Ascendancy, this has been one of the most dull rounds I can remember.
Maybe it would be more fun if you ever managed to show up in the galchannel. This has been the most entertaining round I've played in a while! Doesn't top the sense of achievement after winning r30, but definitely more fun to play.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote