User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: Roundname
Hidden Dangers 18 19.78%
Fall of Night 9 9.89%
Darkest Nightmare 7 7.69%
Unholy Alliances 12 13.19%
Distant Thunder 14 15.38%
Universal Chaos 12 13.19%
Sacrifice 13 14.29%
Universe At War 19 20.88%
Addiction 26 28.57%
Defiance 21 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 6 Jan 2009, 06:05   #1
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of
Round 30 Name Competition

Time to vote for next rounds name, so pick your favorite(s)

Previous round names:
Round 29 - Illusions
Round 28 - Era of Hope
Round 27 - At Dawn They Sleep
Round 26 - Survival Instinct
Round 25 - Into The Darkness
Round 24 - Shattered Stars
Round 23 - Echoes Of The Past
Round 22 - Shards of Infinity
Round 21 - The Price of Victory
Round 20 - Orbital Shift
Round 19 - Endless Nights
Round 18 - The Endless Fight
Round 17 - The Shadows of Time
Round 16 - The End Of An Era
Round 15 - Struggle for Supremacy
Round 14 - An Empty Throne
Round 13 - The Illusion Of Truth
Round 12 - The Edge of Darkness
Round 11 - A Legend Reborn
Round 10.5 - The Awakening
Round 10 - Genesis
Round 9.5 - Resurrection
Round 9 - Redemption
Round 8 - The Final Legacy
Round 7 - Critical Diplomacy
Round 6 - First Encounters
Round 5 - The Price of Freedom
Round 4 - The Tides of War
Round 3 - The New Dawn
Round 2 - The Struggle For Power
Round 1 - The Beginning
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 07:33   #2
cha^
King of EMO

cha^ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 30 Name Competition

Universe at War due the 100limit will probably fit just nicely

Universal Chaos is okayish aswell.
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 07:43   #3
Truhatred

Truhatred is an unknown quantity at this point

The Age of Chaos
Truhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 09:20   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Distant Thunder.

[edit]Darkest Nightmare, Unholy Alliances, Universal Chaos and Universe at War are shit. "Let's find two random cool words and put them together". I would've voted for Defiance, Addiction and Sacrifice, but "Distant Thunder" has a nice ring to it (and actually makes some sense, as does Hidden Dangers).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 6 Jan 2009 at 11:33.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 10:51   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I miss At dawn they sleep

not

I would go for Distant Thunder aswell.
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 10:52   #6
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Hidden Dangers.
I wouldn't like to play a game named 'addiction'...
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 11:15   #7
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Hidden Dangers.
I wouldn't like to play a game named 'addiction'...
because it would be too correct ?

i voted unholy alliances
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 11:28   #8
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Addiction because were all addicted

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 13:01   #9
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

I voted Fall of Night; not because I thought it particularly outshone the others in what is imo a rather boring bunch, but simply because it would gives the erroneous impression that my last round Ruler of my last round planet - also The Fall OF Night conquered the whole universe
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 13:20   #10
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

I chose for defiance for obvious reasons.

I also checked two other boxes.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 13:25   #11
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
it would give the erroneous impression that my last round Ruler of my last round planet - also The Fall OF Night conquered the whole universe
I support Londo's conquest of the universe as I do every round!

ps I think that addiction strikes a little too close to home

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 13:42   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 13:50   #13
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Universe at war amuses me because it's a variation of CoD 5's name (world at war) - I hope it was intentional. I also voted Distant thunder and Defiance
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 14:35   #14
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

OMG you could vote more than once? fail on my behalf
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 14:36   #15
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
because the film with the same name out at the moment is good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Universe at war amuses me because it's a variation of CoD 5's name (world at war)
Again, Universe at war is already the name of another game and so lacks originality.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 16:08   #16
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

I hope "Universe At War" would resemble next round the most, but I'm afraid it will be more like "Unholy Alliances" or "Hidden Dangers"
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 16:21   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Ascendancy: bringing the Antichrist to your doorstep!
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 17:01   #18
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
?
Do you really want to know my reasons?
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 18:58   #19
Phantasm
Egotistical Megalomaniac

Phantasm is an unknown quantity at this point

Universal Chaos - cos chaos is always fun
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 19:18   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I voted for everyone
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 19:20   #21
Greendog
Royal Cheese Inspector

Greendog is an unknown quantity at this point

Defiance!

1) it is the name of my bike
2) Grrr. I just love the word (Defiance)
Rd 31: Pilot Officer of The Duxford Wing 1:7:10 [F-Crew]
Rd 32: Question of Time 9:9:8 [Violent Realm]
Rd 33: Daydreams of Being a Cylon 8:3:7 [F-Crew]
Rd 34: 25ft Tall Dog of Calvins imagination 4:9:11 [F-Crew]
Rd 35: Teh return of of Teh Dog 8:6:7 [F-Crew]
Greendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2009, 19:54   #22
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Addiction!

only reason i try so hard to be able to play next round is clearly because ive been addicted for 9 years
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 00:10   #23
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

we could have rnd 30: The one fiery isn't going to F*** up!

but then again i guess that would be false advertising

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 00:15   #24
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

There was a really good one from last round (I think) that almost made it, that they should have used...but I can't find the thread.

mz and I both agreed it was the best, but a search of the forum doesn't show anything

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 00:28   #25
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
There was a really good one from last round (I think) that almost made it, that they should have used...but I can't find the thread.

mz and I both agreed it was the best, but a search of the forum doesn't show anything
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...5&postcount=32
there probably
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 00:47   #26
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Distant Thunder really sounds like someone is farting next door...
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 03:42   #27
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
OMG you could vote more than once? fail on my behalf
Seems you can check more than one box

I went with Hidden Dangers and Unholy Alliances, i liked the hidden dangers one but only picked unholy alliances at random just to see if you could pick more than one nvm could have been worse, i could have picked distant thunder which as Makhil has already said "sounds like someone is farting next door..."

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 03:51   #28
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Cin, I think that's it. Could be from the round before though...

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2009, 04:09   #29
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Round 30 - Roidstaurant at the end of the universe.
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 13:42   #30
Bams
Virus Champion

Bams is an unknown quantity at this point

Addiction!
Bams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 14:46   #31
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Addiction is a shit name for a round. Sure; many people claim that the game is an addiction but that doesn't make it any good as a name for the ****ing round >.<
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 15:27   #32
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Actually, yeah, I agree with Kila. Addiction is a shit round name.
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 17:53   #33
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Actually, yeah, I agree with Kila. Addiction is a shit round name.
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 17:55   #34
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

kila is right. Darkest Nightmare is much more relevant. Or maybe Distant Thunder.... no wait, Unholy Alliances! yeah, that one is better

Quote:
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 17:59   #35
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

they're ALL better than Addiction.
Unread 8 Jan 2009, 18:16   #36
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

the bottom line is that "Roidstaurant at the end of the universe" isn't in the runnings, so nothing is going to be nearly as good.

Quote:
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2009, 10:09   #37
Makhil

i got the name for r31: Online Game
shittier than Addiction, even worse than Endless Nights (if the first night is endless there can't be another one...)
Unread 12 Jan 2009, 10:50   #38
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

looks like addiction is going to win
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2009, 02:49   #39
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

"FU CK you omac" is a better name

all ppl actually paying for the round is getting owned for nothing

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote