User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Nov 2006, 02:13   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[No spoilers!]Has anyone seen The Prestige?

**Please do not post spoilers**

I saw it this evening.

Ordinarily it's not a film that would catch my attention, but a friend wanted to see it so I went along with her. I'd seen no trailers for it, and had no information about it before seeing it other than that it was set at the turn of the last centurary and was about rival magicians.

Thank god she asked me to go - it's one of the best films I've seen for a long time. It can be a little confusing (there are three timelines going on), but it will make you think and has plenty of twists, turns, a surprising fantasy element, and a genuinely unusual ending.

The themes of rivalry and obsession are also very well done, and the attention to detail, costume and set design, and quality of acting are generally very good.

The one thing I would say is that you do have to pay attention at all times. There are hints dropped throughout the film, but there are also red herrings. I saw it as an intricate and well crafted peice of story telling - however, if you don't like being made to think then you'll probably find it overly complicated.

I'd reccomend it.
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 05:50   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [No spoilers!]Has anyone seen The Prestige?

Generally very good, but I had mixed feelings towards it.

On the one hand, the cast is brilliant (although Bales accent was laughable, at least at first and Johansen's wasn't much better), it's well made and the script was generally good. The way it's presented (multiple layers, different time periods, different perspectives) was original for a major Hollywood movie and helped maintain interest. It's not the shortest of movies but I didn't find it dragged at all.

However, I thought it got rather silly and the climax (once you had been given certain information) wasn't that surprising. Indeed, many of the latter "twists" are far less clever than the film seems to think they are and are in fact bloody obvious (yet the film when it reveals them still thinks it's performing some kind of trick).

Perhaps I was merely unfortunate that my towering intellect surmised what was going on too early but given that the person I saw it with had the same problem I doubt that.

Despite this, I would definitely recommend people see it, it's enjoyable and superior to most movies I've seen lately.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 16:36   #3
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

I absolutely loved it, i saw a trailer for it and thought oh i may aswell go see that, its not the type of film i usually watch at the cinema, but im glad i did goto see it, it was fantastic! I kind of picked up on the last twist alot before the end, but it didnt spoil the film when it happened, id definately goto see it again.
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 17:38   #4
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

I haven't seen it yet but I will soon.
I liked Christopher Nolans previous movies alot. (Memento and Batman Begins)
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote