User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Oct 2006, 14:18   #251
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A request to angels HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
sigh. seems like you are forcing it m8. There isn't much I can say to retort, as you have not done anything stupid in PA for a while.
That would be a first

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 14:37   #252
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Chika used the word 'retort'
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 14:54   #253
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

wow KJ is posting alot more! also Alki is in my name so fu
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 15:32   #254
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
wow KJ is posting alot more!
Well ... for 0 to some is indeed 'alot more'

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Oct 2006, 07:57   #255
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
Says it all really, the biggest known cheat in the history of Planetarion is his friend.

Does elviz agree with this I wonder ?
Do you even know Elviz or Killmark?

I hate people who really have no clue and still comment.

You judge people on the few stories you hear and then assume the worst is true. You may not have a lot to judge these people on,but try to remember like all internet sources not everything on these boards are correct or true.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 08:18   #256
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not sure exactly what's going on in this thread but are you trying to argue that killmark slipped and fell and accidentally created a bot army two rounds in a row? You might be saying something slightly more sensible though.
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 08:49   #257
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'm not sure exactly what's going on in this thread but are you trying to argue that killmark slipped and fell and accidentally created a bot army two rounds in a row? You might be saying something slightly more sensible though.
There's definately more to it, but that probably doesn't make what was done much better, but things can change, can't they?

I bet Elviz didn't slip and fall either. Last round, not r2, when I was sixteen.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 08:53   #258
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

The old 'My cheat's better than your cheat' argument.
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 10:32   #259
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

People dislike them, not because they are or aren't nice people, it's because at a time when cheating wasn't meant to be part of the game and people had got to grips with it, they both cheated in a way which affected the top rankings on more than one occaision.

I couldn't give a toss whether either are nice people or not, the fact is they both gave a negative contribution to the game.
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 11:05   #260
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I couldn't give a toss whether either are nice people or not, the fact is they both gave a negative contribution to the game.
Very true.

Then again, Account sharing doesn't make you any better then creating 500 bots. both is considered cheating and there isn't a greater or lesser wrong in cheating.
And who on these boards can honnestly say he has never so far in this game given his logon details to someone else or vica versa etc mmm?
I reckon in r1-3 it was common behavior really.

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Oct 2006, 11:07   #261
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
And who on these boards can honnestly say he has never so far in this game given his logon details to someone else or vica versa etc mmm?
I can. Such people with a spotless record do exist.
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 11:27   #262
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
I can. Such people with a spotless record do exist.
Well, I'm sure they exist but I doubt it will be many.

Then again, you did other fkups so ... you're not spotless

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Oct 2006, 12:48   #263
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
There's definately more to it, but that probably doesn't make what was done much better, but things can change, can't they?

I bet Elviz didn't slip and fall either. Last round, not r2, when I was sixteen.
Sure, but rumad seemed to be implying that either elviz's or killmark's past records were actually different to the commonly accepted viewpoint.

Quote:
Very true.

Then again, Account sharing doesn't make you any better then creating 500 bots. both is considered cheating and there isn't a greater or lesser wrong in cheating.
I reckon in r1-3 it was common behavior really.
To be honest creating 500 bots is much worse than account sharing. Much like killing 500 people is worse than killing one (and no for the love of god I'm not comparing the two). It really depends on what you actually do. Both of them are rules but they were introduced for the reason of making the game fairer. So if I created 500 bots but all they did was initiate roids and launch attacks at random and build ships and I didn't use them as support and didn't farm them it would be better than if I account-shared with my top-ranked friend and between us guaranteed 24 hour online coverage for both our accounts. Equally if I logged in to my friend's account just to check the details of a birthday present he asked me to get for his girlfriend as he was stuck in work and they were in his pa journal it'd be far better than if I created 500 planets and launched gal raids with them every night taking the choice targets for my main planet. Logically we can then see that using 500 planets in the "worst" way possible is worse than using 2 planets in the "worst" way possible. For while both are against the rules the extent of the crime, if you will, still differs.
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 14:51   #264
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I haven't .o/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 15:18   #265
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I haven't .o/
Me neither. I only played this game since round 12, though.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 15:54   #266
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I haven't .o/
thats a lie gate :P you gave me them in round 13 to recall an attack for you so your fleet didnt get wtfpwned

15:6 ftw :P

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 16:20   #267
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Account sharing doesn't make you any better then creating 500 bots. both is considered cheating and there isn't a greater or lesser wrong in cheating.
?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 10:55   #268
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
Yes, I'm sure you've mastered the skill of reading ...
As usual a pointless reply from you.

To JBG: If you murder 1 person or 500 persons, in the end you're guilty of murder. The quantity only decides the consequences.

It's like speeding ... if I drive 30mph or 100mph too fast, in the end I'm driving too fast and my penalty will depend on the speed.

JGB, mind you that I'm NOT discussing the moral question here. This is just a game, we're not talking about life threatening situations, we're also not talking about any serious manipulation on the life of a human being (worst case is that the user stops playing PA).

Both Killmark as Elviz as anyone who account shared, broke the rules. EACH should be punished. The punishment itself depends on the severity of the act.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Oct 2006, 11:28   #269
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

To JBG: If you murder 1 person or 500 persons, in the end you're guilty of murder. The quantity only decides the consequences.

It's like speeding ... if I drive 30mph or 100mph too fast, in the end I'm driving too fast and my penalty will depend on the speed.

JGB, mind you that I'm NOT discussing the moral question here. This is just a game, we're not talking about life threatening situations, we're also not talking about any serious manipulation on the life of a human being (worst case is that the user stops playing PA).

Both Killmark as Elviz as anyone who account shared, broke the rules. EACH should be punished. The punishment itself depends on the severity of the act.
But isn't the punishment itself the indicator of which crime is worse than another one?
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 11:31   #270
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

you said the exact opposite in the post i quoted ... or are you just being an idiot? surely if the punishment depends on the severity of the crime then YES, there is a greater and lesser wrong in cheating, as in, a small scale account sharing is not as BAD (not a defence, but more like saying y is worse than x here) as building a huge bot army.
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 11:31   #271
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Now you just agreed with JBG and jer! Consequences depend on the severity of the act, hence the one crime is worse then the other!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 11:46   #272
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
But isn't the punishment itself the indicator of which crime is worse than another one?
Is it? Each person would decide what he finds is the proper punishment. It's a moral question and varies from person to person.

You might e.g. find speeding very bad, I might think it's not so bad. Therefor we both would sentence a different punishment. Hence in your case it would appear that his crime was worse then when I would've punished him.

This obviously applies to real life issues ... PA is a game. In the context of a game, cheating is probably the worst possible 'crime' and everyone would punish a cheater differently, hence the punishment imo isn't a global indicator, it's a personal issue.

FA Gaming community

Last edited by Kjeldoran; 19 Oct 2006 at 11:53.
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 11:51   #273
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Now you just agreed with JBG and jer! Consequences depend on the severity of the act, hence the one crime is worse then the other!
To both Jer as Stoom:

No, consequences depend on what YOU/the judge thinks and values the severity of your crime. Who are you, or any person, to say which crime should be worse then another?

That's the point of my post. YOU might feel x is worse then y ... it doesn't mean that anyone else does, so the punishment hardly represents what everyone thinks. It represents what the PUNISHER thinks.

Anway Jer, I don't see why I'd bother replying to your post because every single one of them is like a 'conversation killer' for several reasons.
It's asif you're trying to not understand what I write ... maybe if you put effort into it, you might see where I'm going.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Oct 2006, 11:58   #274
jerome

both of my last replies to you were questions so how were they conversation killers
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 12:04   #275
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
both of my last replies to you were questions so how were they conversation killers
Well yes, saying "you said this or else you're an idiot" does encourage me to continue having a mature conversation with you ...

Also a line containing an abusive amount of '?' and '!' ALSO encourages me to do my best etc ...

Mind you with conversation, I mean a mature discussion/arguement.

FA Gaming community

Unread 19 Oct 2006, 12:13   #276
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
To both Jer as Stoom:

No, consequences depend on what YOU/the judge thinks and values the severity of your crime. Who are you, or any person, to say which crime should be worse then another?

That's the point of my post. YOU might feel x is worse then y ... it doesn't mean that anyone else does, so the punishment hardly represents what everyone thinks. It represents what the PUNISHER thinks.

Anway Jer, I don't see why I'd bother replying to your post because every single one of them is like a 'conversation killer' for several reasons.
It's asif you're trying to not understand what I write ... maybe if you put effort into it, you might see where I'm going.

rgds Kj
There is no right or wrong. Only a public opinion.
And alot of other opinions Ofc.
Public opinion seems to be that creating 500 bots is worse than account sharing.
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2006, 13:37   #277
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
To both Jer as Stoom:

That's silly, you can use that logic to claim cheating isn't a crime making this entire conversation and line of reasoning irrelevant. However if you accept the premise (cheating is wrong) and logic (doing something bad often is worse than doing it once) you come to our conclusion (cheating to a greater extent is worse than cheating to a lesser extent). This is descriptive ethics instead of prescriptive ethics! If you don't accept the premise I'm not exactly sure what you're doing in both this thread and this game.