User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Closed Thread
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 15:41   #1
Armand-[79th]
LM GIMP!!

Armand-[79th] is an unknown quantity at this point
Legio Mortis Recruiting

Are you looking for a friendly Alliance that can help you progress and give you the support you need?
Then come down to our IRC chnl #mortis and have a word with our officers.
All we require from you is Activity IRC Usage and the desire to Progress.
R19 - Legio Mortis, HC
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 15:43   #2
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold
Re: Legio Mortis Recruiting

nice one m8
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 18:27   #3
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I seem to be saying this alot on these forums recently but come on guys you need to sell your alliances better. We are currently in a round where alot of good established alliances are struggling to get members let alone new alliances yet any new alliances recruitment post reads almost the same. They are bland, generic and dont really sell your alliance.

Your recruitment post shouldnt be saying "this is just another waste of space alliance with no real leadership and thus no prospects" but should instead be saying to people "this alliance has something about it, its an alliance that has a future and an alliance that deserves my membership"

And i'm sure your alliance probally has something going for it, if you and your fellow hc have decided to start an alliance you must feel that you either
a) have experiance and skills in pa
b) have experiance and skills in other games that is transferable
c) have some rl experiance and skills that are transfeable

So if you want members sell yourself, show you have sunstance and your be a cut above other such new alliances and give you a real chance.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 18:33   #4
Armand-[79th]
LM GIMP!!

Armand-[79th] is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, we was getting to that, but felt a basic post would suffice in the meantime.
R19 - Legio Mortis, HC
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 18:42   #5
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

You F-crew types would do well to remember your roots.
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 19:14   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowly
You F-crew types would do well to remember your roots.
If I was forgetting my roots I wouldnt be spending my time trying to get these recruitment posts improved. There are some real issues appearing for alliances who take on new players as theres too many alliances for the amount of players available to them and the good work on increasing the depth and providing good places for new players looks like it could take a real hit if some of these alliances go under.

As such we need alliances trying to recruit, especially new alliances to really be showing themselves worthwhile to join so that players whom could help another useful alliance survive arent wasted on a no hoper. Genertic posts that we keep seeing on these dont allow this, it provides nothing whatso ever for players looking for an alliance to decide if the alliance is worthwhile or not.

Already this alliance have shown that they probally have more going for them than most of them making these generic posts as they have acknowledged the advice and hopefully they will prove that further when they make a more indepth reply to this thread or create a new thread.

Anything which makes the potentially good alliances stand out and not slip through the cracks is good for the game.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 19:30   #7
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
We are currently in a round where alot of good established alliances are struggling to get members let alone new alliances yet any new alliances recruitment post reads almost the same. They are bland, generic and dont really sell your alliance.

Your recruitment post shouldnt be saying "this is just another waste of space alliance with no real leadership and thus no prospects" but should instead be saying to people "this alliance has something about it, its an alliance that has a future and an alliance that deserves my membership"
Your post does have some valid points, but what are the reasons behind it.
Perhaps you just want all new players to join F-Crew and therefore downgrade other recruitment threads.
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 19:54   #8
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirikk
Perhaps you just want all new players to join F-Crew and therefore downgrade other recruitment threads.
I hardly need to stoop to such underhand tactics to recruit players. Take a few mins to ask around about myself and your quickly learn that while most long term players have a distinct focus on the upper echalons of the game I've always choosen to focus on the lower end of the game. In my eyes the key to this games success relies on the lower end of the game and i'm alwasys one of few fighting the small guys corner when ideas are being proposed that would have a negative effect on them.

All I want is a strong lower end of the game which provides the foundations for a strong game and that at times requires giving constructive critism as well as fighting for their cause
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 19:57   #9
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough

Its true wakey is always there standing up for us smaller people and his advice in AR is always helpful and theres normally a good luck on the end of it in all fairness
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 20:07   #10
Zirikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I hardly need to stoop to such underhand tactics to recruit players. Take a few mins to ask around about myself and your quickly learn that while most long term players have a distinct focus on the upper echalons of the game I've always choosen to focus on the lower end of the game. In my eyes the key to this games success relies on the lower end of the game and i'm alwasys one of few fighting the small guys corner when ideas are being proposed that would have a negative effect on them.
heh Well I do believe you didn't post for selfish reasons. And I do know you. I believe we have even discussed in the past. Might have been r14 when you landed in the same galaxy with me. Rabba(fakenick Reveenka) was GC in that gal.

But you still could have made your post in PM.
Unread 18 Oct 2006, 22:46   #11
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
But you still could have made your post in PM.
True I could have and in the past I have given advice via pm but doing it like that has one major disadvantage and thats it only helps that single person. The hope is that anyone posting a recruitment thread has probally read AR before either when they were looking for an alliance or to get an idea of what to put in their own thread. As such you hope that instead of just helping that particular person it will ultimatly help a a few people produce useful recruitment posts that give pospective members more of an understanding of the alliance.

Also I also think it helps show which alliances are worthwhile, the responce here shows an activity and a desire to be better, where as ones where it doesnt even seem as if the poster is even checking the thread let alone taking advice on board perhaps tells you alot about the alliances potential.

Certainly if I was to leave F-Crew right now and decided I was going to join one of the unestablished alliances recruiting on this forum Legio Mortis would be right at the top of my list simply on the responces
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 20 Oct 2006, 13:06   #12
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
An appalling suggestion. wakey puts a hell of a lot of effort into trying to get alliances back on track after weak first posts, and demeaning him like this just makes you look bad. At the moment I'm checking AR once a day, and every time I see a poor thread wakey's already got their first to try to help them out.

Cudos to him for that.
Unread 20 Oct 2006, 13:37   #13
Zirikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
An appalling suggestion. wakey puts a hell of a lot of effort into trying to get alliances back on track after weak first posts, and demeaning him like this just makes you look bad.
I don't really know if I was demeaning anything. (Not sure what demeaning means) But I was trying to figure out why he made his post in this thread and not in PM or another thread.
Now I know that his intentions were all good.

Last edited by Zirikk; 20 Oct 2006 at 13:42.
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 15:42   #14
Zirikk

This thread is no longer needed.
As the alliance limits were increased and the playerbase is getting smaller all the time,
it seemed almost impossible for us to recruit new players.
After some hard thinking and discussions within HC, Legio Mortis made a decision to merge with Myth.
I hope it turns out good.
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 20:56   #15
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Duly noted. Best of luck guys, I hope it goes well with Myth.