User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Mar 2006, 12:53   #51
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: R17 Alliance limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Are you or are you not top5 PURELY and ONLY because you have more members? A simple yes or no is enough. That was my point, nothing else.
If you had 55 members like the rest, you wouldn't be top5.

That's a very simple and basic observation imo. This isn't meant as an insult or anything.
You said top10 in your post, so perhaps you should stop trying to move the goalposts.

Would we be top 5 without the extra members, from the raw figures no but we would be top10 that your initial post claimed we wouldnt be without the extra members. Although you cant actually answer the question properly because only having the 55 players that would get in if we were to impose elite alliance recruitment requirments that we would have to would see us being a much more efficient alliance as giving players a chance brings alot of baggage that you have to deal with that distract, draws resources from elsewhere ect
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2006, 13:06   #52
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
You said top10 in your post, so perhaps you should stop trying to move the goalposts.

Would we be top 5 without the extra members, from the raw figures no but we would be top10 that your initial post claimed we wouldnt be without the extra members. Although you cant actually answer the question properly because only having the 55 players that would get in if we were to impose elite alliance recruitment requirments that we would have to would see us being a much more efficient alliance as giving players a chance brings alot of baggage that you have to deal with that distract, draws resources from elsewhere ect
Well, my apologies for saying top10 while I meant top5 ( because I know F-crew is decent enough to be top10, without needing some rule so they can recruit more).

It's about making choices. Very simple. If you only can get 55 members then you need to make a choice whether you want 100% dedicated or instead helping newer members.

I'm not criticizing F-Crew, you've not done anything wrong and you do what's best for your alliance with the setup PA offered you. It is however the SETUP that I think is fked up and plain wrong.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 17:29   #53
BlueDemon

BlueDemon is on a distinguished road

Leave the cap the way it is.

Some have made a good point tho, in the fact that with the cap the way it is now, you have some alliances with less exp command teams.

A possible solution, as the alliance moves up in the rankings, they have to drop their membase numbers. Wave the 72 tics in between alliances for members dropped. Also, New alliances starting up, maybe do that at the beginning of each round. possibly locking them in so to speak. This should help to distribute some of the more experienced players into other alliances.
Not sure exactly how this would work out, but something worth discussing, imo

I'm sure you guys will show me where all the holes in this idea are.
BlueDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 18:13   #54
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
64 would be better! (It's rounded off too, just not in the traditional way. Penny to the first one to see it!)
10 in base64? 1000000 in binary? 40 in hexadecimal?

(PS 63 is rounded off too, in base 63)
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 18:16   #55
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Unread 8 Mar 2006, 19:49   #56
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDemon
A possible solution, as the alliance moves up in the rankings, they have to drop their membase numbers. Wave the 72 tics in between alliances for members dropped. Also, New alliances starting up, maybe do that at the beginning of each round. possibly locking them in so to speak. This should help to distribute some of the more experienced players into other alliances.
Not sure exactly how this would work out, but something worth discussing, imo

I'm sure you guys will show me where all the holes in this idea are.
You're saying that a successful alliance must lose members.

How on earth can this be a good thing? Either command gets kicked, loyal members get kicked or newbies get kicked....
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 22:13   #57
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
10 in base64? 1000000 in binary? 40 in hexadecimal?

(PS 63 is rounded off too, in base 63)
Hah, you're looking for something too advanced. It's way easier. (6+4=10!)

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2006, 22:50   #58
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

limit 64 for all alliances
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2006, 02:33   #59
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

just a random thought; if the allince limits were rock bottom low it wouldn't really nessicarly break up some of the larger alliances. For example say the limit was 50 and alliance 'x' would normally have 60 members they could just set up two alliances 30 members in each. They could still use the same irc chans, attacks and defence, an out of game forum and just work togther with keeping in-game forums and attacks etc up to date.... random thought i know, but it could be done fairly easily i think.
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 05:03   #60
Kesava

Kesava is an unknown quantity at this point

well if we goign to see a different type of pa next round i would say 80
but if enxt round goign to be like this round with xp whoring 60
but if we play with value rather i say we need atleast 80 ppl per alliance
Unread 10 Mar 2006, 06:58   #61
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

64 for everyone. Hooray.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 02:18   #62
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

I'm with the 50 members. And no exceptions what so ever!
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 15:07   #63
Fal
F-Crew BC

Fal is an unknown quantity at this point

Um, ok I'm just going to throw this out there, mainly to see what people think etc.
Set the base at 50 members
The base is dependent upon average score, Rated from the alliance with the highest average score.

For example, lets say an alliance had the highest at 5mil

An alliance with an average of 2.5mil would get a bonus of 50% members, making a maximum of 75 members, etc.

Before you reply, I haven't read deeply into this, so if this has been suggested already/seems stupid then fair enough lol

Oh and I guess this could only be instituted 100-200 ticks into the game since average scores would be to erractic to start with :/

Patience is a Virtue.... Procrastination is a Sin
Fal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2006, 22:01   #64
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 00:35   #65
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I vote for 80 members again like in r15
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 02:14   #66
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unread 17 Mar 2006, 03:50   #67
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

whatever the base is, there should be no exceptions imo
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 04:06   #68
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
whatever the base is, there should be no exceptions imo
agreed
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 06:25   #69
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

60/80 or 65/90 seems fine to me - but with only the highest 60 or 65 members of the alliance counted for alliance rank. All members would count for rank for the purpose of determining whether an alliance could recruit over the lower limit or not.
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 09:47   #70
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
60/80 or 65/90 seems fine to me - but with only the highest 60 or 65 members of the alliance counted for alliance rank. All members would count for rank for the purpose of determining whether an alliance could recruit over the lower limit or not.
mmm, I'd go for a fixed limit, very every alliance. No exceptions, nothing. What that limit is (50-90) doesn't bother me, aslong as it's the same for everyone.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 12:14   #71
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

69 / 96 Ftw!

Edit: Ok, maybe 96 is too high, but 69 is perfect
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 13:26   #72
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

get rid of the limits alltogether?
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 13:40   #73
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hurrah, let's all join 1up/eXil/Angels and go back to old PA-style blocks!
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 13:41   #74
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point

1000 .
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 15:34   #75
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

let's make it 4 alliances max
- Pre-round determined HC
- official wars through options ingame
- fixed alliance only galaxy
- create a fifth alliance for the inactives and kicked members (up for abuse though)

etc etc

If I recall correctly, this has been suggested a couple of rounds ago?
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2006, 00:52   #76
Flyer
mmm R01D5

Flyer is an unknown quantity at this point