User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 30 Nov 2012, 12:29   #51
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of
Re: Cheating in Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
If a tree falls over in a forest, whilst no one is around, does it make a noise?
Of course not!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2012, 22:40   #52
Bible

Bible is an unknown quantity at this point

If a tree falls on forest, while people are around, the sound you hear is hooray
Bible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2012, 23:07   #53
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bible View Post
If a tree falls on forest, while people are around, the sound you hear is hooray
I tried to make up a joke like that the other day, but couldnt come up with one

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2012, 09:12   #54
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

I just landed guz to make sure app wont get top 3. Enjoy cheaters get what they deserve.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2012, 11:05   #55
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Pretty sure you'll have to kill a lot more to knock them out of top3
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2012, 13:47   #56
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
Pretty sure you'll have to kill a lot more to knock them out of top3
He meant a top3 planet, but yeah, entirely pointless crashing going on today, way more than any other round I've played tbh.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2012, 16:40   #57
guzlic

guzlic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
I just landed guz to make sure app wont get top 3. Enjoy cheaters get what they deserve.
I will tell you what you did, you made it impossible for your own planet to win.

All the fleets that are gonna crashland on him were planned to hit jintao, and crashland there, possibly giving Ony a win.

But instead you crash on a planet that has no chance of passing Ony, and then brag about it so much. That is what got Ony incs.

I'm not surprised tho, it is the kind of stupidity that everyone expects of ND, and I see you are happy to deliver !

Oh and btw, your crashing did nothing, i would not be t3 just the same if it didn't land !
guzlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2012, 20:19   #58
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Your cousins couldn't even make that happen guzlic?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2012, 11:42   #59
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

ok.. addressing several points ...

Yes LDK is remembered for the naughty things they did .. anyone remember the adjusted gal banners with LDC on them (lifeform designed to cheat), but take comfort in the fact they wont be forgotten, even if it is for the corruption, they were pretty much notorious for it.

I cant say my slate is clean on the early rounds, like most people then i planet sat occaisionally, my agreement to sit for someone was that i would not send attacks or intentional defence, i'd possibly set a resaerch going if one was needed and i spotted it, i would only keep an eye out for incomming hostiles and evacuate if needed, but for those who werent there at the time, if you had to be away in those days you were lucky to have a planet when you got back, there was no run and hide, no vacation mode, no way to safeguard your planet other than getting a sitter in, such things have no need to be done now, it was technically cheating, but i believe morally i was in the right place.
I never have concidered having a 2nd planet at all.
The other cheat that those of us from the early days did was the galaxy farm, when in those days you could not only defend ingal, you could attack too, galaxies could be private (invite only), so pretty much all those galaxies had a person who would just iniate asteroids for the rest of the galaxy to come and get, if you didnt you put yourselves at a disadvantage.

If you played rounds 1 thro 4/5 and claim you didnt do at least 1 of theese things, your fellow veterans will not believe you.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2012, 15:54   #60
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
ok.. addressing several points ...

Yes LDK is remembered for the naughty things they did .. anyone remember the adjusted gal banners with LDC on them (lifeform designed to cheat), but take comfort in the fact they wont be forgotten, even if it is for the corruption, they were pretty much notorious for it.

I cant say my slate is clean on the early rounds, like most people then i planet sat occaisionally, my agreement to sit for someone was that i would not send attacks or intentional defence, i'd possibly set a resaerch going if one was needed and i spotted it, i would only keep an eye out for incomming hostiles and evacuate if needed, but for those who werent there at the time, if you had to be away in those days you were lucky to have a planet when you got back, there was no run and hide, no vacation mode, no way to safeguard your planet other than getting a sitter in, such things have no need to be done now, it was technically cheating, but i believe morally i was in the right place.
I never have concidered having a 2nd planet at all.
The other cheat that those of us from the early days did was the galaxy farm, when in those days you could not only defend ingal, you could attack too, galaxies could be private (invite only), so pretty much all those galaxies had a person who would just iniate asteroids for the rest of the galaxy to come and get, if you didnt you put yourselves at a disadvantage.

If you played rounds 1 thro 4/5 and claim you didnt do at least 1 of theese things, your fellow veterans will not believe you.
when I first started pa in the first few rounds i was asked and given passwords to the whole gal all three rounds ... back in that day it seemed like sop
Unread 16 Dec 2012, 15:54   #61
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

i ofc didnt read the rules or really care i was new to the game ... didnt really play a whole whole lot
Unread 17 Dec 2012, 11:58   #62
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

90-99% cheated in the early rounds. Think that number is alot "better" these days.

The only thing I played for back then was to be highest ranked at my school - everyone cheated back then at my school, and we were all 13-15 years old, so our ethics werent the best.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2012, 14:21   #63
tobyy

tobyy is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm if people could use credits to have a 2nd planet, i wonder how many would
tobyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2012, 19:45   #64
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post

I did not use any method to cheat in any rounds of PA. So I think your claim here falls on its own merit.
Unread 17 Dec 2012, 22:09   #65
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

And we don't believe you, making her claim pretty much spot on.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2012, 08:31   #66
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Did you even play the first 3 rounds of PA kargool? I think cheating was at its peak in those rounds. I havent had multiple accounts since r3.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2012, 09:45   #67
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

i was a farm in round 1 for my cousin and his friends but that's bout it
Unread 18 Dec 2012, 18:09   #68
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
i was a farm in round 1 for my cousin and his friends but that's bout it
I still consider you a farm
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2012, 01:27   #69
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
I still consider you a farm
And on that farm he had a dog, ee i ee i ooh
Unread 19 Dec 2012, 05:33   #70
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That dog had an account too.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2012, 14:47   #71
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem with playing straight up is that you are at a disadvantage from the get go.

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2012, 00:47   #72
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Did you even play the first 3 rounds of PA kargool? I think cheating was at its peak in those rounds. I havent had multiple accounts since r3.
Yep, played r1-5, then went into the army and was back in r11.
Unread 20 Dec 2012, 00:48   #73
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
And we don't believe you, making her claim pretty much spot on.
Well, you clearly dont know me. But thats ok.
Unread 20 Dec 2012, 11:56   #74
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Well, you clearly dont know me. But thats ok.
I'm sure Cardi can find plenty of people that know him that will say he isn't a cheat as well.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 20 Dec 2012, 12:14   #75
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I see no particular reason to disbelieve Kargool when he says he never cheated.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 20 Dec 2012, 12:20   #76
Shev
So what?

And I believe Cardi when he says he has never cheated.

OK, even I can't keep a straight face and say that one, but talking about knowing people as a method to determine honesty on an anonymous internet forum is absurd.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 20 Dec 2012, 12:27   #77
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The PA forums are not anonymous. They're pseudonymous. We know Kargool by reputation, even if we don't have a homing beacon on his physical person. There is nothing in his reputation that suggests he's cheated in the past, other than statistics: many people cheated in the early rounds. I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt, though.
Unread 20 Dec 2012, 12:28   #78
Shev
So what?

A fair point. And I am experiencing some odd feelings of deja vu.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Unread 20 Dec 2012, 12:33   #79
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I guess that account sharing was very common along RL friends, and i dont think everyone looked at that as cheating. Having multible accounts was known by most as cheating. I never had multible accounts, but i had login details of friends, and i used vnc about 2-3 times to launch fleets before i dtarted playing the game with PL

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2012, 13:02   #80
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Alot of people also believe that humans haven't been on the moon yet. Probably a few out there that even think the moon itself doesn't exist.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2012, 13:26   #81
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Good to see nothing has changed here

carry on pls
Unread 28 Dec 2012, 05:15   #82
sepa

sepa is an unknown quantity at this point

LDK was a b*tch in r4...When one logged on, they ALL logged on...
sepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2013, 03:16   #83
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I shouldn't really be surprised about this. Back in the early 2000s I was always an advocate of how the alliances LDK and eXilition had prolific cheaters.

As for myself, I may have let someone access my account to move ships or some such (whilst I was at work) during some very early rounds (r2/r3 namely). I think r4 was completely clean, though Lokken may remember.

I know that categorically I never did anything wrong from r5 onwards throughout the rest of my span and during my tenure as Executive/HC didn't tolerate it.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 2013, 01:47   #84
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

props to CBA for saying this. also lol at people on the first page trying to attack him for it.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jul 2013, 11:58   #85
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

and also, lol at your face.

the way you get rule-raped when playing with a friend on the same ip restricts your ability to play pa in a normal way. Having multiple accounts actually makes it easier to play 'together'.

I've been around since r2 with some short breaks of a round or 2. It's not like Apprime is the only alliance with a few people having a second account. You can compare this to the witchhunt on armstrong while most people did exactly the same. And just like with epo, if you are shit it doesnt make you much better.

I think that is the main problem here, hate because you are shitter at cheating, however a cheater is still a cheater. bitch pls
Unread 24 Jul 2013, 14:40   #86
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post

the way you get rule-raped when playing with a friend on the same ip restricts your ability to play pa in a normal way. Having multiple accounts actually makes it easier to play 'together'.

I've been around since r2 with some short breaks of a round or 2. It's not like Apprime is the only alliance with a few people having a second account. You can compare this to the witchhunt on armstrong while most people did exactly the same. And just like with epo, if you are shit it doesnt make you much better.

I think that is the main problem here, hate because you are shitter at cheating, however a cheater is still a cheater. bitch pls
Cain is correct.

I just wanted to highlight the fact App were still cheating a huge amount... Perhaps in comparison to the other allies...

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2013, 07:09   #87
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Cain is correct.

I just wanted to highlight the fact App were still cheating a huge amount... Perhaps in comparison to the other allies...
cheating for me is really frustrating just due to the fact that it seems everyone has some tips or tricks, APP being the best at it ... from trying to down bots to multi cousins ... and they dont exactly try to hide it. If someone in ND is caught cheating Cat will have a fit ... is that saying I've never cheated no ... One round there was a whole group of EU who had no access to PA and I was going to crash due to it, many people complaining ... so I asked MH to help me, no responses so I let them know hey im online I dont want my fleets to be here and no one is on to help me im going to ask someone to recall for me. Both myself and the other were closed for it. Sad thing is I doubt they would have ever known had I not tried to do it the right way.

Cheating really kills a game with such a small player base, and in this rounds case cheating may have brought about the final round of PA
Unread 25 Jul 2013, 09:19   #88
on99

on99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
cheating for me is really frustrating just due to the fact that it seems everyone has some tips or tricks, APP being the best at it ... from trying to down bots to multi cousins ... and they dont exactly try to hide it. If someone in ND is caught cheating Cat will have a fit ... is that saying I've never cheated no ... One round there was a whole group of EU who had no access to PA and I was going to crash due to it, many people complaining ... so I asked MH to help me, no responses so I let them know hey im online I dont want my fleets to be here and no one is on to help me im going to ask someone to recall for me. Both myself and the other were closed for it. Sad thing is I doubt they would have ever known had I not tried to do it the right way.

Cheating really kills a game with such a small player base, and in this rounds case cheating may have brought about the final round of PA
The game is utterly boring.

The only thing that makes me sign up round after round are the friends i made over the years.

Like Cain says: cheaters are cheaters, even if there are so many others doing so, it doesn't makes it any better. In some rounds, i really had some doubts about some players, random retals or defence on random planets. Pretty weird. But what can we do? It is so easy to create multiple accounts. Those with a little bit of knowledge can use VPN/remote desktop or proxies or even multiple phones to login. It happens, but it is just sad.
on99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2013, 11:03   #89
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by on99 View Post
Those with a little bit of knowledge can use VPN/remote desktop or proxies or even multiple phones to login. It happens, but it is just sad.
Spammer attempted the muliple phones and seriously failed!
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2013, 11:09   #90
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The point is that unlike 10 years ago, you no longer require technical knowledge in order to be able to multi successfully. Everyone has a 3G-capable phone nowadays. If you also have a tablet, that's 3 accounts right there. All it takes is bit of discipline: only connect to your phone and/or tablet accounts with WLAN disabled. No more VNC, no more remote desktop, no botting software. You just need a phone.
Unread 25 Jul 2013, 11:39   #91
on99

on99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The point is that unlike 10 years ago, you no longer require technical knowledge in order to be able to multi successfully. Everyone has a 3G-capable phone nowadays. If you also have a tablet, that's 3 accounts right there. All it takes is bit of discipline: only connect to your phone and/or tablet accounts with WLAN disabled. No more VNC, no more remote desktop, no botting software. You just need a phone.
True. It isn't that hard if you really want to multi. Not only 3g phones or tablets, but what about the phone from work, you man or misses her phone. I don't think it is bad to name it all, cheaters already tried them out but i'm not sure how the multihunters can trace them or how they should. If you are really that dedicated, i don't think others will notice you are having multiple accounts.
on99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2013, 11:43   #92
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post

If your alliance were doing this solely as a workaround for players who live together or occasionally use the same ip then you could at least put this forward as an attempted justification. But you aren't. You're just creating multi planets and flat out cheating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain
I've been around since r2 with some short breaks of a round or 2. It's not like Apprime is the only alliance with a few people having a second account.
We're not talking about historical cases here. As wishmaster mentioned on the first page, most people have grown up a bit since playing their first round of planetarion.

Quote:
You can compare this to the witchhunt on armstrong while most people did exactly the same. And just like with epo, if you are shit it doesnt make you much better.

I think the main problem here is you cheating. A desire to compare yourself with a delusional narcissist who cheated his way to victory probably isn't your best get out. Especially when he can at least claim to have cheated in service of attaining something corruptible (fame and fortune). What did you cheat for? To get on the pawiki as soon as someone cares enough to bother updating it? Perhaps cheating was so pervasive in cycling that his victory was still in some sense legitimate. But if you want to suggest that your cheating is essentially redundant because everyone else is doing it then can you tell us exactly who these other players are?
Unread 26 Jul 2013, 09:18   #93
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Sure i could tell who those 'cheaters' are, like i said i have been around for some time. However, why would i bother to do so? I thought we had a MH team doing a semi decent job who are unable to reason with (even when they are wrong).

They seem to have managed to close me quite a few times of which i didn't cheat over half of the cases. They don't need proof to close a planet and yet.. they won't close planets of which stevie wonder could see its a multi and what specific player it's a multi for.

And yes most people have grown up and don't hardcore cheat anymore. But let me repeat myself again, cheating happens in every ally. You just have to look at the people who still care enough / are active enough to go for a top (100?) planet. They are the only ones who really benefit from a defplanet, shipdonation, roidfarm.

Maybe the "we all dont give a shit" mentality in Apprime makes certain members admit we actually have second planets, while in other alliances people are afraid to do so because it would hurt their position in the alliance. Imagine a good player joining a shit alliance and getting his dick sucked daily for having such a good planet. Admit cheating = less dicksucking, never a good thing.
Unread 26 Jul 2013, 11:35   #94
oil

Quote:
Sure i could tell who those 'cheaters' are, like i said i have been around for some time. However, why would i bother to do so? I thought we had a MH team doing a semi decent job who are unable to reason with (even when they are wrong).

They seem to have managed to close me quite a few times of which i didn't cheat over half of the cases. They don't need proof to close a planet and yet.. they won't close planets of which stevie wonder could see its a multi and what specific player it's a multi for.

And yes most people have grown up and don't hardcore cheat anymore. But let me repeat myself again, cheating happens in every ally. You just have to look at the people who still care enough / are active enough to go for a top (100?) planet. They are the only ones who really benefit from a defplanet, shipdonation, roidfarm.
No one's saying we have good multi hunters or that they're going to do anything to the people you name. You've already admitted cheating in a thread where someone outed you for it and I'm guessing no one's done anything to any of your players yet either. You're just being asked to give the names of people who you allege are cheating on a scale similar to yourselves so that your comment about "wahh everyone else does it so it doesn't even count" doesn't look so crap.

Quote:
Maybe the "we all dont give a shit" mentality in Apprime makes certain members admit we actually have second planets, while in other alliances people are afraid to do so because it would hurt their position in the alliance. Imagine a good player joining a shit alliance and getting his dick sucked daily for having such a good planet. Admit cheating = less dicksucking, never a good thing.
Maybe the "we all don't give a shit" mentality in Apprime would sound like a bit less of a joke if:

1: Your alliance didn't consist of one of the most active (i.e. care hard) groups of players in the game.
2: You weren't second to only asc players in frequency of saying you don't care at every opportunity you get, to anyone who will listen.
3: You didn't set up elaborate super nerd operations in order to hack your way to victory (unless you had to hit ult or something).
4: You hadn't waited until being publicly outed for it by one of your members before admitting it.
5: You hadn't come on here and thrown out every possible excuse you could think of in order to make you look less terrible.
Unread 26 Jul 2013, 14:07   #95
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Yeah! Ascendancy super doesn't care! EAT SHIT APPRIME!
Unread 26 Jul 2013, 14:17   #96
oil

that was SUPER funny lol
Unread 26 Jul 2013, 16:37   #97
Cain
Awesome

i'm sorry but i think i only gave short responses? I dont really read the whole posts either, cba cause im not caring enough.

I don't get what all the crying is about, people cheated in some rounds, in other rounds they didn't. They got reported, they got closed. If they didn't get closed there was no proof so stop crying about it and get the sand out of your vagina.

Also, we still dont give a shit. When you are the best it's just hard to care about what ppl say who never achieved any decent spot in pa back in the days ppl were still actually playing

Calm down!
Unread 27 Jul 2013, 14:44   #98
oil

Great post, bit short on names you were asked for but glad to hear you don't care or something. Good luck with your continued lack of caring/alarm setting/dedicated cheating combo.
Unread 28 Jul 2013, 19:05   #99
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
But you need to be in the same alliance, or arrange a nap between your alliance and the one your multi is in. That means most of the time the HC knows who is cheating because they are the ones who control such things. Really, cheating is more impractical than hard these days.

In a normal round maybe you have room for 5 of those planets in Apprime or other big alliances, tag limits, contributing score and other things make them pretty insignificant to be honest. The word "cousin" in App is a much broader term than just multi, there are/were plenty of people with 1 account playing as "cousins". It really just means def planet.

I played a cousin planet in Apprime in r51, and there are plenty of people in ND who play "cousin-like", always defending. Overall it's my opinion that cheating has very little influence on the game right now.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2013, 21:11   #100
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

2 players are better than 1 no matter how many planets are involved, unless them 2 players are thick as shit.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote