User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 15 Nov 2008, 21:52   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Grudges

Well well well.... PA + Grudges.. Does this still exist, do people like to hit people for hitting that persons sake, i.e. go for same person everyround, history between too.

What about alliances? i dont think allys hold grudes much anymore, i mean even from this round who really has a grudge on you, everyone says it at the time but now every would prefer to sit out of anything then actually do something.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2008, 22:20   #2
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Re: Grudges

Grudges will always exist, it's part of the human nature
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2008, 02:30   #3
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

If TGV still existed, it would hit elviz at the first opportunity....
ofc it doesn't but since it tryed only last round it probably counts, nothing has changed fundamentally in the meantime. Holding grudges as alliances doesnt make political sense but that will never actually stop it happening as grudges are fundamentally irrational.
Unread 16 Nov 2008, 02:57   #4
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

In ROCK we try to setup attacks on Wakey and/or Kargool if they are not in fenced gals. So yes, grudges do exist.
Unread 16 Nov 2008, 11:50   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No, I see few (if any) grudges between alliances.

Back in the day there were so many people playing this game that it was impossible to know them all. It is easier to "hate" someone (I don't believe in genuine hatred on the internet) when you don't personally know them. Nowadays, with the size of the Planetarion community decimated, I see few grudges between alliances.

There is also the matter of alliance switching. Many people change allegiance almost every round, and thus have friends in many alliances. This contributes to the above argument, but also to the reverse of it. Alliances consist of people from all manners of descent, so they're less capable of forming a unified front. An alliance consisting of people primarily from a TGV/CT/ND background will be unlikely to develop a grudge against any of those alliances.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2008, 17:03   #6
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Usually members dont hold grudges. its their HCs that hold grudges against eachother and lead/mislead their members into believing the same as they do. They set up their attacks and members follows
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2008, 20:20   #7
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

I have always held a certain dislike for Fury...
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2008, 22:27   #8
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
Usually members dont hold grudges. its their HCs that hold grudges against eachother and lead/mislead their members into believing the same as they do. They set up their attacks and members follows
I disagree, I've certainly seen cases HCs trying to dissuade member's grudges. It's hard to generalize to be honest, because different grudges will form for different reasons.

To the OP: I think grudges definitely do still exist. Certain individuals are fake nicking because they fear being P-targetted, and therefore are afraid that others hold grudges against them.

Edit: To clarify, I think there is a difference between group vs group, group vs individual and individual vs individual grudges. Group (alliances) grudges are perhaps more subdued these days, because as mz said, alliance member bases have a lot of cross-pollination. Individual type grudges are probably just as fierce as ever though.

Last edited by ellonweb; 16 Nov 2008 at 22:39.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 11:26   #9
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Tbfh, people who hold grudges on irc are generally unhappy individuals, they hold grudges because of a need to outwardly express their anger they feel towards their own lives.

Alot of people hold grudges against me, therefore i quietly lol, and poke them some moar
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 12:09   #10
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Well well well.... PA + Grudges.. Does this still exist, do people like to hit people for hitting that persons sake, i.e. go for same person everyround, history between too.

What about alliances? i dont think allys hold grudes much anymore, i mean even from this round who really has a grudge on you, everyone says it at the time but now every would prefer to sit out of anything then actually do something.
Yes, im suiciding on you at the last day
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 13:30   #11
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Tbfh, people who hold grudges on irc are generally unhappy individuals, they hold grudges because of a need to outwardly express their anger they feel towards their own lives.

Alot of people hold grudges against me, therefore i quietly lol, and poke them some moar
There's a difference between holding a grudge against you and just generally disliking you. I'm pretty sure everyone dislikes you.
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 14:20   #12
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

I like JungleMuffin
Unread 9 Dec 2008, 21:22   #13
SUFC
IhQdAA

SUFC will become famous soon enoughSUFC will become famous soon enough

I dunno where ppl are in uni altho i don't have any bad feelings any of them.
R26 - Denial
R25 - VGN
R24 - VGN
R23 - ASS
SUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 05:08   #14
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I can speak from personal experience and say "no".

Having been a pretty strong opponent of Wishmaster in PIA, and now having played in a galaxy with him (and elviz!) and in Asc with him for a few rounds now, there's (imo) no grudges in PA anymore.

Case/point.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2008, 08:31   #15
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post

smartass! people seem to forget its irc really. i find people now and then that doesnt reply on my PMs just because ive said something bad to them earlier. Or if i disagreed with them on the forums!
could be months even since it was said, but they refuse to forget. Sadly for me, ive said, and still say a lot of shit!
so grudges exists in a pretty wide scale!

Personally i can safely say right now i dont hold grudges against anyone except one or two persons in real-life, and i encourage everyone to just drop whatever lame reason they have for hating someone on irc. come on.
Theres a difference between disagreeing and avoiding eachother for some time, but i think its childish to moan and cry over it forever.

This is definately Holier than thou! (i learned that expression last night)
but that doesnt mean people shouldnt read it and think it over, as the community is getting pretty small
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2008, 10:30   #16
anthony//m

anthony//m is an unknown quantity at this point

in the last round we (castas canons) were at war with hells fury(alliance), and if i get a chance to hit them hard next round then i will. so grudges "yeh" they do exist!!
anthony//m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2008, 10:39   #17
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Grudges do happen on a more personal level than an alliance level i thnk CBA, theres no more eternal wars, no more X v's X every round, but HC change alot more often now than the early days which might well be the cause of that.

I've allways quoted Dingo (the one thing he said thats made any sense thats stuck with me over the years) "I dont have to like them, i just have to work with them" on the personal gudge matter.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2008, 12:35   #18
cha^
King of EMO

cha^ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
"I dont have to like them, i just have to work with them"
Smart words..
Unread 30 Dec 2008, 16:06   #19
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

I dont think theres anyone I couldnt play with. But there used to be some people who made imo more damage to the game than good.(Ruined atmosphere and didnt add any huge opponental addon either.) Ie, if u have to cheat, then atleast do it for rounds battles sake, instead of for the reason u can. (I do not support cheating in any way or form, to make sure you read the other lines too )

On alliance level I dislike any "muppet" playing for the 2nd rank. (Allying leading alliance, instead of working to get their place for example.) Or ones that idle thrue the round and create no battle nor do any effort on offensive field.

Again I do like alliances that participate to round politics, to either balance the fights or to turn them over. The ones daring to challenge and play their best from the start, even that would end in most targeting them or for a death for biting too big piece... The rounds are relatively short afterall, you will get new chance and thats why there should be and is some helping systems like salvage. (Please add more of these kind of systems to allow people to DARE and FIGHT!!! Attackers salvage would be awesome too!!!! So you can launch having the risk you cannot check the landing from work. Or miscalcing defence, checking the fake defence... multiple reasons!!!)

I do like HCs whom can look beyond their own nose and their members goods, to gain some fun for the round. Its good that u stand ground to state bs/opinions on forums. But whom will play over 10 rounds of lame game? No one.
Unread 13 Jan 2009, 13:22   #20
Taipan
Born Again Virgin

Taipan is an unknown quantity at this point

Jurgen and Dreadnought annoyed me somewhat during a couple of the single-digit rounds.. I can't remember why now but I'LL GET YOU ONE DAY!

/me swings fist wildly.
Unread 13 Jan 2009, 14:44   #21
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
Jurgen and Dreadnought annoyed me somewhat during a couple of the single-digit rounds.. I can't remember why now but I'LL GET YOU ONE DAY!

/me swings fist wildly.
Just give me a poke in EVE when you have dreadnut setup for an ambush (in his titan ofc). Now that would be a proper revenge
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 21:49   #22
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

I hate you, CBA.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2009, 21:59   #23
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

But eXcessum loves me!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2009, 19:18   #24
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

excessum as a whole doesnt hate u atleast <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2009, 05:31   #25
TaucRedFox
BERZERKAR!

TaucRedFox is on a distinguished road

Grudges can last a few rounds, but usually not more than that. It used to be much worse, when more people played in PA, but I think part of that was secretly friendly competition and a way to get alliances stirred up and to give an agenda for the round.

In a similar vein, reputation lasts much longer. It might not end in vengeance, but if you get on the bad side of someone you could ruin your chances with them for good in PA, or at least that is what I have observed. Enemies are easier to make than friends. Players should always remember that.
Unread 22 Jan 2009, 06:24   #26
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

I held a grudge against Turbo after a speedgame round and I was determined to SK him... but then he ended up in my gal. :<
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 05:50   #27
aurora556
HELLSFURY HC

aurora556 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony//m View Post
in the last round we (castas canons) were at war with hells fury(alliance), and if i get a chance to hit them hard next round then i will. so grudges "yeh" they do exist!!

LMAO HAHA we flogged you (castas canons) for the last 2 rounds, since they started the war, there will be no cease fire, there will be no remorse, Hellsfury will always and forever hate every single castas canons member and will stop at nothing to see them burn to the ground.

HC Hellsfury
Matt
aurora556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 09:43   #28
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoshay View Post
I held a grudge against Turbo after a speedgame round and I was determined to SK him... but then he ended up in my gal. :<
shame on you! Turbo is one hell of a good player, and a decent guy too

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 15:44   #29
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

There was a time when Orbit held a substantial grudge against F-crew. I believe it came especially from our side.
However, the last few rounds the relationship seems to have been stabilised and currently we can say we stand neutral towards F-crew. Maybe we have grown up hehehe.

On a personal note, I don't hold many grudges at all. Hmm I could make an exception for CBA.

Though, I have some feelings of hostility towards certain alliances, but I can't help it... they are mostly bigger and stronger (Calimero comes to mind indeed hehehe)

Anyways, some grudges come, most grudges go
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2009, 18:22   #30
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

I have to admit I've never held any grudges against any one in the game, then again I dont think I've even been sober enough to remeber to hold any.
Unread 19 Feb 2009, 14:31   #31
Jellinek
Asleep...

Jellinek is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm holding a grudge against 2 people, OlaTa for exiling me once, and Zhil for repeatedly farming me in r4.

Intel well appreciated, I need to crash my fleet again soon. The pilots are getting uppity and have started talking about parachutes

Last edited by Jellinek; 19 Feb 2009 at 14:31. Reason: spelling
Jellinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2009, 14:56   #32
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora556 View Post
LMAO HAHA we flogged you (castas canons) for the last 2 rounds, since they started the war, there will be no cease fire, there will be no remorse, Hellsfury will always and forever hate every single castas canons member and will stop at nothing to see them burn to the ground.

HC Hellsfury
Matt
That's some pretty intense hate right there dude...

Ps. Zhil is in c200, you can't hit him
Unread 19 Feb 2009, 14:57   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Plan PZT100 is well under way and is nearing its end stages. Stay tuned.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote