User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 4 Oct 2008, 04:29   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
1 player = 1 galaxy

Yes, each player get his own galaxy.

- At tick start you have 1 home planet in your gal
- There is a techtree branch allowing space exploration. It gives you the possibility to explore your galaxy deeper and discover up to 4 extra planets.
- There are 4 planet types corresponding to the 4 races (ETD is gone)
- When you go on exploration you can select what kind of planet you look for (type A: Ter, Type B: Cath, etc...) or you can go for a random search (faster)
- When you find a planet, the race depends on the type you found
- Each planet type gives a different bonus in mining, obviously Ter type get a bonus in mining metal, etc...
- Governements are moved to galaxy level
- GC and ministers are moved to Cluster level
- Incluster attacks ofc allowed
- Travel time and ETA bonuses stay as they are
- No interaction limitation between your planets
- Your rank is based on your planets average score
- exile would be at cluster level

This means we go from a 1000 planet universe to 5000 planets, in clusters of 10 galaxies... 1000 galaxies, 100 clusters !

Strategy scope increases:
- what combination of races you choose
- when to start your scan planet (if any)
- when to start your COVOP planet (if any)
- do you build defence planets to protect the main one
- do you try and get 2 or 3 even planets

Open the way for crazier ideas:
- New ship class: 'DeathStar' able to blow up a planet (ofc the Home planet couldn't be blown up and there would be a limitation to the number of planet you can lose in a certain period of time...)
- New cov op: 'Insurrection' stir troubles on a planet, the target loses control of it for a certain amount of time
Unread 4 Oct 2008, 07:33   #2
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 1 player = 1 galaxy

I think it would require quite a lot of time to control 5 planets. Surely it would add lots of aspects to think of and what u can do.
Unread 4 Oct 2008, 09:34   #3
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

lol this is great. if PA doesnt grab this idea then i hope someone else does! ill play! Its a very good suggestion on how to increase the universe!
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2008, 13:46   #4
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

ideas of allowing people to control more then 1 planet had been popping up on forums since like round 3. old.

There is a reason why they dont do it, it breaks the game's fundamentals. And Spinner would cry...
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2008, 00:58   #5
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

and having less and less planets in the universe, that doesn't break something fundamental... the game itself ?
Unread 5 Oct 2008, 17:06   #6
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh View Post
ideas of allowing people to control more then 1 planet had been popping up on forums since like round 3. old.

There is a reason why they dont do it, it breaks the game's fundamentals. And Spinner would cry...
i think u have missunderstoud the initial idea, his idea is to have 4 planets controlled under 1 account.

although i really like this idea and i love when people post stuff like this there are many many things which must be taken into consideration.

here just a short list.

1. incoming/attacking - does all 4 planets have the same incoming ?
2. defending - can all 4 planets defend each other and how many fleets does each planet have?
3. balancing stats - could prove hard if everyone had the ability to gain a planet of each race.
Unread 5 Oct 2008, 17:17   #7
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairypalms View Post
i think u have missunderstoud the initial idea, his idea is to have 4 planets controlled under 1 account.

although i really like this idea and i love when people post stuff like this there are many many things which must be taken into consideration.

here just a short list.

2. defending - can all 4 planets defend each other and how many fleets does each planet have?
3. balancing stats - could prove hard if everyone had the ability to gain a planet of each race.
1. i understand it like this: the galaxy is 5 planets and each planet is a valid target, like todays galaxies. only difference is 1 person controlling all of them.

2. The planets obviously have the same abilities with 3 fleets each. why change that ? Though the main planet could be the only one allowed to defend outside its own galaxy

3. why balance stats when they could just implement a techtree to start with

just my thoughts.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2008, 17:18   #8
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:

here just a short list.

1. it would be a galactic fleet, so any ships in the galaxy would be viable to defence/attack, no matter which planet is targetted.
2. as 1
3. Agreed, but maybe random reverse engineering for a specific ships would work better.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2008, 17:20   #9
hairypalms

hairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the roughhairypalms is a jewel in the rough

ofc there are solutions to any problems and those are only a small ammount
Unread 5 Oct 2008, 22:12   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Easily fixed: ruduce number of ships, or disconnect the current relationship between ships and races.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 10:03   #11
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

I'm sure starting with 1 colony and proceeding out from it to create another is a game i've seen, why is this any different apart from its planets not colonies, would you have to have capture/invaid theese other planets because as you have suggested they already have races on them ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 11:55   #12
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What about my great idea:

1. Everybody starts with no planets
2. You have to research scans in order to find planets
3. You can't research anything until you have found a planet
4. Players can form alliances and send each other messages

Really its a lot like email, except way more fun.
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 12:33   #13
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling View Post

1. Everybody starts with no planets
2. You have to research scans in order to find planets
3. You can't research anything until you have found a planet
hmmm.... something is awry right thur...
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 17:01   #14
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

I think he was being sarcastic

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2008, 11:42   #15
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point

by brain would explode having to control more than 1 planet

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Jezz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Oct 2008, 12:08   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezz84 View Post
by brain would explode having to control more than 1 planet
All the more reason to implement it <3
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 8 Oct 2008, 00:28   #17
hairypalms

maybe those who might find controlling more than one planet hard could just stick to having 1 planet.

as Makhil suggested to gain more planets they need to first be found or the player can concerntrate all thier efforts towards thier home world.

for example, population/Research output/cons output is divided between the planets and can be shifted as desired with a base minimum
Unread 8 Oct 2008, 01:27   #18
Brand

Brand is an unknown quantity at this point

I love this idea!

This would bring more to the game and would definately solve the shrinking universe problem.

So from me.

Sincerely Sneaky
Brand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2008, 11:42   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

User interface would be a major problem for this.
Unread 8 Oct 2008, 19:28   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I have just had the BESTEST idea ever. One word.

Moons.
Unread 8 Oct 2008, 20:27   #21
rpsmith

rpsmith is on a distinguished road

Ah, now moons sound easier like large roids with different colonization abilities. Maybe even spacestations that can act as defense only (limit on number allowed per planet and moon). Interesting possibilities all around.
Unread 8 Oct 2008, 20:43   #22
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I was thinking along the lines of making it more or less an implicit requirement to set up at least 1 moon during protection, and to set up a scanning station from there. This scanning station would receive seperate research points, so everyone gets their own scans.

For those of you that aren't sure, yes, that is a good thing.

But yeah, the idea can be expanded upon!

Personally, I like moons better than the original suggestion, simply because moons adds something new (and creates room to fix an ancient problem), while colonisation appears convoluted at best, and in the end does little but create a game we could easily call PA+PA+PA.
Unread 8 Oct 2008, 21:58   #23
rpsmith

rpsmith is on a distinguished road

Colonization was meant as occupation of the moons. Like coverop agents just colonists needed to opperate moon stations. Maybe a bit much just indicating some possible variables to challenge people in exploring options.
Unread 8 Oct 2008, 23:11   #24
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

anything that would make me invest more time into this game would make me quit it forever.

still got a life, and alot of players feel it like that.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2008, 01:24   #25
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I was thinking along the lines of making it more or less an implicit requirement to set up at least 1 moon during protection, and to set up a scanning station from there. This scanning station would receive seperate research points, so everyone gets their own scans.
Yep I agree with this, then in essence everyone gets a scanner planet (i.e. Moon in this case).

<Ave> both has bad gfx
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 00:14   #26
Makhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
User interface would be a major problem for this.
I imagine 5 tabs
[planet1] [planet2] [planet3] [planet4] [planet5]
on top of the current header (something like this).... what else is needed ?

Planets would be easier to implement, it's just the same as now x5
Moons would need game development. Do you colonize/terraform them ? You're then playing the same race for all ?
What's the travel time between planet and moons ? Can't be the same as planet to planet. Do you still organize galaxies as they are adding a sub level to it for moons ? How does it show on gal page and gal status ? What about coords ?

Last edited by Makhil; 10 Oct 2008 at 04:18.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 10:01   #27
cha^
King of EMO

cha^ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
lol this is great. if PA doesnt grab this idea then i hope someone else does! ill play! Its a very good suggestion on how to increase the universe!
Signed.
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 10:30   #28
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
anything that would make me invest more time into this game would make me quit it forever.

still got a life, and alot of players feel it like that.
why should u invest more time ? u can still play with just one planet if u want and theres nothing stopping u to have decent real life as well.. there are other ppl that manage their real life very well and also want changes in this game they love, so quit or dont whine
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 10:56   #29
cha^
King of EMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
why should u invest more time ? u can still play with just one planet if u want and theres nothing stopping u to have decent real life as well.. there are other ppl that manage their real life very well and also want changes in this game they love, so quit or dont whine
Hai Neroon, stop ignoring me on IRC

Anyway excatly you could still play with single planet and dont have to spend anymore time. PA is only game I'll play cuz I manage to play it and still have a IRL because of the tick base. So you can do pretty well on it without giving so much effort to it. Like to for excample WoW and other games require.

This would add the planets greatly to universe and as everyone has probably allready noticed if the PA keeps going like this without any new changes its dead in few rounds. Last round was allready BAD enough.
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 14:20   #30
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

more planets = more possible tgts = more intresting

cha^ ure never around nemore when i pm u bakc
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 22:47   #31
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You could easily implement this retarded idea by removing the ban on multiing in the EULA.
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 23:32   #32
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
You could easily implement this retarded idea by removing the ban on multiing in the EULA.
Ok.
Unread 10 Oct 2008, 23:38   #33
cha^
King of EMO

Quote:
If you would actually take your head out of your ass for 1 minute and read the post you might realize its complitely diffrent to multing.
Unread 11 Oct 2008, 00:57   #34
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

i like the idea of moons for scanning. no people on them - maybe defences. no colonisation. no fleet. just extra scanning moons.

other planets - nice idea, but never gonna happen tbh
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Oct 2008, 07:54   #35
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
and you think the one playing with 1 planet versus others 5 has a chance to win? sure each got still their own available targets, but I would find it rather challencing... hence there will be a need to invest more time to run atleast a second planet, to be able to fight people, unless u get to attack them offguard, and what happens when the 4 accounts comes back for a visit that u didnt kill/rob...

I find the idea very good and tempting, but how I see it PA lives because u dont have to invest much time (unless u are hcing), this change would take it more to opposite direction.

I would find the idea better in games like tc, spm.... whom try to be more intensive games.
Unread 11 Oct 2008, 12:19   #36
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

All this is based on only one thing... Roids.

Basically having only one set of roids (roid belt in the galaxy).

Sectors
Each sector has a single planet, a roid belt (which stores all your roids), and a fixed set of moons around the planet (5 Max).

To colonize a moon, the moon has to moon base (Simple as clicking on a moon and then click create moon base).

Moons
Benefits from a moon are never as good as from the main planet (maybe 10% bonus). Also can only hold 10% of main planets maximum structures and are included in the maximum allowed structures.

1. Building of Structures so you can spread out the structures.
2. Additional Population.
3. Because of low gravity, a moon get a production bonus.

Combat
The sector fleet are always protecting all planets / moons / roidbelts in a sector.

Pods fire at the roid belt.

You could even include PDS, which could be spread out between all planets.

<Ave> both has bad gfx