User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 1 Mar 2008, 04:34   #1
Turtle

Turtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura aboutTurtle has a spectacular aura about
The end of the Urwins

Most people already know this but I figured I'd make it official to drastically cut down on the number of PMs I'm receiving asking about Urwins' status for next round.

Urwins was meant to end last round, but Reese, Dreamz and I decided to give it a whirl for a second round and see if we could end with a round victory. Obviously that didn't happen. Regardless of our final position we decided as HC that we would discontinue Urwins as an alliance after the end of Round 25, this hasn't changed.

Its been a fun, but intense two rounds for Urwins. We've had many members, most good, some bad, but I hope they learnt something whilst in Urwins and I hope the good ones had some fun along the way.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank the HC from this round, Bazza, Reese and Dreamz for the effort they put in. I'd also like to thank the officers, an ally like Urwins relies on its officers and HC, and you guys always seemed to step up when needed. Special mention to eksero this round for being one of the few truly active DCs and saving me a lot of work by DCing as much as you did

Finally, thanks to Yogibear for bringing Urwins back and Gabz0r and Jaran for the technical side of things.

Lastly, my congratulations to NewDawn for a deserved round win. Whilst I might not particularly like the strategies you employed, theres no doubt you guys deserved the win based on your all round performance. Hopefully some allies will step up next round and give you a run for your money.

Turtle
Urwins HC.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 04:39   #2
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: The end of the Urwins

Thank u again for providing me home Turtle/Reese/Dreamz (Urwins and co) even if it was belatedly. Shoulda been with u from tick start i know, and wish i had of been, a great alliance, which i feel is the only place in PA i have truely felt at home. Will be sad to see u guys leave.
VenoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 08:58   #3
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Just a quick note..

Urwins has truly been the most "fun" I ever had in Planetarion. There were a ton of great people who played with us over the past 2 rounds, and I hope to get the chance to play on your side again!

Special greetz to Dreamz and Turtle, you guys were great. Enough good things can't be said about Eksero who was really our only other steady DC, you did an amazing job night after night. Combined with Dreamz and Turtle DC'ing our def was pretty strong. Thanks to Yogi & Jaran, and Gabz0r <3 for our bots and website. (Parse!) Bazza and Sal did a great job with setting up our raids..

And mostly thanks to all the members for making these past rounds incredibly fun. Urwins will always be my true home! I doubt you find an alliance filled with more geeky commands and general craziness, but also people who truly enjoy the game.

<3

-Reese
Urwins HC
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 10:51   #4
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Best of luck for all you guys in the future and thanks for my short time i was in Urwins, was a a nice place to be, good bunch of guys!

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 12:14   #5
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You made yourselves a horrible alliance to attack this round, which I hope you'll take as a great compliment!

Best of luck whereever y'all end up.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 12:23   #6
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to see you go guys, i have some good memories from r24 playing with you guys.
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 17:34   #7
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Thanks for letting me play with you guys for the past 2 rounds, been great fun. Shame to see Urwins go, hope i get to play with you guys again <3
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 19:21   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 21:42   #9
`Spider
teh 1 and only

`Spider is an unknown quantity at this point

guess i shall be stopping playing again then, as its only fun when playing with all your mates and yeah urwins was a lot of fun while it lasted hehe, and id also like to thank all the HC and officers who made it as fun and enjoyable as it was
hope everyone finds a new home ok
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 22:01   #10
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

shame to see you guys go so soon

big up to yogi and co for a awesome round before last.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 22:04   #11
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

I guess everyone wants to know ... did u have a member called stingray ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2008, 22:26   #12
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

to bad youre leaving, urwins was the easiets targets around if you picked the right ones. the wrong ones did prolly dc themselves or something cos an early jgp just looked silly

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2008, 21:02   #13
S7R-DeViL
4ever Destiny

S7R-DeViL is infamous around these partsS7R-DeViL is infamous around these parts

bad bad... ;P i hope we see eachother in some other allys :P

[BGarmy] [HC]
[H-A]
[VGN] [BC/DC]
[ToF] [BC]
[Destiny] [HC]
[Urwins] [HC]
[Insomnia]
[xVx]
[Conspiracy]

MeeT YouR DeSinTY
S7R-DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 01:56   #14
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle
We've had many members, most good, some bad
I better be in the good list!

Seriously though, I'd have to say that Urwins is easily the best alliance I've played in since r24. Very decent outfit, sad to see you go!
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 09:28   #15
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve

nothing but <3 even tho i had a short round it was a good comeback round which was enjoyable .
Unread 27 Mar 2008, 17:45   #16
Alucard
I’m The Thing You Fear!

Alucard is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate that your leaving but you roids love the fewer incomings good luck guys and good round
Unread 28 Mar 2008, 22:57   #17
diege
Honest Man

diege is infamous around these parts

Heh Urwins, god you guys have been about for a while! All the best in pastures new!
Unread 29 Mar 2008, 19:02   #18
Coltaine
7th Malazan Army

Coltaine has a spectacular aura aboutColtaine has a spectacular aura aboutColtaine has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7R-DeViL
BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET,THAN LIVE ON YOUR FEET!!
Why do you hate life so much? Theres always hope!
lmao.
Coltaine is offline   Reply With Quote