User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 24 May 2009, 11:56   #151
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold
Re: xVx naps Ascendancy

ASC saying its been an unfair fight due to being out numbered? LOL! You have said many many times how you ignore tag limits so there is nothing to say vs a standard ally you guys dont outnumber them. Now the role is reversed its oh guyssss this isnt fair! ... v sad
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2009, 11:59   #152
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartless
It's still not Ascendancy's fault if people prefer to play with us instead of you. It's not our responsibility to ensure that people go to a different alliance.
I dont play, so replace 'you' with 'the rest' And thats fine, just don't moan when the direct result (situations like this round) occur.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2009, 12:00   #153
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was actually rereading catch 22 the other day, awesome book (but apparently there's a sequel which just reeks of cashing in and epically destroying one of the greatest literary works of the 20th century for a few extra dollars, not that I'd do any differently).

I'd have to agree with you though newt, and largely I've been saying the same thing since before the round started. The main questions posed by planetarion this round just aren't that interesting. To take what you say even further, say there's an actual ideal number. 227 just to pick something out of the air. So 227 planets hit ascendancy all round long and we finish ahead of xvx by the grand total of 1 point. What exactly does this prove? Maybe quite a bit but I can't say I'm that keen on helping prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
ASC saying its been an unfair fight due to being out numbered? LOL! You have said many many times how you ignore tag limits so there is nothing to say vs a standard ally you guys dont outnumber them. Now the role is reversed its oh guyssss this isnt fair! ... v sad
It's not an unfair fight, anything not specifically prohibited by the rules is fair in my eyes. It is an uneven fight in terms of numbers, as any retard with a handy abacus can tell you. I mean seriously though, we conceded defeat. Ascendancy won't win this round. What else do people want from us?
Unread 24 May 2009, 12:08   #154
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

imho, nothing. You've already lost. So certain people will be happy I suppose.

For us, it was never about asc winning or xvx winning, we were it in for a nice round.
Unread 24 May 2009, 12:17   #155
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by duo
For us, it was never about asc winning or xvx winning, we were it in for a nice round.
I don't even play and I'm pretty sure for most people it was about asc not winning

I want to make a planetarion : premiership comparison! So I will. In the premiership you have the top 4, who steal the best players off the rest of the league. As soon as blackburn rovers develop a good player, boom! He wants to go to a top club, and they want to take him.

Whats the result? There is a top 4 that are zillions of miles ahead of the rest of the premiership, who consistently fall further behind until a billionnaire takes over (no pa comparison for this ). You can't blame those clubs however for wanting the best players, and you can't blame the players for wanting money / trophies.

Its the same in planetarion - except the top4 is just a top1. And obviously trophies = ranks, money = ... being around other great players?

Something needs to be done Same way as FIFA/EUFA are trying to think up ways to make english football (ie the top4) less dominant.

edit: and for me the answer is 40 or 50 alliance limits
Unread 24 May 2009, 12:22   #156
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
What else do people want from us?
How about: try to keep this round interesting. We're just over halfway and already the top2 alliances decide that the round is over. That's just sad. I'd love to see a big block tell them: it's not over yet.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2009, 12:31   #157
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
It's still not Ascendancy's fault if people prefer to play with us instead of you. It's not our responsibility to ensure that people go to a different alliance.
Its not your responsibility to do anything, so you cant use that excuse as a reason not to do something.

For example, its not your responsibility to ensure alliances have enough members, so you can recruit to 300+ members. Its not your responsibility to make a level playing field, so you'll block with everyone and stagnate the round. etc.

You can argue that you dont want to or that you like having all the good players but you cant use 'resonsibility' as your excuse.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2009, 12:34   #158
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Your post makes no sense, Light.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2009, 12:36   #159
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2 View Post
How about: try to keep this round interesting. We're just over halfway and already the top2 alliances decide that the round is over. That's just sad. I'd love to see a big block tell them: it's not over yet.
So let me get this straight..

All the BG's can decide not to bother playing for alliance rank? and instead play in smaller groups?

but the second Asc decide to not bother playing for alliance rank, Its sad.. uninteresting.. and extremly bad for the game?

Dont blame Asc for there being no competition for the #1 rank, blame it on the fact that there was only ever 2 alliances fighting for it.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 24 May 2009, 12:38   #160
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Your post makes no sense, Light.
I dont know how to phrase it.

He uses the excuse that to not do something as 'Its not Ascs responsibility'.

I'm just pointing out that its not Asc's responsibility to do anything, its not there responsibility to make PA fun, to have a fair fight, to not stupidly block, to not recruit to 400+, etc.

You cant use the excuse that its not Asc's responsibility to do something, as a reason not to do it. If its going to make the game more fun, then why shouldnt you do it?
Unread 24 May 2009, 12:39   #161
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
We dance to the tune of nobody's drum. Unless it's like carnival time or something. I'd probably dance to the tune of that drum. Drums are pretty cool now that I think about it so I guess it sort of depends on how funky your beat is regarding whether or not I'll dance to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
I want to make a planetarion : premiership comparison! So I will. In the premiership you have the top 4, who steal the best players off the rest of the league. As soon as blackburn rovers develop a good player, boom! He wants to go to a top club, and they want to take him.
This is a pretty good comparison. I mean it's hard to blame anyone involved on any side. It's the job of the top clubs to try and dominate. The best players want to play for the best clubs because they'll get paid the most and get to play with other good players against a different bunch of good players on big occasions. That said I guess people like me are in a position to do something about it. So I'll try to think of something. All good suggestions will be given a fair hearing before being swiftly dismissed as not containing sufficient mutual back-slapping and/or redesigned so I can claim to have come up with it on my own.

Edit: Light phrases it pretty well just above me. Sure it's not my job to make things better but why the **** not do something anyways.
Unread 24 May 2009, 13:12   #162
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Oh okay sorry so we're supposed to keep fighting a war that we could never win and keep grinding this round, aiming for a victory which we would never attain without the same commitment as last round (seriously **** that) just for your entertainment.

We could all dance and then make chimp noises for you too if you like?
Unread 24 May 2009, 13:30   #163
newt
Banned

Quote:
That said I guess people like me are in a position to do something about it.
Grrrr. I was expecting to be flamed and shouted at for my posts, since I've not I'll put on my neutral-hat The other alliances can also do something about it - ie admit the ascendancy model is the best, and use it (with some modifications, eg hcs still having final say on a lot of things, or whatnot - would be really shit if every alliance was an asc-replica). That might help stem the flow of players joining ascendancy for the "lifestyle".

But people don't do that, probably cos they refuse to admit the asc-model is the best (and ok it isn't the best for just one round in my opinion, but for long term high performance .... come on hcs wake up!). I mentioned in another thread that, for example, omen infuriated me in limitting a lot of munin's functionality. In my opinion the gain in keeping some intel secret for a few days was no where near worth how annoyed some members were about it. Nor the waste in the techy's time But not only that, the hc/officers refused to adopt "the asc-way" in lots of ways (secrecy, elite bgs, the defence system, etcetc) - but in other ways did use the asc-model. They were neither one thing (~exi) nor the other (~asc) and the result was pretty shit.

I would be pretty annoyed if I was you, and had created a novel alliance on principles that most people thought were "shit", while you advised other alliances to do the same and even made your tools (or irc tools) opensource. They didn't want to. 5-10 rounds later you're by far the best alliance and those other alliances are kinda forcing you to change.

On a final note, and a bit unrelated to the garbage above, I think it should be something pa team does to level the playing field. For example, say you decided to only have 90 ppl + munin added to #ascendancy and you lose next round because of <whatever reasons> - r33 you might well decide to open recruitment properly again, especially if #asc loses a lot of fun people.

Like FIFA/UEFA's plans aren't targetted directly at the top teams (eg, limitting non-eu players per team - will harm all teams, but hopefully the top ones the most). Limitting alliances tags to 40 or 50 would impact every alliance a lot, but hopefully the best alliances the most...

Oh and also, you yourself making ascendancy a worse alliance to help the universe is no different really than you being #1 end of this round and kicking people out so that xvx win. They won't exactly feel like they deserved it
Unread 24 May 2009, 13:41   #164
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
would be really shit if every alliance was an asc-replica
Why?

Quote:
and ok it isn't the best for just one round in my opinion, but for long term high performance .... come on hcs wake up!
Personally I think starting an alliance "for just one round" is a bad way to approach the game, precisely because you won't have a fundation to build on, unlike CT, ND and other alliances that have been around for years.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 May 2009, 13:52   #165
newt
Banned

Quote:
Why?
Variety is the spice of life!

Another option to level the playing field* is have JBG play for a different alliance each round (as a hardcore dc).

* Or make it a little fairer
Unread 24 May 2009, 13:59   #166
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
But people don't do that, probably cos they refuse to admit the asc-model is the best (and ok it isn't the best for just one round in my opinion, but for long term high performance .... come on hcs wake up!). I mentioned in another thread that, for example, omen infuriated me in limitting a lot of munin's functionality. In my opinion the gain in keeping some intel secret for a few days was no where near worth how annoyed some members were about it. Nor the waste in the techy's time But not only that, the hc/officers refused to adopt "the asc-way" in lots of ways (secrecy, elite bgs, the defence system, etcetc) - but in other ways did use the asc-model. They were neither one thing (~exi) nor the other (~asc) and the result was pretty shit.
A lot of it comes down to the ways people have always played planetarion I think. I mean what wish and others say on here is right to some extent, ascendancy's not that different in the end results of who steps up, who does stuff, who makes shit happen etc, to pretty much all the other alliances. Primarily, in my opinion, it's a cultural attitude though. Even though a lot of the culture in ascendancy over the last few rounds has refocused on turning ourselves into the most appalling alliance to have to fight in the history of the game the prevailing attitude is still "we're in this together". That's a bit of a trite summation but it covers it all pretty well. Anyone can step up in any way they want to do anything at any time and the only requirement is that you respect the fact that you're not any different from the others. Quite frankly in the other alliances I've played in I haven't seen this as much. The sheer fact there are people with job titles who do know more than you and at the end of the day make the decisions regardless of what you think is fairly irritating. They make the decisions, you might not even agree with them and you're still expected to follow their rules or you're the one letting the team down. I guess there's a sense of isolation present elsewhere that doesn't exist in ascendancy in the same way (although we're an elitist group of dicks at times so it still creeps around in a different way).

Those other alliances and their HCs are quite right though. You get security leaks all the time and having more people with access to shit makes them more likely to happen. I hear we've got them this round. However all in all I'd rather play with 90 cool people in an open way and have some dudes I vaguely know release some information that would probably have gotten out anyways and isn't really that important in there as well than try to reinvent the US Marine Corps for a ****ing spreadsheet game on the internet.

Quote:
I would be pretty annoyed if I was you, and had created a novel alliance on principles that most people thought were "shit", while you advised other alliances to do the same and even made your tools (or irc tools) opensource. They didn't want to. 5-10 rounds later you're by far the best alliance and those other alliances are kinda forcing you to change.
I wasn't actually responsible at all for the creation of ascendancy! I was just some dude jester invited.

Quote:
On a final note, and a bit unrelated to the garbage above, I think it should be something pa team does to level the playing field. For example, say you decided to only have 90 ppl + munin added to #ascendancy and you lose next round because of <whatever reasons> - r33 you might well decide to open recruitment properly again, especially if #asc loses a lot of fun people.
I don't think we'll be closing recruitment. Jester said something about trying to do something so utterly mind-bogglingly retarded that 90% of the playerbase just leaves. That seems like fun if I can think of something worthwhile.

Quote:
Oh and also, you yourself making ascendancy a worse alliance to help the universe is no different really than you being #1 end of this round and kicking people out so that xvx win. They won't exactly feel like they deserved it
It's a bit of a surreal situation alright. Politically speaking this round is just a dead end. The only alliances who had tangible goals to aim for were ascendancy and xvx and I've been told that even xvx didn't think they'd get #1 preround. The simple fact that nobody else really had much to aim for, and as such it's hard to "manipulate" them or whatever way you want to put it made the game very one-dimensional. We could have gone out and divided the universe in a ruthlessly efficient sort of way, killed some people, given round-long agreements to others, had an arrangement with xvx that meant they couldn't hit us with zero notice (seriously I don't know who thought that was a good idea) etc etc. Again I don't really feel that would have proven much. If anything how things went were probably the most interesting way they could have gone. The question of could Ascendancy beat the coalition was asked and the answer was no. Fair enough, I can live with that.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 24 May 2009 at 14:07.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2009, 14:44   #167
newt
Banned

Quote:
However all in all I'd rather play with 90 cool people in an open way and have some dudes I vaguely know release some information that would probably have gotten out anyways and isn't really that important in there as well than try to reinvent the US Marine Corps for a ****ing spreadsheet game on the internet.
hehe, last round when omen knew it had a channel-relay, wish had me code a simple ircbot to look for spies (storing idle times every 5mins of #shiver). Took me from like 11pm -> 4am to code, and showed absolutely nothing. Indeed, I think it found out some people with anti-idle scripts, who weren't spying, but were then under high suspicion - and certainly didn't find the real spy.

Out of interest, what would your reaction have been? If #ascendancy was being relayed, and omen using it to mock you quite openly - though in a somewhat jovial manner.

I like to think I wouldn't give a shit about it I'd probably consider making my bot upload logs of the channel available to anyone to make the spying redundant, not sure. Certainly wouldn't turn it into a personal vendetta/crusade, but dunno. I'm quite emo so depends on my hormone levels on that particular day.

Anyway, time to mow the lawn and lolly roffle at newcastle. I'll let this thread get back onto the topic of how pathetic asc and xvx are.
Unread 24 May 2009, 14:56   #168
JonnyBGood
Banned

Probably nothing. If I thought of a good way to find the leak I might do that. Well either that or find an ircop I'll know who'll provide a friendly helping hand!
Unread 24 May 2009, 23:49   #169
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold

I really cant see what everyones problem with Ascendancy is, Yes they're top dogs(on paper) right now and will likely stay like it until someone actually makes an alliance which can rival them.

Asc have dominated not because of its democratic style but more from what I have seen over the time from reading the boards and sitting on IRC, but because they are consistant, whether they are winning or losing their leaders keep there eyes on the ball and stay focused.

This round for instance, the BG's were out to get them, they werent really doing much damage until xVx joined them (which I cant say I blame them for, it was the only move available to them.) xVx turned the tide of battle in a big way, so Asc had tree real options.

1. Quit, not likely because of the leadership.
2. Keep fighting a pointless battle and xVx win anyway, but at the cost of a severely disgruntled memberbase.
or
3. Set a new objective, i.e Beat the living Sh*t out of the BG's for their actions, retaining their team spirit and giving themselves a goal which they cab acheive.

Personally I dont blame any of the alliances this round, not even the BG's everyone has done what was best for their own members, which always leads to disaster.

If anything next round will be a lot worse, there wont be more competition, there will be less, and unless someone can step up and make a real rival alliance that wont burn out and crash there aint a hope in hell of stopping the same crap happening every round.

Its the nature of the game, its been that way for 9 years now, same sh*t different round.
Unread 25 May 2009, 00:50   #170
Cervantes
StarCraft II Pro Wannabe!

Cervantes is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2 cents drop alliance limit, problem solved :P enjoy ur ranting and abuse etc, gotta love the forums lol

Now i remember why i gont check them often, ppl throwing rattles at each other (fun)...
Round 32 Violent Realm HC - join
#violent_Realm

Round 33-35 P3nguins - Join #p3nguins
Round 35-40 Conspiracy Theory - Join #Conspiracy
Round 41-44 Conspiracy Theory HC
Round 45 xVx Peon
Round 46 Fang Peon
Round 47-69 (Apprime,Conspiracy Theory, Innuendo)
Rounds 69-70 Not Played
Round 71 MAYBE

Upper Your Spirit!
Cervantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2009, 16:31   #171
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Whats the result? There is a top 4 that are zillions of miles ahead of the rest of the premiership, who consistently fall further behind until a billionnaire takes over (no pa comparison for this ). You can't blame those clubs however for wanting the best players, and you can't blame the players for wanting money / trophies.
thats why i quite like the american sports model (not that im hugely familiar with it). the salary cap imo is the main point. you cant have the best 5 basketball players on the same team as you have to balance your squad (financially more than anything, top players want top salaries...and teams cant give more than 1/2 people a top salary - without seriously craippling the rest of the squad). this means building the best team whilst being on similar resources to the rest of the league is important. it seems from my limited basketball experience that each team seems to have one superstar - kobe at LA, lebron at the cavs etc. balancing your squad and team within the limits is the means for victory - not buying the win with cash, or attracting all the best players with success (ie. man united/real madrid/chelsea in the football world).

unfortunately in pa there are no balancing forces really, we must do it ourselves. as im only really around r26+ i cant speak for before, but from my short time in PA last round may well have been the most crucial. it seems that last round asc breaking the 3 in a row was the straw that broke the camels back for the rest of the community. in the time ive been here there have been lots of different alliances which have came and gone. NoX, Jenova, Denial, Audentes, Vision, Omen etc. As is seen by the formation of the BG's this round imo a large amount of the community have given up. at least for now: i for one havent given up, but need some time off, im sure many feel the same.

tbh the problem is just the decreasing size of the community, it feels like it continues to decrease - this could well be inaccurate.
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2009, 19:06   #172
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
That would be awesome for the premiership! But aye... can't see how it could be done in pa
If people want to start paying me for playing PA I'm willing to play for whatever god awful alliance you want me to (even angels). Until then it's a slightly different scenario
Unread 25 May 2009, 19:30   #173
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all

I remember quite correctly that preround predictions thread. Let me just get my prediction out of there, being the first to rationally put asc in 2nd place (behind a wrong #1, but i was unaware of alliances membercounts at the time i wrote it, as i clearly stated in my beginning line)

Quote:
following predicting is based on rougly top7 alliances having around same amount of players , and all having at least 90 members to reach the limit. Its impossible to take into account future playerbase counts when making a viable predict on outcome so thats how i justify this

1. ND
2. Asc
3. CT
4. xVx
5. Vengeance
6. ROCK
7. FAnG
8. ToF
9. Orbit
10. DLR
11. Evo
12. to be named BG
13. HA
14. HR
15. F-Crew

Asc wont win due to early block forming against them by ND+VGN+1 or 2 BG's, vgn being the first one to bail out of it but bg's being the most reliable allies as they are not blinded by ranks but play for different goals. Smaller group attacks where all members of that group are active and have an internal competition within a bigger scale works; denial showed that in past, and i dont think this smaller-group approach is that much different when those groups are standalones instead of part of one alliance.
notice how the actual memberbase highly affected it, its why my predictions were far off. If i knew there and then that xVx would be the only other alliance getting to 90 (or more) in tag, i would've put them ahead. Now, i dont post this to show how good i am in predicions (cause tbh, my outlay was a bit off), but mainly as a respons to Light (among others) who claimed
[fk this quote i cant get it right..anyway, its a quote.]As far as i can see, this "horribly predicitable PA politics" is completly false. Considering, pre-round everyone was thinking it was going to be a heavily Asc dominated round, with them pwning anything/everything..[/qoute]

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2009, 19:56   #174
Felagund
Lost in Translation

Felagund will become famous soon enoughFelagund will become famous soon enough

asc versus bgs
xvx versus nd-ct

that will be imo the best scenario :O.

bgs can take asc and stop them
xvx if win against nd-ct will deserve the win

Last edited by Felagund; 25 May 2009 at 20:05.
Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2009, 20:37   #175
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all

asc is already vs the bg's (it was the bg's vs asc be4, somehow it feels the other way around at this time though, im almost tempted to go emo about unfairness but im not good at that)

xvx want to win, and therefore wont start any wars. Cause if they do, they will jeopordise that win. Why should it be heroic for them? A win is a win, and it will go in the books as one, heroic or not. So i understand why they are currently attacking same BG's in one night as ASC, for it gives them a better shot at an even pace with asc. I dont blame them for it either, its just shit that im on the other side getting the beating now. But at least i can say i found my fun back, even after crashing

But, you are somewhat right about ND/CT. i just CANNOT imagine they are having fun times in PA at the moment, i really cant. But maybe thats why there was a sudden drop of 9 ND tag members today? anyway, i hope their hc will start getting more sense and do something at the right moment (instead of always coming way too late with appropriate action), cause iirc both allies are playing to maximise the fun with eachother (or at least i know ND is based on that most important factor)

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2009, 20:40   #176
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

I had a dream about PA last night, and JBG sounded just like Alan Rickman. As unlikely as this is, I find the idea soothing.
Unread 25 May 2009, 21:02   #177
Felagund
Lost in Translation

Felagund will become famous soon enoughFelagund will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onim View Post
asc is already vs the bg's (it was the bg's vs asc be4, somehow it feels the other way around at this time though, im almost tempted to go emo about unfairness but im not good at that)

xvx want to win, and therefore wont start any wars. Cause if they do, they will jeopordise that win. Why should it be heroic for them? A win is a win, and it will go in the books as one, heroic or not. So i understand why they are currently attacking same BG's in one night as ASC, for it gives them a better shot at an even pace with asc. I dont blame them for it either, its just shit that im on the other side getting the beating now. But at least i can say i found my fun back, even after crashing

But, you are somewhat right about ND/CT. i just CANNOT imagine they are having fun times in PA at the moment, i really cant. But maybe thats why there was a sudden drop of 9 ND tag members today? anyway, i hope their hc will start getting more sense and do something at the right moment (instead of always coming way too late with appropriate action), cause iirc both allies are playing to maximise the fun with eachother (or at least i know ND is based on that most important factor)
would be in the books all victoties are the same , just a victory , but for the ppl the figthing, for example the victory for asc last round was not the same than the last one imo
Unread 25 May 2009, 21:38   #178
newt
Banned

Quote:
If people want to start paying me for playing PA I'm willing to play for whatever god awful alliance you want me to (even angels). Until then it's a slightly different scenario
You should really put a price on your services. Should I be going to raid my little piggy bank, or contacting the family accountant? Or re-enacting Ocean's 11 at my local Barclays bank.

Last edited by newt; 25 May 2009 at 21:44.
Unread 26 May 2009, 01:47   #179
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
In the sense that he might be right about CT and is so completely staggeringly far off about ND if he'd written the exact opposite it would be closer to the truth.

I've dropped a lot of really unsubtle hints about this recently but basically the relay of #shiver last round was uncovered through abuse of irc powers or however you want to phrase it.

I'll take about 30% of whatever minimum wage is newt! 30% of minimum wage considering I still get to spend it in bed and/or abusing people in my free time seems reasonable enough.
If you'd be willing to actually talk like Alan Rickman on vent or something once in a while I'd probably pay considerably more.
Unread 26 May 2009, 21:06   #180
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Moved all the posts about relay scripts here.
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 18:42   #181
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
It's more than that. Ascendancy have agreed with xVx that it's tag shall not finish above theirs regardless of what happens during the remainder of the round. Of course, given the relative roidcount and levels of incoming this is likely just a formality.
1 TOOT THE ALLIANCE 161047 89 5,200,648 312,038,916
2 xVx 150937 86 5,175,806 310,548,401

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:12   #182
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

xVx has a lot more hidden prod =)

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:16   #183
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
xVx has a lot more hidden prod =)
lol.

Just like CT had such a MASSIVE lead last round?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:21   #184
Mzyxptlk
mz.

TOOT THE ALLIANCE
Members: 124 (60)
Value: 338.4m (236.2m)
Score: 458m (313m)
Size: 180k (137k)
XP: 1.99m (1.28m)

xVx
Members: 92 (60)
Value: 291m (246m)
Score: 381m (314m)
Size: 153k (133k)
XP: 1.49m (1.12m)

Damned close!
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:30   #185
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
TOOT THE ALLIANCE
Members: 124 (60)
Value: 338.4m (236.2m)
Score: 458m (313m)
Size: 180k (137k)
XP: 1.99m (1.28m)

xVx
Members: 92 (60)
Value: 291m (246m)
Score: 381m (314m)
Size: 153k (133k)
XP: 1.49m (1.12m)

Damned close!
Again, like in the other thread, I fail to see the relevance of this info.

Dig up info for top60 <3

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:44   #186
Mzyxptlk
mz.

If you look carefully, you'll see that I did.
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:44   #187
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

top60 is whats inside the brackets...
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:53   #188
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
If you look carefully, you'll see that I did.
damn. YOU DID! sorry, and thanks for the intel!
Checked sandmans for the first time for a week or so just now

Quote:
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 16:59   #189
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

For those interested, jintao just scanned what was according to munin the top 60 Asc and top 60 xvx planets, I added some numbers up and came to this results:

<@Theam> THE RESULTS
<@Theam> xvx: 20 mill score hidden
<@Theam> asc: 21.5 mill score hidden

No resources that werent spend were added.