User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 23 May 2009, 15:50   #101
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: xVx naps Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
GG xVx and Asc, now let's see what fun comes of this.
How very narrow minded of U; It wasnt any fun for us how it was.
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:01   #102
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's all fun, and at the same time it's all horribly predictable PA politics. There's a lot of misinformation going round about why the BGs are playing as they are, and who's done what this round, but I'm tired of trying to explain it to people who don't want to listen. GG xVx and Asc, now let's see what fun comes of this.
Ive had a quick look through the forums? but i didnt see anyone predict that this would happen? could you please point out where this scenario was predicted?

As far as i can see, this "horribly predicitable PA politics" is completly false. Considering, pre-round everyone was thinking it was going to be a heavily Asc dominated round, with them pwning anything/everything..

All you're saying, is that Hindsight makes the past predicatable; Which is lulz.

Then you say this agreement makes the round not fun? How is 400vs120 fun? or 1 alliance vs the universe? Now its 200-300 vs 120 (with xVx fencesitting (as things stand)).
oh noes, the rounds suddenly not fun as the block has got smaller.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:05   #103
[ND]Disc

[ND]Disc has a spectacular aura about[ND]Disc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light

Have a look at wishmasters post in this thread, he was planning on hitting xVx in 48hours or even in just 24hours.

The round isnt over, unless you're saying that the round is over when #1 alliance is decided. In that case, there's only 3 scenarios at this point:
1. xVx nap Asc and coast to #1 (which what has happend)
2. xVx continue hitting Asc and the BG's also continue hitting Asc (which xVx automatically get #1, thus the round is already over)
3. xVx continue hitting Asc and the BG's turn on xVx, in this case.. xVx would of been right to go with option #1

It hasnt been as bad as i expected (that Asc would wtfdominate everything from tick 0) but its been the worse round ive played
LMFAO
Your deluded

1) WAFHH vs xVx? Yeah i'm sure that would last about a night, so don't use Wishmasters idiotic posts to tell u that the whole of the BGs were ganging up on you, because they weren't. It was a BG who are ranked 13th, and have 29 members, one or two being scanners at that!! lol

2) I wouldn't be so sure about "coasting to victory, many twists and turns yet, but its nice to know u took the easy road out in an attempt to 'coast to victory'

3) Prejudging what the BGs were going to do was abit dumb really wasn't, after Asc was dead and buried, BGs could of just gone on to doing galaxy raids, not p-targetting xvx that your oh so worried about.

4) "It hasnt been as bad as i expected (that Asc would wtfdominate everything from tick 0) but its been the worse round ive played "

Yeah Asc didn't wtfdominate everything from tick0 because the BGs didn't let them, not xVx, the BGs!! So yeah, glad the round is still going, it would of done had you not of napped Asc, good luck with getting your personal ranks xVx
[ND]Disc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:09   #104
[ND]Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post

Then you say this agreement makes the round not fun? How is 400vs120 fun? or 1 alliance vs the universe? Now its 200-300 vs 120 (with xVx fencesitting (as things stand)).
oh noes, the rounds suddenly not fun as the block has got smaller.
What you also forgot to calculate, is how the BGs would think of xVx after napping Asc, its not 200-300 vs 120, we have one tag which gets hit, its about 200-300 vs 35 due to timetravels.Yes Asc might still get incommings off a few BGs, but some are already wanting xVx blood for their disloyalty. So yeah, cut the crap
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:11   #105
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Disc View Post
1) WAFHH vs xVx? Yeah i'm sure that would last about a night, so don't use Wishmasters idiotic posts to tell u that the whole of the BGs were ganging up on you, because they weren't. It was a BG who are ranked 13th, and have 29 members, one or two being scanners at that!! lol
Yes, as Wishmaster would of hit xVx by himself.. Plus it would of been at least Asc+WAFHH and whatever other BG's they could convince.

Quote:
2) I wouldn't be so sure about "coasting to victory, many twists and turns yet, but its nice to know u took the easy road out in an attempt to 'coast to victory'
Why take the hard road?

Quote:
3) Prejudging what the BGs were going to do was abit dumb really wasn't, after Asc was dead and buried, BGs could of just gone on to doing galaxy raids, not p-targetting xvx that your oh so worried about.
Yes, trying to predict what the future politics and the moves alliances would make, then thinking about the long term instead of right now.. is a really dumb tactic.. I think you'll find not thinking about the long-term was the reason ND/CT lost out last round on there fight for #1 spot

Quote:
Yeah Asc didn't wtfdominate everything from tick0 because the BGs didn't let them, not xVx, the BGs!! So yeah, glad the round is still going, it would of done had you not of napped Asc, good luck with getting your personal ranks xVx
So in the same post, you've gone from saying that the BG's are low ranked, useless and small.. that xVx shouldnt be scared of them? Then saying that the BG's singlehandedly took down Asc. Also please note, that if the BG's were the ones that single handedly pwned Asc.. then xVx stopping hitting Asc changes nothing? the BG's can continue pwning Asc?

I also love your end line, xVx this round is now aiming for top planet, top galaxy and top alliance spot... How's that bad?

Note: Anything said in this post, isnt xVx's official stance and is probably all wrong. Its just my opinions and not xVx's. I am not a xVx officer nor do i speak for the xVx.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 23 May 2009 at 16:17.
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:18   #106
[ND]Disc

QUIT IT WITH THE ****ING "THIS ISN'T XVX'S VIEWS"

you say it at the end of every post, just once would of done!

Now your prejudging that Asc and other BGs would hit xVx. which is amazingly wrong!

Taking the easy road isn't wrong, but when you have to run over your mates to be able to turn down that road, thats wrong.

I didn't say BGs are low ranked and useless, i said that WAFHH are low ranked and useless.

Its bad that your aiming for all of them when you've done little fighting to get them, 4 or 5 days at most. Ask yourself this. Would you get #1 alliance, #1 player and #1 galaxy by yourselves? I think you'll find the answer is know on all 3.
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:25   #107
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
QUIT IT WITH THE ****ING "THIS ISN'T XVX'S VIEWS"

you say it at the end of every post, just once would of done!
I have to say it on every post.

Quote:
Now your prejudging that Asc and other BGs would hit xVx. which is amazingly wrong!
So if the BG's started to hit xVx? and Asc and xVx didnt have a nap? you're saying Asc wouldnt start hitting xVx as well? to reclaim #1?

No-one can say for certain what the future holds, you can only prepare yourself the worst case scenario.

Quote:
Taking the easy road isn't wrong, but when you have to run over your mates to be able to turn down that road, thats wrong.
How have xVx run over its allies? xVx has not dropped the naps to the BG's at this time? They've simply backed out of hitting Asc.

Quote:
I didn't say BGs are low ranked and useless, i said that WAFHH are low ranked and useless.
lol.

Quote:
Its bad that your aiming for all of them when you've done little fighting to get them, 4 or 5 days at most. Ask yourself this. Would you get #1 alliance, #1 player and #1 galaxy by yourselves? I think you'll find the answer is know on all 3.
Very rarely does an alliance in Planetarion win by themselves with no blocks or naps.
You seem to be arguing that xVx has failed this round, due to looking after its own interests? and that they've used politics and war for there own advantage? I just dont understand where you're coming from, as those things seem like good things to me
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:40   #108
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

This round has been interesting so far and continues to be so. At least for the near term. I think it's weak of Asc just to give up. But on the other hand it could make for interesting politics. With Asc giving up, I think it's just a matter of will to clean out XVX next. Whining on this board is not going to achieve anything.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:46   #109
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Please please set aside your unconditional hatred of asc for just a second.

(I realize there are actually quite a few here I could say that to)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
I dont actually see what benefit asc gains from this as at the end of the day the battlegroups/alliances opposing asc have already shown they can out play asc.
They havent.

If we would have just gotten the standard BG incs like we had the rest of the round, we would still be sitting on the #1 spot, xVx was the problem, and that didnt necessarily have anything to do with the BGs.

Quote:
I read today asc were willing to kick members if they overtook xvx, considering you guys pride yourself on allowing people to do what they want "just dont be shit" you resemble quite the restricted ally atm.
Its worth noting that this was something voted on by the membership, not something decided behind closed doors by some group of HCs, so no, we dont.

Quote:
Would this also go as far as if xvx do not get #1 player and an asc is in with the chance of taking this then asc will remove that member also? if so as i just said quite the restrictions you are posing on your own members.
Please leave that slippery slope stuff out of it, its only for alliance ranking, and if there are any others out there who doubt we will keep our word, Ill say this: I, like the rest of the tag, have HC access to the alliance ingame. If the situation arises that Asc will finish 1st and xVx 2nd for round finish, as long as they have upheld their end of the bargain, I will personally kick as many people from tag as I have to to make sure our end is upheld.

Frankly, I dont think itll come to that, but I will if I have to.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:51   #110
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

The idea that the BGs did nothing to Asc is seriously undermined by the roids we constantly took from you. For a week or two, we were landing on you pretty damn regularly. The difference xVx made was more in terms of numbers than anything.
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:54   #111
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
The idea that the BGs did nothing to Asc is seriously undermined by the roids we constantly took from you. For a week or two, we were landing on you pretty damn regularly. The difference xVx made was more in terms of numbers than anything.
Judging by sandmans that did no harm to Asc, though. They constantly grew and grew and grew. That did not change before xvx joined in. So no, I would not say that the BGs were the problem.
Unread 23 May 2009, 16:58   #112
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
yes and we landed on you, asc was still gaining all be it slowly until xVx became involved, our precipitous plunge has been since xVx intervened, as Mz said, the straw that broke the Camel's back. But whatever you want to call it xVx DID make the difference, it would have remained a fairly even fight without them.
Unread 23 May 2009, 17:01   #113
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

I don't get this debate.

Without the bgs - asc beat xvx easily. Without xvx, ascendancy would have been #1.

Sure you may say that xvx played a bigger role than the bgs - but isn't that to be 100% expected since they're actually the ones fighting for #1? But the bgs sure as hell can take some pride (and credit) for what they've done this round...

Or am I missing something?

All muchado about nothing.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 17:06   #114
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
What are you complaining about? You're trying to make sure that Asc don't win, now when we've conceded you're crying about the only other alternative winning? what the hell?

Quote:
I have to say it on every post.
Just put it in your sig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2 View Post
This round has been interesting so far and continues to be so. At least for the near term. I think it's weak of Asc just to give up. But on the other hand it could make for interesting politics. With Asc giving up, I think it's just a matter of will to clean out XVX next. Whining on this board is not going to achieve anything.
What else do you suggest we do? there was nobody willing to co-operate with us and we're not good/commited enough to fight our way out of this situation this round.
Unread 23 May 2009, 17:16   #115
foreignrifles

foreignrifles is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations xVx, you did it!

*Every PA player past and present come in with everything for a HUGE party*
foreignrifles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 17:42   #116
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post

But the bgs sure as hell can take some pride (and credit) for what they've done this round...
Of course they can, and I give all of them credit because they are the ones that were our biggest concern in the early ticks and now will be again. Plus, as has been stated repeatedly, much of the goal of several BGs was to stop Asc from getting #1, which succeeded because now, regardless of what happens in the rest of the round, Asc will not be the #1 ranked alliance at round end.

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 18:38   #117
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
But the bgs sure as hell can take some pride (and credit) for what they've done this round...
They have been playing an anti-game , which is just lame.
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 18:50   #118
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

I bet you're one of those ejiits that whines when teams like blackburn rovers play 'ard and defensively against teams like arsenal, instead of going out with a caveliar attitude and losing 5-0?

Just like pa should start to learn that the ascendancy alliance-model is the one to use, it should also start to accept that 90 player limits is almost farcical nowadays.
Unread 23 May 2009, 19:07   #119
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]Byrney View Post
Well this certainly hasn't been the worst round of PA ever!
This.
Pathetic alliances everywhere.
Such a disappointment.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 19:11   #120
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K's sig View Post
Angels
Unread 23 May 2009, 19:21   #121
Considence

Considence has a spectacular aura aboutConsidence has a spectacular aura about

No newt I just miss having you in my gal and wanted a rise out of you
Considence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 19:27   #122
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considence View Post
No newt I just miss having you in my gal and wanted a rise out of you
Sweet, I'll take that as a bp-invitation for next round! First one of those I've had for at least 10 rounds now I'd say Cheers dude, my ego needed this. It's been a tough old year.
Unread 23 May 2009, 20:04   #123
speed
xVx forever!

speed is on a distinguished road

We don't care who wins. And we for sure don't want to win the round where 13 of top 15 alliances were needed to give us #1.

If we will be in position that ASC could really give us win by kicking members, I will kick more of ours.

Thank you and good bye.
speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 20:39   #124
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but...

Dump a load of BG players in ND or CT. Smash xVx down. Asc have promised to finish below xVx, and xVx will be easier targets than Asc were.

Would make the round more interesting.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 20:44   #125
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt- View Post
Why arent there any people standing up to take the challenge, like Denial did last time.
for the same reason you're not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt- View Post
If anyone is to blame for the stagnation of the game, it would be all of us, since we all played it in a way which eventually turned it into the state it is in now.
indeed sir, i applaud this. i've said this myself multiple times
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 20:49   #126
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
wafhh is the best pa alliance since s3xytime tbfh

do one :/

EDIT: fs...another double post, i figured people posted faster than this. sorry mods /o\
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 21:18   #127
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but...

Dump a load of BG players in ND or CT. Smash xVx down. Asc have promised to finish below xVx, and xVx will be easier targets than Asc were.

Would make the round more interesting.
No, Asc have promised to give up the #1 Spot if they overtake xVx (and xVx are #2).

Taking down xVx would in effect, give Asc the win (if you hit Asc enough to knock them down below ND or CT)

Last edited by Light; 23 May 2009 at 21:32.
Unread 23 May 2009, 21:19   #128
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

how come when 2 powerhouse tags like EC and xVx NAP there is no forum post, but when a nub ally like Asc NAP xVx then the forums go mad

crazy

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 21:28   #129
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No, Asc have promised to give up the #1 Spot if they overtake Asc
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

shdnt that be "No, Asc have promised to give up the #1 Spot if they overtake xvx"

love ya light, but i think asc will take the win if they can, just a personal opinion

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Unread 23 May 2009, 21:33   #130
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
love ya light, but i think asc will take the win if they can, just a personal opinion
Not really. You can say alot of things about Asc but they usually always keep there word. It also wouldnt be in there interests to betray an agreement with xVx, one of the few alliances left in the game who they are on friendly terms with.
Unread 23 May 2009, 21:35   #131
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
No, Asc have promised to give up the #1 Spot if they overtake xVx (and xVx are #2).

Taking down xVx would in effect, give Asc the win (if you hit Asc enough to knock them down below ND or CT)
I based that idea on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Ascendancy have agreed with xVx that it's tag shall not finish above theirs regardless of what happens during the remainder of the round.

If you're right, then fair enough!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 21:59   #132
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
If you're right, then fair enough!
proposition 340 (0 days old): invite Death. jester commented 'This prop is to vote whether to NAP xVx, kill the BGs and even if we're ahead, kick people from tag so xVx win (the incentive). **** the BGs and their easy ride, **** winning (it's been done to death)'.

I guess you could read from that either scenario
Unread 23 May 2009, 22:03   #133
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
yes and we landed on you, asc was still gaining all be it slowly until xVx became involved, our precipitous plunge has been since xVx intervened, as Mz said, the straw that broke the Camel's back. But whatever you want to call it xVx DID make the difference, it would have remained a fairly even fight without them.
From an ally point of view, we had sod all Asc incs early on, and were growing considerably faster than you were, mostly off your roids. The numbers weren't there to actually stop Asc's growth until xVx joined because not all the BGs were focusing on hitting you at the same time, not because any of us were actually failing at roiding you when we tried to. Your assumed superiority hasn't actually shone through this round, #1 spot or not, and we've got the breps to prove it. The whole round has been about numbers more than strategic ability. Where was your fabled defensive capability when we were landing on your core galaxies?

I don't care who wins at this point; what really gets me is the fact that Ascendancy haven't even deserved the arrogant attitudes they've assumed this round. I've stayed fairly neutral to the debate until JBG got on his high horse about numbers and started spreading serious misinformation, but the idea that we've done nothing all round when it was the coordination of the BGs that allowed xVx a chance at #1 at all is actually ****ing insulting. You're not as good as you reckon you are, you're not as good as you were last round, and I don't care if you want to NAP xVx and pick us off one by one; you can only do it because of your size and the fact that your members are largely babysat by a small group of extremely competent strategists. Personal responsibility doesn't mean actually thinking for yourself, does it? Because that doesn't lead to alliance wins. It means playing your planet as JBG tells you to, and when your best DCs took a backseat your defence crumbled.

Well done for playing the politics once again, but it's really not been your greatest moment. For the rest of us, however, this round has been pretty fun. 6 of the top 7 in terms of average size are BG block members. If we've not been taking your roids all round, where the hell did they come from?

(And if anyone reminds me that mine keep coming from F-Crew, **** off, it's not my fault )

STATUTORY DISCLAIMER: The preceding post is personal opinion and does not in any way reflect the opinions of policies of Saints, SPOOOOOON Inc. or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Unread 23 May 2009, 22:06   #134
Tommy
Sain†s

Quote:

It doesn't occur to any of you that the win is absolutely meaningless if one alliance has to kick members to give the technical #1 spot to another alliance just to honour an agreement? Hell, when it comes to that, the game may as well up and shut up shop. What would there be for xVx to be proud of if it came to that?
Unread 23 May 2009, 22:39   #135
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Quote:
Not really. You can say alot of things about Asc but they usually always keep there word.
"usually always keep there (SIC) word" effectivly means "maybe"

but just my personal opinion

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Unread 23 May 2009, 22:53   #136
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
It doesn't occur to any of you that the win is absolutely meaningless if one alliance has to kick members to give the technical #1 spot to another alliance just to honour an agreement? Hell, when it comes to that, the game may as well up and shut up shop. What would there be for xVx to be proud of if it came to that?
Not really, We take the approach that the fight for alliance rank has now ended. xVx won the battle vs Asc for the #1 spot (the only 2 alliances in contention for the spot this round) and now xVx has agree'd to back of Asc to allow a more 'fair' war for the rest of the round.

The decision from xVx to stop hitting Asc has been made due to them giving us the #1 spot. So we can feel safe in allowing them to grow and battle the BG's, otherwise xVx would of just kept hitting Asc with the BG's (if the BG's were willing) for the rest of the round.

All thats happend, is that Asc has admitted defeat and have asked xVx for a nap so they can fight the BG's more fairly.
Unread 23 May 2009, 22:58   #137
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

Quote:
From an ally point of view, we had sod all Asc incs early on, and were growing considerably faster than you were, mostly off your roids. The numbers weren't there to actually stop Asc's growth until xVx joined because not all the BGs were focusing on hitting you at the same time, not because any of us were actually failing at roiding you when we tried to.
That is a total irrelevance, you could get enormously fat and still not affect the outcome of the round so long as xVx were not involved; ending highest avarage would be an achievement, you still couldnt be number 1.
OFC we havnt taken roids off U; we aint even raided spoooon to my knowledge, I meant we were still landing attacks, which in fairness is more than we did when fighting omen because then we grounded fleets to fight.
EDIT: Have ppl forgotten we were also fighting ND&VGN constantly, they aint BGs, and also CT occasionally (arguably they only gal raided the occasional asc heavy gal) We also directed a resonable amount of fire ND's direction before xVx became involved, because they coped with it less well than evo or DLR.

Quote:
Your assumed superiority hasn't actually shone through this round, #1 spot or not, and we've got the breps to prove it. The whole round has been about numbers more than strategic ability. Where was your fabled defensive capability when we were landing on your core galaxies?
this has been a round where the defensive has been twice as hard as before, no one will dispute we screwed up on a large number of occasions. we ALWAYS had a lot of ****ups, just that last round if Ur lot crashed on us we profited and that profit then covered our mistakes in other areas

Quote:
I don't care who wins at this point; what really gets me is the fact that Ascendancy haven't even deserved the arrogant attitudes they've assumed this round. I've stayed fairly neutral to the debate until JBG got on his high horse about numbers and started spreading serious misinformation, but the idea that we've done nothing all round when it was the coordination of the BGs that allowed xVx a chance at #1 at all is actually ****ing insulting.
Asc does arrogant well, always has; everyone elses problem is that you take it seriously and let it get to you. In all fairness by all splitting into your small battlegroups in effect abdicating any desire for alliance ranking then expecting another to do that for you gives us a reason to be arrogant, you seemed to shy away from a challenge on a level playing field. If 3 victories doesnt give us a chance to have an opinion of ourselves what does?

Quote:
You're not as good as you reckon you are, you're not as good as you were last round,
We certainly agree with you there, we never intended to be as good this round... alot of the best are hardly playing, its an off round for us.

Quote:
I don't care if you want to NAP xVx and pick us off one by one; you can only do it because of your size and the fact that your members are largely babysat by a small group of extremely competent strategists. Personal responsibility doesn't mean actually thinking for yourself, does it? Because that doesn't lead to alliance wins. It means playing your planet as JBG tells you to, and when your best DCs took a backseat your defence crumbled.
That is total garbage; our defence has been far more competent than most other alliances ever muster, it has simply been different to what ppl have grown used too, ofc with the DCing for each one of us ourselves the quality of it depends on individual defences varies far more, but the quality of all DCs varies.

Quote:
Well done for playing the politics once again, but it's really not been your greatest moment. For the rest of us, however, this round has been pretty fun. 6 of the top 7 in terms of average size are BG block members. If we've not been taking your roids all round, where the hell did they come from?
The political turnabout is what the game is all about, this game is about politics man, there is nothing underhand in securing your position with it. PPL seem to think politicking is wrong, your crazy. Without politicking you could not create a block to start with, so dont complain when we politick to evade the block.
Actually most roids of most alliances come from the nubs at the bottom of the chain. You are only so fat because we have NOT raided competently for 5 nights ecause everyone holds fleets for def, all fleets have been hitting us not you, ofc ur fat and we aint. Thats how it works, it was also the point of the whole campaign surely. Yes Evo and DLR are full of very competant players, they have taken most of our retals that were not aimed at xVx and are still doing splendidly.

Quote:
STATUTORY DISCLAIMER: The preceding post is personal opinion and does not in any way reflect the opinions of policies of Saints, SPOOOOOON Inc. or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
How come you think that I or even JBG represent asc in our posts, every post is a personal opinion. Putting that there is almost tantamount to saying omg dont hit us because I argued! Its rediculious you might even consider it

PS whenever I said WE I really MEANT the ROYAL WE because IM THAT AWESOME not because I represent any sort of group or collective... THAT SAID: LOWER YOUR SHEILDS PREPARE TO BE ASSIMILATED.

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 23 May 2009 at 23:12.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2009, 23:10   #138
Tommy
Sain†s

Wow, and you talk about me taking things seriously. The disclaimer was mocking Light's disclaimer requirement - I don't care how you choose to take my posts.

I also don't care how you play the politics, but last round you did politics AND played well, and that gave you cause to be arrogant. This one has been pretty different. Saints had no opportunity to join another alliance - most of us know very few people within the PA community, as most of us haven't played PA in the better part of a decade. We came to the game as a one-time thing because we'd played together in other games and a few of the core people involved were dragged back for the 'last round' (myself, theking, gro, aapje etc). We had little choice other than to play as a 30-odd player BG, and this round happened to be a good round to do that in because a lot of other people decided to do the same thing. We won't be back next round, or in future rounds most likely, but a lot of our members may go on to join other alliances. It's not our fault there haven't been enough strong alliances to challenge you this round, but we've been lumped together with the other BGs because they're who we've been working with. That's your mistake, not ours. The motives behind their playing styles are totally different to ours.
Unread 23 May 2009, 23:13   #139
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Wow, and you talk about me taking things seriously. The disclaimer was mocking Light's disclaimer requirement - I don't care how you choose to take my posts.
I have to put mine there, as there are very few xVx posters (if any) and i generally talk about politics in my post. So then afew people took what i posted about, as xVx's policys or who we have naps with or even xVx's intentions.

You can 'mock' my disclaimer if you like but i only need to put it there as some people are stupid and pm Cardi (and others) asking if its true what i said

Also to Londo.. what JBG posts may be his personal opinion but you can be pretty sure alot of people take it as Asc's overall opinion
Unread 23 May 2009, 23:31   #140
Tommy
Sain†s

I know you do, it was just mildly amusing how people started picking up on it. :P
Unread 23 May 2009, 23:31   #141
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

shdnt that be "No, Asc have promised to give up the #1 Spot if they overtake xvx"

no we won't, unless xVx would get knocked down below nd level

but who can see that still happening, that is just silly.
even with the bg's turning on xVx some time in the future, it would only result on them getting hit by asc and xVx together.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2009, 09:40   #142
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

if you want you can play with the saints in ASC!
Unread 24 May 2009, 10:12   #143
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

It's great playing without alliance politics in mind. Makes the game enjoyable, some people in here don't seem to be enjoying themselves.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2009, 10:23   #144
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The agreement is what is and people can interpret it how they want.

What people forget is that the whole issue of Ascendancy keeping their word is dependent on them overtaking xVx, which doesn't look likely at the present time. Ascendancy's crop simply isn't as good and there is an ever widening deficit to overcome, with limited amounts of time. If people are willing to test our word by the way, I'm entirely welcome to us being put in that position, given our impeccable track record in holding our agreements.

What's far more important is that the BG's seem to have taken this move quite badly, but this is just a natural reaction to the way they opted to play. Ultimately what happened to Ascendancy can all too easily happen to xVx and in the previous situation Ascendancy were looking none to clever as the numbers and the game mechanics (which this round make it impossible* to resist a situation where you're outnumbered) were totally against them. Indeed, it's these game mechanics that the BG's have profited from that are about to backfire on them quite considerably, as highlighted by DLR's substantial loss yesterday.

As I've described there's plenty of mutual benefit around here; I guess if the BG's don't like that so much they need to create a situation to change that.

*Let me explain why it's so staggeringly difficult because I spent a lot of time talking about it but not really saying why. First of all by restricting the strongest ships to low ETA classes, you effectively make the game a situation of 'who has the most ships'. Then of course you remove the ability to allow things like fakes beyond zero fleets and pods only where there is no FA. On top of that by not having strong fleets in all classes, you remove the possibility of having weaknesses in fleets - which thus makes it impossible to tailor fleets to take out your opponent, as everything is focussed on one or two ship classes because they are the only things that are viable. So if there is more of them than of you, beyond getting external help from your galaxy or OOGOOA defence, you are dead. If the game had more depth, alliances would be far more disposed to survive against greater numbers and many of these BG's have my sympathy because they're facing the same horrific cliff face. Unfortunately these stats have reduced this round to bludgeon tactics. So they're shit. But they're no excuse for our underperformance - they just make us look worse.

Last edited by lokken; 24 May 2009 at 10:39.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2009, 10:31   #145
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This has become, without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite political move in planetarion. I know most of you probably think that all my posts are part of some sort of all consuming propaganda effort designed to ensure ascendancy win but honestly they're really not. When I asked what was the point of this round I was genuine. I think most of us can fairly acknowledge that the alliance with the most quality players at the minute is ascendancy. Pretty much all of us can acknowledge that ascendancy can't beat a block of 400 odd. Most of us can acknowledge that a block of 2-300 odd being "fairly" active in hitting ascendancy wasn't enough to keep us off the #1 spot. So at some point between 2 and 400 we hit the point at which the amount of incoming on ascendancy simply proved too much to handle in this round's stats set etc. Fan ****ing tastic.

I think this is the best case scenario for everyone though. Nobody wanted ascendancy to win, it won't happen (as far as I'm concerned pateam can reset our tag score to zero if people want). xVx were looking for a win, they've got it. People joined ascendancy looking for planet ranks apparently, they'll probably get them. People joined the bgs looking to play in a small group at a high level I'm told, well you can enjoy doing that while we piss on you one at a time (or maybe we'll lose, who knows).

All the spastics flipping out because we've gone out and done something unexpected at this point really entertain me. What in the hell did you think we'd do? Wait for all of you to get bored and go neutral/hostile to xvx so we could spend the rest of the round grinding away to get #1? The idea that somehow xvx wouldn't deserve the round win if we kicked members is distressingly idiotic though. We've made a political agreement, and I think this has been the first one where we actually decided as a collective which makes me tingle inside in my special place, as a result of events ingame which will, in all likelihood, lead to xvx winning. Wow, it's pretty much exactly what was happening currently anyways. Someone call the carebear militia.
Unread 24 May 2009, 10:59   #146
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

And all this because a bunch of BG's. :-)
Unread 24 May 2009, 11:31   #147
morrow

morrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nicemorrow is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo View Post
Which were reprimanded weeks ago for being egoistic, boring and not banding together instead and form one alliance (which would have crumbled after a week)!

I for one think things didn't work out too bad for this round; at least gave everyone something to do
Unread 24 May 2009, 11:34   #148
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo View Post
I'm not sure if this was a reply to me but seeing as it was directly after my post I'll assume it was. No, this situation is not entirely due to the various bgs playing this round. Yes, it is mostly due to the way they acted. People seem to want ascendancy to whine and moan and rant just so they can say "ha, look at them whining and moaning and ranting". We probably have done a bit of it as well, there's something about being horrifyingly outnumbered that riles up all of our inner guardians of justice and fairness. The game is what it is though, you deal with the situation in front of you. If you don't like the way we've dealt with the situation confronting us, well, I'm sure you know what you can all do. You've been doing it for the last few days anyways.
Unread 24 May 2009, 11:43   #149
newt
Banned

Anyone else feel like planetarion is a catch22 at the moment?

Last round: asc are outnumbered - but still come through and win (so universe should have got slightly more numbers - maybe one more alliance? or maybe that one extra alliance would have been too much and asc would have napped omen and done what they've done this round).

This round: Enough numbers are maintained so that asc can be beaten - and asc do this.

Its qutie simple for me ... as ascendancy declare themselves. YOU HAVE ALL THE BEST PLAYERS [or a large % of the best players]. Just like you say

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
What in the hell did you think we'd do?
Well, what do you think the rest of the universe will do when you've shown in the past that even outnumbered you will still win? you said 200-300 wasn't enough to stop asc winning. 400 is. Maybe you should tell the universe the perfect number at which the fight is equal!

321? 322? 329?

Or maybe you want a normal fight each round and cruise to victory?

Or mabe you should stop accepting every awesome player that applies and put planetarion back on a more level playing field (though you'll surely still be the top alliance due to your philosophies).
Unread 24 May 2009, 11:50   #150
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Or mabe you should stop accepting every awesome player that applies and put planetarion back on a more level playing field (though you'll surely still be the top alliance due to your philosophies).
It's still not Ascendancy's fault if people prefer to play with us instead of you. It's not our responsibility to ensure that people go to a different alliance.