User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Oct 2006, 20:51   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Dreams] Using PA as a research tool

I had a dream last night. In the dream there were these "Baddies" one of whom had a gun. He pointed the gun at me and shot. I was somewhat suprised that i didn't die then i was informed that he hadn't shot to kill. He had actually fired a small ping pong ball sized thing at me which had partially implanted into my leg near my groin (and near the artery there). I asked the guy what it was. Turns out it was an "English bomb".

Now a Polish hostage is a person who has taken themself hostage and threatens to kill themself. According to my dream an English bomb is so named because it is very polite. When activated it explodes into the person (the majority of the bomb is actually shielding which is used to focus the small explosive charge), destroying the nearby artery. As such it kills the intended person and nobody else. The very definition of polite. *

Now either i have a fantastic imagination (and am just generally great to make up something like that all on my own whilst asleep no less) OR English bombs actually exist. I was just wondering if anybody here had heard of them.

I've tried googling / using wiki but no joy.

So does anyone know?

*in my dream the bomb also had a locator device thing built into it. Not sure if this detail is necessary but i thought i'd give it none-the-less.
Unread 26 Oct 2006, 21:47   #2
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Dreams] Using PA as a research tool

Hi Mi5 It's This One You Want

^^^^^^^^^^
Unread 26 Oct 2006, 22:22   #3
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

...im kinda interested in what happened in the rest of the dream
Unread 26 Oct 2006, 22:54   #4
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A lot of explosives use shielding in order to direct the actual explosion into a certain direction. Generally bombs that are attached to vehicles, but I believe also the explosives used in demolition, use wrapping in order to direct the majority of the force into the object that they are trying to blow up, maximizing their effectiveness.

What you described, however, mostly seems like a regular dum dum bullet, although it doesn't really use an explosion to create a similar effect.
Unread 26 Oct 2006, 23:01   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I had a dream last night about a group of orphens who were performing a play in Buckingham Palace in order to "get inside". They then were breaking into the secret underground bunker section in order to get to the valuables, in order to steal the Queen Mother's sapphires, and a collection of dinosaur skeletons.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 10:23   #6
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

your bomb sounds interesting in concept... but I forsee a minor flaw.

if it doesn't kill on impact, and is only intended to kill you later after embedment, why wouldn't you simply dislodge the pellet from your leg thereby avoiding death?
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 11:05   #7
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
According to my dream an English bomb is so named because it is very polite. When activated it explodes into the person (the majority of the bomb is actually shielding which is used to focus the small explosive charge), destroying the nearby artery. As such it kills the intended person and nobody else. The very definition of polite.
You're looking for a bullet.
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 17:40   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
your bomb sounds interesting in concept... but I forsee a minor flaw.

if it doesn't kill on impact, and is only intended to kill you later after embedment, why wouldn't you simply dislodge the pellet from your leg thereby avoiding death?

It's kinda hard to dislodge and anyways the guy who fired it was following me around (the locator was just incase i tried to run away and hide so he could find me quickly before i got a chance to dislodge it). There was probably some sort of booby trap thing involved with it as well if you did try and dislodge it *shrug*
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 18:16   #9
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i can't remember what i dreamed but i did have sex. oh and the next morning i threw a couch off our roof-terrace (and a load of other stuff that's been rotting away there for 3/4 years).
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Oct 2006, 20:24   #10
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sounds like a shaped charge to me.

If you detonate a big load of dynamite, the force goes all over the shop and damage is mainly caused by overpressure and shrapnel, which is good for killing people, but no so great for killing tanks/bunkers/making holes in things.

One way for a shaped charge to work is to use different types of explosive with different burn rates. The quicker burning explosives form a blast wave that then directs the force of the slower burning explosive in a particular direction, shaping the explosive force of the larger, but slower burning explosive charge into a more concentrated beam.

Shaped charges are a lot more effective if the first stage also melts a quantity of high-melting point metal, which is then blasted forward by the force of the secondary. This molten metal stream then has the ability to melt armour/walls/things before penetrating and then splurging all over whatever is inside, followed by the jet blast of the explosive itself.

Suffice to say, that's quite effective really...

Wikipedia has a whole bunch of material on it, I just got mine from reading military magazines and Tom Clancy books.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2006, 03:33   #11
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough

You have a great imagination loving it i doubt they actually exist but that doesnt mean someone shouldnt try to invent one now does it
Dom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 13:33   #12
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom32
You have a great imagination loving it i doubt they actually exist but that doesnt mean someone shouldnt try to invent one now does it
I think the Geneva Convention might have something to say about it
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2006, 14:50   #13
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

In the stories I have read such an explosive is usually imbeded in the skull in the back of the head or in the front near the jugular.

Most of the stories involve the explosive being used as a means of control to have a person do something or face death.

I also found a forum thread talking about terrorist plots related to explosives being surgically inserted in the human body. The discussion starts about entry #40.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 17:06   #14
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When I worked for the government, reading military magazines was part of the job to stay 'current', most of the above is what I remember from fifteen years ago.

Clancy may be over-dramatic, but he knows his tech pretty well. Read Red Storm Rising for all you need to really know about modern ground combat.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2006, 01:26   #15
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In essence the dream was about having a lump near your groin which could go off at any moment killing you.

Performance anxiety!