User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Oct 2006, 15:14   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
In your youthful, wisdom what is the besy way to advertise a website?

I have recently set up a legitimate business website and had underestimated how hard it would be to advertise my site without spending a fortune.

So I ask you all in your youthful wisdom of all internetty things how would you go about advertising a website for free or very little money? I seriously expect you to tell me things I didnt already know and make my website a page rank busting fortune making mutherfuker!

This Entrepreneurial webmaster is all ears....
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 15:20   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: In your youthful, wisdom what is the besy way to advertise a website?

What does your legitimate business website do?
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 15:22   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Give me $100 and I'll put it in my forum signiture and IRC quit message for a week.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 15:30   #4
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Give me $100 and I'll put it in my forum signiture and IRC quit message for a week.
The time for you to make money on irc has not yet come.
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 16:09   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Google is your friend

Alternatively just go here.
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 16:11   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Also ... i've been thinking about setting up a website for a while now and i've researched it, drawing up a business plan etc. Crashtester you're a ****ing moron if you didn't know all you possibly could about the online market place before you bought your website address and hosting.
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 16:20   #7
Rakh

Rakh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Also ... i've been thinking about setting up a website for a while now and i've researched it, drawing up a business plan etc. Crashtester you're a ****ing moron if you didn't know all you possibly could about the online market place before you bought your website address and hosting.
If he plans on strictly doing buisness online, yes. But it could be a supplement to an offline buisness endeavour, in which case it makes some sense.

If the site is an online only buisness endeavour, you will have a lot of hurdles to pass through. In all honesty, unless you have some groundbreaking idea that will draw them hordes, you won't see all that much buisness for quite some time.
Rakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 16:24   #8
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

DACE: well i am not a moron and I do know about online marketing, but as I said 'I seriously expect you to tell me things I didnt already know and make my website a page rank busting fortune making mutherfuker'

NODROG: as popular as you think you are, I dont think that would be worth $100 and would probably contravene this forums advertising rule. Besides which I doubt Planetarion forums are a) my target market b) important enough in my business field to increase my page rank sufficiently. So thanks but no thanks.

TOMKAT: its real estate
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 16:27   #9
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

put signs up all round town.

get a load of stickers and run round sticking them on all the for sale signs in your area.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 16:28   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakh
If he plans on strictly doing buisness online, yes. But it could be a supplement to an offline buisness endeavour, in which case it makes some sense.

If the site is an online only buisness endeavour, you will have a lot of hurdles to pass through. In all honesty, unless you have some groundbreaking idea that will draw them hordes, you won't see all that much buisness for quite some time.

From what he wrote i got the impression that it wasn't a website to supplement a real life business. Even if it was he should still want it to be as successful as possible which requires him to have researched properly.

Also the "if it's an online business you probably won't see much in the way of money for a while" argument against stacking the odds in your favour is retarded also. If you know something's going to be hard you should work all the harder to make it succeed.
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 16:32   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
DACE: well i am not a moron and I do know about online marketing, but as I said 'I seriously expect you to tell me things I didnt already know and make my website a page rank busting fortune making mutherfuker'

You come to a general discussion forum for a spreadsheet based space combat game and "seriously expect [us] to tell [you] things [you] didnt already know and make [your] website a page rank busting fortune making mutherfuker". I repeat, "You are a moron".
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 16:33   #12
CrashTester
I am an idiot

My website is supplementing a foreign business that currently has no UK exposure, therefore the website will be the single focal point for UK customers. It is already an established business in its country of origin.
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 17:16   #13
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
You come to a general discussion forum for a spreadsheet based space combat game and "seriously expect [us] to tell [you] things [you] didnt already know and make [your] website a page rank busting fortune making mutherfuker". I repeat, "You are a moron".

stop being so aggressive you silly little boy. feel honoured that {I} asked {YOU} for your advice.
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 18:19   #14
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Registering a domain and getting hosting take no effort and cost peanuts.
For anyone who's not absolutely skint, and thinks they have a good idea, there's very little harm in taking these steps first.

The best way of getting people to visit a site is to have decent content. Aside from the listings, do you have pages containing helpful information for people looking to rent a house? (landlord tick-lists, 'things to consider', 'how much can i afford'...delete as applicable).
You need to make sure that the key information is contained as such within your page.
Have you used heading tags for headings? Are details like the location of properties given the prominence they deserve?

If your site is targetted at a particular geographic area, you obviously limit the market, but it will be much easier to personalise the site to people looking. Things like 'local schools/parks/shopping centres' will be of interest to people, and make you a little different to other places.
If you're not trying to target everywhere, and can find someone else doing a similar thing in a different area, you can agree to swap links.

setup some traffic-logging on your site and see how people are finding it, what search-terms they're using to get there and so on- this can help you focus your attempts to increase the current trends, rather than wasting time on areas noone is interested in.

paying for adverts is probably the best way to get people to your site though.
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 18:47   #15
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Youtube.

Make a video of yourself acting in a stupid manner.

Place subliminal messages in between clips and have adverts before and after the video.

For maximum effect make sure it's some really retarded shit.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 19:23   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
He could read out some of his posts from GD

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 20:26   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
stop being so aggressive you silly little boy. feel honoured that {I} asked {YOU} for your advice.

I'll stop being agressive when you stop being retarded. I fear i shall be agressive for life though.
Unread 11 Oct 2006, 10:07   #18
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
I'll stop being agressive when you stop being retarded. I fear i shall be agressive for life though.
I'll stop being retarded when you stop being agressive. Do we have a deal little man?
Unread 11 Oct 2006, 10:18   #19
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

How do you discover new sites CrashTester?
Unread 11 Oct 2006, 10:20   #20
CrashTester
I am an idiot

planetarion forums, innit!
Unread 11 Oct 2006, 10:34   #21
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
planetarion forums, innit!
Nodrog's offer it is then
Unread 11 Oct 2006, 10:50   #22
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Good content -> word of mouth.
Unread 11 Oct 2006, 14:26   #23
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

pop-ups.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 14:15   #24
Shadow1980
Search Engine Specialist

Shadow1980 is infamous around these partsShadow1980 is infamous around these parts

1. Good content
2. A reason for people to return
3. search engine compatibility (technical)
4. search engine optimisation
5. link building

After this re-evaluate the situation and decide on the next steps. Without the will for investment, it is a long process as you enter an extremely competative market.
Shadow1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 15:01   #25
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakh

like making bookmarks?
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 16:04   #26
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
word of mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by average Internet user
Yo dawg, chek this site out man, its da shitzanaggle mofo fukkin last fukkin werd in real estate homie.

Ah's bustin ma ass to chek da bizzawagga fukkin offic place for sho' an' this mofo offers da shit for fukkin $6/sq ft MUTHERFUKKIN A DAWG

I's be mailin da CrashTester dude with alla ma green homie, a pity da fool dat dont be usin tha bitchin site fo da lowdown office space man about town clown, man, dawg, etc.
This kind of word of mouth?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 21:14   #27
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Spray painting the external fuel tank of a space shuttle
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 22:06   #28
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Youtube.

Make a video of yourself acting in a stupid manner.

Place subliminal messages in between clips and have adverts before and after the video.

additionally, viral marketing is all the rage yo :P
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 23:35   #29
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Discover and target the demographic you want.

Get listed on google and MSN search .. google mostly for the under 30's.. MSN for the over 45's.

Once you get a customer, treat them well and they will spread the word.

Graphics and colours on your website that suit the product and a style that suits the age group your targetting.

Not too many buttons and good navigation.

but most of all, a product that everyone needs/wants/loves.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 01:04   #30
Ephor
Monkey Man

Ephor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond reputeEphor has a reputation beyond repute

Drink ten pints of premium beer and shout out your slogan to anyone that's there to hear!
Unread 14 Oct 2006, 01:25   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
This kind of word of mouth?
did someone pee in your mouth?
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 18:02   #32
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Ok, for those interested;

I think I have made the page easy to navigate, I've kept the colours simple yet striking. I've done my best with content, the site itself if not the sort where the content will continually change except to add new property. I've got listings in Google, MSN, Yahoo and a couple of other lesser known engines, Ask.com picked it up a few weeks ago but the bot has not returned since.

My page ranking is probably nil at the moment, I need to get some referral links. I have supplimented the site with a discussion board with a hope to get people to come back while they are thinking about buying a property.

The iframe is going, it hasnt worked as planned and there are still one or two things that are to be implemented, but anyway, tell me what you think so far; www.kesenvillas.com

I will take on board honest and constructive criticism even if its negative, I wont take personal insults from little people though.
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 18:27   #33
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

I actually quite like the layout. Not the colours though.

One problem I found was when I looked at a property and all the pics pop up (then under you can mouseover a word and it brings up a bigger picture) I cant always see the full picture. Only 2/3 of it.

Apart from that you can have a

Last edited by Madina; 16 Oct 2006 at 18:37.
Madina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 18:33   #34
Ste
Bored

why has noone spammed the forum yet

Unread 16 Oct 2006, 19:33   #35
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

the layout is reasonable, colours are yuck.
The words on the image at the top-right are unreadable (and unclickable, which I expected them to be).
There's a big gap between the bottom of the header and the start of the content, when there doesn't need to be (Opera 9...possibly a browser thing?)

Your headings should use heading tags, this aids with SE indexing.

The 'more info' pages on the properties has a 'print' button, which is fairly useful for the type of page it is, but it's probably worth editing the layout a bit (CSS can allow print-only stylesheets that might help...) so it fits on a single page. There's also no link back to the rest of the site from these pages.

meta-keywords don't have to be single words. rather than 'property', 'for' and 'sale' separately, you'd do better comining them.

The 'title' of all your pages is the same. Making it applicable to the content will help.

The 'details of the area' page could do with more information- information/links to hotels (prospective buyers will want to stay somewhere...perhaps look into arranging a discount and/or comission for referrals?), golf courses, etc. and maps of the area, showing where the properties are that you have listed.

The site is seemingly aimed at UK buyers, yet all the prices quoted are in Euros- this is confusing.

The 'how to buy' guide is confusing, but the 'summary' at the top is a bit too short- something that explains the legalese in English would probably be of use.

The email link in the header links to a non-existant page: prefix the email address with 'mailto:' or put together a contact-form.

The discussion forum is ridiculously slow to load- this is unprofessional and offputting.

Having lots of empty forums is offputting- better (imo) to start with just a couple, and then make more as you notice particular themes becoming common enough to warrant a forum of their own. Having the forum integrated with the rest of your site would be better, but that obviously requires a bit more tech-knowledge.

Hopefully some things to think about
Unread 16 Oct 2006, 19:56   #36
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

I would help but I know someone in pretty much direct competition with you
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 10:47   #37
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Thanks for the freedback SYMM, here are some replies;

Quote:
the layout is reasonable, colours are yuck.
The words on the image at the top-right are unreadable (and unclickable, which I expected them to be).
There's a big gap between the bottom of the header and the start of the content, when there doesn't need to be (Opera 9...possibly a browser thing?)
The image and words at the top right were accidentally saved as gif and lost most of the clarity. This is one of the jobs I intended to fix.

The gap you see is a browser thing Im sure. There is actually an iframe there displaying images which I dont think is loading for you (popup blockers I suspect). This is being removed and replaced - the idea just didnt workout!

Quote:
Your headings should use heading tags, this aids with SE indexing.
Please explain more or point to a good tutorial - I have no knowlegge of this.

Quote:
The 'more info' pages on the properties has a 'print' button, which is fairly useful for the type of page it is, but it's probably worth editing the layout a bit (CSS can allow print-only stylesheets that might help...) so it fits on a single page. There's also no link back to the rest of the site from these pages.
I will bear this in mind but to be honest I dont have much CSS experience and not sure I have the time at the moment to find out how to implement this. Can you tell me if the print page worked for you?

I also intend to provide a currency converter on these pages.

Quote:
meta-keywords don't have to be single words. rather than 'property', 'for' and 'sale' separately, you'd do better comining them.

The 'title' of all your pages is the same. Making it applicable to the content will help.
I didnt know you could do that with meta tags, thanks for the tip.

I was unsure if the title should be the same for all pages or different for each. Is your advice based on what you know to be true or what you guess to be true?

Quote:
The 'details of the area' page could do with more information- information/links to hotels (prospective buyers will want to stay somewhere...perhaps look into arranging a discount and/or comission for referrals?), golf courses, etc. and maps of the area, showing where the properties are that you have listed.
The area guides will be updated and expanded, they have had very little work on them. Unfortunately I havent been to most of these places so its hard writing something useful.

Maps are to be added. Just another of those little things I need to do!

Quote:
The site is seemingly aimed at UK buyers, yet all the prices quoted are in Euros- this is confusing.
Yes, it is aimed at UK buyers. Prices are listed in Euros for one reason, our constructors price their property in Euros and we obviously cannot advertise a converted pound price because of rate fluxuation. I will be adding a handy currency converter on pages where necessary.

Quote:
The 'how to buy' guide is confusing, but the 'summary' at the top is a bit too short- something that explains the legalese in English would probably be of use.
Im unsure how to remedy this. It was provided by my turkish partner, I dont speak turkish and im not in a position to write my own at the moment, I am reliant on my partner.

Quote:
The email link in the header links to a non-existant page: prefix the email address with 'mailto:' or put together a contact-form.
Cheers, this explains the many page not found shows im get on the site statistics. The button works fine for me but obviously not others. I will fix it!

Quote:
The discussion forum is ridiculously slow to load- this is unprofessional and offputting.
Thats odd, it loads very quickly for me even on 56K dialup. The only explanation I can have right now is that I know my host is having a few problems with (wait for it...) Turkish spammers! I think the servers run slow from time to time because of this.

Quote:
Having lots of empty forums is offputting- better (imo) to start with just a couple, and then make more as you notice particular themes becoming common enough to warrant a forum of their own. Having the forum integrated with the rest of your site would be better, but that obviously requires a bit more tech-knowledge.
Point taken about empty forums I am working to get members on there and populate it so I think I will chance it for now.

I will look to integrate the forums which would be my ideal but again, as you say this requires a bit more teccy knowledge with I need to work out when I have the time.

Quote:
Hopefully some things to think about
Yes, thanks

Last edited by CrashTester; 17 Oct 2006 at 16:39.
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 11:11   #38
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The area guides will be updated and expanded, they have had very little work on them. Unfortunately I havent been to most of these places so its hard writing something useful.
It's certainly easier just copying and pasting it from a rivals website though isn't it?
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 11:21   #39
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
It's certainly easier just copying and pasting it from a rivals website though isn't it?

Yes it is. And truth be told that is what Ive done so far. However, its not very professional if a customer comes to my website and sees the same area guide as the website before! Thats why I would like to change it all to our own content.

Who does your friend work for by the way?
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 12:03   #40
Ragnarak

Quote:
Yes it is. And truth be told that is what Ive done so far. However, its not very professional if a customer comes to my website and sees the same area guide as the website before! Thats why I would like to change it all to our own content.
Indeed, that was the point I was making. Maybe I was a tad too subtle.

Quote:
Who does your friend work for by the way?
He wrote the page you copied and pasted
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 12:23   #41
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
Indeed, that was the point I was making. Maybe I was a tad too subtle.

He wrote the page you copied and pasted
Hehe..now that is funny! Tell him I am sorry and it will be removed soon
Unread 17 Oct 2006, 14:30   #42
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
I actually quite like the layout. Not the colours though.

One problem I found was when I looked at a property and all the pics pop up (then under you can mouseover a word and it brings up a bigger picture) I cant always see the full picture. Only 2/3 of it.

Apart from that you can have a
Thanks for taking a look. Can you check again for me and see if it is Plans 3 of the Erdogan apartments that you can only see 2/3rds of the roll over picture?

I think I've loaded a large resolution image instead of the smaller one, all the others seem OK to me. Cheers
Unread 12 Jul 2013, 22:37   #43
CrashTester
I am an idiot

My new website is successful And earning monies
Unread 13 Jul 2013, 19:04   #44
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What's the secret to your success?
Unread 13 Jul 2013, 22:06   #45
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Google ads! People clicking on google ads
Unread 14 Jul 2013, 18:33   #46
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It requires many hundreds of thousands of daily visitors to even get close to supporting a small team via PPC ads. You must have a pretty notable site if you are able to live off of a PPC site?
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 00:25   #47
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Lol. I didn't say I was living off it but I am earning some money from google ads alone. It's a forum which ranks highly in its niche.
Unread 15 Jul 2013, 12:26   #48
s|k
Caveat Lector

What's your site?
Unread 27 Jul 2013, 04:23   #49
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

aforumwhichrankshighlyinitsniche.com
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jul 2013, 18:37   #50
s|k
Caveat Lector

I wish I could figure out a nice little passive income from some site that has low maintenance.