User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 May 2006, 22:22   #101
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Plastic Brilliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The only perspective myself, nod, yahwe, dante and T&F share the same opinions from is some appalling authoritarian shithole.
What about me?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2006, 22:26   #102
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
What about me?
Get back in your authoritarian shithole.
Unread 27 May 2006, 22:34   #103
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Get back in your authoritarian shithole.
Make me!
Unread 27 May 2006, 22:38   #104
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Make me!
Sorry fascist, us freedom lovers don't believe in coercion!
Unread 27 May 2006, 22:43   #105
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Sorry fascist, us freedom lovers don't believe in coercion!
I don't believe in the difference between freedom and coercion!
Unread 27 May 2006, 22:45   #106
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
I don't believe in the difference between freedom and coercion!

then your will is mine!
Unread 27 May 2006, 22:48   #107
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
then your will is mine!
Will to my power, not yours.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 27 May 2006 at 23:00.
Unread 28 May 2006, 13:02   #108
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Yahwe is better than you all
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2006, 13:50   #109
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

eh, don't care really either way. GD has more dire problems that extend from elsewhere.

GD has become a bit like a modern country.

It suffers from elitism, this is the core of any negativity being experienced, just select people that can't see things any way other than their own way.

No longer multi-cultural, GD has progressively become more UK centric. While understandable quite a large portion of it's userbase seems to be from the UK it has made it hard for foreigners like myself to find relevance in many of the topics posted here.

Maybe this ties in a certain way to the last point, too many immigrants wanting to make this place their GD instead of the open-ended GD it once was.
Unread 28 May 2006, 14:01   #110
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
No longer multi-cultural, GD has progressively become more UK centric.
GD has always been heavily UK influenced. I've not really posted much on here for the past year or so and don't see that much of a difference to what it used to be.

Basically it's missing Flavius, Muslim and Hans posting their various exploits?

p.s. Anyone know where Stew is?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2006, 14:21   #111
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
GD has always been heavily UK influenced. I've not really posted much on here for the past year or so and don't see that much of a difference to what it used to be.

p.s. Anyone know where Stew is?
4 or 5 years ago it wasn't.

When the servers were hosted in Norway this was a much more open-ended community. Once everything shifted to barrysworld and then later jolt it's progressively become more of a closed UK community.
Unread 28 May 2006, 14:26   #112
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
When the servers were hosted in Norway this was a much more open-ended community. Once everything shifted to barrysworld and then later jolt it's progressively become more of a closed UK community.
It really hasn't. People leave and not many new people come in to replace them. That's the only difference. There has always been far less non-UK people on here and when just one or two of them stop posting it's more noticeable but that's the extent of it.
Unread 28 May 2006, 14:44   #113
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
It really hasn't. People leave and not many new people come in to replace them. That's the only difference. There has always been far less non-UK people on here and when just one or two of them stop posting it's more noticeable but that's the extent of it.
I'd probably go as far as to say it was a lot more european as a whole, with a portion of US and about 2% other.

The people leaving were mostly non-uk europeans and US/Other.. while probably because of it's local the majority of new people coming on board have been from the UK.. so it's slowly tipped the balance over time.

Maybe it's been less noticable for yourself since you are a UK citizen and probably haven't noticed the change in content (ergo most of what is posted probably seems relevant, hence it looks as though nothing has changed), but I glance at the overview page with regularity, scratch my head and come back the next day hoping there's something new or different up for discussion.
Unread 28 May 2006, 15:04   #114
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Apart from the odd 'Rooney/England world cup' thread, there seems very little that non-UK people can't give an opinion on surely?
Unread 28 May 2006, 15:07   #115
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
Apart from the odd 'Rooney/England world cup' thread, there seems very little that non-UK people can't give an opinion on surely?
Wait, why would that be limited to UK people?
Unread 28 May 2006, 15:14   #116
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I think djbass could have a point here. JC's thread two and a half years ago listed the top 60 and there's quite a few non-UK names there who have declined in activity / disappeared. Leshy, Snurx, Strucutral Integrity, W, Intrepid00 and Hobbie are all names which stand out as being relatively quiet of late.

Overall there was something like very roughly 19 of the top 60 posters were from outside the UK and Ireland. Now it's something like 12 or 13 (just from glancing at the members list). Admittedlly this doesn't take into acount people like s|k, but he's hardly uber regular anymore.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2006, 15:45   #117
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Wait, why would that be limited to UK people?
Well kind of my point, if anything those are the UK limited threads, having said that, would you care if someone from Australia made a thread on 'Mick Dundee possibly out of the World Cup final through injury'

(So help me god if you pedant that last sentance)
Unread 28 May 2006, 16:13   #118
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I think djbass could have a point here. JC's thread two and a half years ago listed the top 60 and there's quite a few non-UK names there who have declined in activity / disappeared. Leshy, Snurx, Strucutral Integrity, W, Intrepid00 and Hobbie are all names which stand out as being relatively quiet of late.
How many UK people on that list don't post regularly any more?
Unread 28 May 2006, 16:24   #119
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Most of the people on that list don't post anymore, or if they do, hardly at all.

I count 20 who are still active on the forum, so we've lost quite a lot of people (but then again, we've gained plenty as well).
Unread 28 May 2006, 17:40   #120
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Probably quite a lot, but that doesn't change the fact that the top 60 posters now is more UK dominated than it was in 2003. I realise this is hardly a perfect methodology, but meh.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2006, 12:13   #121
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
but I glance at the overview page with regularity, scratch my head and come back the next day hoping there's something new or different up for discussion.
stop complaining and post a thread.

otherwise you're just a moaning parasite
Unread 29 May 2006, 13:19   #122
skiddy
wild one

Leaving my account logged in when Yahwe's staying for the weekend is somewhat foolish
Unread 29 May 2006, 13:32   #123
djbass
mmm.. pills

rofl..and to retort to yahwe.. stop dribbling how you know everything in the universe already and post something factual :P
Unread 29 May 2006, 18:14   #124
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society

I don't post anymore cause you people scare me and insult me and say bad things about my mother and it's not fair.

I want a lollypop!
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2006, 18:35   #125
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
rofl..and to retort to yahwe.. stop dribbling how you know everything in the universe already and post something factual :P
This is a strange thing to say, because, whilst many may disapprove of the tone of his posts, the actual factual content is generally rather high.
Unread 29 May 2006, 19:44   #126
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
This is a strange thing to say, because, whilst many may disapprove of the tone of his posts, the actual factual content is generally rather high.
Its just too bad that most of the times he doesnt post factual content.

GD is very UK heavy IMHO - its so UK centric that i stopped discussing in some threads and rarely join discussions anymore. I have had more than once the feeling that it was seen as "disruptive" to mention views or laws from outside the UK and i catched several neg reps and nasty comments just for "bad english".

Its might sound weird to you, but for me GD felt like getting increasingly xenophobic during the last months.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2006, 19:56   #127
JonnyBGood
Banned

You think that's bad? You should have seen it when when we invaded France!
Unread 29 May 2006, 20:14   #128
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
Its just too bad that most of the times he doesnt post factual content.

GD is very UK heavy IMHO - its so UK centric that i stopped discussing in some threads and rarely join discussions anymore. I have had more than once the feeling that it was seen as "disruptive" to mention views or laws from outside the UK and i catched several neg reps and nasty comments just for "bad english".

Its might sound weird to you, but for me GD felt like getting increasingly xenophobic during the last months.
there are two propositions here:

1) GD's threads are mostly based around 'UK' knowledge/events/ideas
2) GD is somehow 'unwelcoming' to foreigners

in re 1)

Djbass seems too busy 'rofl-ing' to notice that the only answer to this 'problem' is for non-uk posters to get up off the floor, dust themselves down from their fit of giggles and actually start posting some ****ing threads.

in re 2)

This is purely a matter of perspective. Overly sensitive people may well feel the victim of 'racism' but anyone who pays attention can see that there is no racism (and of course we have a rule against it).

The only speak in english rule is clearly explained and quite rational.
Unread 29 May 2006, 20:22   #129
JonnyBGood
Banned

And just for shits and giggles if you create a non-UK thread and it gets some overly harsh criticism I'll jump in with the ban stick. After all socialism may be shit but if you don't teach a man how to fish can you blame him for eating out your wife?
Unread 29 May 2006, 20:26   #130
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And just for shits and giggles if you create a non-UK thread and it gets some overly harsh criticism I'll jump in with the ban stick. After all socialism may be shit but if you don't teach a man how to fish can you blame him for eating out your wife?
Only if her guarantee had ran out.
Unread 31 May 2006, 23:00   #131
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So.

After 3 days as an admin (not necessarily by democratic election) on PB. And after several months as a member. I have recieved the following message from those 'in control':

Quote:
You have been banned for the following reason:
For being a nasty twat and making us change all the passwords!

Date the ban will be lifted: 07-06-2006, 22:00
I find it rather curious that I am banned merely because I managed to circumvent their 'security'.

I could have banned every member and deleted every thread.

Somehow I couldn't quite be arsed.
Unread 31 May 2006, 23:02   #132
JonnyBGood
Banned

When cyp and idi broke the forums I think we gave them avatars. That said quite how yahwe managed to break the security of anything online is so far beyond me I feel quite alone.
Unread 31 May 2006, 23:03   #133
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
When cyp and idi broke the forums I think we gave them avatars. That said quite how yahwe managed to break the security of anything online is so far beyond me I feel quite alone.
you are not alone!!!

edit: they are lovely people. bless. though they ought to have learnt the phrase "shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted" ...

Last edited by Yahwe; 31 May 2006 at 23:11.
Yahwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2006, 23:11   #134
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

I'm guessing he was round at Skiddy's and Skiddy's admin account was locked in ...
Unread 31 May 2006, 23:13   #135
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Internet forums in bitching at each other shocker
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2006, 23:24   #136
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I'm guessing he was round at Skiddy's and Skiddy's admin account was locked in ...
Skiddy was comatose on his bed (just alcohol apparently) and was logged into PB.
Yahwe decided to have a look around the admin area.
I got a panicked call from Skiddy as I was leaving work today to get 1-X to get in contact with him.
Apparently there were multiple passwords that needed to be changed, or had been changed or something.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2006, 23:25   #137
Yahwe
I am.

skiddy should have rung me
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 00:08   #138
skiddy
wild one

I didn't need to ring you, your admin had already been taken away. Besides, I didn't think there was much harm in you playing around with my laptop given that you can bearly spell the word Apple.

Next time though...

Still, could have been worse, you could be in Coventry.
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 07:07   #139
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
You have been banned for the following reason:
For being a nasty twat and making us change all the passwords!
Passwords shouldnt be stored in any readable/breakable way on a server.
So unless Yahwe manipulated the login/signup process after gaining admin powers or he himself changed passwords - PB should maybe rethink their board security?
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 09:51   #140
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Passwords shouldnt be stored in any readable/breakable way on a server.
So unless Yahwe manipulated the login/signup process after gaining admin powers or he himself changed passwords - PB should maybe rethink their board security?
or maybe it was the fact that Yahwe was at Skiddy's house and used SKiddy's logged in Admin account while Skiddy was unconcious, as previously mentioned in the thread
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 10:54   #141
Ramihyn
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
or maybe it was the fact that Yahwe was at Skiddy's house and used SKiddy's logged in Admin account while Skiddy was unconcious, as previously mentioned in the thread
I did read that but regarding to what i wrote, it doesnt matter how somebody gets access. The point is that there are always multiple ways how unwanted persons can gain access to stored passwords and therefore passwords should never be stored in a readable or even recoverable (this is argueable) way.

A common solution is to store any password as a one-way hash.

So in the given case if the passwords where stored in a safe way:

- Yahwe could start trying to crack the one-way hashes so the security would depend on the implementation of the algorithm and the individual users password choice
- Yahwe could have likely sniffed passwords during the days he was admin by manipulating the login process or the password storage method for example
- Yahwe could have changed passwords but that would be obvious to the user trying to log in

But the one thing he cant do is knowing all passwords of all users just because he had the ability to look at the stored passwords.

Yahwes interest or ability to crack passwords or manipulate the board software is a completely different topic

ps: i guess it was just a misunderstanding about what i tried to say - i was refering to the "making us change all the passwords" part

Last edited by Ramihyn; 1 Jun 2006 at 11:00.
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 11:04   #142
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
ps: i guess it was just a misunderstanding about what i tried to say - i was refering to the "making us change all the passwords" part
There was nothing noticeable to the individual user - he didn't find the user passwords he found the admin passwords.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 11:21   #143
JonnyBGood
Banned

I bet the mods board at PB is full of horribly dark secrets

I know ours is!
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 13:25   #144
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yahwe could start trying to crack the one-way hashes so the security would depend on the implementation of the algorithm
that's a pretty hilarious sentence right there.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 13:26   #145
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Plastic Brilliance

Sounds a bit like Star Trek talk to me.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 13:44   #146
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I bet the mods board at PB is full of horribly dark secrets

I know ours is!
it is
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 14:08   #147
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
I didn't need to ring you, your admin had already been taken away. Besides, I didn't think there was much harm in you playing around with my laptop given that you can bearly spell the word Apple.

Next time though...

Still, could have been worse, you could be in Coventry.

Someone on these forums went to coventry. I dont think he twigged (maybe still hasnt) for a few months

teehee
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 14:17   #148
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
Someone on these forums went to coventry. I dont think he twigged (maybe still hasnt) for a few months

teehee
is he or she still posting?

i'm intrigued!

Unread 1 Jun 2006, 14:37   #149
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
that's a pretty hilarious sentence right there.
ENHANCE.
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 18:25   #150
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
or maybe it was the fact that Yahwe was at Skiddy's house and used SKiddy's logged in Admin account while Skiddy was unconcious
he was wide awake sitting next to me and watching tv as it happens.

i believe the passwords they were concerned about where their v-buletin numbers and account stuff which (as afore mentioned) I was far too bored to bother reading.

I prefered the gossip on the mods forum and learning the origin of this very thread