User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 21 Jun 2006, 14:04   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Dole

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
This is my position. Because I believe that those facts and figures are a factor but they aren't necessarily the be all and end all of what I term to be the quality of society.

I do not think Yahwe is concerned with facts and figures of 'standard of living', he is concerned with society in terms of the quality of people and their mentality towards living and he might be right.
Eighty years ago an even larger portion of the population were nationalistic, jingoistic morons. Eighty years ago people lived in crushing poverty with literally no means of escape (while this is still true elsewhere in the world it is largely untrue today across the western world). To be honest I'm not really sure what you mean by mentality of people towards living and their "quality".

Quote:
What you've done is taken your own favoured definition of society and run with it. I don't think it's a bad definition as it goes. But from the definition that I inferred from Yahwe's post, I don't see what's he said as being horrifically wrong.
I've taken a factual and empirical definition. If you want to waffle on about the quality of people living today that's your prerogative but I doubt your audience will be much wider than those who tell you that England was a lot better before the blacks moved in.