Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 21 Apr 2005, 13:35   #1
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road
lo gentlemen and women

maybe you dont know me maybe you do.
be that as it may, i created a roleplaying game that is to be lead on several boards and also in pa in form of an alliance.
that may seem strange at beginning or it may not maybe im not the first to have this idea. But if it interests you rread the following txt which is copied into here from nother board.

On entering the Realms of Gobi i would ask everyone to leave a character outline here. Ill show how its done:

All my life i have been hunted.
Some say im damned, tho most dont know me, so what should i care.
However there some that do know me.

My enemies of old are neither dead nor beaten. Laziness creeps upon humanity. So ´sure are they of themselves. I hear the storm calling. I cannot do it tho. I cannot destroy this. But otherwise it will get rotten. I have to start afresh yet again. Another generation of humanity has killed itself.

The screams of the storms are getting louder by the minute. I feel haunted. If there just was anyone to help me. Im so tired. I need a day of and a spliff. Well what the heck. The storms are overpowering me. I feel it. Not long now and they will be free. They will storm. And only the few shall survive. It wont be an ark. This time it shall be a desert. The centrum of the storm. In the Gobi humanity shall survie. One tribe above all. The Hara Gobi. Their might and powress will keep humanity alive.

The storms are gone.
I feel good.
for the first time in thousands of years i dont have to hold anything back.
My powers flow throught the universe and the ppl touched get magicks they never thought possible and they start to believ. Now it is they understand. And that is making the, Hara Gobi. I am Leigobi and the Desert has born me.

Welcome to the Desert of the Real World.

well the middle part is just copied

Im Leigobi, to be found in #public for questions
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 06:55   #2
Lei~
~Gon

Re: lo gentlemen and women

ok plz help me

i might have made several mistakes that are just not done or maybe i simply dint have a good nuff idea when posting, but
what i ws wondering is there something i missed when joining this frum?
or should i now just join into other threads?

thx for any help ill correct my post if thats any help
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 07:15   #3
Dunin Hemm
Bärsärkarvarg

Dunin Hemm is on a distinguished road

Well, the biggest problem I'm sensing here, is that your opening post doesn't make much sense. At least not to me. Lacking grammar aside, you haven't told us what the RP is about. Fantasy? Science fiction? Modern? You told us to make a character presentation and said that you would show us how - but what followed seemed to be some sort of poem.

If you could be a bit more specific?
Dunin Hemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 07:25   #4
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

I agree with the previous poster.

TBH I didn't actually 'get' what it was all about. Maybe it is just because of me lacking the linguistic skills.
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 07:48   #5
Lei~
~Gon

well it might be because of my forthgoing addicition to hash but i feel the grammar and style to be fitting for a rpg. but i thank both of you lots for the advice i will read the thread thru trying to correct the things youve put forward...

gimme a day to do that tho, might get work
eek
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 07:49   #6
Lei~
~Gon

and also im sorry but its serveral threads
as its a rpg thought to be played on various forums official and not so official
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 15:24   #7
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Let's see what it turns out like
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 23:41   #8
Richpur
Just call me sir.

Richpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of lightRichpur is a glorious beacon of light

On a totally different and somewhat irrelevant note - the female version of gentlemen is ladies not women; also the ladies are customarily listed first in cases of equal standing, therefore your title is technically stating that the female roleplayers in residence are inferior to the male ones...
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 01:27   #9
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

Hehehe.. gotta love it when you can find sexism in accidental titles. Unless it wasn't an accident in which case for shame! FOR SHAME!

Looks okay I guess but your spelling should try to improve or run every post through a spell check.

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 02:26   #10
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

are you stoned right now?
*_* ^_^
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 12:47   #11
Muha
The Port Royale

Muha will become famous soon enoughMuha will become famous soon enough

but...if ladies comes first, doesnt that imply males are inferior to females

how about gentladies or something similar :P
[16:45] <Ur_Quan> brains?? am i missing something??
(13:17:44) (+PyRo`) Muha is a genius <3
(02:51:02) • +Siv|Risk bows before the overwhelming knowledge of Muha
Muha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2005, 14:51   #12
lantadors evil twin
Retired

lantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muha
but...if ladies comes first, doesnt that imply males are inferior to females
And the problem with that is...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muha
how about gentladies or something similar :P
How about no
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 13:12   #13
Lei~
~Gon

to clear things up a bit:

the first post was alrdy beginning the roleplay in my eyes. Therefore i might have been a lil too determined on forming my character instead of explaining how to play this game. My fault there and i apologize for that.

Basically teh character discriptions are meant to give you a place in our world. Where you place yoursaelf is ofc entirely up to you, but you should try and stay in certain limitations. therefore a Vampire will be fine with me an immortal vampire might have trouble tho...

ive assumed the position of a godlike being as im gonna be the one leading the game if anyone wanna play with me. The beginning of the game was at first set for fullmoon but i guess we should wait a lil as full moon is tomorrow i think. In any case i hope i made some things clearer about the characters.

Now about the storyline.

The world has been destroyed by a biog storm. This storm, furteron called the Gobi, started in the deserts of Lop(Desert Gobi, traditional name) and only there ppl were able to survive. They are now spreading over a destroyed world in search of knowledge and protection. Rivalism is growing daily and the political and social structures lie in shatters. In this scenario some were touched by my powers as i dont have to use em to hold back the storm anymore. Those ppl touched can resist the magickal storms that are still raging in some regions.
The are called The Hara Gobi. The masters of the desert as it would sounds translated. The can send the winds at their enemy and do a number of rather unusual things.

I hope this post is a lil better than the starting post. If not plz lemme know
gentleladies and men
Unread 24 Apr 2005, 18:11   #14
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Now it makes more sense thankyou.

So what is the motivation of the people, or do we make that up by ourselves (adventurism etc)
Unread 25 Apr 2005, 00:22   #15
Lei~
~Gon

the players primary motivation will be survival. This will almost only be possible in working together in groups. Generally the Hara Gobi will probably be the leading class. Each of them getting some of the "lesser people" or rather ppl ppl that can resist magic leading those that cant.

For survival loand will be requirde this is where all to wars start. Small clans fighting over land or over the fear of the other one taking ones land. I will be giving out a map in time which will show the exact playground, but basically have a look at the desert of Lop in the atlas and you know where were playing. Watch a documentation about the place and you know how itll look. It should be realistic in the landscape even if not in the time and scenario.

Apart from that i still have to finish the system
it will basically be roundbased.
At each beginning of the round there will be reports of the conflicts between me and the other gods the winds.
In some way im a wind too. Im the wind of the desert.
Depending on this event you will either have the chance to enlargen your lands either peacefully or by alliance or by war. It can also be the case that youre not able to expand at all because the winds are overpowering me and the Hara Gobi of all clans have to come to my rescue. They have been given some of my powers and in this the power is still mine. So if i am in need of it i can pull it back to withstand my enemies.
It is only in this time a Hara Gobi is vulnerable. The rest of the time they ae near to invincible. Except by other Hara Gobi ofc.

The Hara Gobi are basically solitary ppl. they dont consider humans touched by their magic as ppl tho. Even if the ratio of Hara Gobi to normal is about 1 :1000. They would never get friends with another Hara Gobi. Because they dont trust other humans. They interact very nicely with the animals on the world tho. They can usually speak with all animals. And ofc also with those they call pitifully The Nej Hara. Those with my magics. Those vulnerable to the storms. The Hara Gobi even feel responsible for the Hara Nej.

Only a few cases of powerful Hara Nejs are known:

The priestclan of the twelve, astral waariors of fearsome powers.
the morphed, or elven, dwarf, whatever creature you wanna.
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 10:31   #16
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts

speaking from stoner to stoner: I like the concept, and would be interested to join, but it might be interesting to post "rules" concerning character creation (the limits to our powers etc) and a deeper explanation about the world here, and begin the story in a different thread. stuff that would be interesting to know are: what are those winds? are they gods? people with mad powahz? or just plain ordinairy winds? how many different ones are there? do they have followers? are there specific types of powers for each wind? is this planet we live on our Earth, but in the future, or a paralel universe where magic and gods still exist?

(many of these questions have been "answered", but it seemed handy to answer them directly and accuratly to give joining roleplayers a good idea of what they're roleplaying in)

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2005, 18:32   #17
Lei~
~Gon

k ill try to open a new thread and be more specific and create a world with rules and limitations and all.
Im sorry for my incompetence, as might be easily noticed im not that experienced at all this. I just had this weird idea and was trying to get some feedback. Im a lil stressed atm but as soon as i got time ill do it all in some easier to overlook way.

Thx anyway i think (or hope) i know what to do now.
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 09:35   #18
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Please continue to post in this thread, until the other one is ready to start. Use this as a setup. Here we can post our chars etc, and you can receive our suggestions.

Good luck.
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 18:45   #19
Lei~
~Gon

To be honest after trying to get this all straight, im notreally sure i should go thru with this all.
I had an idea maybe but my roleplaying experience is lacking and eventho id like to do this i think i lack the skills needed to direct such a thing. Therefore i guess i will continue reading on this boards and maybe first of start making my own character and join in somewhere, also i dont think im the kind of person wholl be active enough over a long period to get this done.
Im terribly sorry for my craziness and for bothering you all with this stuff but i just stumble upon more and more difficulties in realising this whole thing.