User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jan 2004, 07:25   #1
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough
Of Dieties and Universes

It was a dark and musky tavern, the same as the uncounted others up and down the paths and trails that lined Ferrune. And like most of them, it had its fair mix of commoners and Adventurers. The woman surveyed the room with well-hidden disgust, her hair unmated by a tenday worth of dirt like most of the bars other inhabitants. She smelt far better too. She sighed to herself and set down the ale mug after taking a sip.

“Rough times on an adventure miss?” The barkeep inquired as the woman started on her third round of ale. She was a curious person, a bit shorter than your average man, but to tall to be a halfling. Her hair was a dark and glossy color, however the barkeep noted that the roots appeared to be lighter than the rest of the hair, almost a clear color. The barkeep quickly dismissed this thought; it was probably just a play of the light in the smoky room. The woman was probably just a blond who died her hair to be less noticeable. Adventurers were a strange lot.

On the other hand, she was hard to place. She had features he hadn’t seen on any nationality that had crossed his way before. She was probably some weird mix. IT wouldn’t surprise him given the woman’s profession.

“Not really so bad. Slow perhaps. Too slow.”

“Then you will probably be going out again soon?”

“No. I think I will stay in this city a while. You could say I’ve gotten plenty of spoils, and I could use a break. Time to watch the people go by you could say.” The woman replied after she drained her third tankard. She then stood up and laid down a few more silver pieces as a tip. They were odd coins, being nothing more than perfectly round unstamped disks. Of course, he had seen many odd coins. Adventurers rarely paid with the local currency. But these weren’t old. Although there was no law against minting your own coins with your own gold, he supposed.

She shrugged and pocketed the coins as the woman stepped out of the entrance gracefully into the night street.

The woman grumbled to herself, cursing under her breath in a foreign tongue. “
“The inhabitants are way to perceptive for my tastes.”

She paused, and looked around, her eyes going over every shadow in the street. She could have sworn she had saw someone trailing her, but it must of just been her overactive imagination. She shrugged and walked on, making her way around the city in a seemingly random manner. Eventually she left the wide and lit streets and wandered in the dark alleys.

“Why in a dark alley. It could have easily been in the gate. But no, the guards would be suspicious.” She said half to herself, and half to whatever power happened to listen to her. Her eyes scanned the shadows again. Nothing. Why was she so nervous?

The short woman rounded a corner, trying to shrug off her nervousness as she meandered her way to her ultimate destination. Suddenly, she did hear something. She turned around, her hands instinctively gripping for a nonexistent weapon on her hip. She cursed her stupid habits and ducked in time to miss a knife going right for her. She grunted and backed up, looking up at the dirty old man, his tattered cloak proving to be perfect camouflage in the trash of the alley.

“Now' now, my pretty, don’t you be doing that again, and I promise I won’t cut you up to bad.” The thief said with a raspy voice.

“I don’t think you’re in the position to make threats.”

“Feisty. Just how I like my girls.” The man replied, and lunged at her again.

The woman sidestepped and casually reached into a small pouch at her waist, producing a small glinting object. Seconds latter the man struck again, almost catching her off guard. Almost. With a swift movement, she brought up the object and knocked the man's knife aside, the alley echoing with his grunt and the sound of metal on metal. With a swift motion, the woman snapped her leg up into the man' chest, knocking him down. Amazingly, the man rolled back to his feet.

“I don’t have time to dance, as much as I’d like to.” The woman stated calmly before charging forward at him.

Surprised, the man backed up, his eyes widening when he realized that the woman was not just some commoner. It would be his luck to try and rape an adventurer. He turned and tried to flee, but not before he felt a sharp barb in his side. Suddenly it felt as if his head had exploded, and all his nerves had been set afire. Then, mercifully, he passed out. The woman pulled the device from his side unceremoniously, taking a little skin with the barbs, and calmly walked off into the night.

ooc: This is the intro story to a thread I'm planning. If I get a posative response, I'll make a full adventure thread out of it. So post your responses.
Killer-of-Lawye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 08:40   #2
Nazaldeuh
Vymmah yhkam

Nazaldeuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Of Dieties and Universes

A very promising start I like muchly.
So when and how do I get in?

Forever and forever and forever,
Doomed to be alone by past crimes never forgiven,
I am Nazaldeuh.
Nazaldeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 20:39   #3
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

looks good, some minor spelling errors, but who cares??

i'll be looking forward to the thread.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 20:44   #4
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Killer-of-Lawye will become famous soon enoughKiller-of-Lawye will become famous soon enough

Alright. I'll explain things. Post your response isn't retorical. A simple I would or would not post in a thread based on this would do. Theirs 18 views, so, at the verry least, their should be at least 10 replys.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 22:49   #5
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Possibly... probably... possibly.
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 00:02   #6
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Looks interesting.... Go for it!
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 00:29   #7
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

or maybe people look agauin to see what other say , looks good

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2004, 20:39   #8
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

sure thing (you know this anyway, but heck, who gives a damn).
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 16:15   #9
okiN
Pretty In Pink

okiN is infamous around these partsokiN is infamous around these parts

Yes, if I don't have anything more pressing to tend to.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:07   #10
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Has promise, could be interesting.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:39   #11
Wraith[x]
Moo?

Wraith[x] is an unknown quantity at this point

Generally it aint a good sign when there's a typo in the thread's name...
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 17:52   #12
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

Looks interesting, but whether or not I join will depend on what the end result looks like.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 20:09   #13
okiN
Pretty In Pink

Wraith, trust me, his writing's better than his typing.
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 16:12   #14
Ryon Jkar
Prince of the Dawn

Ryon Jkar is infamous around these partsRyon Jkar is infamous around these parts

yep
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 03:41   #15
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road
Re: Of Deities and Universes

IE spell is a godsend KoL.

Quote:
It was a dark and musky tavern, the same as the uncounted others up and down the paths and trails that lined Ferrune. And like most of them, it had its fair mix of commoners and Adventurers. The woman surveyed the room with well-hidden disgust, her hair unmated by a ten days worth of dirt like most of the bars other inhabitants. She smelt far better too. She sighed to herself and set down the ale mug after taking a sip.

“Rough times on an adventure miss?” The barkeep inquired as the woman started on her third round of ale. She was a curious person, a bit shorter than your average man, but to tall to be a halfling. Her hair was a dark and glossy color, however the barkeep noted that the roots appeared to be lighter than the rest of the hair, almost a clear color. The barkeep quickly dismissed this thought; it was probably just a play of the light in the smoky room. The woman was probably just a blond who died her hair to be less noticeable. Adventurers were a strange lot.

On the other hand, she was hard to place. She had features he hadn’t seen on any nationality that had crossed his way before. She was probably some weird mix. IT wouldn’t surprise him given the woman’s profession.

“Not really so bad. Slow perhaps. Too slow.”

“Then you will probably be going out again soon?”

“No. I think I will stay in this city a while. You could say I’ve gotten plenty of spoils, and I could use a break. Time to watch the people go by you could say.” The woman replied after she drained her third tankard. She then stood up and laid down a few more silver pieces as a tip. They were odd coins, being nothing more than perfectly round unstamped disks. Of course, he had seen many odd coins. Adventurers rarely paid with the local currency. But these weren’t old. Although there was no law against minting your own coins with your own gold, he supposed.

She shrugged and pocketed the coins as the woman stepped out of the entrance gracefully into the night street.

The woman grumbled to herself, cursing under her breath in a foreign tongue. “
“The inhabitants are way to perceptive for my tastes.”

She paused, and looked around, her eyes going over every shadow in the street. She could have sworn she had saw someone trailing her, but it must of just been her overactive imagination. She shrugged and walked on, making her way around the city in a seemingly random manner. Eventually she left the wide and lit streets and wandered in the dark alleys.

“Why in a dark alley. It could have easily been in the gate. But no, the guards would be suspicious.” She said half to herself, and half to whatever power happened to listen to her. Her eyes scanned the shadows again. Nothing. Why was she so nervous?

The short woman rounded a corner, trying to shrug off her nervousness as she meandered her way to her ultimate destination. Suddenly, she did hear something. She turned around, her hands instinctively gripping for a nonexistent weapon on her hip. She cursed her stupid habits and ducked in time to miss a knife going right for her. She grunted and backed up, looking up at the dirty old man, his tattered cloak proving to be perfect camouflage in the trash of the alley.

“Now' now, my pretty, don’t you be doing that again, and I promise I won’t cut you up to bad.” The thief said with a raspy voice.

“I don’t think you’re in the position to make threats.”

“Feisty. Just how I like my girls.” The man replied, and lunged at her again.

The woman sidestepped and casually reached into a small pouch at her waist, producing a small glinting object. Seconds latter the man struck again, almost catching her off guard. Almost. With a swift movement, she brought up the object and knocked the man's knife aside, the alley echoing with his grunt and the sound of metal on metal. With a swift motion, the woman snapped her leg up into the man' chest, knocking him down. Amazingly, the man rolled back to his feet.

“I don’t have time to dance, as much as I’d like to.” The woman stated calmly before charging forward at him.

Surprised, the man backed up, his eyes widening when he realized that the woman was not just some commoner. It would be his luck to try and rape an adventurer. He turned and tried to flee, but not before he felt a sharp barb in his side. Suddenly it felt as if his head had exploded, and all his nerves had been set afire. Then, mercifully, he passed out. The woman pulled the device from his side unceremoniously, taking a little skin with the barbs, and calmly walked off into the night.

ooc: This is the intro story to a thread I'm planning. If I get a positive response, I'll make a full adventure thread out of it. So post your responses.
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 06:32   #16
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

First. Its Tenday, not ten days., The Planet of toril has 10 day weeks, called a tenday. Secondly, I did run it through word. Now then, if you don't have anything better to do than critisize my spelling, kindly go **** off.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 09:16   #17
okiN
Pretty In Pink

Just ignore the nitpickers, don't let them get to you.

Although I have to admit that having a typo in the topic is sort of embarrassing.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 12:13   #18
lantadors evil twin
Retired

lantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these partslantadors evil twin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiN
Although I have to admit that having a typo in the topic is sort of embarrassing.
Oh no! a typo in the topic! the world is doomed! doomed I tell you!

ps: KoL is human, humans make mistakes, get over it.
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 12:16   #19
okiN
Pretty In Pink

*okiN sees a ghost from the past, and faints*
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 23:48   #20
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer-of-Lawye
First. Its Tenday, not ten days., The Planet of toril has 10 day weeks, called a tenday. Secondly, I did run it through word. Now then, if you don't have anything better to do than criticize my spelling, kindly go **** off.
Touchy KoL. Why the hell do you think that everything that I do is some how a part of a conspiracy against you? Just trying to be of some help.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 17:58   #21
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Because the only time you post is to point out my mistakes.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 18:27   #22
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

People People, this looks like a good thread, leave KoL alone so he can get it started.
Unread 17 Jan 2004, 19:46   #23
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Because the only time you post is to point out my mistakes.

What kind of selective memory is that?
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 00:56   #24
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Lakhim, please stop posting in this thread. you're being nothing but annoying and causing conflict. Everyone misspells words once in a while and what he did in the title, i didn't realize till i checked it out and it's not worth this nitpicking.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2004, 03:56   #25
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

"Just trying to help"

Spell checking isn't nitpicking, it is trying to help. My post was in no way intended to be in a negative manner, and KoL should learn not to jump to conclusions.
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 06:07   #26
Killer-of-Lawye
ensign

Regardless of what you belive it is, it would appear that most of the reggulars see it differently.
Unread 19 Jan 2004, 08:48   #27
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*flapjack points absentmindedly at lakhim's title before falling asleep again*

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2004, 22:44   #28
Argenoth
Hey look...its custom

Argenoth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey i am kinda sorta an old newbie and i would definitly join if its a kind of free-flowing Rp with out too many sats.
Unread 22 Jan 2004, 17:47   #29
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Quote:
Regardless of what you belive it is, it would appear that most of the regulars see it differently.
Ah, yes, now I see, correcting peoples spelling without even drawing attention to it is a crime now, eh?

I'm too lazy to change my title, and cant think of anything witty enough during the wonderful season of midterms.
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 09:11   #30
Breezer
Gone Fishin

Breezer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll give it a whirl as well

"Nothing is more frightful than ignorance in action." --Goethe
Breezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2004, 07:44   #31
Rhyspar
FR=Faile GoD=Rhyspar

Rhyspar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, this looks good..got alot of positive response too. How come it never actually went anywhere hm?
*hopes that by moving it to the top interest will be resparked and something might happen*
Rhyspar is offline   Reply With Quote