User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 5 Apr 2004, 04:55   #1
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough
Resurrected Character Combat Arena

With all the dead threads out there, has there ever been a character you wanted to use more? A character that was tailored for a thread that you have not been able to transfer over? A character you are currently using but want to use some more? Well, this is the thread for you. This is a combat of characters you have created for threads that have sadly passed on. The rules for signing up are simple.
  1. Rules for Signup
  2. You have to use a character you have previously/currently are using in a thread. No custom built characters just for this thread.
  3. You must post a character profile describing powers/abilities/history.
  4. You MUST provide a link to the thread where you character was previously used.
  • Those who have signed up

Judging - There will be three judges. One of them is me. Imagine that. The other two are listed below. Judges are NOT allowed to compete in combat.
  • Judges
  • Cheesehead
  • No Dachi

Combat Arenas - There are five possible arenas where you will face you opponent in. They will be determined at the beginning of the round by use of my 10-sided dice. I will roll it, and depending on the number will determine which arena you will fight in. Each arena will only be used once.
  • Combat Arenas
  • 1 or 6 - 0-G Combat Arena in Orbiting Satellite
  • 2 or 7 - Jungle Arena
  • 3 or 8 - Island surrounded by ocean arena
  • 4 or 9 - Inner City Arena
  • 5 or 10 - Frozen Tundra Arena

Combat - Combat will be simple. You attack your opponent. However, instead of trying to kill them right off the bat, you have to "earn" points before you can make a fatal attack. Once you have earned enough points, you can make a fatal attack. Now, you earn points by both post quality and dice roll.

I will judge your post on a scale of 1-4.
Judges #1 and #2 will judge your post on a scale of 1-3.
Between the judges, you can earn a maximum of 10 points.
Next, I roll my 10-sided dice, and add what I get on that to your score.

Thus the maximum score you can earn is 20.In order to launch a fatal attack, you must have a score of 25 or above. In a fatal attack, you must define in your post as it being a fatal attack, and your character will give it all to kill it's opponent. However your "victim" can defend himself. Simply said, if the victim is able to create a post of equal or greater "score", the victim will live. However, if the attacker beats the victims score for that round, the victim shall die, and the attacker wins.

Right now, there are 8 combatant slots open and 1 judging slot open. Once there are 8 contestants, the matches will start. Good luck.

Last edited by Bakan; 5 Apr 2004 at 22:56.
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2004, 13:54   #2
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
Re: Resurrected Character Combat Arena

hmm, i wonder if i could find a link to the original bar brawl or a reasonably recent RFR

*goes to look for link*

i might even have some character i'd use otherwise

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2004, 22:55   #3
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts

I'll judge since I have no characters I want to resurrect.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2004, 22:56   #4
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Dachi
I'll judge since I have no characters I want to resurrect.
Welcome aboard Judge No Dachi.
Unread 5 Apr 2004, 22:57   #5
No Dachi

That has a nice ring to it.

Unread 6 Apr 2004, 02:48   #6
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

Name: Greenith

Height: 5 feet 11inches when fully transformed, his body is about 8 feet long.

Weight: 150 lbs when fully transformed, a few hundred pounds, possibly more, as he has never been weighed in that form.

Hair Color: black

Eye color: black

Body Modifications (Physical/Genetic): Not techincally human. He was born a mutant due to toxins in the world on which he was born, a very watery one ( ). His DNA is unique, in that it can adjust itself to incorperate different features of two complete DNA sets, his human set, and a totally unknown variety of squid, complete with hungry maw, slimy black skin, and approximately 8 tentacles, each terribly strong and with clawlike tips, originally ment for snagging prey. His control of his DNA structure allows him to combine different features of each body, or simply use one or the other.
Despite the sheer strength and drive of the squid; the animal instincts for food, as well as a terrible temper, severely impair Greenith's judgement. also, mutating his body tires Greenith out rather quickly, especially when he is in a dry environment such as the ship. The squid body cannot last long in such an environment, as it will quickly dry out, doing not so nice things to Greenith. The skin is also not terribly resistant to weapons, as it was meant to be a hide against tooth and claw, not weaponsfire.

COnsidering his bulk and original nature, Greenith can move surprisingly agile as a squid on land using the powerful claws to drag and support his body. in the water, Greenith woudl be nearly unstoppable. Greenith's claws are capable of digging into most materials, allowing him to move with relative ease. A favorite spot to travel in is air vents, as they allow for this movement very well, and he is easily able to squeeze through thte tight spots due to his body coating and skeletal structure.

it has been rumored that he is a secret experiment gone haywire, but the rumors are unconfirmed.

History: born on a watery world to an unknown parent (he was abandoned as a child), Greenith knows nothing aobut himself, except for what he is. relying on his animal instincts to survive, Greenith has had very very little interaction with humans, besides for eating them. He lived either in the ocean or the fringes of society, attempting to fit in and learn about the half of himself whcih he knew nothign about. eventually he became close to a few humans, who cast him away when he admitted to what he was. filled with anger at these people, and with a greater knowledge of what they are emotionally capable of doing, he set out to punish the ones who made him a pariah, and began to drag people off in the night.

[13:32:16] <mintos> girls are hot ok

[22:47] <Sir_Walrus> Homoerotic innuendo just isn't as fun without Heiro.

Last edited by General D. Eath; 14 Apr 2004 at 04:23.
General D. Eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:49   #7
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm Arena of ressurecton IVE GOT IT hmm Ill use my ship from Rommy lol nah my char frommmmm LOD

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:13   #8
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

hmm

i have an old copy of a earlier fluffie-psychic character in my HD
but there's not a single thread left in which he is :\
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:23   #9
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

hmm, we should get another spacecraft arena like it was back in the beginning, no real ship creation but more like a normal arena.

we can kill feel the cheese VI (or was it VII).
I can pull my hyper-interceptor (with quantum cannons) out of the closet again and jump all around the arena. Or i can pull out my ultimate spaceborn threat (with 1 design flaw, otherwise it wouldn't be fair), namely The Planetoid Class Super-Battleship with The Quantum cannon (which is obviously where the flaw would be, i mean, a weapon that can kill a solar system with 1 hit, there has to be something wrong with that).

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 22:25   #10
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

um yes im interested, but the only character i have is Duke, my kickass ex-marine super commando so id have to use him. I havent been around long enough for anything of mine to die (except 2 threads)
Unread 9 Apr 2004, 14:36   #11
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

I'd like to use my character from meca. The link is on the forums, near the bottom. You bums.
Unread 10 Apr 2004, 21:23   #12
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

i'll join, and do all that char stat stuff when i can be arsed, you should have it here soon(ish).
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 18:03   #13
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will.

If I can kick fluffies ass.

Using Shadow from AcidK's (I think) fight place, with:
Shy'dow sword (finally named)
Various guns.

Skills:
Lots of Shadowblending stuff.

Armor:
Blade'ish armor, made of 'unobtainium' (See The Core) (Gets harder the more heat/pressure/energy exposed to it)
(Added Gladiator helmet)
Fire and Ice

Last edited by Shadow275; 12 Apr 2004 at 18:10.
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 18:08   #14
No Dachi

Question Re: Resurrected Character Combat Arena

Do I get some kind of judge gear? Because if so that'd be really ...

Unread 12 Apr 2004, 18:44   #15
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Whoa 8 people are interested........

Okay, those who have expressed interest, I need character profiles ASAP! You no longer have to provide a link to the thread, since many of them have passed on, but I NEED profiles :P

General Eath
Inspectre
Fluffie
Flapjack
Disruptor
Heiro
Vampire Lestat
Shadow275

No Dachi, of course you get judge gear.

Last edited by Bakan; 12 Apr 2004 at 19:57.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 18:50   #16
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Name
Fluffie

Race
Terran

Fluffie's real age is unknown, but he appears to be somewhere around 50 years old.

Appearance
Fluffie is a male, about 1.90 metres tall and weighs around 70 kilos. He has slighty more muscles than the average person, but doesn't appear to be a big, bad-ass strong bully. Instead, he seems more of a runner, a speedy and agile person. That is, one would think that if he actually saw his body, because usually Fluffie wears black cloacks and robes (he wears black because he hates white, since that was the colour he used to wear as a Terran Marine), unless it is a special occasion, for which he will wear the appropriate clothes. In battle, he tends to wear clothes that will leave him maximum agility and movement.
Fluffie's skin is a bit pale, however it can be tanned if he spends time outside. His hair is black (now with white stripes going through it as he is getting older) and curly (the curlyness is fading away because of his older age, it tends to just be thin and hang down, coming down to his shoulders). His eyes are blue and his nose is a bit small and his face thin (with rimples beginning to form), his cheek bones are seen in his face. His ears are of normal size, while his hands have rather long fingers. His normal sized feet are usually entirely packaged in black boots.

Personality
Fluffie has a strange personality. It is hard to desribe, but it comes down to a few things.
1. He does what he thinks is right.
2. He is loyal to persons that he thinks of are worth his respect and loyalty.
3. He can change his mind within seconds and suddenly persue goals which are very different to his previous ones.
4. He tends to finish his missions and not give up easily.

Ranks
(old) Besilon Emperor
(ex) Alpha Squad Commander, White Battalion
(ex) Freelance Assassin
Psychic Horseman of War
Master Psychic in the Psychic Academy

Skills & Abilities
White Marine
Handling all kinds of weaponry, basic technic skills, basic vehicle handling abilities, increased strenght, agility and speed, longer life (exact lenght unknown), a very big will, tactical thinking, commanding, a lot of basic knowledge, history knowledge and other skills a Marine might need.

Assassin
Stealth, short bladed melee weapons, longer ranged weapons, infiltration, advanced technology abilities and other skills Assassins might need in these days.

Psychic
1st Class Telepath, 2nd Class Telekinetics Diploma, 2nd Class Televelotics, Adv. K5 katana handling, wild-psycher.

Psy 'Attacks'
Mind Breaker
This psychic attack is based on telepathics. It affects a large group of people, how many depends on how much 'power' you put into it.
The effects of this attack are that all who are affected by it will enter a dreamlike state, which is based upon their fears and nightmares. It will drive them mad and that is where I come in again. I can save them from it, but they will then be under my control, for a certain period of time or until they manage to break free. If I however do not choose to set them free from the dreamlike state, it might drive them mad for ever or, in the worst case, kill them.
This attack can be combined with the K5, which's crystal will greatly enhance the effect and the area of effect of this attack.

Shadow
This isn't an attack, but more a ability. Shadow combines Fluffie's past (being an assassin) with his present (being a psy). If 'activated', this attack will enter the minds of people around Fluffie, unnoticed and once in their minds, it will delete any thoughts of hearing, seeing, sensing or noticing Fluffie at all, making sure Fluffie stays undetected when for example sneaking into a highly guarded place.)

Wild Psychics
This is no attack at all, it a different a new kind of field for the psychics. It is a power which can be about anything and which can do about anything. Wild means that you can do particular things, or anything, without having to follow any courses. Of course, if one were to combine this with the knowledge of trained psycher, one would be able to use the great power of a wilder with the knowledge trained one, the effects could be devastating.

It is however, less 'precice' and less 'fine' than trained psychics, but can be very powerfull..

Weakness
Fluffie has only encountered magic a few times, the times he fought along side with Darkling. Having not learned or encountered it other than that, he cannot sense the use of it, only see the effects and try to react them as best as he can.

Oh and he is getting older nowadays, he's around his fifties now I fear, which I'll have to work in into his appearance. Less agile and so, though he tries (to pretend ) to still be as good as he was in the old days. He still is I hope, only in other ways.

Equipment
Adv. K5 katana
Gene-Gun
Modified Heavy Plasma Bolt Rifle/Blaster
Adamantium Armour
Reality Goggles
Illusion Suit
Phasing Belt

Technologies
There is one particular technology that Fluffie has developped, which is called phasing. This allows you to move through all solid things, but it only lasts for a limited time till the capicitor has to recharge. You are invurnable to all damage, unless it comes from energy weapons.

Fluffie is the only person on Shraan who has access to this technology.

History
Fluffie has a long history, which begins in the Sol System, on a planet called Earth. It is a dark and blurry history, filled with dark secrets and horribly facts, which should not be known to any man outside the Terran Military Top.

Fluffie was part of an expirement, to create new and better soldiers, by genetically enhancing them. They would be stronger, more agile and faster than the normal person. On top of that, they would have no relatives, as they were born inside the army. Their squad members were their families and thus they would do more to fight, they would fight to save each other, as well would they fight for who they saw as their parents, the military top. In addition to all the before, they would live longer than any other human being and they would grow slower, aging only on a very high age. The long life gave another con, they would have more time to learn and study about different fields of subjects, so they would be able to utilise more means to reach their goals.

The paticular battalion Fluffie grew up in was White Battalion, one of the earlier projects, if not the first. They had a good education and already were thought to be better than most other normal squads around, even before they had seen any action outside their barracks. It was when their (normal human being) commander thought that they should be put to the test, that they were sent to a training excersise on a desolate desert planet. They were sent out, with less numbers and weaker equipment that the normal opposition.

They won and won with a massive victory, only 2 of their members had fallen. Fluffie had been the main leader in the operation and after his superiors saw him serve well, they made him the Alpha Squad Commander.

After his promotion and the return to their barracks, Fluffie continued learning and training with his squad, after the desert training, they wanted to become the best of the best, as they were born with a wish to be the best.

It was after a bunch of real life operations, which turned out too easy for White Battalion and more training excersises, against Commando Units (which Alpha Squad gracefully won) that they were sent out on an operation, which would be another dark and black day in the Terran's history.

It was on a remote planet, so remote, it wasn't mapped on most of the starmaps. The surface of the planet was completly deserted by all human life, rocks, deserts and a few forests where the only life there. And of course the research centre, secretly financed by some renegade factions. White Battalion was sent out to intevestigate and clear up any hostiles in the sector.

It would be the downfall of White Battalion and not even by the renegades' hands.

The Alpha Squad was backed up by the three other White Squads, Delta, Beta and Gamma. There had been Charlies, Echos and Falcon squads before, but those had proven to be less skilled and perfect than the remaining four, something went wrong in the modifying. Thus, they had been removed to another Military Section, where they would still serve their purpose.

Probably as test subjects. Fluffie thought that they would be used as lab rats and he believed that it was wrong. But, he did not dare to go against his 'parents' and thus he kept silent the entire time, not wanting to look as if he wasn't loyal.

But, back on the remote planet, the three latter squads of White Battalion had already secured the perimeter of the research centre and the entrance. They had encountered no defences, hostile units or any other signs of hostile present. If they thought this was strange, it was even stranger that they encountered the centre unpowered and the entrance heavily secured with a containment lock. Not entirely sure of what to do, they contacted the Heavy Cruiser in orbit, requesting further advice. They were ordered to get in that building, they would sent extra equipment over with the Alpha Squad, who were about to launch.

Later that same day, they were rapidly advancing into the centre, still not encountering any hostalities. Getting slightly worried, Alpha Squad's leader Fluffie decided it would be best if they quickly finished the sweap through the building and then reported back to the Executer, their command ship. All was going well, the centre, which turned out to be a Bio Lab, was totally deserted. With only one section left to scout, Fluffie sent over the Delta squad.

As soon as the chooses squad arrived at the Containment Location, the only unscouted part of the centre, they found another lock. Again they contacted the cruiser and again they got orders to continue. So they did and only a few seconds after they did, screams were heard, shortly followed by gunfire and other sounds of a fight. Five minutes later, Delta Squad was hailed, but they did not reply.

The remaining Marines on the planet contacted the Exectuer, again, requesting backup and further orders. They were denied backup and ordered to clear up that lab, the captain seemed to want them to actually prove they were the best. Muttering a unmeant 'yes sir', the comms man in the remaining White Battalion relayed the orders to the Squad Leaders, who told their men to get ready and unpack the heavy equipment.

Half an hour later, they moved out with the heaviest gear they had brought along. In a battle formation, they began making their way to the Containment Section. Upon arriving there, they saw the entire Delta Squad slaughtered with a few unknown casualties. It looked like a human, but it certainly wasn't one. They tried to contact the Executer again, to report their status and progress, but suddenly found that all comm links were dead. Wondering why, the formation turned around and began making its way towards the Operation's Centre of the research lab.

Half way there, they encountered most of the aliens. A heavy fight followed and the entire alien group was dead, but Fluffie had only enough men left to fill one squad. He quickly formed the new Alpha Squad and they all picked up the heaviest gear they could get from the corpses. Stocked with enough ammo to take on an army, the Alpha Squad began making their way back to the shuttles, which the original Alpha Squad had used to get on the planet.

On the way there, they encountered several more aliens, but only in small groups and they were easily dealt with. But, at arriving at the exit, they saw another large group of aliens (they look like the ones from AvP btw). They seemed to be guarding the exit, from both sides. Alpha Squad screamed, roared and opened fire, planning on taking revenge for their fallen brothers and sisters. The aliens did the same and a furious fight followed, with only three living beings remaining: Fluffie and two other original Alpha Squaddies. They stepped outside and made their way to their shuttle, opening a comms channel to the Cruiser. They reported the status down here and the captain immidiatly sent re-inforcements: 250 rookie marines. Fluffie replied that that wouldn't be enough, the captain told him to shut up and await his new men and keep the entrance safe.

Again, the White Battalion Alpha Squad commander sighed. He informed his two team mates of the situation. They all thought about it, while the Executer began shipping out the newbie marines. Fluffie wondered about several things, such as why all of the crew members on the cruiser were elite and veteran soldiers who had served on the Executer longer. Alpha Squad, the dead White Battalion and the 250 large marine unit were new. Fluffie thought a bit longer, till the 250 marines landed in their drop pods and seemingly with their own orders, began storming inside the centre and fighting their way around, obvious with orders to clear the entire centre and take it over after the removal of the aliens.

White Squad stayed to guard the exit. Fluffie stepped inside his shuttle and began fiddling around with the computers, till he noted something very strange on the scanner. The Executer had charged its main weapon, a cannon with an energy beam powerfull enough to destroy a planet. Fluffie cursed and something snapped inside him, the link that had always kept him loyal to the military and the thing that had restrained his own will power and his own meaning. He quickly yelled and got the two other Alpha's inside the shuttle. He closed the boarding ramp and charged up the engines, before giving the pilot seat to his teammate and the co pilot seat to the other. He sat down in the commander's chair himself, contacting the cruiser. Asking what they were doing, he got no reply, making it obvious. He then tried to contact the 250 marines, but, he wasn't able to reach them over. He cursed as he found out why, they hadn't been given any comms equipment.

Fluffie's disgust for the Terran Military grew to an enormous amount in a very short time. He ordered the two pilots to take off and set a course away from the planet. The small craft lifted off and blasted into space, the cruiser not being able to follow. It fired its deadly beam and then began moving away as well, jumping away as soon as they could. The planet would blow 5 minutes after impact, and the blow would be impressive, possibly even vaporising one of the nearby moons.

As the planet blew, Fluffie's shuttle hadn't been far away enough. All men aboard were knocked out and they drifted through space, unguided for a few days, until Fluffie woke up. He quickly woke up his team mates and Fluffie told them all what happened. Not knowing wether they would remain loyal to the Military or break their link, he was quite nervous. But, fortunatly, they choose 'his side'. Knowing they knew several things that only the military top should know, they quickly got to work to get the shuttle operating again.

Days later, they arrived at a remote station in space. It was run by mercenaries and pirates, who were more than happy to trade their stuff for military equipment. In civilian clothes and with light weapons, the 3 men squad stepped into their new craft and blasted off again, heading towards a planet which housed the solar system's largerst news company. They planned to get the story out and warn everyone about the military, but on their way there, they had to dock in another station to rest and refuel the ship.

Unfortunatly, they were spotted by a military crew, from a frigate which docked there as well. One remaining Alpha Squaddie was killed imidiatly, while the second was captured. He resisted though and was killed a few minutes later. Fluffie was the only one who managed to get away. Using many of his skills and abilities, he managed to evade the military and hack into their databank, quickly copying and then deleting any info on White Battalion. He was now the only one with their history and knowledge of what happened on that planet.

His original plan of going to the planet which housed the news company was too dangerous, Fluffie realised. At least he thought, it was for now. With a new identity, he began a new life, first as normal mercenary, later as proffesional Assassin...

So like. That's how it's in the file I have on my pc.
Anyone mind I if edit it a bit to make it more up-to-date?
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 19:02   #17
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Umm, sure, go right ahead :P
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 19:56   #18
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll join at some point, but I need to figure out a thread to use first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 20:25   #19
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Is it really necessary for the entire history to be present for a character to enter or not?

Fingers to cold to type.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 20:28   #20
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Nope, but it's entertaining for me
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 20:36   #21
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Did you find the first part entertaining then? :\

Must've been at least a year since I've written it... Some mistakes in it. But it's still... The way it was meant to be! Yay!

Edit:
Make that at least 1.5 year. Woohoo!

[/useless information]
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 00:28   #22
Heiro
'Mael'

God, Do you want a character background and skills. I never did work any out, just kinda made it up on the fly.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 20:06   #23
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Normal me, just with the weapons from serene's thread cos they're cool.
name:- lestat lionheart
race:- vampire
skills/abilities:- as a vampire, lestat has inhanced speed, strength, and stanima (alongside inhanced senses) but becomes as weak as an ordinary human when touched by sunlight. As an experienced warrior before his death, lestat has learned to use any two of his weapons at the same time (even in broad daylight).
weapons:-
short sword (roughly as long as one of lestats legs), scabbard at his left hip, made of black steel, the blade cold as ice, after a wound is inflicted with it, the victims reflexes are dulled slighty, making them slightly easier to fight/kill.
Broadsword, sheathed on his back, the long hilt just sticking up over his right shoulder.
Smallaxe, the shaft is roughly the same length of his short sword, and the head is roughly the size of two hands placed side by side, left and right.
Thowing knives, lots of them.
apperance:-
Lestat is tall (just over 6ft) with long blond hair tied out of the way of his wintercool blue eyes by a length of leather. Wearing black scale mail armour and a long black cloak, with black trouser things and solid black leather boots lestat looks genuinely nasty, but what do you expect, he is an evil bastard, after all.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 04:45   #24
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Mathces:
#1: General D. Eath vs. Vampire_Lestat
#2: Fluffie vs. Heiro
#3: Inspectre vs. Shadow275
#4: Disruptor vs. Flapjack

Arena's where combat will be fought
#1: Dice Roll = 5 - Frozen Tundra Arena
#2: Dice Roll = 3 - Island Surrounded by Ocean Arena
#3: Dice Roll = 6 - 0-G Combat Arena in Orbiting Satellite
#4: Dice Roll = 9 - Inner City Arena

First match starts NOW!

The two contestants, General D. Eath and Vampire_Lestat are teleported onto a frozen tundra. This arena is the site of a former asteroid collision, creating a large crater. The contant wind and snow have made the sides virtually impossible to climb. At the bottom of the crater, right in the middle, is a small pool of water that is heated by a underground volcano, keeping the water in a liquid state. There are large dunes of snow all over the place, along with large blocks of ice. Finally, near the pool are the skeletal remains of a building, possibly a observation post. The crater is about 100 meters in diameter, with both of you being teleported on opposite sides. In addition, it is snowing, lots, reducing visibility.

Last edited by Bakan; 14 Apr 2004 at 05:05.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 05:22   #25
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

General D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really niceGeneral D. Eath is just really nice

*Greenith looks around at his environment, and starts shivering, the cold shocking his human skin. Unable to see his opponent as of yet, Greenith begins running low across the ground. Greenith begins to transform as he runs, his legs fading into his body as many tentacles suddenly sprout from his body. His clothing is instantly torn to shreds as his bulk increases greatly and, in less than a minute, he has become the massive hideous squid monster, scuttling silently, a natural gift of the creature, along the ground at a faster pace than he was going as a human. Soon he comes across the pool of water and the building. Silently, he creeps towards the pool. without creating a ripple or making a sound, the beast enters the pool, and dives below the surface. the water refreshes and revitalizes him, the heat reversing the effect of the freezing snow. sinking to bottem, his dark skin blending in with the rocky bottem, Greenith waits, looking in all directions on the surface, hoping his prey will happen by.*

Unread 14 Apr 2004, 16:38   #26
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

*stumbling forward, suddenly in the biting cold, lestat mumbles to himself
"what the f*ck is up with this place?"
Knowing it is cold, but not being affected by it greatly, being undead and all, lestat walks toward the water, with the thought that his opponent may show up at some point, and assuming the water may be warm. As he reaches the edge of the pool, lestat leans forward and checks out his own reflection, unsheathing shortsword and axe as he does so. Firmly pushing a few shrands of hair from his face, lestat straightens and turns his back on the pool, just a few feet from the edge, and waits for his opponent to show himself.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 17:07   #27
Shadow275
Commandant

Shadow275 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakan
Mathces:
#1: General D. Eath vs. Vampire_Lestat
#2: Fluffie vs. Heiro
#3: Inspectre vs. Shadow275
#4: Disruptor vs. Flapjack

Arena's where combat will be fought
#1: Dice Roll = 5 - Frozen Tundra Arena
#2: Dice Roll = 3 - Island Surrounded by Ocean Arena
#3: Dice Roll = 6 - 0-G Combat Arena in Orbiting Satellite
#4: Dice Roll = 9 - Inner City Arena

First match starts NOW!

The two contestants, General D. Eath and Vampire_Lestat are teleported onto a frozen tundra. This arena is the site of a former asteroid collision, creating a large crater. The contant wind and snow have made the sides virtually impossible to climb. At the bottom of the crater, right in the middle, is a small pool of water that is heated by a underground volcano, keeping the water in a liquid state. There are large dunes of snow all over the place, along with large blocks of ice. Finally, near the pool are the skeletal remains of a building, possibly a observation post. The crater is about 100 meters in diameter, with both of you being teleported on opposite sides. In addition, it is snowing, lots, reducing visibility.
Bakan been smoking something.
Me and Inspectre...
Fire and Ice
Shadow275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 17:48   #28
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Shame. Would've liked to nail you into the ground. Tee hee

Oh and Bakan-dude. In this thread are the characters we use as (overpowered as) they are in the thread they come from?
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 15:02   #29
Heiro
'Mael'

Go go go! I'm fighting fluffie!!

Good luck my man. This should be interesting. I'll actually re-read the last two combats I've been in, and see if I can at least seriously hurt you.

heheheehhee. Such fun.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 15:06   #30
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

You got a char up somewhere Heiro?

* goes look
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 15:32   #31
No Dachi

Bakan, I'm meant to send you marks for Eath's post and Lestat's post now, right?

Unread 15 Apr 2004, 15:46   #32
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Yeah, actually.
Unread 15 Apr 2004, 20:22   #33
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
You got a char up somewhere Heiro?

* goes look
look in meca, but if you want a profile, then no I don't.

Bakan has fought it, Richard is fighting it... It's got two personalities and one body... and no weapons or that many abilities... Just good fun.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 16:38   #34
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

is this a one-post each fight then? I thought it'd be to the death...
damn.
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 16:48   #35
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Scores so Far

General D. Eath
Dice Roll: 10
Judges Score: 3
Total: 13

Vampire Lestat
Dice Roll: 3
Judges Score: 3
Total: 6
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 23:06   #36
Heiro
'Mael'

Lestat: Not one post, but many posts until you get to 25 points...

Still. I need to question bakan on the system later, seems wierd at one point to me...
Unread 16 Apr 2004, 23:20   #37
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

the dice thing seems a bit odd, but thats probably because its making me loose.
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 22:45   #38
Heiro
'Mael'

Is that your combat post?

And yeah, It gives things a random edge they might not need. Although I said it would be fun when I was first asked... so what the ho, it can't be that bad...
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 01:30   #39
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Okay, new plan, everyone can attack at the same time. You are all in seperate arena's. Have fun.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 01:40   #40
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Arena Descriptions

0-G Combat Arena in Orbiting Satellite - You are inside a sphere. There are several floating floating platforms of varying sizes and shapes, some built into the walls, other just floating. Oh yeah, there is no gravity in here.
Jungle Arena - You appear in the middle of a dense, humid jungle. There is a small stream filled with various fish, some of them meateaters. In addition there are a bunch of large trees and lots of vegetation that makes it hard to see anything.
Island surrounded by ocean arena - The island is nice and sandy, with a few palm trees. The water is satly, with a few meateating fish swiming about.
Inner City Arena - You appear in the middle of a city. There is a forcefield that limits you to a 2 block radius. All the buildings are locked and impossible to get into. However there are a ton of vehicles that can provide cover/be used as weapons.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 02:19   #41
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Disrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to allDisrupter is a name known to all

Sorry about latey ness.... (ooc)

name: Duke
Race: Human
Occupation: Former Covert Ops. Commando Platoon leader, kicked out due to unnessacary roughness.

History (ooc not alot since he isnt technically resserected...) Duke lead many dangerous missions against all kinds of races. He was the sole survivor of the legendary Battle of Funtort, where the entire planet was devasted by hydrogren 10000 kiloton nukes. After that, he returned to Earth and was put in charge of a platoon, which he lead to many victories, armed mainly with a sword, sniper rifle, and light Tommy Gun, which was kept in good shape. After killing an entire base of enemy soldiers when he lost a game of poker, he was honorably discharged and sent to "retrain" in a combat simulator, bringing him here.

Weapons: 3 1/2 pound 4 foot battle sword, specially made to be light and long. A Special Forces Sniper Rifle with armor piercing rounds. A Tommy Gun that is in good shape considering its age.

Appearance: 6 ft 3 with black buzz cut hair. Sunglasses and a camo vest with black pants. The sword is in a sheath on his back, next to the sniper rifle, and the Tommy gun is clipped to his vest front.

Duke looked around the streets of the city, to see if his opponent was anywhere near him. Noticing that the coast was clear, he ran down the street to the tallest building and did a wall kick to the ladder of the buildings fire escape. He quickly and rather quietly hurried up, and then pulled the ladder up after him. Duke turned around and cut of part of the railing with his sword and bound the ladder to the railing. Then he turned and ran up the stairs. On the 6th floor, he reached the roof and noticed that he was on the outter building of the downtown area of the city. Duke then saw the perfect sniping position.

It was in the top of the city hall building, which commanded a view of the entire area. Duke backed up across the roof and started running. He leapt from roof top to roof to until he came to the city hall building. There the roof wasnt flat, but it went on an angle upwards. He backed up again and pulled out the sword. Then he ran and jumped and speared the rooftop, while the sword held him up. Duke got to his feet and resheathed the sword. Then he scrambled up the building, and onto the flat roof top. He found a ladder that lead up the clock tower and started climbing. Once he reached the top, he cut the ladder loose and hauled it up. Then Duke flung the ladder way down to the street and took up his roost. He pulled out the rifle and awaited his quarry.
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 05:43   #42
General D. Eath
General Extraordinaire

*Greenith spies his prey, with his back towards the water. he cackles to himself inwardly
helloooo there.... right where I want you. I will enjoy devouring your flesh, but i havent had the pleasure of playing with my food in awhile...I can have some fun before i dine.
Silently, slowly, Greenith moves to just below the surface.. making sure he is perfectly lined up and in range of the man....

suddenly, he lauches about 3 tentacles out at the opponent ,wrapping them all tightly around his body. In a fraction of a second, the man is suddenly underwater. Releasing the struggling prey deep underwater, Greenith begins to rip into him with his many clawed tentacles, darting this way and that, to attack from different angles. Latching onto the mans foot with a tentacle, he whips him around in the water violently, and brings him to rest by slamming him into a solid rock face with a sickening thud, clearly audible under the water.*

Unread 19 Apr 2004, 19:11   #43
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

*feeling himiself gripped firmly, lestat struggles in a futile attempt at freeing himself. Noticing the warmpth of the water covering him, lestat quickly lashes out with his sword, removing one of the three tenticles grasping his body, choping again, wounding another. Suddenly he feels his face contact with a rock. Sensing the blood flow from his head, and feeling several teeth loose in his mouth, lestat struggles upwards, slipping out of the grasp of whatever it is that attacked him. Reaching the surface in short time lestat pulls himself out and flee's away from the pool, now facing it, resheaths his axe and removes his broadsword from its back scabbard. Waiting in a defensive stance, lestat anticipates attack from any angle, eyes constantly darting around, looking for any possible threat.
Unread 20 Apr 2004, 04:12   #44
Disrupter
Sniping pigeons

Duke sits in his roost and watches a bird fly into a car windshield repeatedly. He giggles to himself and resumes scanning for movement.