User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 11 Mar 2004, 06:16   #301
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough
Re: ICE9: The Secret War

Watching the falcon-like thing coming out of the ship's hold, Ur_Quan and deducting that there must be someone or something important inside that aircraft, he does some quick thinking. He runs towards the falcon with all the speed he can muster, enables his anti-gravity enhancement and barely manages to cross the gap between the edge of the dockside and the aircraft that is taking off.

Knowing that he won't be able to hold on for long, Ur_Quan firmly jams his own communicator into the nearest crevice of the vehicle that he can find and makes it to continually transmit the contents of its memory back to ICE9 HQ in the hopes that the guys and girls at HQ will be paying attention and are smart enough to figure it out. Noticing that the aircraft has been gaining quite some altitude, Ur_Quan lets go of the vehicle and due to his I-tech, he gently floats down to the ground below without hurting himself.

Once he is on the ground again, Ur_Quan draws two of his throwing daggers and throws them at two of the five remaining bikers, after which he shouts at them: "Surrender yourselves and you'll live! Make one false move and you won't!"

Last edited by Ur_Quan; 11 Mar 2004 at 06:32.
Ur_Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 12:55   #302
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about

*AcidK appears from behind one of the three remaining bikers after it had passed where he was kneeling, raising his rifle with careful aim and firing a shot directly at the biker's head. It was only afterwards that AcidK realised that Jamal was also on the bike, a captive clapped in irons, so AcidK himself ran up to the now halting bike.*

Comms: Primary Target has been found. Collecting now...

*AcidK ran up to Jamal, grabbed him and ran back towards the nearest cover, placing him down carefully and readied his rifle just in case someone tried to take him back again.*
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2004, 20:40   #303
Mad cat
The Dust Bunny That Bites

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

to comms: wonderful onec we have our guys lets get ourselves over to a place where we can be picked up

drops the cannon and then hops over the side railing careful not to jar his shoulder too badly, he picks his way through the debris and over the trench
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 09:03   #304
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

AK, UQ, MC
All three of you have just leveled up...

AK: You feel a surge of power course through you veins as your nanos gain a jolt of power from some unknown source. You feel rejuvinated and stronger. You may choose from the following upgrades:

Pinpoint Eyesight (Allows even further vision, and with greater precision) (Requires medical bay)
Feral Senses (Blends all the senses together to create a more complete and detailed picture of situation. Includes touch and smell.) (Requires medical bay)
Enhanced Instinct (Sometimes senses problems before they happen, more aware and alert.) (Requires medical bay)
Higher Equipment Rating
Rank Boost
General Enhancement
4th 'I' Tech (Requires medical bay)

UQ: You feel a surge of power course through you veins as your nanos gain a jolt of power from some unknown source. You feel rejuvinated and stronger. You may choose from the following upgrades:

Personal Jump -small-sized-buildings-in-a-single-bound (Requires medical bay)
Active Camoflage (chameleon-like cloak, blends to match surrounds rather than invisibility) (Requires medical bay)
Enhanced Agility (Requires medical bay)
Higher Equipment Rating
Rank Boost
General Enhancement

MC: You feel a surge of power course through you veins as your nanos gain a jolt of power from some unknown source. You feel rejuvinated and stronger. You may choose from the following upgrades:

Strongman (Enhances strength further) (Requires medical bay)
Enhanced Instinct (Sometimes senses problems before they happen, more aware and alert.) (Requires medical bay)
Speedfreak (Enhances speed further, allows dodging of slow bullets) (Requires medical bay)
Higher Equipment Rating
Rank Boost
General Enhancement

ooc// Thank you UQ for doing exactly what I wanted, more points for you! //ooc

AK, upon removing the hood that was placed on the prisoner's head, finds that it isn't Quiver Jamal, but one of his guards instead. The shuttle flys overhead, engines straining at being overworked so quickly, and follows the path of the last two bikers which are pelting for dear life across the rough terrain. The underside of the craft opens up, to reveal a magnetic grappler, which fires both bolts off at the bikes in a hiss of escaping propellant gas. They crash into the quads, not connecting cleanly but managing to hold on just the same. Slowly, the small vehicles are lifted off the ground and away, swinging dangerously close to nearby buildings, but being winched up inch by inch all the same. Soon the aircraft is over the water, and pursuit becomes impossible. You have retained two of Quiver's guards, though they are a little the worse for wear, and whatever might be left inside the ship that the trap was launched from. One of you calls for another transport, and soon a Black Falcon arrives to take you to a Space Elevator. You may use it whenever you choose to. Apparantly the American elevator is having 'technical difficulties', so that is currently unavailable.

Adam
The scene ended with all the guards sprawled on the floor unconcious, and an assortment of weaponry now in your possesion. You retreive the keys to the cell door and when you poke your head out the door, no one seems to be about. No surveilance too, which was lucky. There are no windows, so it is impossible to even hazard a guess at where you are, but there are certainly going to be others trying to prevent your escape somewhere in the base.

Zappa
"My name is Stryker. I will be on record. It shouldn't be to bad an endorsement."

Type: 'I' Agent
Identity: Stryker, JB
Enhancements: Phase Out, Extreme Speed, Energy Burst
History: An early worker on the 'I' Tech program. Left the original Project Positivity after a disagreement about the use of nano-tech 'safeties' that provide the numbers in both ICE9 and FIRE3's names, other scientists thought he was being too cautious. Last data reports that he has been enhanced, though not using any official medical facillity. WHereabouts are currently unknown, but he is unlikely to be dangerous towards our personnel.
Allegiance: Suspected links to underground scientific community, TWC (Treat With Caution)
Requested Status: BINFQ (Brought in for Questioning)

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics

Last edited by Planetkiller II; 16 Mar 2004 at 21:44.
Planetkiller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:24   #305
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
you copy that Phang? the name's Stryker... check him out on the central computer and get back to me asap...

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 17:53   #306
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

-*bzzt* sssssss ok, let's see sssssssssssssssssss yep, found him sssssssssssssssss if you're sure it's him, i'd listen to what he says sssssssssss phang out sssssss *bzzt*-
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 22:02   #307
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

Wow my luck just gets better and better *Adam laughs to himself silently as he picks up weaponry, grabbing a shotgun and a pistol, all he needed right now* Hmm lets see *Adam walks forward and takes a look down the hall as he looks for a computer terminal*

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 18:30   #308
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK gets into the Black Falcon and waits until everyone else is in before shutting the hatch and walking to the pilot.*

I want an Intel. on that flying vessel that had us at our LZ, I wanted it then and I want it now!

*AcidK placed his rifle down and sat on a chair.*

Get us to a safe-house, we need to reload and get healed up.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 20:34   #309
Mad cat

Mad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to beholdMad cat is a splendid one to behold

boards the black falcon and drops his gear into a bag

so, whats up with our little friends, do we know where they'v gone

hangs the bag on a hook and plunks down in the seat behind the pilot
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 00:34   #310
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

OOC- I think I'll reply tomorrow, but first I have some questions/remarks.
The guy that took the place of Jamal is he one of the quadbikers or one of the FIRE3 agents that were with Jamal in the stadium? In case it's the latter we have actually 2 prisoners, because they originally only took 2 out 3 agents and Jamal.

As for the upgrades, do you remember that I leveled up before? Back then I chose the enhanced cloak I-tech (same thing you're offering me now), but I needed a medbay to have it installed. Basically that means that when we get back to HQ, I can pick 2 things from the list. I still want that stealth upgrade, but I'm curious to know whether or not it can be upgraded again (and to what). I'll have to think about it, but I think that for my 2nd upgrade I'm getting a 4th I-tech (strength) if that's ok. -OOC
Unread 18 Mar 2004, 11:31   #311
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
you checked out ok... follow me...

*heads towards the exit of the compound, picking off any survivors he might encounter, then hurries back to the plane, and his partner Phang*

this guy Stryker... seems like a serious speedfreak when it comes to his enhancements... oh well...

"so... what in blazes where you doing there?"

Duncan, still not entirely sure if he can trust this guy, eyes him carefully, and hopes to god Phang will put the bird on autopilot, so that if it is needed, he can help containing this guy...

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 19 Mar 2004, 23:29   #312
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-ooc-
Oh yeah, for my enhancement I'll take a rank boost
-ooc-
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 20 Mar 2004, 16:05   #313
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

----ooc----
Would my communicator work here?
----ooc----

Unread 20 Mar 2004, 19:27   #314
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

Planetkiller II has a spectacular aura aboutPlanetkiller II has a spectacular aura about

UQ - Yes, you do have two prisoners, as I said. The last upgrade you got was to make you semi-transparant. This is active camoflage, the next stage up. Next would be full cloak with a time limit.

adam - Yes.

Horseman of the Psy-Apocalypse - Famine, Psychic Weapons Divison Commander and Tutor of Telenullics at the Academy of Psychics
Unread 21 Mar 2004, 13:11   #315
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

(okidoke)
Adam slowly glances down the hallway as he uses his communciator in hopes of reaching base "Hello are you there do you read me?' Adam quicl looks around ahain

Unread 22 Mar 2004, 06:04   #316
Mad cat

ooc-whats the rank boost do? other than being able to pull it on people -ooc
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 16:39   #317
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetkiller II
(...) Higher Equipment Rating allows you more stuff (and better stuff) from the armoury. Rank Boost puts your rank up (since there's no official ranks, it just makes you a bit more senior) and General Enhancement bumps up strength/speed/etc a bit each. (...)
Taken from post #164 on page 4.
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 17:14   #318
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan hauls the recovered prisoner on his shoulder and drops him off inside the falcon, counts the number of people inside, raises an eyebrow at his colleagues and walks back to the car. He takes the other prisoner out of the car and ceases to wonder why the bikers chose to leave him behind; the guy must weigh at least a ton! Ur_Quan wipes some sweat off his forehead and with a lot of effort he drags the guy back to the falcon while muttering something about laziness and him not being the one that has extra special super strength enhancements.

After the last prisoner has been brought aboard, Ur_Quan himself enters the falcon and as the hatch is closed behind him, he walks towards the pilot. "This thing is armed, right? When we lift off, I want you to launch a rocket to destroy that car over there, alright? We need to cover our tracks." After getting confirmation from the pilot, Ur_Quan walks back to his colleagues to discuss the best way of getting back to HQ.

OOC- PK2 I'll have the next cloak upgrade then. This active camouflage would be pretty nice in my opinion. -OOC
Unread 23 Mar 2004, 23:39   #319
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

AK, UQ, MC
*The pilot acknowledges with a thumbs up, and the craft begins to lift off. A missile jets out from a wingtip at the touch of a button, and the vehicle detonates in a huge blast. While the car had been stolen, insurance would have to cover it for the real owner. The transport shoots forward, burning away from the docklands and the rest of the city. You find that you are not alone in the passenger bay, as a fair haired female agent has come down with the pickup crew.*

"They call me Kilo, I've come as backup since this is rapidly turning into a major incident. Riley wants a full report as soon as possible, but more importantly, we don't think these guys are FIRE3. An interesting correlation has shown up. It looks like Positivity relates to the original Project Positivity. We're not sure why this didn't come up the first time we ran the search, but someone decided to check old photo records to see what these guys might have been doing. The files for both Davion Thamas and Quiver Jamal have been erased from our systems by unknown means. The safehouse we're going to now should have everything we need to track those guys in the unidentified flyer."

*It's takes about an hour to arrive at the San Santino safehouse in the outer wastelands of the city. The Black Falcon puts down on top of a pile of rubble that used to be a large building. A big circular plaque juts out with the legend 'Carpe Diem Per Omnia Res Aversae'. Kilo speaks out to no one in particular.*

"Haven One access Kilo Alpha-4-5-9."

*A piece of debris, which had looked perfectly normal a few seconds before raised up from the ground to reveal a lift. It takes you down into the bowels of Haven One, in affect a mansion sized listening post and sanctuary ground. You walk out into the command centre where two unenhanced operatives work at computers. Kilo grabs their attention as soon as you step out.*

"Hows that tracking coming?"

"It looks like they were waiting in that ship for quite some time. Even the earliest satelite backlogs don't show them getting in there, but that's not much help. We know that it's a MK2 Seagle Bird, an old Blue Ice copy of our Black Falcons. They're crossing the Atlantic now, and they must be in a hurry to try a direct route across it."

"Notify us if they're any updates please. OK, there's cells, rooms and pretty much all the facillities you'd expect here, so make yourself at home."

Zappa, Phang
"Mostly looking for one of you lot. I've been hanging about this base for a while now, pretending to be a FIRE3 agent inspecting them. I figured ICE9 would show up to 'disincentivise' them eventually, so all I had to do was wait. Looks like it paid off. However, even with that nice explosion you made, might it not be a good idea to leave before anyone manages to stagger out of that wreck of a base?"

*He looks about a bit, seeming to be checking for any listeners, even though there clearly isn't anyone nearby in this dusty desert.*

"I am a representative of an underground scientific organisation that conducts research into various frontier technologies. I head up it's 'I' Tech division which we've creatively title AIR29, following the naming conventions you people set down. We do a wide selective of 'I' tech experiments. Since the controls are so tight, I guess it's probably illegal research to you. We're trying to make it safer, but retain its strength. Recently though, the criminal group FIRE3 have become aware of us, and have been trying to capture our members in order to learn our secrets. It's come to the point where we need assistance, so we're coming to you."

Adam
*Your communicator humms to itself for a moment as it finds its position and the best way to contact headquarters. The tiny screen flashes to life a second later, the dark glasses wearing face of Riley looking up at you from it.*

"This is Riley, we read you. Positional reports you're on the Space Ring, what're you doing up there?"

*When you've explained the situation, he seems to think for a moment before replying.*

"Alright then. We suspected this was a base of operations, but we didn't have any proof. Since you're there, I guess we can afford to call in the cavalry. I'm sending Agent Trevelyan with a full Crisis Team to extract you and dismantle the base. Sit tight or cause as much trouble as you can until they arrive, your choice."

Last edited by Planetkiller II; 25 Mar 2004 at 19:07.
Unread 24 Mar 2004, 09:50   #320
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

which is what we were doing, as I posted OOC]

Unread 24 Mar 2004, 13:02   #321
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

Adams face widens up as the sounds "cause as much trouble as you can" goes through his ears. Adam runs back into the room and gathers up what equipment he can as he reports once again "They will soon regret leting me in this base" Adam grins as he walks down the hallway again. Adam pauses as he looks for the main compter terminal he was afer as much information this place could offer, then it was going up in smoke.

Unread 25 Mar 2004, 20:17   #322
Mad cat

ooc-picked new i-tech, i want cloak-ooc
sweet *yawn*

mc walks off in the direction of bedrooms and hits the sack he wakes up about an hour later and heads over to the medbay to get his new enhancement
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 01:29   #323
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- Well, MC don't forget that the basic enhancement does not give a cloak, it's just stealth, allowing you to move while hardly making any sound at all. To get to the active camouflage you need to upgrade twice. -OOC
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 01:55   #324
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looks around the command centre for a little bit, being very cautios about not disturbing the work of the operatives before heading to the medical bay and healing up. This took him the best part of half an hour to heal strained muscles and over-reacted wrist reflex. He then turned to his almost alocated quarters, making sure he had his rank boost before he actually went to sleep and rested his fatigued body in what could have passed for a comfy bed.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 04:54   #325
Mad cat

i know ill be working up to it for fun and games with peoples minds
Unread 26 Mar 2004, 09:01   #326
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

well... let's see what we can do, shall we? I'm afraid we'll still have to report this to HQ... I'll put in a few good words tough, and I'm certain that, seeing how you came to us, they'll be generous. I really want to help you lot out, but I will not go up against my superiors, and disobey orders...

take a seat..

*climbing into the transport, Duncan pointed out a seat to Stryker*

*closes the plane, and symbols the ready-to-go to Phang, then takes a seat himself, and prepares to contact HQ*

if we get word from HQ that they do not want to cooperate, or they want things you are not willing to give, .... there's a parachute behind your chair... give me a good punch in the face, Phang is controling the plane, so he has an excuse not to interfere. We'll allow you to escape, and once back in HQ, use the info you gave us to direct ICE forces into helping you guys out. We'll do what we can to help you out, trust me on that

Unread 29 Mar 2004, 19:10   #327
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

AK, UQ, MC
*You all wake up refreshed and stronger than before, with two of you gaining their new abilities. Kilo is waiting for you, and seems to be waiting for you to decide what you want to do, like interrogating the prisoners, checking on the transport (which has now come to rest in Verglace, France) or whatever else you might choose to do.*

Zappa, Phang
*Stryker climbs up the ladder and jumps in, feeding some coordinates to you navigation system for Marita, Italy.*

"We're going to our European research base. Our people should be able to fill you in properlly there."

Adam
*You soon find that there's quite a lot of people in this base, mostly scientists and guards wandering about. The route to the computer centre is filled with these employees, but you manage to successfully avoid them. The core itself is empty except for gently humming banks of servers and hard drives. There is a terminal in the wall.*

Unread 29 Mar 2004, 20:47   #328
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- Hadn't replied yet, wanted to finish up on your UO thread first, haven't had enough time yet, sorry -OOC
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 13:10   #329
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looks at the location of the vessel and thinks carefully to himself.*

Well, this is a simple enough plan. We head to Virglance, France and investigate on what these guys are. They are not FIRE3, they are not ICE9... this is a whole new threat and I beleive it's best to find out what they were doing in that stadium and why they want Jamal this badly.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 20:56   #330
Mad cat

listens to acid and nods

i agree, if they'r willing to go through that much trouble to get and keep him i would bet he knows something vital, i would suggest we leave asap and attempt to retreive him before they can get anything more out of him, and this time im taking my stuff along with me
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 23:28   #331
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

We will need all the equipment we can carry. Load up all the ammo your pockets can spare. When we get to Virglance I want us to move in silently and slowly. I will take position where I can take out any that try to take you down whilst you two, with your cloaking I-techs, sneak in and do the investigations. We dont want another shoot-up like we did at the docks, so we have to be as careful as possible.

*AcidK sighes carefully and looks around.*

I want a map of virglance and a second map with a one-kilometre radius around where that transport has landed, if you cannot do that then a rough estimate will do fine.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 13:38   #332
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

Adam glances around and grabs a disc (or something to transfer memory unto) and inserts it into the computer he tries to transfer as many files as he can as he glances around waiting for anyone who would even try to come and stop him

Unread 31 Mar 2004, 18:49   #333
Mad cat

no we dont want a shoot-up but if these guys really do want him as bad as it seems, we will have one the instant we are detected. and i dont expect this place to be an unsuspecting daycare center, now that they know some about what we can and will do, they'll have the place heavily guarded, so either we'll have to pull a mr.47 job or come close to an assault
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 04:24   #334
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- I've read the UO thread and I'm ready to reply to this thread now. However, it's a bit late at the moment, so I'm going to delay my reply to tomorrow. (So don't DM us yet, DM twelve instead. ) -OOC
Unread 1 Apr 2004, 09:23   #335
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

he can't DM yet. needs to edit my DM first, to include the stuff I NEED to be able to post.

Unread 1 Apr 2004, 19:10   #336
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looked at Mad Cat for a little while.*

If we risk an open assault we will be pummeled before we even enter the facility. For now the only answer is to sneak into the facility unnoticed, take Jamal and attempt to escape without being noticed still, however they will notice us when we grab Jamal, so we would need an imediate pickup as soon as you have Jamal.

*AcidK tapped his lip a few times before continuing.*

We shall consult the map of the area when we have it and we will have an idea on how to enter that facility. We could use sewer tunnels, ventelation shafts, rooftop entry or even sneaking in as one of them.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 3 Apr 2004, 00:04   #337
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- Sorry for the rather long delay everyone, but here is my reply. -OOC

Ur_Quan had enjoyed the sleeping. He hadn't rested since the alarm at HQ had called him from his bed. He had also eaten something after his new cloaking upgrade had been installed and after that, he'd taken a walk around the base. Since there wasn't anything for him to do until the facility's scientists had analysed the mysterious falcon's flightplan, he checked his equipment and made sure everything was still in perfect shape. Broken or malfunctioning equipment could have a serious impact on the outcome of a mission.

Ur_Quan then visited the armoury to replenish his throwing daggers and his tranquilizer darts. Seeing how he nearly ran out last time, he decided to take a bit more than usual and remembering the fight in the stadium, Ur_Quan thought that an extra handheld EMP gun would be very helpful during similar encounters in the future. He took one from its casing and fastened it to his belt, on the opposite side of where he kept the other gun. It made him feel like one of those cowboys they had in America centuries ago. Next, he went by the tech department to collect a new communications device to replace the one he had used to track the falcon.

On his way back to the command centre, Ur_Quan visited Kilo to thank her for the 'hospitality', but also to express his concern about how the enemy knew exactly where and when it needed to be to reclaim Jamal and he asked her to investigate whether the ICE9 secure communication protocol had been hacked or perhaps the presence of a possible snitch inside HQ.

Presently, Ur_Quan was listening to his colleagues as they were discussing their next course of action. AK's plan was making sense, however, before any final decision was made, Ur_Quan offered a suggestion of his own. "We have brought two prisoners with us, why don't we interrogate them and see if we can get any information from them? They may be reluctant to give us any, but I trust the prisoners haven't seen or spoken with eachother, so if we play this smart, we might be able to set them up against eachother and get them talking?"
Unread 3 Apr 2004, 00:22   #338
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK gripped his chin and stroked the stuble that was now visible there. He was never one to interrogate, he usually fired first, ask questions later.*

Hmm, it could prove beneficial to our next set of objectives... Go ahead, UQ, I'll let you interogate them, you and Mad Cat, I will see if I can gain anymore AP bullets from the armoury. With a bit of luck we may be able to walk through the front door unnoticed...
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 3 Apr 2004, 19:52   #339
Planetkiller II
Current HrH Manijjmint

AK, MC, UQ
Kilo- Yeah, we've kept them in the dark, so there shouldn't be any problems with interogating them. Cells are third on the right. We have aerial reconissance of the area their transport landed in, and the maps are now being downloaded to our comms devices. It looks like they're expecting trouble, there's at least thirty guards, all with top of the line Javelin-17 energy rifles, the whole kit. No expense spared for evil organisations I guess. As to their intelligance, I've been wondering about that too. I can't think how it could have happened really, all our people have rigourous checks done on them. I'll ask HQ to look into it while we deal with it. Also, on a bit of good news, we've been leased out an assault squad, BrightSide-3. If the going gets tough and we need to fight on a larger scale, at least we'll have a few troops to back us up. I'll let you get back to what you were doing while I talk to HQ.

Adam
*The main portion of the files has just finished its transferral when a lab coated scientist enters through the door, chatting to a colleague. It takes a couple of moments before either realise what is going on, then one shouts out in surprise. Someone must have heard it, and it won't be long before the entire base decends on you, escaped prisoner that you are. There is still plenty of oppurtunity for chaos, but there must be a hangar about somewhere if you decide that you want to escape immediately.*

Unread 4 Apr 2004, 13:04   #340
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

"ok"

*nods at Phang, signaling that HQ had allowed them to investigate*

care to tell us some more while we fly there?

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:46   #341
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

Hmm Lets get a move on shall we.. *Adam turns and dashes out of the room and when he exits his puts a hand to his concealed automatic heading forward stealthily but still trying not to look as though he is the once, Adam tries to loacate the hangar or an armory quickly as he glacnes around looking for somebody*

Unread 7 Apr 2004, 12:50   #342
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

//ooc I know I'm about 5 months late (), but can I join the thread...? This one looks good... //ooc
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:03   #343
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-ooc-

You'll be waiting full weeks for DM replies...

-ooc-
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 13:09   #344
Fishbone

Fishbone will become famous soon enoughFishbone will become famous soon enough

//ooc His last one was 3 days ago, so only 4 more to go \o/ //ooc
Fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 14:15   #345
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

OOC- PK2 has announced that he wouldn't be DMing anything until Thursday (see the away thread). Other than that, it's mostly the players that prevent him from DMing as they're particularly hasty with replies.
*Shamefully goes to work on his reply.* -OOC
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 15:09   #346
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan turned to AK and said: "Right, I may have a plan, but I'm going to need some help. The plan is to make either of our prisoners think that the other one has decided to cooperate with us in exchange for protection and a reduction in punishment."

Ur_Quan briefly looked at MC and then turned back to AK: "What I propose to do is that we bring one of the prisoners to the interrogation room with the transparent mirror. While he waits I'll bring the other prisoner to a different room for questioning, and I'll escort him right past the room with the guy in it and by some 'unfortunate coincidence' the intercom between the inside and outside of the room, just so happens to be working and the prisoner will 'accidentally' hear what is being said in the room."

Ur_Quan took a deep breath before continuing to explain his plan: "So as this happens, I need one of you, preferably you AK, inside that room, talking to the prisoner in such a way as to make it appear that he's agreed to cooperate with us. You know, thank him for his assistance, claim that he's been very helpful and start talking about the witness protection program. It requires some acting and a bit of bluff, but I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off as long as your prisoner can't get a word in between. Now as all of this is being relayed through the intercom to the outside of the room where the prisoner and I are standing. I will pretend to be embarrassed by this 'incident' and quickly turn it off... at exactly the right moment."

Ur_Quan paused and looked to see if both his colleagues were still following what he was talking about and continued: "After I shut down the intercom, I need you, MC, to hurry into the interrogation room, pretend to whisper something into AK's ear while pointing at the mirror, at which point I'll lead the prisoner away to the other room. Now, as my prisoner will, think that his partner betrayed him and that he's going to be locked away for the next 500 years or so, AK must tell his prisoner that his partner has snitched on him and that unless he does the same, he'll be in for some severe punishment. With a bit of luck, both our guys will try to save their own skin and be more forthcoming with the information we need. So what do you think?"
Unread 7 Apr 2004, 17:59   #347
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looks at Ur Quan carefully, his face never frowning or looking even strained of thought. After a small moment of silence AcidK suddenly moved, although it was slow, and tapped Ur Quan on the shoulder, leaning a little.*

You know, thats the planning I wanted to hear... I say we go for it, my reaction time I-Tech can be activated so that when that prisoner tries to speak, I will stop him and speak above him. This will be fun...

*AcidK nodded to Mad Cat.*

So, what do you think of this plan?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 8 Apr 2004, 00:24   #348
Mad cat

ooc- i see my absence hasnt mattered much here -ooc

i think it should work quite well, i also find it rather amusing, lets go for it
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 03:51   #349
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

"One more thing though", Ur_Quan continued. "Both prisoners need to wear their restraints and their I-tech inhibiters at all times to prevent them from using their abilities and breaking out."

Ur_Quan turned to Kilo and said: "Even though I'm sure this facility is perfectly secure, we cannot take any risks, so when we're done questioning these guys, I think you should call for a transport to take them away to the maximum security prison we have on the spacering." Ur_Quan then looked at AK and hastily added: "If that's alright with you of course, guv?"
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 21:36   #350
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Without any form of actually reaching the Spacering that will not be possible, otherwise we'd be up there now. No, they are to be kept here until the space-lines are active once more.

*AcidK stood up a little and nodded to his two colleagues.*

Well then, shall we begin?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.