User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Jan 2004, 17:38   #51
Sivart

Sivart is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Gems Of Destruction

After hearing the strange, black clad person make reference to an adventure, one most likely more lucrative than anything else to be found in this poor town, Sivart ponders for a couple seconds before taking one last sip of the diluted ale and carefully stands. Cautiously dodging any other missiles from the drunk combatants throughout the room, he stealthily follows the elf as he too seems intent upon adventure.
Sivart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 22:38   #52
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Striding into Dragonsjem chambers an eerie silence in his steps, only the tapping of wood against rock signs of his presence.

"It would seem I have distubed you at a bad time, or a good one"
A deep hollow voice, coming from an armoured figure. Full face helmet covering his head, with a covering drapping down over where his shoudles should be, slits cut into the front of the helmet only to show darkness, coverings sourunding him except for clawed bone hands and bone feet. The figure casting a long shadow agaisnt the wall as a candle flickers to his movments, a chic staff held within his claws, decorated wood with simple patterns, flowing into a grim display of bones. The final pinacple of its elegance being the black orb mounted uptop it.

Casting a glance across to the served head, his helmed face turing to meets Bakan's eyes
"A freind of yours?"
Any lack of weakness as to whether he was serious about the question, stepping over to the decapitated head. Houlstering it up with his free claws its dead gaze facing his dark sight head on, as it hangs by its grey blood stained hair.
"A curious way to importalize an enemy, the whole body could of served a better function even if just as meat to be eaten, a headless corpse is off no more use than that."
Slight hint of ambigiuty sounding in his echoing voice.

"a trivial matter really, but reason as to why i have come here I have some news you may wish to hear mistress, A broken pawn from afar and hapless fool. Harbering much fear and anguish has set in plan a motion of events that could prove intresting, for better of worst has not bene revelaed to me yet. Such is the tide of time the future and past remain unwritten, for the future can lie in the past and the past can lie in the future. The present is the road we travel between both, such is the way of the visions of time"
A vauge sentance to the even the most discerning of listners.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 06:37   #53
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

ooc// you guys really need to team up over the common foe, despite your chars personal feelings. I've got a lot planned for you, but you have to get toghter..at least in semblance. Also chose a leader if you will, but it's not necessary. //ooc

DM:
As you make your way upstairs, you find the conditions less than pleasant. Luckily you don't plan to spend the night there. Inside the room is a single bed, if you can it that, more of a straw mat on the floor, a small wobbly table and 2 chairs. The room has a single window facing out onto the street. The shutters for the hole are broken, one completely off, one hanging barely on, letting in the noise from outside and anything else.

IC//
Sitting in her tall back chair, a dragon carved into the top with rubies imbedded into the eyes, the arms of the chair carved like claws. Dragonsjem rests her arms atop the claws, leaning back, one leg crossed over the other. Her leg moving a little, conveying a sense of annoyance and boredom, her gaze blank, contemplaiting something. Glancing up as Bakan enters the room, her look of annoyance still as he speaks, waiting till he finishes. Rising quickly with a unknown grace, glaring down at Bakan, her voice irritated as she speaks.

"You took your time I see. I'm sure that one *Her hand quickly snapping out toward the head and back* put up no more of a fight than the other ex-soldiers we have encountered. It;s been so long since..since.." Her speech turning into a growl.

Spinning around as Darkling enters, her annoyance calming a little as she knows he only disturbs her in her thoughts when it's important. Watching him carefully as he makes his way across the room, holding back an almost laugh at his comment about the head. Returning to her chair once more, she leans back and listens to his news before speaking.

"Ah, this is welcome new indeed. Perhaps we may find a challenge once more....I have grown so tired of these worthless opposition." Turning toward Bakan she continues. "They have been congregating near the city. Head to the closest town to the north and wait for them. Do what you will the villagers, but let some escape. Lure them in and report back. I wish to know what we shall have to deal with."

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 14:51   #54
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

A slight bow following as Dragonsjem speaks
"I shall make some plans of my own then my lady"
His blakc gaze resting upon the almost flustered looking Bakan at her comments.
"With the greatest repect for your plans of course I assure you it will not interfiere"
His body rising up striaght his unseen face cold to the bone, a unearthly chills gathers about him, the distorted images of flicker candles reflexing of his metal bracers, highligting the shapes carved into them.
"I will look further into this matter, and mediate upon the visions further perhaps mre will be revealed to me in time"
Slowly bringing about his body, his drapping cloak sending some dust flying into the air. The tapping of his staff agiasnt the hard floor one few sigsn of his departure out of the room.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 16:42   #55
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

*Nibimacarion quickly sat down on the ground and started off with planning their trip, they would have to find out where they could find the dragonlady first, probably deep within her terrority*

"we'll have to make our way to the dragonlady's lair, preferably in a stealthy way if it's up to me so we'll have the element of surprise working in our favor, anybody have any good ideas for that??"

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence

Last edited by flapjack; 4 Jan 2004 at 17:15.
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 17:28   #56
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road

Eown wanders upstairs, overhearing the conversation from the other heros, if they could be called that. he smirked at points, but remembered only the vaguest resembelence of actual planning. More a sentient squabling over petty things, with a larger goal in mind. In this situation, things are put aside, and wrongs righted, then life carried back on. Rapping on the door twice before entering, Eown steps over the threashold and immediately walks over to the corner of the room, and sits, crossing his legs. Closing his eyes, he continues unmoving, avoiding contact with people. His mind begins to wander, away from the sides and boundrys it knew once, back into the past, swirling mysts of deep intergrated emotions, painful. His lashed body, further back, his lost lover, further back, his painful upbringing. words flash into his mind:

Mastering ones past makes mastering the future easier

One of his masters of old begins to talk on it. he remembers ignoring him totally, and forfeiting his chances of... that side of life. Pressing himself forward now, he trys to reach into the future. clouded, bleak, cold. He struggles, and seconds later, a bright white light flashes and hes sits forward, shaking, and awake...

"Say, you wouldn't happen to have a drink would you, sir. I never did catch your name..."

[ooc] Sorry its short, and poor. also. i apologise for my absence recently, i was on holiday, of sorts. but thats over now [/ooc]
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 17:42   #57
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

*lestat looks quisically at Eown.*

"no, sory, i don't. The name's lestat by the way."

*facing Nibimacarion, lestat thinks for a moment, then says

"I agree on the stealth factor, but unfortunately i dont have any idea how we are going to pull it off. One thing is certain, however. We need a leader, someone to make the final decions, or we're not going to get very far. Right now we are a group of strangers in a stinking tavern room, we need to become a collection of adventurers, and the fastest way i can think of to do that is to put someone in charge. I recommend a vote."
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 19:50   #58
PyRo`
Posts++;

PyRo` is an unknown quantity at this point

Qualme sits down in the damp corner nearest the door
"hah! you speak of the great lady as if you can just wander up to her past her minions and slice her open, she is all powerfull, those drunken fools down stairs are only still alive because she's yet to order their destruction, they know this and that is why they're drinking, nobody can escape her power and if you think otherwise she will crush you like a roach."
he laughs
"Though I have only heard storys of her, but if only a quarter of what I've heard is true then this is no quest to be taken lightly, I am not arrogant enough to think our future actions will go unnoticed by the great lady"
he says as he eyeing the elf
"I suspect your careless talk has not gone unnoticed, do you really think that decrepit old man came to meet us upon his own accord, her spies are every where, he may even be one of them. For better or for worse it apears we are destined to share this quest so allow me to introduce myself, my name is Qualme and it would seem we are soon to be companions in a quest that I can only describe as suicide"
Qualme bows his head slightly, disapearing into the shadow of the corner and sits silent.
PyRo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2004, 21:59   #59
Heiro
'Mael'

"Excuse me, but i doubt those people drink souly because of that. Im sure they have other reasons. Trust me, They will have other reasons. But as you say, its not a light quest, and a leader is the last of our worries. Democracy my good lestat, works better than authoritarian, final decisions. That and no one will agree on a set person, what with the lack of background on anyone. Although this man in the corner, he is a smart one, Heed his words. I fear we shall all die on any quest in this god forsaken land, not just to tackle the lady. For that is impossible, as they say..."

His voice trails off, as he thinks about why he is here, and why he is even considering traveling with these people...
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 01:56   #60
Sivart

Sivart enters the room and slowly takes in the surroundings while only partially listening to what's being said. At the mention of dragonsgem, he snaps to attention and listens more carefully. Once the monk has had his say and seems to ponder some unknown idea of his, Sivart slowly walks towards the main group and addresses Qualme and Eown in particular.
"I doubt not what both you say is true, but because of that I believe we should act with haste. A democratic solution would see that everything happens without much agreement, but should some of her spies have overheard your discussion about venturing out after her...I doubt not that we would require someone to lead to prevent getting killed before any set plans are made. I'm addressed as Sivart, also, and would like to join up with your adventurous group, if that would be possible, no matter what's decided upon."
With that said, he slowly backs away a slight distance and stands in a relaxed, yet cautious posture.
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 02:59   #61
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

*Bowing his head to his master, Bakan turns and walks away, though narrowing his eyes slightly at the two "lovebirds" as it were. While his loyalty to them was absolute, deep within himself was a small part that rebelled at the atrocities he committed in their name. That part however, even as it rose up this time around was quickly smashed down. No matter how often he thought he eliminated that part of himself, it managed to find a way back.*

*Reaching the outside, Bakan banishes those thoughts from his head as he reaches his steed. Clad in black armor, the war-horse snorted as it sensed Bakan approach, it's skeletal feet stomping on the ground. Climbing onto it easily with grace, Bakan rides off towards the village.*

Some Time Later

*Walking slowely, and sticking near the shadows, Bakan observes the village from a distance. As the sky slowely darkens, Bakan stands still, watching the villages walk into their homes, candlelights fading as they started to fall asleep. Narrowing his eyes more, Bakan looks up at the sky, and sees large thunderclouds approach. Hearing a distant rumble of thunder, Bakan smiles. This will be a great night.*

*Sitting inside the little shed by the village gates, Rand K'Nig shivered as the rain pounded outside, far to often puncutated with thunder. 'What kind of crazy fool would come to the village during this horrible storm?' he wondered, wishing that the village had installed a stove in the shed, so that at least he could be warm.*

*Hearing something, Rand turned his head towards the window. Squinting, he is shocked when he sees a large horse with a rider approaching. What surprised Rand though was that the horse was walking at a calm, sedate pace, with the rider sitting fully upright. Grunting, Rand tossed on a heavy cloak and steps outside. Within seconds he is soaked to the bone, but he knows his duty to sound the alarm if anyone who comes to the gate is a enemy.*

*Looking at the village gates, Bakan smiles, ignoring the rain as is splatted against his clothing and flesh. Looking at the gate, he sees a lone villager, obviously unhappy, walk to the gate. Spurring his heals against the sides of his horse, the horse leaps forward, sprinting towards the gate. Watching the villager's face turn from annoyance to shock to panic as the horse raced towards the gates. Reaching them, the horse reared up, and smashed it's front hooves against the gate, knocking it down, catching Rand on his legs, pinning him.*

*Walking forward, Bakan ignores the sickly sounds of his horse walking over Rand, the hooves punching straight through the boy's body, starting with his legs, back, neck, finally his head is pulverised. Slowely walking past the gate, towards the village proper, Bakan smiles. Now that he was past the guardstation, night was no longer needed. Looking up at the sky, Bakan sees the faint glow of dawn approaching, barely visible due to the thick storm clouds that were slowely thinning out. Reaching the village itself, Bakan sat there on his horse and smiled, and waited.*

*Dawn slowely came, and villagers started to rise, many of them grumbling as they heard the rain pounding, but they all knew they needed to get to work. Many of them gave silent thanks to their gods that they lived through the night without attack. Slowely they started to exit, going about their chores as the rain slowely started to die away.*

*One villager, a young child, waking up early for once skipped around, till he reached the outer area of the village. Playing with a stick, pretending it was a sword, he danced, until the stick snapped. Looking at it, the kid looked over, and saw a large broadsword in the ground, held by a giagantic figure, clad completly in black.*

"Boo."

*With that word, Bakan pulled his sword out and swung, catching the boy's neck and sending the kids head flying back into the village. One villager, walking along holding a bucket of water, saw something fly from the sky and land into the bucket. Looking down, he looks, blinks, and screams as the unseeing eyes of the kid stare back at him, the stump at the bottom of his head turning the water red.*

*Walking slowely, Bakan reaches a young girl, picking some flowers. A quick swing of his sword and her arm lands in the flowerbed. Screaming the girl stumbles back, staring at Bakan in terror and fear, tears streaming from her eyes. Bakan on his part simply walks by, pausing only to swing his sword at a barking dog, ending it's barks.*

*By this point, several villagers were looking around in panic, wondering where the rest of the boy was, when Bakan stepped out. His face hidden from view, Bakan raises his non-sword hand, and shoots several fire arrows at the villagers. The arrows, unguided shoot through, many of them striking nothing but buildings, other striking villagers causing wounds that were instantly fatal or just extremely painful.*

*Watching several villagers race between two buildings, Bakan waves one of his hands, and without warning, a web of fire appears between the buildings. The first several villagers are pushed through the web, with the flames burning through them, so that the villagers literally fall apart as they pass through the flames. The sheer number of villagers trying to escape keeps pushing more and more villagers through the web. As this happened, Bakan stalks behind them, swinging his sword. Gutting a old farmer, with a quick swing to the other impalling a young maiden, Bakan smiles as even more blood splatters.*

*Hearing high-pitch screaming, Bakan turns to see several children staring at him. Smiling, Bakan reachs to the hood of his cloak and pulls it off, following by the rest of his cloak, letting them stare at his human/dragon hybrid form. Snarling at them, Bakan let's himself change more and more into his dragon form, and stalks towards them.*

*With a scream, a young mother leaps at Bakan, wielding a large kitchen knife. Sighing to himself, Bakan reaches out and grabs the mother by the throat. His blows against him, even with the knife were not enough to punch through his scales. Raising her up and up, Bakan stares at her, then throws her bodily in front of the kids. Pointing his sword, covered red in blood, at her, Bakan slowely speaks.*

"Take those brats, and run, run to the city, let them know what is happening here."

*The mother, shaking and holding her throat, dosen't move. Glaring, Bakan waves his hand, sending several fire arrows at them, impalling one of the kids through the shoulder, burning a nice clean hole through it, and withone literally shearing off the entire arm of a young girl, setting a leg of a young boy on fire. Seeing the mother flinch and move, Bakan points his sword at her throat, tapping it just enough to draw a few drops of blood.*

"Run.... now."

*Turning away, Bakan sees another large group of villagers rushing for freedom. Waving his gauntlets, Bakan casts another fireweb around them all. They all skidded to a stop, for some had obviously seen what a similar web had done to some additional villagers. Casting these webs over and over, Bakan eventually trapped a few villagers, several of them clutching burn wounds and slash wounds, moaning in pain. Looking around, Bakan sees several more poking their heads from behind windows. Ignoring them, Bakan reaches through the fireweb, and grabs a youngish looking man and pulls him through. The fireweb curves around the man, only singing him slightly. Walking to a nearby brike wall near a blacksmith, Bakan smiles. Grabbing some iron spikes, Bakan casts a fire arrow spell on them, setting them on fire. Shoving the man against a brick wall, Bakan grabs one of the spikes and stabs it through the man's wrist. The flames instantly die, but not before cautorizing the wound. Repeating for the man's other wrist and upper legs, Bakan returns to the fire web, this time pulls out a young women. Within minutes she to is stabbed to the wall, both of them still alive. Looking at his captives, Bakan smiles and points to another small group, another mother by the looks clad in a torn nightgown, very attractive normally he guessed, holding a baby with several other kids surrounding her. Pointing at her with a talon Bakan smiles and speaks.*

"You, take those brats, and get out."

*Letting the fireweb around them disapate, Bakan sees her and the kids, along with who he guess is a husband scramble up. Looking at him, Bakan's eyes narrow, and casts another fire arrow spell, but this one with a wider, flatter arrow. It flies true, cutting off the man's left arm at the shoulder, closing the wound as it burns through. As he screams and falls, Bakan shoots another similar fire arrow into the mans leg, cutting that off also.*

"You better run misses, I have this man and I have lots of time, I think I'm going to have some fun."

*Walking over, Bakan grabs the man and quickly stabs him to the wall. With a tear streaked face, the mother screams and runs away,m the kids trailing behind. Counting them, Bakan sighs and shoots another fire arrow, this one cutting at the neck of one of the kids, sending the poor kids head flying.*

*Contining to walk at a calm sedate pace, Bakan continues to attack villagers, for the most part causing non-fatal wounds, letting them scream, and send even more villagers running for the protection of the city. Knowing that it was only a matter of time till the city sent someone to deal with him, Bakan kept a eye out, waiting, as he incites the villagers into greater levels of panic.*

Last edited by Bakan; 5 Jan 2004 at 03:23.
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 17:13   #62
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
*sigh*

if we're gonna be doing this, I suggest we do it soon... the more we talk about leadership and planning, the more people get slaughtered by her minions, and the more chance she has of knowing we're comming, and preparing. We have a fairly good idea of where she is, even just by looking at which villages have been destroyed in which order. I say we suit up, and head for the villages not destroyed yet. have them send their woman and children to the city, and take the fighting-capable men along. go to each village not destroyed in this way yet, untill we meet the minions, kill them, then wage a fullscale assault on the Dragonlady's keep, and ransack it.

there's no way just our little 'party' here is going to be able to kill her and her soldiers, and those people will die anyway if we don't try anything. This is a fight for the survival of all life, so all life should join this fight. If we manage to get enough of an army, we can still try to infiltrate her base with our strongest warriors and mages, and kill her, but atleast we'd have an army watching our back, and keeping her guards our of the way.

if we can't take her down with all our nation's combined might, wits, and fury, we're all doomed anyway. best to die in a glorious battle for our lives, than to be killed like cattle

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 18:20   #63
PyRo`
Posts++;

"I'd sooner assualt on my own than use hordes of villagers as cover, but there is only one guide so we'll have to agree on what action to take and at this rate we'll be here all night."
Qualme says loosing his patience as he emerges from the shadows of the corner, he silently and slowly begins to walk around the room seemingly examining the group, although the floorboards are loose and uneven there is not a foot step to be heard.
"As stated we need a leader, yet everybody is reluctant to volunteer or suggest a suitable candidate, though I do not know or trust any of you I propose our leader should be either Eown or Lestat."
Qualme walks over to Ewon and looks him up and down
"Although Eown apears old and weak he does not look like a fool to me, my instincts tell me he wouldn't have gotten this far if he was no more than he apeared so I will trust my instincts."
Qualme now turns to Lestat and looks him up and down as well
"I like the boots"
he laughs
"Though I am unsure of Lestat I believe he has power and strength, I would like to test my abilities against his in battle, I believe him to be a worthy oponent"
he says bowing slightly.
"I feel Lestat would lead us well and would hold strong against any enemies who may cross our path though Eown may be the wiser"
Qualme walks away from Lestat towards the door
"Whoever we decide upon, my fate shall be my own, I shall not follow any mans order blindly and I shall kill anyone who tries to force their orders upon me"
He warns as he sits back down in the corner and disapears into the shadows yet again.

Last edited by PyRo`; 5 Jan 2004 at 18:25.
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 18:26   #64
flapjack
crashed computer

"I however do not believe in having a necromancer as our group's leader, Eown however i agree about, he might be a capable leader and i certainly don't believe a big army will get us anywhere, look at those that have been sent against the lady previously, they where slaughtered. The best way in between would be for us to sneak in and have the army as back up, so that if things start going wrong we'll have a way to turn the tide"

Unread 5 Jan 2004, 21:42   #65
PyRo`
Posts++;

"Necromancer!"
Qualme laughs realising that the elf was talking about Lestat
"Why do you assume Lestat is a necromancer? I would have thought an elf would know better than to call a stranger names so openly, never mind a necromancer of all things and even if he was a necromancer, which I doubt, why would a master of the undead wish to face and fight armies of the undead?"
he says still with a hint of laughter in his voice.
"I believe we should stick to the matter at hand, which is who will lead the group, then once that is decided we can talk about what action to take, though I'll have you know I will not hide amongst masses of untrained peasants weilding pitch forks and axes they would only get in my way."
saying this Qualme falls silent once again
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 21:53   #66
Heiro
'Mael'

"Old and weak. I have not been called that in... some years."

Eown sighs and walks toward the door. Smiling, he makes his first, and possibly best decision of the day. Grasping the old wooden handle, he pulls swiftly, ignoring the horrid creak he gets as the d door opens.

"I suggest we continue this, say... on the road to wherever we are going. Sitting here isnt doing anyone any good. As our honourable, battledriven friend points out. "

Smirking, he steps out the threashold and slowly down the steps, pushing his worn cloth tunic neatly into place as he steps slowly down each step. Old and weak... The words play in his mind, and he thinks on them. Why am i here? jumps to the forefront of his mind, causing him to wish for something better, somewhere better. His back itches, and he realises why he's here. It becomes quite clear. Stepping back into the bar, he looks around for a second, instinctually before walking over to the bar, and asking politely:

"A pair of bottles of your best wine sir, and a backpack to carry them in. The gold here should cover the wine and the trouble."
with a sincere smile, he puts his last two gold onto the counter, and pushes them into keeps hands.
"Thankyou kind sir."
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 22:27   #67
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

*lestat, following Eown's lead, leaves the room. As they exit the building, lestat adresses the old man*

"it seems that north is the best route from here, I believe. If memory serves there is a village that we should reach by nightfall, where everyone can aqquire some good mounts, and we could undergo a selection of people to see who to bring on our quest. Sending the women and children to the town, obviously. Also, am i to assume you have taken the role of our leader? It would be best to make up your mind now, before we get to far underway and you decide you dont want to be responsible any more. Don't take me wrong, though, i mean no offence."
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 23:11   #68
PyRo`
Posts++;

Qualme gets up and exits the room, he then heads for the bottom of the stairs, dodging the odd missile he pushes his way through the drunks to the exit, once outside he takes a deep breath then exhales.
"ah, fresh air at last, now I wonder where they got to"
he says to himself as he walks away from the tavern, a few moments later he notices Lestat and Eown a short distance from himself, both walking together heading north, Qualme swiftly disapears into the shadows then begins to stalk them like a preditor stalking its prey.
Unread 5 Jan 2004, 23:26   #69
flapjack
crashed computer

*Nibimacarion quickly got up and chased the others, noticing Qualme disappearing into the forest and Eown and Lestat quite some distance ahead, he quickly gives chase to the 2 and catches up*

"Well then, before we go out of the city, i suggest we get to know eachother a little better, for 1, i still don't know what you are" Nibimacarion says while pointing at lestat. "i'm Nibimacarion, a mountain elf and a fire mage, not inapt with a sword or a staff, but certainly not fond of them."

Unread 6 Jan 2004, 00:31   #70
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown laughs, as best he can without seeming too impressed.

"Assuming leadership, no. That was just a suggestion, im suprised anyone followed me at all."

Eown walks along in silence, thinking about the bottles clunking in his bag, and the wind on his old weatherbeaten face. After about half a mile, he turns back to lestat.

"You seem a well educated man, I believe if anyone, you should lead this... "band of warriors." However, i will remain by your side and advise you, should you wish it. Im here for more reasons than would make it sane for me to lead on any count. Ill tell you over a drink some time, except, of course you dont drink...."

Looking at The elf, and smiling, Eown replys:

"Im Eown, as you have undoubtedly heard. Im an old man, i've just gotten over an unhealthy drinking habit, and im almost useless with both sword and staff. Why am i here... you'll soon see."
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 01:56   #71
Sivart

Sivart watches as the others leave and slowly goes to join them. After filching some coins from a snoring drunk, he steps outside the inn and watches as the travelers go down the path. Noticing a man with a slightly laden pack horse ride in, Sivart waits and watches until the man dismounts and enters the building. With the movements of a sure thief, he quickly unhitches the reins, mounts and rides after the three he sees on the path. Setting the horse to a quick trot, he catchs up to them and dismounts, leading the horse as he walks behind them.

"I hope you don't mind, but I think I'll bring this fine beast so we have one less to buy." Digging through the lone pack on the horse, he finds a small flagon of wine, some hard tack, and half a dozen russet apples. Digging a few apples out of the pack, he takes a bite into one and desides that they are edible.
"Anyone want an apple? Seems to me that a few of you might want to get the taste of that ale out of your mouths."
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 13:21   #72
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
Thungarth sighs as he exits the inn, and sees the others leaving north. He knows they're heading off to die, and knows that he too will be in great danger if he decides to join them, but for some reason, the nobility of their quest seems to draw him. Many a times before had he ventured into the dark one's land, but never dared cross the border. He had thought of seeking out the evil one, and destroying her singlehandedly almost every other day, but never had the feeling he would be able to succeed. now, tough his common sence told him they stood no chance in hell, and only went to die, he had this strange feeling, this gutfeeling, that they actualy stood a chance... and that his joining them, would increase their chances yet again...

sighing deeply again, he started following them, northwardsbound

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 17:59   #73
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

*lestat looks at Nibimacarion*

"surely you have worked out by now that i'm no necromancer? Nay, i am just a foolish man wearing too much black, and as you can probably tell I am familiar to the art of the sword myself. The names lestat, as you may or may not have heard already."

*lestat then turns to Sivart.*

"I don't believe i ever mentioned paying for the horses, and you seem a more than capable thief. Do you think you could aquire a few more mounts at the village, whilst the rest of us try to convince all the unnecesarry people to flee to the city?*

*lestat turns back to Nibimacarion*

"Forgive me for not knowing, but can you detect the ability or potential for magic in a person, i am not exactly familiar with the skills of mage's"

*lestat then faces Eown*

"I will accept your guidance gladly, the voice of experience is never one we should ignore, after all."
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 18:53   #74
PyRo`
Posts++;

"I believe I may be of some assistance persuading unnecesarry people to flee to the city"
Qualme says grinning as he apears from the shadows behind the group
"so Lestat, have you accepted leadership of this queer group? That is unless anybody still has any objections"
he says looking at Nibimacarion

Last edited by PyRo`; 6 Jan 2004 at 19:01.
Unread 6 Jan 2004, 22:05   #75
flapjack
crashed computer

*Without stopping Nibimacarion looked back at Lestat, knowing full well that he was not an ordinary human, for no human would cause such magical disturbances, however by now, it was reasonably certain that Lestat himself had no idea of the distortions he was creating himself, most likely he would be an undead creature but Nibimacarion decided to further probe Lestat later, he would have plenty of chances*

"Think of magic like a huge web, spun throughout the universe. To use magic, you change and twist the web, therefore whenever someone uses magic, every person that has had some training in detecting these changes can detect them. However normal mortals simply walk through the webs without noticing, magic is therefore the concentration of changes on such a web in a location where it can push through into the real-world and cause effects. Had you used any kind of magic since the moment you entered town, i would have surely noticed and the closer you had been, the more capable i would have been to determine exactly what you did. By looking at this I can determine the skill of a magic user, for practiced mages are far more capable at bending the web of magic to their will. I can detect magic potential by causing a change of the magical web inside a person, if the person has no or almost no magical ability, there will be little effect and the web's change will remain for a long time, if however the person has magical potential, then his mind will automatically attempt to straighten out the web, thus removing the changes I made, the faster this goes the bigger a person's potential. However everything is training and even a person with great potential will not become powerfull without much training."

ooc/ in other words Lestat, i'm picking up that F*cking huge magical energy that is keeping you "alive", but i'm not telling you that you are actaully causing such disturbances and that I thus know that, tough you're not a mage (see the probe piece) you are imbued with great magical power and thus either undead or strange (cursed, blessed, other such effects) /ooc

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 02:19   #76
Sivart

Sivart nods to Lestat and replies "I'll do what I can." and continues on walking. Glancing at Thungarth as he arrives and Qualme as he appears from the shadows, Sivart looks around and ponders on what a ragtag group he's joined up with. Old men, undead, dwarves and an elf, he thinks to himself that, along with being lucrative, things might actually get a little entertaining as well.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 06:19   #77
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

ooc// Geez you guys post a lot. I'm not complaining but i wasn't expecting my thread to move THIS quickly, anyways,here's some action for you since you're prolly getting bored. And i know this could be better, but i haven't quite been in the writing mood..//ooc

The sun shines high in the sky as you start to make your way out of the city. Barely stepping outside it's boundries, those with higher senses can hear a faint high pitched sound to the north. Shrugging it off as an animal you return to the conversations at hand. As time passes, the noise becomes more acute, everyone can hear a faint wail mixed with a woman's screaming. Looking in the direction, you think you sounds are coming from, you see a woman dragging two children behind, still far enough away to discern her hysteric screams from the wails of the children. Watching her closer, you can see her clothes are blood stained.

IC: Following Darkling with her eyes as he leaves, Dragonsjem smiles. Leaning back in her chair once more, she ponders a few thoughts.
This is a welcome change indeed. I've become bored with these easy villagers distruction. Perhaps someone will be an actual challenge...or at least a temporary amusement...Grinning more, running her tongue along her lips at the thought of the fights to come....Now to wait for Bakan to return.Sighing her thoughts continue..He will be quite a while...he does so enjoy the slaughter...so eagar...he must learn the joy of prolonging the suspense someday.

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 10:14   #78
Maniacal_Intent
W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G

Maniacal_Intent can only hope to improve
Ultra MEga Catch-up Reply #2

Geez, 2 days I dont check the thread and AWAY it goes...
Guess I'll just pretend ive been followin you all without saying anything.
/OOC

Seeing the woman, Intent graspsthe handle of his axe and slowly gets ready in case whatever else is coming down the road is inclined to fight. Not personally con cerned for the fleeing people's welfare he leaves it up to the group's 'leader' and stares back down the highway.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 10:35   #79
PyRo`
Posts++;

"I don't think we'll have much persuading to do when we arrive, nor do I think there'll be a merry tavern of drunks left to meet us"
Qualme says as the woman moves towards the group
"I suggest you stay alert and that you don't utter the great ladys name from here on for her spies are closer than ever and though she most likely already knows of us there is no need to draw any extra attenttion to our selves. There is little we can do now apart from to continue on our path and see what we can salvage from the ruins once we arrive, do not concern yourself with the suffering of these weak peasants"
he says turning to the group before turning back to watch the distressed womans aproach.

ooc// I think I'm getting addicted to RP I'm posting at college while half asleep //ooc

Last edited by PyRo`; 7 Jan 2004 at 10:44.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 17:13   #80
flapjack
crashed computer

*Nibimacarion quickly glances at the woman, considering quickly that they were in fact coming from some kind of attack, probably in the village they where heading towards, tough she does appear heavily wounded, Nibimacarion immediatly speeds his pace and heads closer to the village, intending to find out what happened and urging the others to follow him*

"whatever caused this, might still be around and might even be heading our way, i suggest we get a move on"

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 17:45   #81
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*sighs yet again, watching the elf run off in the distance, as he stops the woman in her tracks, trying to calm her down, and have her tell him what happened*

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 18:06   #82
PyRo`
Posts++;

"Whatever caused this is no doubt in the service of the great lady and it would be foolish to face her or her armies in a head on assault until we have decided upon what action to take, go on ahead if you wish and then maybe the rest of us could find some entertaiment in your death, I know I shall"
Qualme sighs
"I care not for the fate of that or any other village, I will find out what happened in time. I am no coward, but I have no desire to foolishly rush into things and meet an early death, nor do I have any desire to become a hero to the weak."
saying that Qualme slows his pace and walks towards Thungarth and the distressed woman
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 18:24   #83
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

*lestat, torn between his natural urge for battle and bloodshed and his hatred of running into the unknown, stands still for a second before he shouts to Nibimacarion

"COME BACK, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE RUNNING INTO!"

That said, he turns to the hysterical woman and the group

"have you managed to get anything out of her? Have any of you got something that can calm her down a bit, some wine, a drug, anything?"
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 18:32   #84
flapjack
crashed computer

*still heading towards the village at a high pace, Nibimacarion turns his head around a yells back towards lestat and the group*

"I'm not the kind to rush into things, but I intend to find out what's happening in the village and if I can, stop it, if I can't, i'll have to wait for back-up."

*Nibimacarion then continues towards the edge of the forest*

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 18:33   #85
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*frowns slightly, muttering underbreath, to noone in particular* 'you should have let him go...'

Thungarth stood up, and turned to the others

"will you people PLEASE take a few steps back? this woman is in a lot of stress, and the last thing she needs is to be smashed and crushed by eager fools! Give her some room to breath, and calming down will be a lot easier on her already"

quickly letting the anger fade, Thungarth turned back to the woman
"calm down miss... you're safe here... please, take a deep breath, and calm down. I know you're seen awfull things, but if you want it to stop, you have to calm down, and tell us everything... what village are you from? have you been running long? how many were there attacking you? did they let you go, or did you escape? can you describe them to us?"

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 18:49   #86
PyRo`
Posts++;

"Let him go, if he wants to rush into things then at this rate he wont last very long, it is better for us to be rid of him now rather than later. Anyway by the sounds of it the slaughter already ended, I now only hear a few faint screams, probably those lying injured and dying and those crying for fallen loved ones, there has been no fresh screams for some time now so I doubt we'll miss anything."
Qualme says turning to Lestat before turning his attention back to the woman
"As for the woman, she has said nothing yet apart from giberish, she wont stop crying, I have something that may help ease her suffering...."
Qualme moves one side of his cloak aside to reveal the handle of what apears to be a broadsword with a large spike protruding from the bottom of the handle though the scabbard is too narrow to conceal the blade of a broadsword. Qualme grins noticing even more terror on the womans' face and then reaches into his cloack,
"here have her take a sip of this, though just a sip for it is strong and it is not for the likes of her"
he says as he removes a hip flask from his cloak and tosses it to Lestat

Last edited by PyRo`; 7 Jan 2004 at 18:59.
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 19:53   #87
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

*lestat opens the flask and takes a sniff*

"It does seem a bit strong, are you sure it won't just make her worse?"

*lestat turns to Thungarth, offering him the hip fask*

"you seem to be the one who knows the most about this kind of thing, if you think it's safe, i think you should give her some of this, the sooner we get her talking the sooner we can go and save our headstong friend."
Unread 7 Jan 2004, 20:23   #88
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*snif*

do we want to kill this woman, or do we want her to calm down? if you want to kill her, have her drink of this... if you want her to calm down, give her a few minutes...

Unread 7 Jan 2004, 20:56   #89
PyRo`
Posts++;

"If I wanted to kill her I would do so without wasting good drink"
Qualme mumbles as he takes the flask backs off Thungarth and returns it to his cloak
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 01:58   #90
Sivart

Sivart glances from the woman to the elf dissappearing into the forest and back to the woman. Seeing her distress at Qualme and hearing them talk about calming her nerves with something a tad too strong, Sivart digs through the saddle pack and pulls out the flask and an apple. Opening and sniffing at the flask, he determines that it's only elderberry wine, nothing too strong, though possibly watered down, he walks up and hands it to the woman, along with the apple.
"Here, take this and calm down, ma'am. I'm sure you've been through a lot and could use some help, but that will come in it's own time."
Sivart backs away, allowing the woman her space, and stands beside his horse.
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 05:33   #91
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Okay, i had a whole DM thing written up and my comp froze losing it all. I'm out of it now, so i'll DM in the morning, sorry. Don't jump too far ahead, and flapjack, you will NOT reach the village. It is not just down the road.

Unread 8 Jan 2004, 10:18   #92
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*smiles slightly as he looks back at Sivart*

*underbreath: 'at least someone in this party with some common sense'*

Unread 8 Jan 2004, 13:44   #93
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

ooc room for a latey? ooc

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2004, 22:07   #94
Heiro
'Mael'

As the woman comes over the hill, stained in blood, screaming hysterically, looking horribly scared and generally destroyed mentally, Eown’s mood begins to change. His jovial facial expressions begin to drain, his hands begin to twitch and he begins to withdraw from conversation. He looks at her, her… innocence in this ‘matter’ and looks at the children. What did they do? Eown looks at her. He gazes at her. His eyes fixed in place unblinking. Before long he breaks out in a cold sweat.

As members of the group break off and begin to crowd her, he stands stoically, just staring. He looks at her clothes. Covered in blood. Not drenched or anything, just splattered. He thinks to himself: Probably her husband, or her father. Or some relations His mouth quivers, and begins to shake. He looks down at his hands, how they shake also. He brings them to his mouth, and feels as they touch his face, a sense of guilt, anger, hatred, boiling up inside him, rage consuming him, burning him…

…The white of his mind clears. A small village shimmers there. He smiles at the memory. Wandering over to houses, he seems to belong. Catching himself in a mirror, he begins to shake profoundly. He is 35 years younger! 25 again! He runs, and jumps. And sees something he never believed he’d see. A woman. His Woman! Standing in the middle of the cobbled square, fishing water from the town well. Running to her, smiling, consumed by happiness. He touches her back as she turns. He looks up in horror, as the now dark village is ablaze with horrible flaming ruinous fires. He sees his wife again, as the man, in deep armour looks at her, at him, as if he could see. He grabs her, and cuts her down, in one swing. He quivers again, shaking like a leaf in the high winds in the mountains. Tears stream down his cold skin, as he wakes from the dream, flashback, call it what you will. He looks back at the woman. He sees the same fear, the same pride, dented, but there. He looks toward the village, in the distance. Pushing past the other warriors, one by one, he begins to walk toward the village, muttering under his breath a mix of curses and prayers for safety. His eyes, burning now, tears streaming out like waterfalls, untameable, unstoppable. Fearless he strides, to a knowing fight, a knowing death.

With each step he takes toward the village, his back begins to burn unforgiving to his problem.

“I’m too old for this. But by god he’ll pay. I know he’s there. Only he leaves people alive…”
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 00:15   #95
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

goddamn.. Eown... hold up! you don't even know which village she's from! pause for a few seconds, and my axe will be joining you... but we can't go about running without knowing where to run too

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 01:12   #96
Maniacal_Intent
W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G

Maniacal_Intent can only hope to improve

Figuring that no evil things are going to come running into view anytime soon, Intent lowers his axe's head to the ground and leans on the handle to shift some weight off of his legs. Now somewhat comfterble he contents himself with watching his associates insult each other.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 01:57   #97
Phantom
Last of the Officers

Phantom has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam
ooc room for a latey? ooc
Ditto
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 04:04   #98
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

ooc:// As i worked the plot around each characters special weapons or abilities or something, it will be a pain to adjust it more. Therefor I will only accommondate one of you. Phant and adam, if you wish to be in the thread, submit a complete character profile including history in PM and I and my co DM will chose the better
Sorry to all who was waiting for me to DM. Parents say my room and demanded i clean. I could write better, but to get to thread going again, here's something//ooc

Flapjack and Heiro: As you become closer to the village, but still just in sight, you can see smoking remnants of buildings. Listening you can hear faint whimpering and the occassional scream.

Everyone else: The woman clings to Thungarth, calming a little as she tastes the apple, reality setting in. Her children rest on the ground around her, still wimpering. Between trying to regain her breath, she utters broken sentences as she points in the direction of which she came, the same path your companions had headed down.
"village....dragon creature.......fire....my husband...my child...."
As she speaks the last word she breaks out into hysterics once again, crumpling to the ground.

Last edited by dragonsjem; 9 Jan 2004 at 06:44.
Unread 9 Jan 2004, 09:14   #99
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*sigh*

you guys go on ahead... I'll escort this woman to town, and hurry back to the village. If you leave before my return, please leave behind a sign or something so I know at least in what direction you lot went...

*picks up the woman, and heads off to town, as the children follow, still crying*

Unread 9 Jan 2004, 12:36   #100
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown looks at Thungarth, and the tears in his eyes drip down onto his raggy shirt. The look tells him he doesnt care. Pushing past the elf, Eown breaks into a sprint, knowing that time is against him and those poor villagers. Now We'll see which of them has any guts. Or brains. Eown thinks to himself as he runs, his hands fingering onto his backpack and the top of one of the wine bottles...