User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Sep 2003, 20:21   #1
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Interest Gauge

While tidying my room, I came across a notebook containing the outline for an action/strat RP i started designing a few months ago. Basically, I want to see whether people would be up for it. Basic premise is a kind of Earth and Beyond/Conflict: Desert Storm/C&C hybrid doohickey - largely-space-based squad combat (squad members can be other RPers or DM/self-played) with a trade/resource-balancing theme. Bases can be built later on (but mainly just as refuelling stations/trade posts), and relations have to be carefully managed with other stations and factions. Weapons can only be changed at friendly bases so you have to choose weapons carefully.

That's all I can think of to write atm, questions -> ask, otherwise just sign up
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 20:45   #2
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
[.................]

INTREST GAUGE

[///////........]
Meh sounds good

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 21:13   #3
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
i like the idea

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 22:03   #4
No Dachi

No Dachi is infamous around these parts
I'm interested, but a few more details would be appreciated.
That Noble Sin; whilst Luxury
Emply'd a Million of the Poor,
And odious Pride a Million more.'

-The Grumbling Hive: or, Knaves Turn'd Honest, Bernard Mandeville
No Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 00:33   #5
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
I'm interested. But still tring to build a strat-RPG in Visual Basic and .NET ready for the new forums (groans). Shraan Commanders will DEFINATLY be ready by new year. Although this thread I like, if it had other info.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 16:30   #6
flapjack
crashed computer

sounds nice acidk

Unread 25 Sep 2003, 16:49   #7
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road
sounds interesting... about a 7/10
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 17:29   #8
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
forgive me if things i say make no sense, contradict each other or have glaring omissions, I'm entrenched in coursework right now and have the attention span of a small bird doped up on amphetamines, after having been diagnosed with ADD..what was i saying?

Anyway. Your first ship will be basic and will have no add-ons - you choose a ship class but nothing to go with it. No exceptions. Your early duties will basically extend to simple missions (chart a solar flare type thing) for credits, establish a trade route, hook up with a squad, etc, etc, and indeed, etc. (Note: You choose the nature of your squad in the signup post (as in, self-played, DM-played or other RPers (although you have to persuade them first) but will have to spend a few posts introing the formation of the squad; sadistic and unnessecary maybe, but it gives me an extra week or so to write some storylines )

Ship engines go up to half-light speed, but there are a number of superlight wormholes - basically, you get on a great big ship, enjoy the ride, and unhitch yourself at the end of it. This will be the prime method of intersystem travel. Note that some wormholes can be traversed faster than others - the travel fee for these is higher.

There will be a number of internally-warring factions, plus an uberbaddie alien race who will be gently introduced with the passage of time. Combat will be factional - required missions for your group sometimes, a chance for a few bucks at others. There will also be a few instances where you take the ship down to a planet to blast some hostile native life - or indeed, just clear out some forests/mountains etc for a base to be built. And so on.

Trade and relations will be a large part of the RP. Money makes the worlds go round, and the best way to earn some cash will be either courier missions or simply selling on goods between bases. Smuggling is another, profitable source of income but if you get caught - and you often will - things look bad for your future with that faction.

There will be 3 main modes of play ; ground combat - which will happen at times; space combat and exploration, which will happen a whole lot more; and trading, on and off bases - the bulk of the game. Note that after a while you can build your own base; this will be a steady earner and strategic placing can drastically help how you fare out in the galaxy, militarily and otherwise. As stated above, you can only change weapons at bases - and unless you have weaponry stored there you'll normally have to hire it at less-than-pretty prices. Some weapons will require ship upgrades; these cost ridiculous amounts unless you impress the right person enough...

DMing will occur at least once a week on average - hopefully nearer 2-3 times. Sometimes you'll have vague, non-time-sensitive objectives and missions, other times you'll be playing a structured game - combat scenarios etc. As far as missions go, post them fully - if I decide there's gonna be a twist I'll post it and anything you posted which becomes redundant is ignored - messy, but the only way to stop a simple mission from taking about two weeks instead of two days of RPing. If people want to have a section posted/DMed on IRC - for example, intense combat which would, again, be highly time-consuming otherwise - mention it at the bottom of a post, with an optimal time/date, and I'll try to meet it. Again, messy, but it speeds things up a whole lot.

If there's anything I'm missing here, holler
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 17:37   #9
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
So basically life in the spacelane...

Sounds interesting, I'm up for it.

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 17:48   #10
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
j0.
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 17:54   #11
flapjack
crashed computer

hmm, has someone here been playing allegiance ?? because it looks an awfull lot like it

and i like allegiance

guess i'm in when it starts

Unread 25 Sep 2003, 17:56   #12
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
squids?
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 19:12   #13
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally posted by flapjack
hmm, has someone here been playing allegiance ?? because it looks an awfull lot like it

and i like allegiance

guess i'm in when it starts
great minds think alike

(read: allegiance?)
Unread 25 Sep 2003, 23:26   #14
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough
Could be interesting.
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 21:16   #15
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Interest Gauge

i have nothing better to do , looks cool.
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:11   #16
Breezer
Gone Fishin

Breezer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Interest Gauge

Sounds good

"Nothing is more frightful than ignorance in action." --Goethe
Breezer is offline   Reply With Quote