User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 5 Jun 2009, 14:44   #1
zPeti

zPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura aboutzPeti has a spectacular aura about
Update

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know what is going on so far.

I will have the new (and community approved) design ready by the end of the week, then it is just up to coders in PATeam to implement it. I am a lot more confident about this one, and I think it will bring in new players for sure. Nick (Blueemu) is finishing off internal Planetarion page designs.

Now, in terms new players, I have arranged (bought) advertising during the signup period on a geek blog, adverts which should be seen by A LOT of people, hopefully around 50k-100k of their readers.
I will also be spending money on a gaming advertising network.

I will also be advertising on ApexWebGaming.com, a games toplist that I bought a month ago.
Most of my time right now has been working on ApexWebGaming, that recieves around 30k visitors a day so advertising from there will certainly bring in new users.
The improved IRC unit (that appoco will hopefully finish by then) should help these new players communicate better with the community and old players.

One bigger change that I would like everyone's opinion on, is that I would like to raise the price of a credit from next round, and from this increased income I want to pay Cin to code the game (so that he is motivated and accountable for doing the work).
Also the game will be completely ad free.

I am also open to having a longer round to compensate for the higher price, if the community would want this. PATeam pointed out however that then we can't fit the rounds into this year, so we would probably have to only have a 1 week break during some of the rounds this year.
I know that prices have been at this level for ages, so I think a slight increase shouldn't be too bad.

I would probably want 1 credit to cost £7.50, 3 credits to cost £20, something like that.

Any feedback is much appreciated.
zPeti is offline   Reply With Quote