User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:14   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Did PA team really just stop the internet?

I mean really, if 1 million people in canada lose internet right ****ing now, blizzard or whatever their name is would not take down WOW.

I mean come on!!!
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:17   #2
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Did PA team really just stop the internet?

I was really looking forward to cov-opping someone this tick too
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:18   #3
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

But of course in WoW, when you logout or can't get online your character is safe and you lose none of your invested time and effort.

In Planetarion the stakes are a little higher for those who have accessibility problems. If you, Chika, were in a significant portion of the player base for whom connectivity to Jolt was lost, I'm sure your attitude would be entirely different.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:26   #4
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloopy
But of course in WoW, when you logout or can't get online your character is safe and you lose none of your invested time and effort.

In Planetarion the stakes are a little higher for those who have accessibility problems. If you, Chika, were in a significant portion of the player base for whom connectivity to Jolt was lost, I'm sure your attitude would be entirely different.
Actually, I would have chunked it as a loss because I don't expect the internet to stop for me. :shrugs:

Its actually ironic how much of a heart PA team has in certain instances. I didn't know they had any feelings. Hard to tell when they are stone cold when it comes to proper administration of the game.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:29   #5
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Its Canadians, who really care about all 5 of em?

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:44   #6
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

the game is supposed to be worldwide yet it never stops if players from other countries lose net access
another bullshit desicion imo

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:44   #7
deano_bamb
Dean

deano_bamb is an unknown quantity at this point

I planned my lunch for this time at a net centre, now I can't eat 'cos I'm stuck here until it ticks to check my attack

Damn you Canadaaaaaaaaa
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:47   #8
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

I just moved houses, and I demand that planetarion should stop its ticks until i can get the interweb at the new house to work. Im from Norway, we made Planetarion, so we outrank the sexually ambivalent people of Canada!

Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:47   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

And I have to stick up another hour in the evening if I can be arsed to wait for the research to wrap up.

Can't we just blame the French? I was told on GD that it's a plausible thing to do under obscure circumstances.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:50   #10
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Well, the french-Canadians could be blamed.
With their prancing and "oh la la".

Unread 27 Jun 2007, 13:51   #11
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Now that you mention it, this whole "broken router" thing is very similar to when the French blew up the Greenpeace boat.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 14:01   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're never going to make a decision that pleases everyone. I don't mind putting the game on hold for a few hours while those little maple leaf lovin' Canucks get their internets back. Even though I'm eta 8, 9 and 10 from the planets I'm hitting!
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 14:03   #13
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Basher!

Unread 27 Jun 2007, 14:19   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
And I have to stick up another hour in the evening if I can be arsed to wait for the research to wrap up.
WRONG.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 15:01   #15
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Theres a million people in Canada? really?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 16:50   #16
Phantasm
Egotistical Megalomaniac

Phantasm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Theres a million people in Canada? really?
999,999 now. Bigfoot got one of them!
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 18:27   #17
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Im certain that if a major net provider in norway went down pa wouldnt be stopped, another silly decision.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 20:58   #18
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
French blew up the Greenpeace boat.
They only blew it up to get a feeling on how it is to win something.
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 10:32   #19
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

It's stupid to stop the game just because some tinpot ex colony can't keep it's computer's running right. If my ISP ****s up do I get to demand a tick stop till i get connection back? Don't be silly.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 13:45   #20
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
They only blew it up to get a feeling on how it is to win something.
Go back to your history books (if you ever opened any)...
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 20:15   #21
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

My isp got ****ed last night! I lost all my bombers!!!111 I demand my bombers returned.

No, but really I did. It blew. But it happens so I don't get why those wankers should get ticks stopped for them.
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 20:20   #22
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

morons, itwas everywhere around the world, and 1 tick, go kill yourselves
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 20:40   #23
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The internet is a serious business, and Planetarion is the most serious of all. Alki, you're wrong. Countless people suffered greatly because the game skipped a tick, you should not judge so lightly. Also, a friend of mine commited suicide, and I take offense at your post.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2007, 20:53   #24
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

A mate of mine committed genocide cause he had to stay up an entire tick extra

Unread 28 Jun 2007, 21:33   #25
teknik
Antagonist

teknik has a spectacular aura aboutteknik has a spectacular aura about

You can't say the French have never won anything, they won their civil war didn't they?