User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

View Poll Results: What's your opinion on Creators Hour?
Creators ... what? 2 2.67%
I've never bothered to be present for one or read the logs 3 4.00%
I might read the logs if they have interesting things in them. 9 12.00%
I turn up, but they're nothing special 3 4.00%
I think they're ok, but a bit slow. 10 13.33%
I like them and think they're useful to have. 27 36.00%
We should have one each week! 19 25.33%
Other 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 29 Oct 2005, 13:55   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Creators Hour

Having had 2 Creators Hours that have been filled with announcements, questions and answers, I was wondering what the general feeling was about them.
That's right, it's time for another poll .

I'm not a poll addict or anything.
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 14:48   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Creators Hour

Creators Hour ftw
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 17:58   #3
Rick James
Pimp Mack Daddy

Rick James is infamous around these parts

I think it's a useful method of interaction between the creators and the players
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 19:03   #4
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ditto!
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2005, 19:07   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

It is a must
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 01:17   #6
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

I like them and think they're useful to have. A very good method of communication. Though as a PA player from round 1, I'd like to see it renamed to PTH (Planetarion Team Hour) instead of the misleading name of Creators Hour.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 04:37   #7
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
I like them and think they're useful to have. A very good method of communication. Though as a PA player from round 1, I'd like to see it renamed to PTH (Planetarion Team Hour) instead of the misleading name of Creators Hour.

-NitinA
I disagree. I know that Spinner, VIsh, and Phil are no longer part of the PA team. But Appocomaster, Kloopy, and Kal are the creators of the current version of PA. They created the current stats and the game has several new features as well.

Creators Hour is appropriete. I would have an issue if they called it Founders Hour or something.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 08:39   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

...I can feel another poll coming on :P
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 08:52   #9
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Heh. I agree, "Creators Hour" is a fair title for us to use. People already know them as creators hours and we call them that in the team. Not only does it make it easier for people to reference the events but it's a phrase people have good attachements to and so will hopefully be more willing to attend.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 09:18   #10
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Creators Hour is appropriete. I would have an issue if they called it Founders Hour or something.
Quoted for truth
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 12:17   #11
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

Give them a new name!

You're not the "Creators" anymore :P

PA Team Hour ?

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 13:09   #12
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Last I checked PATeam were still creating the game?
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 15:02   #13
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

as i said waaay back when this was an idea it should still be called CH because if nothing else, thats what everyone else will call it anyway, out of habit.
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 21:38   #14
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
as i said waaay back when this was an idea it should still be called CH because if nothing else, thats what everyone else will call it anyway, out of habit.
Habit isn't always the best choice. Some people of different races would be called very different things throughout the world on a regular basis if it was just left up to old habits.

Anyway, I think it's bit of a moot point. I'd prefer to see it change, but wouldn't have a heart attack if it wasn't.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2005, 22:14   #15
Bowen
Here Comes The Pain!!!!!!

Bowen has a little shameless behaviour in the past

hey appocomaster i think you should do another poll on the name of it

Rnd 3 - 6: Legion
Rnd:12 - 14: Rock
Rnd 20 (Part): Rock
Rnd 24: NewDawn (Winners)
Rnd 25: Rock

Sig reduced cos of moaning lil girls

Last edited by Bowen; 30 Oct 2005 at 22:16. Reason: spelling error
Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 02:25   #16
Flying_So-Low
:banana:

Flying_So-Low is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have chosen "I like them and think they're useful to have.", but due to "I turn up, but they're nothing special" being an option I chose other. Since I'm Canadian, when CH is held, I'm usually in class. So I vote for "I don't turn up, but I like them and think they're useful to have." Do I have questions of my own that I would like to ask, probably not. If the timing was changed would I attend, probably not. But I dont read them after they have been posted and get quite alot of useful info from it. Yay.
Flying_So-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 02:54   #17
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA

-NitinA
On a few occasions it was renamed QT (Question Time), but that never seemed to catch on and the community at large still referred to it at CH/Creators Hour
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 03:03   #18
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_So-Low
I would have chosen "I like them and think they're useful to have.", but due to "I turn up, but they're nothing special" being an option I chose other. Since I'm Canadian, when CH is held, I'm usually in class. So I vote for "I don't turn up, but I like them and think they're useful to have." Do I have questions of my own that I would like to ask, probably not. If the timing was changed would I attend, probably not. But I dont read them after they have been posted and get quite alot of useful info from it. Yay.
In the long run is there any difference between attending a CH and reading the log at a later point. Although questions can be submitted at any time during a CH there;s often already a list of questions in the mind of the person asking/controlling the question bot that are difficult to interrupt with clarification questions. I know its not a point directly under discussion but I'd say it would be an argument against relying on a bot and a list of "approved questions" because it is less likely to allow a clarification question to be posed while it is still relevant. By all means have a creators hour, but some obvious method of asking for more detail on a point would be good.

Something that might also be useful is leaving the CH log thread open and having a member of PATeam moderate the thread for a number of hours after a CH replying to all the sensible questions and deleting all the "you're wrong" type posts as these could be made more effectivley in separate threads. This would give people who can't attend the CH a chance to ask their questions and hopefully get an answer and would alleviate the problem of clarifying what has been said.
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 04:28   #19
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

I remember in the olden days we actually did used to have them once a week. Can't remember how long that lasted for.
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 11:38   #20
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2
In the long run is there any difference between attending a CH and reading the log at a later point. Although questions can be submitted at any time during a CH there;s often already a list of questions in the mind of the person asking/controlling the question bot that are difficult to interrupt with clarification questions. I know its not a point directly under discussion but I'd say it would be an argument against relying on a bot and a list of "approved questions" because it is less likely to allow a clarification question to be posed while it is still relevant. By all means have a creators hour, but some obvious method of asking for more detail on a point would be good.
All the questions asked to the bot get echoed to the PA Team channel, where we add ones we feel are relevant At any time we can alter the sequence of questions using a simple .move command, and search for keywords/phrases through the list of questions if we can't remember where one is.*

Quote:
Something that might also be useful is leaving the CH log thread open and having a member of PATeam moderate the thread for a number of hours after a CH replying to all the sensible questions and deleting all the "you're wrong" type posts as these could be made more effectivley in separate threads. This would give people who can't attend the CH a chance to ask their questions and hopefully get an answer and would alleviate the problem of clarifying what has been said.
We always leave the thread open for comments anyway? People are always welcome to ask questions :-)

*If people think they're going to flood the PA Team channel by asking loads of questions, I can move the channel to an empty +snti channel instead. I spent 3 hours coding that bot, it's very flexible :-)
Unread 31 Oct 2005, 13:05   #21
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I want creators hours to go on as it does now. It is helpful for both the alliances and for the players to pick up on the latest of happenings in PA
Unread 1 Nov 2005, 12:10   #22
Squishy
Lost

Squishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond reputeSquishy has a reputation beyond repute

Really who cares what its called it doesnt make a whole lot of difference in the long run.

People can ask questions any time they link on here but during CH its more apparant that the PaTeam are acutally their and willing to take the effort to listen to peoples views.

I think we should have them once a week they should be well advertised with instuctions on how to join and subbmit questions clearly advertised a while in advance so that everyone can join in wether their experiaqnced pa players or brand new players to the game. The latter of which i think that CH would be of most benifit. Most people on IRC and who are regular poster on the board know the pa team and can harrass them any time they need questions answered however these new people have no idea who the game admins are and would often be to scared to message them with questions.

CH is of great benifit to the community

Creators Hour FTW!!
Or what ever you want to call it tbh it makes no difference as long as the pa team are their answering questions
Unread 2 Nov 2005, 11:15   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Who gives a **** what it's called?

I think they're a good idea. I don't really go to them anymore, but get info from other people later when I ask questions. I assume they go and find out, so indirectly, yeah they are useful.