User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 May 2010, 11:38   #51
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

What does Spain have to do with anything. Besides, I would probably have Marcos Senna over Alonso(even though Senna is about 45 years old).
Unread 27 May 2010, 11:45   #52
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
What does Spain have to do with anything. Besides, I would probably have Marcos Senna over Alonso(even though Senna is about 45 years old).
Senna isn't even called up for the Spanish squad ... says enough tbh :-)
And that was a joke, about Spain ... doh.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2010, 17:00   #53
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

ivory coast!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2010, 21:12   #54
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ivory Coast has pretty good potential. Looking at the fixtures there are really few matches I wouldn't care to see - I think the WC will be great fun.

Hoping for Spain - Brazil in the final.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2010, 22:04   #55
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Indeed its been long awaited, pretty much been waiting for it since the start of last season (middlesbrough in the Championship lols) anywho, its gonna be awesome, pub time, a few too many cheeky bets. Bring it on.

I think England have a decent shot. I'll put off placing my bet until I see what comes off the group stages!
Unread 28 May 2010, 06:14   #56
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
I think England have a decent shot. I'll put off placing my bet until I see what comes off the group stages!
lampard - gerrard it will depend to much on them, your defense sucks to much and not sure how fit rooney is. I give England 5 % shot not more.

If Ivory Coast can past the first round they will have a decent shot, like anyone else in that group.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2010, 09:31   #57
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
If Ivory Coast can past the first round they will have a decent shot, like anyone else in that group.
Well, Ivory Coast lost against Algeria in the semi finals of the Africa Cup (if I'm not mistaken). Not really a strong team but ok.

Ivory Coast does have some awesome players but like most African countries, they seem to put less focus on organisation. I believe if, e.g. they draw a team like Germany, that they'll get their asses whooped.

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 May 2010, 12:03   #58
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Netherlands have a great team this year

and then there is Germany ofc
which dont need a great team to do good

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2010, 12:39   #59
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I can't see Germany getting too far without Ballack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
lampard - gerrard it will depend to much on them, your defense sucks to much and not sure how fit rooney is. I give England 5 % shot not more.
We have the best left back in the world in Cole, one of the best CBs in the world in Terry and another world class CB in Ferdinand/Carragher/King (question mark over Ferdinand though, having not played much this season). We lack a world class keeper but Green isn't half bad, and Glen Johnson at right back is kinda susceptible but is very good going forward.

Also Rooney claims to be 100%
Unread 28 May 2010, 12:49   #60
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post

We have the best left back in the world in Cole, one of the best CBs in the world in Terry and another world class CB in Ferdinand/Carragher/King (question mark over Ferdinand though, having not played much this season). We lack a world class keeper but Green isn't half bad, and Glen Johnson at right back is kinda susceptible but is very good going forward.

*cough* Evra (from Manchester Utd) *cough* ...

Cole is amongst the best in the world yes, but I don't think he's THE best though.

You do indeed lack a worldclass keeper. Then again, did you ever had one?

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 May 2010, 12:56   #61
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Cole is the best leftback in the world imo.
Unread 28 May 2010, 13:00   #62
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
*cough* Evra (from Manchester Utd) *cough* ...

Cole is amongst the best in the world yes, but I don't think he's THE best though.

You do indeed lack a worldclass keeper. Then again, did you ever had one?
Cole is better than Evra imo, but yes it's fairly close.

And no, we haven't had a world class keeper in my lifetime, I never said we did...
Unread 28 May 2010, 13:21   #63
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Cole is better than Evra imo, but yes it's fairly close.

And no, we haven't had a world class keeper in my lifetime, I never said we did...
It's a matter of opinion, I prefer Evra over Cole (eventhough like you said, it's close).

It's strange that the top clubs in the PL all have foreign keepers (Reina, Almunia, Van Der Sar, Cech).

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 May 2010, 13:30   #64
_Kila_
break it down!

it's a shame David James can't play for England with any consistency tbh. He's played incredibly well for Pompey at times, being the best keeper in the premiership a couple of season ago, but he just seems to be shit for England.
Unread 28 May 2010, 13:39   #65
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
it's a shame David James can't play for England with any consistency tbh. He's played incredibly well for Pompey at times, being the best keeper in the premiership a couple of season ago, but he just seems to be shit for England.
And Howard? Tbh I don't know much about England goalkeepers. When I hear goalkeeper and England then I can't think of anything else then Seaman (was that his correct name) and his bloopers :-)

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 May 2010, 14:15   #66
_Kila_
break it down!

Howard is from the US
Unread 28 May 2010, 14:16   #67
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:

Ballack is like the most overated german player ever, specially nowadays, there is a reason chelsea didnt give him a new contract yet!
ballack 2002 was great, but thats 8 years ago

dunno why u talk so much, and i mean all of you, about england...

i heard germany vs england in the first round

we all know how that one will end!

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 28 May 2010, 14:39   #68
_Kila_
break it down!

he's your captain and was very important on your route to the final in 08.
Unread 28 May 2010, 14:41   #69
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
he's your captain and was very important on your route to the final in 08.
Ballack this year has been an utter worthless player. Yes, i'm talking about BEFORE he got injured lol. He's nowhere near the player he was in 2008.

FA Gaming community

Unread 28 May 2010, 16:08   #70
M0RPH3US
idle

it´s true

ballacks time is over :<

anyhow germany have trochowski !!!

he will score a few times with free kicks and play a great tournament so Hamburg can sell him for 30 million to mancity

Unread 30 May 2010, 13:38   #71
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Imo, Joe Hart is Englands best keeper atm, and, given time, i don't see why he wont be a world class keeper in the next few years...

I'd start with him in this world cup too, out of the 3, he is most reliable.
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2010, 15:42   #72
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Hmm funny to see just our neighbours (m0 (Germany) and VDM (Belgium) talk about The Netherlands.

Imo they have a solid squad with a exceptional attacking force. I mean:

Attack: Van Persie/Robben/Kuyt/Elia (watch this fellah! He's awesome!)
Midfield: Sneijder/Van Bommel/Van der Vaart/De Jong/Afellay (watch him too! Topclub soon)
Defence: Heitinga/Matthijsen/Gio/Van der Wiel (Least strong part of the team although they are good at keeping nill)
Goalkeeper: Stekelenburg (Steady keeper of Ajax)/Boschker (experienced)

I think they make a good chance reaching at least SF. That is: if we can keep Van Persie & Robben fit.

Other favourites:
* as usual the Germans. Don't underestimate their players: Podolski, Trochowski, Lahm, Özil, Schweinsteiger, Cacau, Müller, Klose, Gomez, etc. are all good to excellent players. Add their standard team spirit and there is a contender for SF as well.
* Ivory Coast: damn strong players. If they can make a team out of it, watch out!
* Argentina: Any team with Messi in it is favourite
* Serbia: strong Balkan mofo's with an excellent technique. Excellent defence, excellent midfield, okay attack.
* Spain: excellent team. Do I need to say more?

Brazil won't make it it is just not good enough. Although Dunga may prove me wrong by making it a real team.
Portugal: CR9 won't do it... again. Almost every big Portugal game he's a failure.

So, last four: The Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Serbia. An all European finish! \o/ (I don't know whether this is even possible with the schedule :P )
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2010, 16:42   #73
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio View Post
Attack: Van Persie/Robben/Kuyt/Elia (watch this fellah! He's awesome!)
RVP and Robben are excellent, but Kuyt is shit.
Your midfield is good but not amazing
Your defence is average-poor

Quote:
Brazil won't make it it is just not good enough. Although Dunga may prove me wrong by making it a real team.
What cave have you been living in? Brazil are easily one of the best teams in the world right now and are favourites right behind spain. They've got a brilliant squad and Dunga has made them more organised and efficient to cut down on the goals conceded.

Quote:
So, last four: The Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Serbia. An all European finish! \o/ (I don't know whether this is even possible with the schedule :P )
This is ridiculous. Sure, Germany usually do well and always work well as a team even if they have no outstanding players, and I can see them beating the likes of Portugal, but France (despite their qualification troubles) have a better squad and I've got a feeling they'll perform better than the Germans. Italy are also better than Germany again. They've got no real stand-out attacking players either but they're very organised and tactical as per usual.

And Serbia... over teams like Argentina, Brazil, Italy, France and England...
Unread 30 May 2010, 21:38   #74
Membrivio

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Kila, I used to predict via purely scientific ways. This time I do it purely ridiculously as it turns out to be like that more often... who expected Greece to be European Champions???

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Unread 31 May 2010, 08:46   #75
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
it´s true

ballacks time is over :<

anyhow germany have trochowski !!!

he will score a few times with free kicks and play a great tournament so Hamburg can sell him for 30 million to mancity
Every club can sell any player to man City for 30m :-)

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 May 2010, 08:51   #76
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
What cave have you been living in? Brazil are easily one of the best teams in the world right now and are favourites right behind spain. They've got a brilliant squad and Dunga has made them more organised and efficient to cut down on the goals conceded.
rofl. Brazil has one of the "weakest" squads they had the past 10 years. I'm not claiming they have a bad team, not at all, but imo they miss the class they had the last 10 years (When they lost the final in France, won the final in Germany).

Brazil are always favourites, if only due to their name and status. Just like Argentina is also amongst the favourites eventhough they got a shit trainer. I'm sure they'll reach quarter finals, I doubt they'll manage to see semi finals.

Atleast, I sure hope they don't.

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 May 2010, 11:21   #77
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
rofl. Brazil has one of the "weakest" squads they had the past 10 years. I'm not claiming they have a bad team, not at all, but imo they miss the class they had the last 10 years (When they lost the final in France, won the final in Germany).
Maybe in terms of indiviual skill, but tournaments aren't generally won on individual talent, but talent as a collective, which brazil have lots of....
Ultores
Unread 31 May 2010, 11:57   #78
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Maybe in terms of indiviual skill, but tournaments aren't generally won on individual talent, but talent as a collective, which brazil have lots of....
In terms of what Brazil is used to, they have a good "team" this time yeah. But compared to some other countries, Brazil still is less a team then others.

And ehm ... Brazil mainly won its final against Germany due to 1 player, which was Ronaldo. Who scored both goals. France won its final against Brazil mainly thanks to Zidane, who also scored 2 goals.

I do think individual talent is very important and makes the difference in important games like these.

But yeah, Brazil is more of a team then e.g. Holland. Allthough that isn't really hard :-)

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 May 2010, 12:23   #79
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
You're telling me that a team which Ronaldinho didn't make it into and where Dani Alves is likely to be on the bench lacks individual talent?
Unread 31 May 2010, 12:58   #80
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
You're telling me that a team which Ronaldinho didn't make it into and where Dani Alves is likely to be on the bench lacks individual talent?
Lol, because Ronaldinho is absolute top right now ...

Did I say they lack individual skills? No, I said they have LESS individual skills then the 3 previous WC's.

Yes they got some top players, like Maicon, Lucio or Daniel Alves.

What about Robinho, who had a crap season? Pato who also wasn't convincing this season? Or perhaps Fabiano who is decent but not like Rooney or Drogba? Or perhaps Diego ... the striker from Juventus which was so hyped last year but appears to fail big time? Or Kaka who had a poor season @ Madrid (eventhough injured for a long while)?

Brazil doesn't have a Ronaldo, Ronaldinho(at his top) or Rivaldo anymore. They don't have a player that makes the absolute difference. And the players they DO HAVE that could make a difference, are completely out of shape (like Kaka or Robinho).

Rgds, Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 May 2010, 14:38   #81
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
And ehm ... Brazil mainly won its final against Germany due to 1 player, which was Ronaldo. Who scored both goals. France won its final against Brazil mainly thanks to Zidane, who also scored 2 goals.

I do think individual talent is very important and makes the difference in important games like these.
I think you are being rather harsh on both France ('98) and Brazil ('02) if you think that the main reason they won is because of those two players....the rest of the team played their part in keeping the opposition at bay and then providing both Ronaldo and Zidane with the chances to score those goals.

Out of interest, who won the CL final? Diego Milito or Inter..? In your opinion.
Ultores
Unread 31 May 2010, 14:46   #82
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
I think you are being rather harsh on both France ('98) and Brazil ('02) if you think that the main reason they won is because of those two players....the rest of the team played their part in keeping the opposition at bay and then providing both Ronaldo and Zidane with the chances to score those goals.

Out of interest, who won the CL final? Diego Milito or Inter..? In your opinion.
I didn't say the rest of the team was bad, but you cannot deny that those 2 players were the absolute stars right?

I mean, Messi scored 4 times against Arsenal. No doubt entire Barcelona was great, but they won the match thanks to Messi.

Inter won the CL final. Milito was good, but any top spits would have scored those goals.

Anyway, it's always a matter of opinion as you simply cannot compare most players with eachother as they're all unique. I haven't been impressed by Brazil in a long long while. They just have too much players who are out of form or who have dissappointed this season.

Think of it, all other contestors, bar Germany do have their absolute worldstar players aye (Argentina - Messi, Spain - Xavi, Iniesta & Villa, England - Rooney, Portugal - Ronaldo).

And no, I do not class Italy, Netherlands or France as contestors to the title

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 May 2010, 14:54   #83
isildurx

but you class Portugal as a contestor? lol
Unread 31 May 2010, 15:00   #84
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
but you class Portugal as a contestor? lol
Yeah I do, more like an outsider (just like Ivory Coast - Drogba). Why? Exactly for the fact that they have a world class player who could make the difference.

And both Ronaldo as Drogba played a good season.

FA Gaming community

Unread 31 May 2010, 15:14   #85
_Kila_
break it down!

you discredit kaka due to his injury plagued season (despite him being a key figure in the Brazil squad throughout qualification) but then go on to say that Ronaldo, who has scored 0 goals during qualification, could make a difference? You really are an idiot
Unread 31 May 2010, 15:23   #86
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
Yeah I do, more like an outsider (just like Ivory Coast - Drogba). Why? Exactly for the fact that they have a world class player who could make the difference.

And both Ronaldo as Drogba played a good season.
Yet you discount Holland, even though they have a probable contender for World player of the Year in Robben....your logic doesn't make sense...
Ultores
Unread 31 May 2010, 15:58   #87
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yet you discount Holland, even though they have a probable contender for World player of the Year in Robben....your logic doesn't make sense...
He's Belgian (like me) so his opinion about holland might be a bit biased...
I don't believe the dutch will win either though, too many ego's (Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie, Van Bommel, Van Der Vaart, ...).

Btw, I wasn't kidding when I said Uruguay for suprise win of the century earlier in the thread btw
Forlan & Suarez as strikers, following Kj's logic then surely they've got to reach semi's

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2010, 16:05   #88
_Kila_
break it down!

Following KJ's logic they've already won the WC and the rest of the teams will just forfeit their games
Unread 31 May 2010, 17:35   #89
Colt
Mercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
I don't believe the dutch will win either though, too many ego's (Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie, Van Bommel, Van Der Vaart, ...).

Btw, I wasn't kidding when I said Uruguay for suprise win of the century earlier in the thread btw
Forlan & Suarez as strikers, following Kj's logic then surely they've got to reach semi's
I can't see holland winning either, i was merely wondering why his logic works one way and not the other
Ultores
Unread 1 Jun 2010, 06:22   #90
Membrivio

Boo on you Colt!

Boo on you VDM!

Boo on you KJ!

We Dutchies are a contestor!!! (If only in our fogged orange minds)

Oh, and ofc Wesley Sneijder was the player who did it for Inter, clearly. Ask José

Unread 1 Jun 2010, 06:32   #91
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Holland's defense simply isn't strong and experienced enough and I'm afraid that the so called 'big four' might be too light physically to do any harm to the really strong countries like Italy, Spain and Brazil. Weak in defense, overrated as an attacking whole, but here's hoping
Unread 1 Jun 2010, 08:01   #92
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We Dutchies are a contestor!!! (If only in our fogged orange minds)
No need to boo on me, i'm just being realistic
Enjoy totally dominating the groupstages though

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 1 Jun 2010, 09:18   #93
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
you discredit kaka due to his injury plagued season (despite him being a key figure in the Brazil squad throughout qualification) but then go on to say that Ronaldo, who has scored 0 goals during qualification, could make a difference? You really are an idiot
Seriously, do you use that gray mass in your head? Are you that utterly retarded to not being able to grasp what I said?

Kaka played a BAD season yes. I'm a fan of Real Madrid, I saw about 90% of their games (internet) this season. Did you? Did you even see 1 match? Did you even see Ronaldo and/or Kaka play this season?

Yes he was injured alot, but before and after that, when he played he was crap. Van Der Vaart often started the match and Kaka only came in 25 minutes before the end of the game. Says enough really.

Ronaldo however scored 27 goals in the competition alone (6 in CL aswell), this for his very first season AND being injured for 2 months.

So yes, any person with half a brain can conclude that Kaka had a poor season and Ronaldo a good one. Anyone but an utter moron like you.

You're such a waste of time, unbelievable.

FA Gaming community

Unread 1 Jun 2010, 09:24   #94
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

Don't act stupid (same to you Colt). My view isn't biassed at all. Holland got probably one of the best squads on paper. They had that aswell in 2008 at the EU champs. But there, again, we saw that they can play awesome games and then the next one being utter and utter crap (remember Russia???).

So yes, I think Holland will play some great games and yes, I do see them play a crap game aswell and if that's a quarter final then they will be eliminated.

Also, don't mock my logic ok. My logic doesn't say Uruguay will win because they got Suarez and Forlan. Where do you even get that shit from?

Look, if you want to mock my opinion or act like little kids (the likes of Kila) thinking you know it all so much better, then fine but I'm not gonna bother with this anymore.

Nothing personal VDJ or Colt.

FA Gaming community

Unread 1 Jun 2010, 09:26   #95
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
No need to boo on me, i'm just being realistic
Enjoy totally dominating the groupstages though

HUP HOLLAND HUP!
If you say it, you're clever. If I say it, my logic is flawed. Go figure ... with morons like Kila ...

FA Gaming community

Unread 1 Jun 2010, 13:12   #96
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
If you say it, you're clever. If I say it, my logic is flawed. Go figure ... with morons like Kila ...
Actually I wasn't mocking your logic, great players can make the difference in games and you can't deny Diego Forlan & Luis Suarez aren't awesome strikers and alot of countries would gladly trade their attacking players for a pair like them...

Unread 1 Jun 2010, 13:35   #97
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Actually I wasn't mocking your logic, great players can make the difference in games and you can't deny Diego Forlan & Luis Suarez aren't awesome strikers and alot of countries would gladly trade their attacking players for a pair like them...
Yes, no doubt those are good players, but the rest of their team isn't of similar quality. Becides, I'd much rather settle for Villa and Torres as striker duo.

And yes you were mocking my logic. You stated that because of my logic, Uruguay should also end high because they got 2 great strikers ... Something which I didn't claim nor will I claim it.

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Jun 2010, 10:46   #98
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Seriously, do you use that gray mass in your head? Are you that utterly retarded to not being able to grasp what I said?

Kaka played a BAD season yes. I'm a fan of Real Madrid, I saw about 90% of their games (internet) this season. Did you? Did you even see 1 match? Did you even see Ronaldo and/or Kaka play this season?

Yes he was injured alot, but before and after that, when he played he was crap. Van Der Vaart often started the match and Kaka only came in 25 minutes before the end of the game. Says enough really.

Ronaldo however scored 27 goals in the competition alone (6 in CL aswell), this for his very first season AND being injured for 2 months.

So yes, any person with half a brain can conclude that Kaka had a poor season and Ronaldo a good one. Anyone but an utter moron like you.

You're such a waste of time, unbelievable.
lol
Unread 2 Jun 2010, 10:50   #99
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
lol
Seriously, what is wrong with what I said? I mean seriously, if you got any other motives then to just troll and insult me on this forum, please do share them ...

Then again, the lack of content in your reply kinda convinces me you got absolutely no clue about football or how well/bad those players played this season. Unlike most other posters here.

FA Gaming community

Unread 2 Jun 2010, 11:02   #100
_Kila_
break it down!

i was just commenting on how amusing your idiocy is.