User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 19 Sep 2017, 15:21   #51
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
Re: Round 74 shipstat suggestions

Included 3rd pod class for ETD - CR.
Unread 19 Sep 2017, 17:07   #52
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veil05 View Post
- Cath is shooting at Zik with ~107% eff
- Cath is shooting at Xan with ~147% eff

I am happy with these ATM.

Mz, anyone else?
Having witnessed and take part of a few "EMP eff discussions" i think i could safely say that average emp eff on 120-125% t1 would be on the very-very-very low side even in at MT set.
Seeing ur proposing it in a ST set, i do wonder whats going on here?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2017, 17:10   #53
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Included 3rd pod class for ETD - CR.
Why?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2017, 18:20   #54
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Why?
After consultation with some stat experts.

Offer an alternate strategy
Bolster ETD
Bring non-attacking anti CR into the game
Unread 19 Sep 2017, 19:02   #55
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
After consultation with some stat experts.

Offer an alternate strategy
Bolster ETD
Bring non-attacking anti CR into the game
"stat experts"

You still didnt answer my question about the EMP eff though.
What did the "stat experts" say about that?

Unread 19 Sep 2017, 19:05   #56
Veil05
NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
"stat experts"

You still didnt answer my question about the EMP eff though.
What did the "stat experts" say about that?
The stat experts was a joke, its just the people in the TG stat channel having inputs.

You on TG? I'd like some steer as TBH, im trying to make Zik more advantageous but fear its at the cost of making Cath unplayable.

Last edited by Veil05; 19 Sep 2017 at 19:12.
Veil05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2017, 19:38   #57
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
The stat experts was a joke, its just the people in the TG stat channel having inputs.

You on TG? I'd like some steer as TBH, im trying to make Zik more advantageous but fear its at the cost of making Cath unplayable.
Well advantageous is one thing, having EMP so far off what it normaly is in a MT set is not the right way to go.

Im sure Mz did a post on whats been average EMP eff in the past, i couldnt find it though but i found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
Also agree that some of the EMP efficiencies are a bit high - 180% is only generally seen when you only have a T1 for the ship (or if you're hitting a SK, when I'd expect 300%+), for T1/T2 you should be a closer to 150-165 for T1 and 100 for T2 - modifying up and down depending on the race.
Wich basicly meant that 180% average EMP eff is what you could see in ST sets.
Wich means if zik was EMPed at 140-150%, Ter at 150-170% and Xan at 180-200% it would be more closer to what could be seen as normal effs in this case.

Unread 19 Sep 2017, 19:50   #58
Veil05
NE

Quote:
Wich basicly meant that 180% average EMP eff is what you could see in ST sets.
Wich means if zik was EMPed at 140-150%, Ter at 150-170% and Xan at 180-200% it would be more closer to what could be seen as normal effs in this case.
I made the changes in line with the above. It now ranges from 150 to 190..

Thank you for highlighting that.
Unread 19 Sep 2017, 19:58   #59
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Mz, anyone else?
I might take a slightly more in-depth look tomorrow, but no promises.

Quote:
Im sure Mz did a post on whats been average EMP eff in the past, i couldnt find it though
I did one on Xan effs, maybe that's what you're remembering. For a mostly single target set, 160% T1 is a rough guideline. I haven't done a proper single target set in ages, but I expect it should be a little higher for that? 170%?

[edit] I didn't read the rest of your post. The exact effs are obviously dependent on a lot of other factors, but it looks like we roughly agree.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2017, 09:04   #60
Veil05
NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I might take a slightly more in-depth look tomorrow, but no promises.
Appreciated.

I have also bumped ETD CO (Vindicator) to shoot before Xan FI now.

[edit] Increased Shadow to init 6 - shooting post Zik BS

Last edited by Veil05; 20 Sep 2017 at 09:13.
Unread 20 Sep 2017, 12:28   #61
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Alezzar is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I like this one, pretty balanced.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Alezzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2017, 12:59   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Alright, here it is. I've only looked at solo fleets. Teamups are for other people to worry about.

Ter De looks bad. Most fleets roid it, and it's the worst offensive fleet in the game.

Ter Bs looks on the strong side: it's solid offensively and strong defensively.

All Cat fleets look middle-of-the-road. However, my scoring is slightly distorted by the fact that they're vulnerable to everything that's out there and roids almost everything that's out there in return. Because in reality, defense is more important than attack, I wouldn't mind seeing some small buffs here and there. Cat has the option of getting dual attack fleets with Co and Fr, and going strictly by the numbers, that is slightly better than going either pure Co or pure Fr. However, since EMP fakes are not very scary, I probably wouldn't recommend it.

Despite Kaiba's fear of Xan ruling supreme, my calculations put both of their fleets at the bottom. They roid very little (only the De fleets roid less), and are vulnerable to a sizable chunk of fleets (only Ter De and Cat are worse). Note that I have not taken into account the fact that Cloak allows far better faking than other races have. Still, I would like to see some buffs here.

One thing I really like about Xan Fi is it has the option to guard against either Ter Bs with the Shadow or against Zik Bs with the Nightmare. That's a self-balancing mechanism: if Ter Bs becomes too strong, players will choose to build Shadows to hold them down, and vice versa.

Zik Fi looks weakish. Both offensively and defensively it's a bit below average.

Zik Bs looks really strong. Whereas Ter Bs is merely strong offensively, Zik Bs is positively overpowered: it roids everything except Xans with Nightmares. It's also immune to as many fleets as Ter Bs is. Zik can also go Fi/Bs, and that fleet roids everything including Xan Fi, though in return is vulnerable to Cat Fr (due to the Viper being able to cover the smaller Bs fleet), which pure Bs isn't.

Etd has a ton of options. There's the 3 pure fleets, but Co/Cr and De/Cr are also viable. Pure De looks bad. It's in the same boat as Ter De is: somewhat weak defensively and very weak offensively.

Etd Cr and De/Cr both look solid, largely thanks to the influence of Cr. Not too strong, not too weak. If all fleets looked like this, I'd be a happy man.

Etd Co is stronger than both De and Cr, and Co/Cr is stronger still. They're not as strong defensively as the Bs fleets, but roid just as well.

I'd say all the complaining about Zik has led you to overcompensate significantly, especially in the Bs department. Look into turning some (though definitely not all) of those buffs back. I'm not too worried about Zik Fi. It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I don't think it has to be.

Both De fleets are weak and I think that's one of the main issues with these stats. I'd look into nerfing some of the stronger fleets by making them vulnerable to De. Etd Co and the Bs fleets come to mind. It's unfortunate Bs doesn't fire at De, that would be a great way to kill two birds with one stone. Now you'll have to go through 2 steps: make De stronger by making it better against some middle of the road fleet like Cat or Etd Cr, and then compensate for that nerf to Cr by making it better against Bs. Annoying, but what can you do.

As for Xan, they're the weakest race of all, and my first suspect is the load of un-Xanlike inits that I'm seeing. Since Fi fires at Co and Fr fires at Bs, both of which are strong, I'd look into improving both fleets offensively. You could help them defensively instead, but I wouldn't really know how to without hurting fleets that are not currently overpowered. Xan's strength has always been attack more than defense, anyway, so that seems to me the best place to improve them.

Cat's minor weakness can probably be fixed with effs alone. Tweaking it so they're immune to just a couple of fleets would probably do the trick.

All in all, I don't think these are quite ready for prime time. I don't doubt they can be fixed, but it'll take a significant amount of work.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 20 Sep 2017, 19:57   #63
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
<skip>
A lot of xans fall from grace is the plethora of ott changes he made in the last 24 hrs. All of which missed the point. It was never that Xan was too strong, it was that Zik at the time had no point in existing. The changes have over ramped Zik bs to a silly point and almost killed Xan with horrible int changes. I said to you ages ago that Zik Fi was always going to be an issue and the teamup was never going to work and the lack of cr unbalanced the set. Bolting Cr onto etd doesn't solve anything and your Zik changes are frankly ridiculous. This set is not playable or anywhere near it.

I heard 2 other sets had been offered. Can we look at those now and let Veil iron out the crevices during rd74 please
Unread 20 Sep 2017, 21:41   #64
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

finish your stats kaiba they look decent
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 07:47   #65
Veil05
NE

Quote:
I heard 2 other sets had been offered. Can we look at those now and let Veil iron out the crevices during rd74 please
Agree on this.

Don't really have anymore time to commit to updating these and probably need to go back to basics on init/targeting.

Alas, a fun first attempt.
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 08:04   #66
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Agree on this.

Don't really have anymore time to commit to updating these and probably need to go back to basics on init/targeting.

Alas, a fun first attempt.
It's not a bad set, I personally think your idea was doomed because of the way the team set up. Maybe relook at which race teams with which, ie. Which compliment each other and then go from there?

Zik is a pain to calibrate imo, stealers are a pain cos of the late int.
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 08:07   #67
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
finish your stats kaiba they look decent
I will if Jintao says to. I wanna see the other set first. Maybe it's amazing?

It will only take an hour or so to fill mine in if required. Though I do have this 'etd' set laying around if people want fun after the dross of rd 73 and a few people have got over themselves about stealing pods
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 11:11   #68
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

The options as we have them right now are:
  • Veil : ST set which uses alot of same init fire
  • Sjor : ST set which uses the 0 loss defence alot
  • Kaiba : ST set with overall solid targetting
  • Xerxes : Reworked MT set based on MZ's famous and often reused set

Last edited by Jintao; 21 Sep 2017 at 11:33.
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 11:24   #69
Alezzar
Bibliophile

My vote goes for Kaiba, since we were talking about having a ST round.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 12:26   #70
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
[if] a few people have got over themselves about stealing pods
By phrasing my (our) arguments as "dey jus' mad yo", you're not exactly putting me in the mood for compromise.

If you want to get shit done, try building bridges instead of burning them.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 21 Sep 2017 at 14:07.
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 13:15   #71
Alezzar
Bibliophile

I'm absolutely fine with stealing pods if that counts for something
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 14:23   #72
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
By phrasing my (our) arguments as "dey jus' mad yo", you're not exactly putting me in the mood for compromise.

If you want to get shit done, try building bridges instead of burning them.
I don't require you to compromise, I just require enough people to talk over you.

The set is there to be used. The piss whinging of the 3 of you made Jintao pull that awful set out for this round and look what happened. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. 700+ people play this game, not just a few elites stuck in the past with agendas.

I think we should play the etd set personally, it can get no worse than what we just had and it will at least create some fun and drama, which was obviously lacking the last 7 weeks.

As for my solid set, it was basically just a chuck together to show Veil what the fleet builds on his set should have been, but if the public demand irs use then I'll finish it. So I'll wait to see what people say
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 14:36   #73
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
I don't require you to compromise, I just require enough people to talk over you.

The set is there to be used. The piss whinging of the 3 of you made Jintao pull that awful set out for this round and look what happened. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. 700+ people play this game, not just a few elites stuck in the past with agendas.

I think we should play the etd set personally, it can get no worse than what we just had and it will at least create some fun and drama, which was obviously lacking the last 7 weeks.

As for my solid set, it was basically just a chuck together to show Veil what the fleet builds on his set should have been, but if the public demand irs use then I'll finish it. So I'll wait to see what people say
The set thats was used, was perfect for this round.
Going with a ST or offensive set would be silly when the amount of 100+ incs days is so common, even for tags outside the top5

Unread 21 Sep 2017, 14:43   #74
Alezzar
Bibliophile

@BloodyButcher: The stats this round were absolutely horrendous. We should've just used kai's proposed set rather than that... I wouldn't even call it a set of stats, there are so much unbalanced and illogical things around it I don't even know where to start. How it was even approved is just beyond me.

@kaiba: Tbh, I liked your set from last round with the random stats but seeing so many people disagree with it, maybe finish the one you posted on this thread? It seemed good for me, well shaped and balanced.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 14:52   #75
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Its perhaps one of the top5 best sets runned the last 30 rounds.
and it would be nice if u explained why _YOU_ think it was so bad.

Unread 21 Sep 2017, 15:21   #76
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Talking Re: Round 74 shipstat suggestions

Quote:
Rd 73 stats yes?
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 15:51   #77
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
fix stealing and re-run r14 stats
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 16:32   #78
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:

Your characterization of genuine disagreement as 'piss whinging' and 'agendas' is disgraceful and I'm not going to engage you on that level. If that's what you needed to 'win', then congratulations.
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 22:01   #79
Veil05
NE

Thank you all for the inputs, managed to get down for a few hours.

Not sure I can fix all the holes but I've attempted to plug some.

(big thanks to DragonKing who suggested some of these key changes)

Potential to be roided (based soly on init):
Terran 8
Cathaar 1
Xan 9
Zik 8
ETD 8

Potential to land:
Terran DE 3
Terran BS 2
Cathaar CO 5
Cathaar FR 4
Xan FI 2
Xan FR 3
Zik FI 3
Zik BS 3
ETD CO 2
ETD DE 2
ETD CR 4

Heres a list of changes made:
ETD Priest -1 (init) Terran DE now roids ETD
Zik Pirate -1 (init) Zik BS now roids Xan
Xan Nightmare 1 (init) Zik BS now roids Xan
ETD Guardian 1 (init) ETD DE can no longer roid Xan
Xan Ghost 1 (init) Xan FR now roids ETD
Zik Cutlass -5 (armour) Cutlass A/C reduced to 500 from 666
Ter Harpy -4 (init) ETD CO can no longer roid Ter
ETD Tycoon -1 (init) ETD CR can now raid ETD

[edit]
Reduced:
Moth - 55 to 45 (743 to 608)
Viper - 63 to 55 (652 to 578)
Flea - 22 to 19 (628 to 542)

[edit]
Rogue targets BS - normal - init 7
Buccaneer targets CO

Thoughts:
http://speedgame.planetarion.com/man...n=346686536949

Last edited by Veil05; 22 Sep 2017 at 05:22.
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 22:16   #80
Papadoc

Papadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the roughPapadoc is a jewel in the rough

Out of the current options rerunning the Xerxes Mz set is the best option for the state of the game. ( I know Mz is on the record against this set) I'll back another set if someone makes one that's offensive.

In my opinion, we don't need balanced stats. We need offensive stats. We have already added alliance fleet to make it easier for players to defend. Having defensive stats combined with the new quest system encourages alliances to join huge pre-round blocks to make sure they aren't dirtnapped.

I don't think this set is hyper offensive but, It's more offensive than the others. Though I think we all pretty much have it dialed in on what stops what.

A 1v1 alliance war shouldn't be a stalemate. The game already heavily favors the defending fleet. The stats shouldn't peg the needle even more that way if we aren't going to do something that encourages more combat.

Xan also shouldn't be nerfed into the ground because Kaiba hates them and is the most vocal forum poster and IRC user.
Unread 21 Sep 2017, 23:07   #81
Dorf

Dorf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

At a first look Cath co looks quite hard to stop at Ally ETA. Especially the Cath/ETD Co teamup is hard to stop.
Dorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2017, 07:34   #82
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc View Post
Out of the current options rerunning the Xerxes Mz set is the best option for the state of the game. ( I know Mz is on the record against this set) I'll back another set if someone makes one that's offensive.
I'm not sure if by 'this set' you're referring to 'my' r50 stats or Veil's r74 stats. If the former: I've refrained from commenting on whether my set should or should not be used for next round. If the latter: I'm against using Veil's stats as they stood a couple of days ago, but they can be fixed and if they are, I'm not going to be a--how do kids say it these days--'be a h8r'. I haven't looked at the changes he's made last night, so I don't know if we've reached that stage yet.

I don't think you're trying to twist my words or anything, just clarifying my stance.
Unread 22 Sep 2017, 08:12   #83
Veil05
NE

Quote:
I'm not sure if by 'this set' you're referring to 'my' r50 stats or Veil's r74 stats. If the former: I've refrained from commenting on whether my set should or should not be used for next round. If the latter: I'm against using Veil's stats as they stood a couple of days ago, but they can be fixed and if they are, I'm not going to be a--how do kids say it these days--'be a h8r'. I haven't looked at the changes he's made last night, so I don't know if we've reached that stage yet.

I don't think you're trying to twist my words or anything, just clarifying my stance.
He's referring to your stats (98.75% guaranteed).
Unread 22 Sep 2017, 11:34   #84
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc View Post
This set really isn't offensive. I think it's a horrible change to mzs set (which was really fun but overused now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc
In my opinion, we don't need balanced stats. We need offensive stats. We have already added alliance fleet to make it easier for players to defend. Having defensive stats combined with the new quest system encourages alliances to join huge pre-round blocks to make sure they aren't dirtnapped.
Half agree here. The more offensive a set then in theory the more open the playing field should be. But in reality it actually creates a bigger gap between those who can and those who can't. That is why balanced stats are needed because it does truly level the playing field more. It's very much a catch 22 I feel, but really t2 and t3 should no longer be used they make the game way too defensive and that is really not wise.

Quote:
I don't think this set is hyper offensive but, It's more offensive than the others. Though I think we all pretty much have it dialed in on what stops what.

A 1v1 alliance war shouldn't be a stalemate. The game already heavily favors the defending fleet. The stats shouldn't peg the needle even more that way if we aren't going to do something that encourages more combat.
Combat doesn't take place because rarely does anyone win from it. The game itself is flawed into making 90% of fleet interactions unbeneficial to both sides. I have no idea how to fix it but whilst combat is punished there won't be a change. Land clean or say goodbye to any ranking aspirations you had.

Quote:
Xan also shouldn't be nerfed into the ground because Kaiba hates them and is the most vocal forum poster and IRC user.
Couple of things here.

A) I don't hate Xan, I think it's my most played race.

B) it's cloak that I think is overpowered. It gives too much of an advantage in a game that is played in fine margins. When defence is reactive and attacking isn't giving a ship the ability to make itself appear 3 times and requiring someone to research a whole tech tree to work out which is the one that needs defending AND divert vast amounts of constructions into Amplifiers to POSSIBLY find out is ridiculous. We're quite happy to nerf stealing caps and emp effs but cloak is untouchable for some reason.

C) I don't have iRC. I haven't had the program for years.
Unread 24 Sep 2017, 08:29   #85
Alezzar
Bibliophile

So, any news on what direction we are going?
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 24 Sep 2017, 09:40   #86
Veil05
NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alezzar View Post
So, any news on what direction we are going?
Jin is writing up gap analysis for all 4 proposed sets.

He has provided some high level feedback to me, so assuming others are going through the same deal.
Unread 24 Sep 2017, 10:23   #87
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Red face Re: Round 74 shipstat suggestions

Quote:
Jin is writing up gap analysis for all 4 proposed sets.

He has provided some high level feedback to me, so assuming others are going through the same deal.
I just got a message saying 'perfect'
Unread 24 Sep 2017, 10:55   #88
Alezzar
Bibliophile

That's good to hear.

Hopefully, we can get a set of stats approved sooner rather than later.
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 24 Sep 2017, 11:33   #89
Veil05
NE

Quote:
I just got a message saying 'perfect'
I have AC/DC feedback, guess you don't have any, you know, on account that you haven't done that yet.

*mic drop*
Unread 24 Sep 2017, 17:27   #90
ChroNOS

ChroNOS has a spectacular aura aboutChroNOS has a spectacular aura about

Personally I prefer Veil's set(speed game), but I think some things still need to be worked on. I don't pretend to know the solution but things I believe are too weak or strong:

-Cath Co both emp Init 1. It reduces the potential of Cath Fr who has an init of 2 against Co.
-I think cutlass Init should be same as the Pegasus.
-Class with fi pods(xan specifically) gets emped by cath co and also gets pre-fired by pegasus and vindi. Same deal with Zik but only with the vindi, not peg. Useless.

A few more things I'm sure as I've just started looking at this set. But the 3 glaring problem I see atm from my perspective.

CpV, Xanadu, FAnG, Faceless, Ultores

Last edited by ChroNOS; 24 Sep 2017 at 17:59.
ChroNOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2017, 06:41   #91
Alezzar
Bibliophile

I just opened the stats to check them out again and I noticed one thing - Xan has no anti-CR? Is that meant to be this way or?
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 25 Sep 2017, 08:32   #92
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alezzar View Post
I just opened the stats to check them out again and I noticed one thing - Xan has no anti-CR? Is that meant to be this way or?
Assuming you're talking about Veil's stats: Wraith.
Unread 25 Sep 2017, 08:44   #93
Alezzar
Bibliophile

Yeah, I was talking about Veil's set. Weird, I was still sleepy, yet I swear there was no anti-CR. Probably some old cached page. Thanks though
r24-r26 Vengeance
r27-r29 - Ascendancy
r30 - r35 - New Dawn
r36 -r37 - Euphoria
r43 - r46 - New Dawn
r47 - r51 - Ultores
r67 - - New Dawn
Unread 25 Sep 2017, 09:09   #94
ChroNOS

To continue what I was saying

Think Cutlass Init should be moved to 5.
Vindi init to 8
Corsairs init to 7
Slight E/R boost to phantom
Flea init to 2

Would make FI more viable, and I see no problem fi firing before Co considering the value beetles get and that they will emp first before a shot is fired. Vindicator has stealth and has good effiency against Xan and Zik fi, while their fi isn't that great. De isn't particularly good compared to other, so moving cutlass init to 5 will help DE while not wot weakening Fi against Co(it's main problem in this set).

Unread 25 Sep 2017, 09:23   #95
Dorf

Dorf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChroNOS View Post
-Cath Co both emp Init 1. It reduces the potential of Cath Fr who has an init of 2 against Co.
I wonder why no one else is mentioning that problem. Corvettes are so damn strong with both at ini1. Furthermore there is no non emp ship that prefires co. Harpy armor, emp res and damage are awful and lancer are mediocre at best. Plus there is no xan fi fake potential vs Co.

Maybe make flea init 2 and moth init 1 and reduce ghost init to 5...
Dorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2017, 16:43   #96
ChroNOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorf View Post
I wonder why no one else is mentioning that problem. Corvettes are so damn strong with both at ini1. Furthermore there is no non emp ship that prefires co. Harpy armor, emp res and damage are awful and lancer are mediocre at best. Plus there is no xan fi fake potential vs Co.

Maybe make flea init 2 and moth init 1 and reduce ghost init to 5...
I think Ghost are grossly overpowered. Emp efficency against it doesn't even reach 100%. Their E/R need to be toned down.

Unread 25 Sep 2017, 17:59   #97
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChroNOS View Post
I think Ghost are grossly overpowered. Emp efficency against it doesn't even reach 100%. Their E/R need to be toned down.
Maybe you shouldn't worry about emp res at this early stage when he is still swapping targeting 3-4 times a day.

Make sure the combat lines up first. Is anything overly OP before you look right of int. Can you find a decent fleet build for each race?

Do this stuff first
Unread 26 Sep 2017, 02:57   #98
ChroNOS

Quote:
Maybe you shouldn't worry about emp res at this early stage when he is still swapping targeting 3-4 times a day.

Make sure the combat lines up first. Is anything overly OP before you look right of int. Can you find a decent fleet build for each race?

Do this stuff first
I gave mostly combat advice, I don't see why it should stop me from mentioning obvious efficiency flaws, especially when some ships get emp'ed at more than 180% value and other not even at 100%. Feel free to give your own feedback.

I never pretended to be addressing all the issues here.

Unread 26 Sep 2017, 14:19   #99
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

all I want is good stats, go make them interesting please
Unread 26 Sep 2017, 17:14   #100
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
all I want is good stats, go make them interesting please
We tried that, patrikc almost drowned in his own tears....