User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Jan 2008, 20:41   #1
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
They didn't study!

Happy New Year! I'm trying to recover from the worst NYE ever and found this pretty funny.

Quote:
El Nino is spanish. It is the spanish word for child. Like all things spanish, it is dangerous. It kills people and burns down trees. This child is more than a child. It really isn't a child at al. It is a storm. A deadly storm that kills people and burns down trees.
Needless to say, I hope you're well? See you next year!
xxx

Last edited by Boogster; 2 Jan 2008 at 15:06.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2008, 21:02   #2
Kenny

Re: They didn't study!

I've seen them before on ol' t'internet, but they're still funny as hell.
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 02:35   #3
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

not seen b4. fnd fny.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 10:26   #4
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

i loved the slept with his wife one.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 19:29   #5
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I found the last one hilarious

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 19:54   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
i loved the slept with his wife one.
I don't know/care enough to work out why (the engineer in the question)'s suggestion was stupid but even assuming it was outrageously so, it seems odd he'd get fired for it? No written warning? No offer of training and further support or coaching? Aren't their unions in question world? Employment tribunals?

The "slept with his bosses wife" answer seems a lot more likely than one stupid suggestion.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 20:15   #7
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't know/care enough to work out why (the engineer in the question)'s suggestion was stupid but even assuming it was outrageously so, it seems odd he'd get fired for it? No written warning? No offer of training and further support or coaching? Aren't their unions in question world? Employment tribunals?

The "slept with his bosses wife" answer seems a lot more likely than one stupid suggestion.
not if it resulted in or would have resulted in injury to innocent others ...
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 23:56   #8
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In my world, the powers that be recently decided they were going to make our office a better place and that they needed to get rid of new employees who weren't believed to be the stuff that DA's are made of.

Four young attorneys were cast adrift as a result. They were never told what they were doing wrong or given an opportunity to correct any perceived shortcomings. One of those let go was, in my personal opinion, going to make a tremendous trial attorney. The powers that be disregarded my opinion.

The powers that be are THE DA and his assistant. Between them they have probably done 30 rather minor trials. I have done nearly a hundred complex murder trials and another hundred or so lesser trials. Clearly their judgement on what it takes to make a trial lawyer is superior to mine.

I also informed said powers that I thought they were making a mistake in the way they handled this matter and that they should begin their program only after giving people their insights on their shortcomings with a chance to correct them.

As a result, after 28 years, I was removed from the supervisorial position which I held and moved to a backwater of the office to while away my last year of employment where I can be ignored.
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 00:13   #9
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

That could be an opportunity to test their resolve. Can they continue to ignore you if turn up the volume, so to speak? It's not like they've given you a whole let left to lose anyway. (Assuming of course that by 'backwater' you mean you are being assigned menial work beneath your ability.)
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 00:25   #10
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I aim to be a little crazy and very insouciant in my old age. And didn't you say they can't fire you before you retire, DDA? I suggest you become constructively belligerent at work. You know it makes sense. What have you got to lose?
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 13:20   #11
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Happy New Year! I'm trying to recover from the worst NYE ever
That's a big claim. A lot of people were really, really pissed off when Christ didn't come bakc in 2000. They were even more pissed off when he didn't come back in 2001!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2008, 19:31   #12
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
I aim to be a little crazy and very insouciant in my old age. And didn't you say they can't fire you before you retire, DDA? I suggest you become constructively belligerent at work. You know it makes sense. What have you got to lose?
I was responding to Dante's post about things being crazy in the hypo world. I was just saying that things are just as strange in the real world.

What I didn't explain is that while management thought they were putting me in my place and setting an example for any who might disagree with them in the future, in fact they did me a favor. At this point in my career finding a soft berth such as what I am now doning is a god send. I now have the time to post on GD on a more regular fashion. If they had really wanted to punish me they would have returned me to the homicide unit where I would have had a lot more stress on me as the cases actually involve real people as victims. What I do now is enforce petty ordinances which arise from people doing annoying things or cheating the system in some small way. In other words cases about which very few people give a shit.

I have also noticed that a goodly portion of the cases are more than a year old which suggests that I may be able to merely postpone most of my work until after I retire and some poor s. o. b. has to clean it all up. At any rate the stress level is minimal. Hurrah!