User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Nov 2003, 21:55   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Which decade ...

... was best for films (you have to justify your answer too).

Obviously there have been some great films in each decade but im wondering which decade was best overall (ie if you could only watch films from one decade for the rest of your life what decade would you choose).

I'm thinking it might be the 70's.

Apocalypse Now, Alien, Dirty Harry, Jaws, Star Wars (i dont like it but plenty of other people do), and many, many more that i cant remember off hand.

The 80's, 90's and to an extent this decade have generally pissed me off as it is usually American junk with lots of action and ZERO logic (ie double barrelled shotguns that fire 7 times without reloading type of things).

Anyways ...
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 21:56   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Which decade ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
(ie double barrelled shotguns that fire 7 times without reloading type of things).
Spas-12?
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 22:00   #3
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Spas-12?

If thats a type of shotgun then no.

I'm talking about in say a Steven Segal film where he has a shotgun that you open up to fit 2 cartridges in (one in each barrel) and then he fires it 7 (the number was a large one chosen at random) times.

Totally unbelievable etc.
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 22:04   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

the 90s
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 22:08   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

The '90s definitely. Films like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Usual Suspects, Shawshank Redemption, are better than films from any other decade.
There were some great action movies, The Rock, Face Off, Die Hard 3, as well as great comedies, Dumb and Dumber, American Pie, Cable Guy. And many other good films too of course. Even the British made a few good films like Trainspotting and Lock Stock.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 22:24   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
the 90s

You have to justify your answer.

Saying that tho a certain film was from the 90's.

Still i think it's a tough one.

You'd have to watch a whole load of shit to get to the good films in the 90's.

Is it really worth it?
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 22:25   #7
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
You have to justify your answer.
What chubbychecker said plus more
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 22:29   #8
Ragnarak

Battle Royale - 2001
Donnie Darko - 2001
Pulp Fiction - 1994
The Usual Suspects - 1995
Fight Club - 1999
Memento - 2000
The Shawshank Redemption - 1994
Leon - 1994
American Beauty - 1999
Resevoir Dogs - 1992

They are my favourite films
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 23:02   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

90s because of what ChubbyChecker said basically.

p.s. ANY film pre-1970 is shit by default, as is ANY western or ANY japanese film.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 23:03   #10
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
ANY japanese film.
lies
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 23:13   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
90s because of what ChubbyChecker said basically.

p.s. ANY film pre-1970 is shit by default, as is ANY western or ANY japanese film.
Worst opinion ever.

ps.

Dace, there was a lot of shit in the 70's too, we just don't see it.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 00:00   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like more 90's films than any other decade, but that's merely exposure to them.

The 70's had Annie Hall tho.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 11:37   #13
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
The '90s definitely. Films like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Usual Suspects, Shawshank Redemption, are better than films from any other decade.
There were some great action movies, The Rock, Face Off, Die Hard 3, as well as great comedies, Dumb and Dumber, American Pie, Cable Guy. And many other good films too of course. Even the British made a few good films like Trainspotting and Lock Stock.
same... but like... i dont QUITE agree with the ones in bold.

and id probably add the matrix =D

and the lion king and alladdin!

\o/
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 11:42   #14
I'm Idler

I'm jumping on the 70's..

Rosemary's Baby, the Excorsist.. and above mentioned
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 11:48   #15
I'm Idler

although... the 2nd millenium has had a kinda great start, with LOTR and all
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 11:54   #16
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Sigh.
you're just a mean old man without a mommy
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 12:39   #17
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

The 1970s had a pack of directing (coppola, scorcese, spielberg, altman...) and acting (the 'method men') talents appear and make films which pretty much set the benchmark in every area for everything since.

also, the pythons made their best films in the 70s
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 13:11   #18
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The 50's when the monsters where scary and all the hero had to do to get the girl was help her up when she tripped over while being chased

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 14:22   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the '80s yet. I mean, where would we be without such classics as Back to the Future, Breakfast Club and Lost Boys? Up the creak without a paddle, that's where!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 16:22   #20
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There have been more films made in the 90's.
So there are more 'good' films.
Percentage-wise it's probably quite poor...
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote