User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:23   #1
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
New Muse album...

It utterly utterly utterly ROCKS meh lil arse off!

Got an advance copy,was so dileriously happy I think I might have promised my soul or marrige to the sales girl in order to get it...

Once again Matt Bellamy and co show themselves to be one of the only good and interesting bands around at the moment.

Get it at once!

Go!

NOW!

I MEAN IT!

(well when its released I mean ofc,or just promise sexual favours to the sales staff of your local music shop)
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:27   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I think Matt Belamy is the only bloke that might be allowed to touch my testicles for a little while in any way he feels the need to.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:42   #3
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
I think Matt Belamy is the only bloke that might be allowed to touch my testicles for a little while in any way he feels the need to.
Yes,he IS the MAN
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 18:38   #4

guest is an unknown quantity at this point
Are Muse also good live?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 18:53   #5
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by guest
Are Muse also good live?
Yes

I'm seeing them for the 4th time in October, and I can't wait.

also, I've had the advance since August 8th, it was leaked quite early

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:44   #6
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

/me plans his "molest Matt Bellamy" schedule while perusing the gig guide.

So...anyone else enjoy the album or do most ppl here dislike an intellengent guitar band?
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:45   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The 2nd half is better than the 1st, although Sing for Absolution and Falling Away with You aren't done any favours by my speakers.

It's more coherent an album than OoS, and has better songs than Showbiz.

See rank.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 01:05   #8
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

I read the lyrics to "THOUGHTS OF A DYING ATHEIST" before I heard the song itself and I thought it'd be a deep enough song.
Boy was I supprised by the happy-go-lucky tempo and sound of the song :P

Clearly Time Is Running Out is a fantastic song,Endlessy I love for some reason that illudes me.
I just do,maybe its that backwards sample that acts like percussion.

Hysteria rocks

Ther rest just are teh general rock,for the moment,until I get sick of the current batch Im listening to.
Then they'll get their chance to be played into the ground.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 08:07   #9
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by IncubusGod
/me plans his "molest Matt Bellamy" schedule while perusing the gig guide.

So...anyone else enjoy the album or do most ppl here dislike an intellengent guitar band?
don't try to be elitist.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 10:15   #10
Costa
Banned

Costa is an unknown quantity at this point
whole album is good, got it yesterday.

Grimble APS Retail going up tonight k?
Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:01   #11
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
Muse??

Are they the new Linking park that all the kids listen to nowadays?
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:02   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:05   #13
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
I'm getting sick to death of it, but sadly it seems Mark isnt

The only way I can see round it is to go back to him sitting with his headphones on and me sitting with mine, which makes me wonder why we are bothering to live together in the first place.

Or to kill Mark. :eek:
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:07   #14
plasmas_arms
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebany

which makes me wonder why we are bothering to live together in the first place.

The sex, the companionship and your terrible fear of dying old and alone?
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 15:23   #15
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

take his money and run.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 17:37   #16
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'm getting sick to death of it, but sadly it seems Mark isnt

The only way I can see round it is to go back to him sitting with his headphones on and me sitting with mine, which makes me wonder why we are bothering to live together in the first place.

who is this mark?
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 17:46   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by seventh
who is this mark?
Yo
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 02:04   #18
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Killing solves nothing Ebany,just tie him up,dig a large hole in the basement,place him in it and occassionaly demand he puts lotion on (and not play the Muse album ofc)...oh and get a poodle.

Either that or...go back in time and kill Matt Bellamy before he gets to form the band!

I think either are a level headed and feasable solution.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 10:52   #19
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by IncubusGod
Killing solves nothing Ebany,just tie him up,dig a large hole in the basement,place him in it and occassionaly demand he puts lotion on (and not play the Muse album ofc)...oh and get a poodle.

Either that or...go back in time and kill Matt Bellamy before he gets to form the band!

I think either are a level headed and feasable solution.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (To killing Matt Bellamy)

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 12:54   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It sounds a LOT better on good speakers.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 13:06   #21
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Which bands from the last 25 years do they rip off best ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 14:08   #22
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio

Vaio

Duran Duran

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 14:10   #23
plasmas_arms
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio

Vaio
They are an eclectic mix of Radiohead and The Beegee's with a small dash of Metallica thrown in.
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 14:49   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

You mean 'There's a singer with high vocals and there are guitars'?
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 21:10   #25
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

To be honest I've not seen a band with this mix of infulences (classical,rock,eastern scales,certain combinations of modes I've not seen in main stream music etc) before so clearly they aint ripping anyone off.

Viao,**** off back to listening to Westlife or whatever

My god,I agree with MrL_JaKiri it seems...

/me raises an eyebrow

Oh wait,he's not 'establishment' anymore,thats fine :P
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 21:13   #26
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
Originally posted by plasmas_arms
They are an eclectic mix of Radiohead and The Beegee's with a small dash of Metallica thrown in.
BeeGees? why cause he can hit high notes?

Radiohead? why cause you dont know any other band that uses chord sequences other than the normal pop/rock variety.

Metallica? Why cause...erm...WHY??!

That riff in Stockholm Syndrome? Or is Metallica the only band you can think of that plays heavier rock?
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 22:19   #27
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
As was pointed out when OoS was released, Showbiz was quite radiohead-like (and their chord sequences are still reminiscent, if deployed differently) , but now the only decent point of reference anyone can think of is Jeff Buckley.

I'm not sure Muse (well, matt bellamy) are very intelligent per se, just talented. There's nothing particularly cerebral in their approach.
Unread 26 Sep 2003, 22:34   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The only JB-like tracks on Absolution are Falling Away With You and Sing for Absolution, and even then it's tenuous.
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 03:54   #29
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
When's it out? I can appreciate the songs are well made, but I find Matt Bellamy's singing operatic rather than emotional. Good riffs for finger practice though. I'll get someone to play Origin on loud speakers and see if it does it for me.
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 09:19   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
When's it out? I can appreciate the songs are well made, but I find Matt Bellamy's singing operatic rather than emotional. Good riffs for finger practice though. I'll get someone to play Origin on loud speakers and see if it does it for me.
Last monday.
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 22:24   #31
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
but I find Matt Bellamy's singing operatic rather than emotional.
See them live and try to say that.

Very emotional.
Unread 27 Sep 2003, 22:36   #32
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
I saw them at Reading Festival 2002.
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 00:49   #33
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

Quote:
I saw them at Reading Festival 2002.
Erm....good for you!