User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Nov 2003, 20:36   #51
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The games you play at the moment

firstly... how exactly IS the university "clearly the best faction" mrl? most people who say that tend to not have played the game that much, although of course i wouldnt suggest that of you

also, BW is not exactly a dire add on, SC:BW is probably the most exemplary rts ever made. as most "top" players seem to think, not that im saying im one of them, i just know stuff about it.

and
Quote:
originally posted by Wto deall with siege tanx, either mass with zerglings or hydralisks (move them close, then attack), or if he's got enough troops to subdue them, you should have either mutalisks in equal numbers, or queens with spawn broodlings. Later in the game you can use dark swarm, guardians, overlord drops, mass queens or a combination.
well thats all very nice, but then they could just use another attack, im not saying they are invincible, just erm... very annoying. Im not sure what you mean by "move them close, then attack" though, they should get shot up if the tanks are in siege mode, as of course they should be. and dark swarm (if its what i think it is, i havent played for about 6 months) still lets splash damage occur, i.e siege tanks attack.

but yeah, of course there are ways, its just a case of guessing/knowing what to build, and good macro and micro. which is why its such a great game =D
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 21:10   #52
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light

Serious Sam is quite enjoyable when playing on a lan network. Especially when pumping up the amount of opponents to ridiculous numbers.
Age of Mythology and multiplayer vice city are fun to do as well.
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 21:17   #53
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

BW is a poor add-on because it consists mostly of counters, which in some cases are over the top. This means it reduces rather than expands the range of strategies available. Victory fleets may need weakening in vanilla starcraft (esp now the supply cost has dropped from 8 to 6), but the anti-air in BW is excesive.

However, TFT for WC3 is an example of how an add-on should be done. absolute genius.
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 21:31   #54
Rakh

Rakh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hive is the best faction in AC, hands down. No matter what the eck you do, you can't get a negative modifier for efficiency. Allowing you to go overboard on social engineering early on without losing out on much. You even start of with Police State. And when you reach 50% growth rate, you are able to pump out cp's at an atrocious speed, giving you map control faster than any other faction can manage.

But for those into the military aspects of AC, Gaian wins hands down on smaller maps, with Spartans and University dominating the larger ones. Nothing like getting 5-6 mind worms and rushing the enemy. Theres simply no counter for it.
Rakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 21:50   #55
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Playing through Diablo II again, currently trying out a Melee Sorceress.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 00:09   #56
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Total Annihilation <3
Homeworld 2
Elite Force II (Awful, but I figured I bettter finish it)
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 00:37   #57
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
KWAI 2: RETURN TO THE JUNGLE

nah its called

Bridge Construction set

i like making insanly dodgy looking bridges that actually work, or crap bridges that fall apart and make little ramps for the cars to jump off of

i will look up that 1 tho

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 01:09   #58
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Nukezone
Wolfenstein ET (omg addictive)
PA :/
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 01:50   #59
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Championship Manager 4
Age of Mythology
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 02:11   #60
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Tiger Woods 2004
Socom 2: Us Navy SEALs

both on PS2
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 12:20   #61
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
how exactly IS the university "clearly the best faction"
By the way I play; against computer players, I never really had to change my tactics at all.

Quote:
Im not sure what you mean by "move them close, then attack" though
Get them inside seige mode's minimum range.

This is why I like to burrow zerglings or hyrdalisks at about that range from my base.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 16:31   #62
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
By the way I play; against computer players, I never really had to change my tactics at all.

Get them inside seige mode's minimum range.

This is why I like to burrow zerglings or hyrdalisks at about that range from my base.
i only play against computer players at AC too... probably not making me a "proper" player, but bleh.

just because you can win with them doesnt neccesarily make them the best though, i fail to see the logic in that. btw, just out of interest, what difficulty do you play at and what scores do you get?Someone has already said they think hive is the best, and i think i said something like "hive is overpowered" earlier in this thread. I didnt actually give any arguments, but Rakh did ( \o/ ).

anyway, yes, it is nice if you can burrow things next to siege tanks, but you have to predict where they are gonna go. If you are playing LT there are about 4 decent drop points to get your base with seige tanks, i dont normally assume people are just going to trundle up to my base.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 16:35   #63
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Americas Army
and a little PA on the side.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 16:41   #64
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
what difficulty do you play at
Transcend

Quote:
and what scores do you get?
Can't remember, it's not installed at the moment because I had a virus that targeted .exes, and the easiest way to get rid of it was to get rid of every .exe on the media drive and reformat the windows one. Something like 200% or thereabouts if memory serves though.

I still prefer the Pirates though.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 16:48   #65
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

well im not going to say that isnt at least good... but if my memory serves i got almost 300% with hive on transcend, which did annoy me as i hadnt been able to get that much above 200 with morgan.

on a side note... does anyone know what the maximum score is?
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 17:45   #66
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
on a side note... does anyone know what the maximum score is?
I found it out (edited the pirates to +5 all to see what would happen), but again, can't remember.

Flicked round -% pretty soon though.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 18:36   #67
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Neverwinter Nights + Shadows of Undrentire => Server : Battle Legions
F22 Lightining 3
Battlefield 1942
Starwars Mush (geek alert!)

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 18:39   #68
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Mario Kart: Double Dash
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 20:04   #69
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Buck Rogers countdown to doomsday (megadrive)
8 ball pool
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 21:55   #70
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

StarWars: Galaxies;
CM4;
Jedi Knight 2 (and Jedi Academy a bit, too).