User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:01   #51
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: English is a complete pile of utter bollocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_frog
So? that doesn't mean it can't be a science (though it probably isn't).
I was going to talk about it not being worth the effort, so why would they do it, but then I remembered it's an arts subject.

Oh, and WC3? Hester?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:03   #52
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

See, whereas every language is influenced by certain factors and evolves continually, the english language was basically pillaged and raped and the scars of this are still here today.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:12   #53
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought we'd all agreed that falsification as a criterion for scientific theories was idealistic nonsense

edit: it would possible to study politics in a scientific way, but political science in its current state is a bit of a joke. An actual proper political science would probably be some bizarro mixture of behavioural psychology, sociology, economics and ethics. Currently there seems to be too much focus on the second, too little on the third, and almost nothing on the first and last.

edit2: Anyway, dont worry about it Deffeh; all the cool kids drop out of uni at least once. Youre only 17 anyway, its not like it really matters if you have to repeat first year (although youll need to find £1000 somewhere)

Last edited by Nodrog; 11 Nov 2003 at 23:21.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:20   #54
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'm dreading what my sociology essay titles will be though. "Write a 20 page exposition of why Marx was great."
Easy. Just write in a tiny font.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:21   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I thought we'd all agreed that falsification as a criteria for scientific theories was idealistic nonsense

edit: it would possible to study politics in a scientific way, but political science in its current state is a bit of a joke. An actual proper political science would be some bizarro mixture of behavioural psychology, sociology, economics and ethics. Currently there seems to be too much focus on the second, too little on the third, and almost nothing on the first and last.
You just described my course heh. Now who's studying a useless subject! Wait, still me

It's also very possible to study politics scientifically. The point that you wouldn't get precise answers which would undoubtedly be right in all situations is stupid as science is not some formed of perfected subject with a collection of equations which explains everything.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:22   #56
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You know, I did tell you both that your courses were a joke and youd hate them.

Not that I'm one to bring it up like.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:24   #57
Nodrog

Quote:
It's also very possible to study politicall scientifically. The point that you wouldn't get precise answers which would undoubtedly be right in all situations is stupid as science is not some formed of perfected subject with a collection of equations which explains everything.
Yeah. I think it would be possible to study most liberal arts in a semi-scientific way, with the obvious exception of philosophy (lol analytic philosophy lol) - its just that noone really does :(
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:25   #58
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Easy. Just write in a tiny font.

I hope god pisses on you from a great height when you die queball.

PS nod I actually like all my modules bar sociology which is the worst joke ever and thankfully a subject I don't have to touch with a 4500 foot barge pole after first year.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:29   #59
Nodrog

Quote:
PS nod I actually like all my modules bar sociology which is the worst joke ever and thankfully a subject I don't have to touch with a 4500 foot barge pole after first year.
replace sociology with statistics and youve pretty much descirbed my course too.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:29   #60
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
edit2: Anyway, dont worry about it Deffeh; all the cool kids drop out of uni at least once. Youre only 17 anyway, its not like it really matters if you have to repeat first year (although youll need to find £1000 somewhere)
i wont repeat it because i wont fail it. Ill probably just study and barely pass in a subject i dont know much about or like. Uni isnt about studying anyway, its about seeing how many bad substances you can cram dopwn yourself.

I have this english essay for tommorow. Im feeling slightly drunk though, and im just gonna shit out one and a half thousand words of turd and tell them to shove it up their bollocks.

Its for 5pm tommorow so im not out of time. But id prefer to go to subway. <3 subway

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:30   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Yeah. I think it would be possible to study most liberal arts in a semi-scientific way, with the obvious exception of philosophy (lol analytic philosophy lol) - its just that noone really does

Philosophy's got a bad beat because it's a collection of everything people couldn't be arsed actually separating out, uses a vast array of sometimes conflicting methods and is impossible to evaluate as a single concept without sounding like a ****ing idiot. Personal opinion of course!
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:30   #62
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
i wont repeat it because i wont fail it. Ill probably just study and barely pass in a subject i dont know much about or like. Uni isnt about studying anyway, its about seeing how many bad substances you can cram dopwn yourself.

I have this english essay for tommorow. Im feeling slightly drunk though, and im just gonna shit out one and a half thousand words of turd and tell them to shove it up their bollocks.

Its for 5pm tommorow so im not out of time. But id prefer to go to subway. <3 subway
If you dont like the course and doubt youre going to like it ever, why not just change? Better now than halfway through second year and all that.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:31   #63
Nodrog

Quote:
Philosophy's got a bad beat because it's a collection of everything people couldn't be arsed actually separating out, uses a vast array of sometimes conflicting methods and is impossible to evaluate as a single concept without sounding like a ****ing idiot. Personal opinion of course!
Overspecialisation is one of the top 5 things currently wrong with academia; dont be dissing having a stupidly broad bundle of concepts mang.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:32   #64
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
replace sociology with statistics and youve pretty much descirbed my course too.

There's not exactly that much to dislike about counting duder.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:34   #65
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Overspecialisation is one of the top 5 things currently wrong with academia; dont be dissing having a stupidly broad bundle of concepts mang.

I'm not saying don't study history and physics. But don't bloody pretend they're the same thing and try to explain them using the same specific methods.

PS Other four? If one of them isn't post-modernism I'll be very disappointed.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:36   #66
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

i read at this thread in awe of the daddygrownups
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:36   #67
Nodrog

Quote:
There's not exactly that much to dislike about counting duder.
this is what we done in my probability/stats lecture today
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:37   #68
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If you dont like the course and doubt youre going to like it ever, why not just change? Better now than halfway through second year and all that.
i have no intention of working when i leave uni assuming i live that long. so it really doesnt matter, idont want to be anything but a student

Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:38   #69
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: English is a complete pile of utter bollocks.

Quote:
Burn down teh GD, hand teh blessed admins, etc.

You can take your post-modernism, put it in your pipe and smoke it, Ebenezer.

I'll deal with all this tommorow.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:39   #70
Nodrog

Quote:
I'm not saying don't study history and physics. But don't bloody pretend they're the same thing and try to explain them using the same specific methods.
The cool kids are doing historiography these days, history is for losers

Quote:
Its not, but one of them is probably applying methods from the physical sciences to liberal art disciplines (peer reviewed journals are one of the worst culprits here)
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:44   #71
JonnyBGood
Banned

No gay porn links on the forums for ****s sake.

PS History is great. Read The Third Reich - A New History by Michael Burleigh to understand why (totally serious here, I'm like 60 pages in and so far it's one of the best books I've ever read).

PPS Peer review journals are great. Only smart people get to talk in them and all those plebs who want their arguments judged on their merits are kept out
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:46   #72
Nodrog

Quote:
No gay porn links on the forums for ****s sake.
PPS Peer review journals are great.
Yeah, the 'publish-or-be-damned' paradigm has certainly worked wonders for academic philosophy oh wait
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:51   #73
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, the 'publish-or-be-damned' paradigm has certainly worked wonders for academic philosophy oh wait

Minus five points for using the word paradigm without the words neo-anarcho-meta-pre-syndicalism.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:53   #74
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
PS History is great. Read The Third Reich - A New History by Michael Burleigh to understand why (totally serious here, I'm like 60 pages in and so far it's one of the best books I've ever read).
I'm reading Hitler by Kershaw, and it's a bloody disapointment in comparison.

You'd think one book, dealing with state terror on a unprecedented level never before experienced in human history, and a biography of the orchestrator of said terror would actually be fairly even in the humor stakes; in actual fact Burleigh is much the superior writer in this respect.

The monotiny of Kershaw's depictions of Hitler's egoism gets to you after a while. In the end it's about the only thing you remember. It may even be about the only thing in the book, as far as I can tell.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:54   #75
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Agree.
Yes, when you attempt to use it.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:56   #76
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Its not, but one of them is probably applying methods from the physical sciences to liberal art disciplines (peer reviewed journals are one of the worst culprits here)
Getting physicists and geographers to talk to each other is expensive. If that expense means they each put out utter crap then that's the way it is.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 23:59   #77
Nodrog

Quote:
Getting physicists and geographers to talk to each other is expensive. If that expense means they each put out utter crap then that's the way it is.
Im not sure how this is relevant to the post you quoted
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 00:01   #78
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Nod discussion in 'general confusion' shocker.

Why are you even bothered that someone makes sense? Never bloody stopped anyone round here before.
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 00:02   #79
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I'm reading Hitler by Kershaw, and it's a bloody disapointment in comparison.

You'd think one book, dealing with state terror on a unprecedented level never before experienced in human history, and a biography of the orchestrator of said terror would actually be fairly even in the humor stakes; in actual fact Burleigh is much the superior writer in this respect.

The monotiny of Kershaw's depictions of Hitler's egoism gets to you after a while. In the end it's about the only thing you remember. It may even be about the only thing in the book, as far as I can tell.

Monotonous books are great. I have this pile of books which I unfortunately read and made Rand seem like a great writer next to my bed*!

*In a pile under the staircase*

*sewerage system
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 00:02   #80
queball
Ball

Quote:
You were saying scientific knowledge was misapplied?
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 00:05   #81
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:

I thought he was saying scientific method was misapplied :equallyconfused:
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 00:06   #82
Nodrog

Quote:
No, I was saying that its stupid to take the 'peer reviewed journals, publish or die!" paradigm that sort of works for the physical sciences and apply it as the de facto standard for all academic disciplines, whether its suited to them or not.
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 00:24   #83
Nodrog

Quote:
Monotonous books are great. I have this pile of books which I unfortunately read and made Rand seem like a great writer next to my bed*!
You forget that Rand is one of the best fiction writers to ever live.
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 00:35   #84
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
You forget that Rand is one of the best fiction writers to ever live.
She had good themes and explored them well. However she was a pedantic, boring, repetitive tart (how many times have you read galt's speech nod?) Certainly not a tap on Burleigh who's actually interesting to read both in his subject material, the way he approaches it and his style of writing.
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 00:52   #85
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I thought we'd all agreed that falsification as a criterion for scientific theories was idealistic nonsense
I've read Popper, i've had reasonable exposure to science being done and the philosophical responses to his work - and philosophy of knowledge in general; as long as you bear in mind that it's (mainly) an epistemological account and not a sociological one falsificationism seems to be accurate.
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 00:57   #86
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_frog
I've read Popper, i've had reasonable exposure to science being done and the philosophical responses to his work - and philosophy of knowledge in general; as long as you bear in mind that it's (mainly) an epistemological account and not a sociological one falsificationism seems to be accurate.
Define what it means for a theory to be conclusively falsified.
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 01:01   #87
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

For it to be shown that a theory is incapable of accurately describing the phenomena it deals with, with the highest level of precision the theory entails.

So, Newton vs. Einstein next up right? bring it on.
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 02:22   #88
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

yeah init though init
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 02:42   #89
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

!!!ATTENTION DEFFEH!!!

Quote:
Never had those choices in school.

Besides, i did like English once. Unfortunately, the english degree course is a creativity stifling unimaginative pile of crap.

Listen to this

Q.7
'That is not what i meant at all,/ That is not it at all.'
Write an alternative account of the love song of J Alfred Prufrock from the point of view of one of the women whose arms are 'braceleted white and bare' in the poem. This should be in prose; your version should relate to the original by picking up several specific references from it and working them into your account. It should not just mirror Eliot's poem all the same, but should look to add something of its own. Questions to resolve before starting include what class these women are, and in what period?

That pile of shit is what they call a "creative writing" option. Creative writing my ****ing ass, thats surely "restrictive writing". Im learning absolutely **** all from this Pretentious wank course, and thats what they serve me up to try and be creative with.

This is easy.

Morever it could be fun, FUN, FUN!

Just figure out whether the woman is a rich or a poor woman.

If she is a poor woman then make up a story in which she is a prostitute and just write a fun story about a hooker.

If she is a rich woman then make it so that she has an unloving marriage and screws about alot.

Either way ... "fun".

You just need a parallel story that can run alongside the original (ie how would a hooker/adulterer meet the author/main character of the original story).

If you think the guy who is setting the questions is being a dick then just keep with the Rankin winning formula of "all women are whores and should be treated as such" ... even in stories you write.
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 03:35   #90
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

i did another question, and its probably the worst essay ive ever written. but i dont care, because my bollocks will still be bigger than those of my english tutor, regardless of what piece of shit essay i hand in

Unread 12 Nov 2003, 18:47   #91
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i did another question, and its probably the worst essay ive ever written. but i dont care, because my bollocks will still be bigger than those of my english tutor, regardless of what piece of shit essay i hand in

Deffeh isn't bitter "honest".