User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Aug 2006, 15:41   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
tv-shows

we didnt have one of these threads in a while, so what is there to watch / download right now (besides stargate)?
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 15:44   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: tv-shows

Psyche is really stupid but mildly watchable.

Eureka seems fairly poor.

So aside from SG-1 & Atlantis (which aren't brilliant anyway) there's not a lot.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 16:10   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i really really dont get the stargate love, at all.

Obligatory plug for "The Shield", which is probably the best drama ever made, pushing "The Sopranos" into second

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 16:16   #4
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer to stream videos/programs etc... I`m too paranoid about catching a nasty virus.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 16:16   #5
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

Yeah The Sopranos definetly... I'd also say:

Monkey Dust - Black humour

What kind of stuff are you into?
________
Art On The Hill Condo Pattaya

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 07:02.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 16:47   #6
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

House season 2 on Hallmark
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:01   #7
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I just like Eureka, Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis, there isn't much else on TV :/

Obviously there is NCIS which is good forever!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:04   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
i really really dont get the stargate love, at all.
It's not the best show by any means, but it's watchable enough. The seasons with McGuyver in them are probably the best though.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:05   #9
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Garth Marenghi's Dark Place
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:11   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
It's not the best show by any means, but it's watchable enough. The seasons with McGuyver in them are probably the best though.
Ive never even found that. Im not the hugest sci-fi fan, but i can turn on and watch any episode of Star trek without cringing or being too bored.

Stargate on the other hand, i cant say the same for. Theres nothing really in my mind that seperates it from other sub standard american crap like andromeda or whatever.

Im sure if i made a conscious effort i could care enough about it for it to be watchable but theres hardly anything good enough about it that justifies it being such an enormous forums favourite.

Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:16   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Stargate on the other hand, i cant say the same for. Theres nothing really in my mind that seperates it from other sub standard american crap like andromeda or whatever.
Well I've not watched Andromeda so I'm not sure there is. But then again, I'm not sure if there's anything that separate's most of Trek (aside from the fact it was first in some regards) from worse shows. If you watch most of TNG now for example you realise how truly terrible most of it was (especially the early series). If you compare most of Trek to something like the modern Battlestar the former looks frankly embarrassing.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:18   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Oh, if people haven't watched it yet then I would recommend you watch the Justice League animated series. Yes, it's a cartoon but it's eminently watchable and if you dismiss it just because of it's genre then you really are a dribbling idiot.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:27   #13
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

I've been renting Star Trek Voyager online from Blockbuster the last few months to watch all the episodes. I know lots of people weren't a fan of this show, but I liked the concept they did of putting the ship out there on its own and seeing how they cope with it.

What I'd really like to find, and perhaps just haven't looked hard enough is the old Quantum Leap series. They run it on sci-fi on like Monday morning (in US), but I haven't found it on DVD yet.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:28   #14
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've heard good things about this Modern Toss thing, it's an animated series, I don't know what channel it's on or anything but Deffeh watched it last night and liked it!

Oh and either Adam or Joe wrote some of it I think.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:38   #15
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Just started watching Bones which is pretty good and the first season has finished so you can download it all. It's about a forensic anthropologist working for the FBI who identifies people by their bones. It has a bit of a House vibe to it (but she's probably hotter than Huge Laurie).

The new season of Prison Break starts this month and i'd say it's up there with 24 as my favourite show. I'd never watched it and watched the whole first season in a few days.

Eureka hs been pretty shit so far to be honest and there's only been a few good SG-1/Atlantis eps.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:39   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
I've been renting Star Trek Voyager online from Blockbuster the last few months to watch all the episodes. I know lots of people weren't a fan of this show, but I liked the concept they did of putting the ship out there on its own and seeing how they cope with it.
Voyager was a good idea but executed poorly. I think Ron D Moore (creator of the newer BSG) put it quite well :
Quote:
"The premise has a lot of possibilities. Before it aired, I was at a convention in Pasadena, and Sternbach and Okuda were on stage, and they were answering questions from the audience about the new ship. It was all very technical, and they were talking about the fact that in the premise this ship was going to have problems. It wasn’t going to have unlimited sources of energy. It wasn’t going to have all the doodads of the Enterprise. It was going to be rougher, fending for themselves more, having to trade to get supplies that they want. That didn’t happen. It doesn’t happen at all, and it’s a lie to the audience. I think the audience intuitively knows when something is true and something is not true. Voyager is not true. If it were true, the ship would not look spick-and-span every week, after all these battles it goes through. How many times has the bridge been destroyed? How many shuttlecrafts have vanished, and another one just comes out of the oven? That kind of bullshitting the audience I think takes its toll. At some point the audience stops taking it seriously, because they know that this is not really the way this would happen. These people wouldn’t act like this."
(from Wiki)
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 18:09   #17
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

One of the recent Atlantis was horrible (#3) but I thought the production on Ronan's fights in (#4) was awesome, some of the best effects i've seen on a tv show.

The one after that with the acients in 5 are an ace idea. I'd agree its one of the best shows on tv.

sg1 is losing its way a little but the ori are a cool idea and the toilet ships keep me interested.

was rivited to prison break, weeds looks good, west wings last series finished recently and I would guess thats good (although haven't watched it yet).

Last edited by The_Tyrant; 16 Aug 2006 at 18:19.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 18:19   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I thought the Ronan action episode was one of the stupidest things I'd ever seen.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 18:30   #19
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I've heard good things about this Modern Toss thing, it's an animated series, I don't know what channel it's on or anything but Deffeh watched it last night and liked it!

I watched two sketches and wanted to die. It is a load of crap.

A man sniffs a flower and spends 5 minutes bouncing around the screen sneezing falling in and out of a tree.

It was beyond awful.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 18:45   #20
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all

Quote:
I thought the Ronan action episode was one of the stupidest things I'd ever seen.
I'd agree the same thing centering on Ronan done in almost any other way would have been better. I just enjoyed the matrix style pauses when ronan was doing a running stab to the head. can't argue with that.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 19:54   #21
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow

I've only missed one episode, and i didnt know adam and joe had anything to do with it but that explains the AWESOMENESS of it.

Modern.

Toss.

Catch you later, yeah?

Unread 17 Aug 2006, 11:55   #22
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Thanks everyone, I havent heard anything about most of the shows mentioned here, so I'll look around a little.
As for stargate, I don't know, maybe it's not the best show ever made, but from time to time there are really great and entertaining episodes and after watching 10+ seasons you just want to know how it's going to continue. They seem to be slowly running out of ideas though
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 16:22   #23
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

In US, tomorrow night is the airing of SG-1's 200th episode, the previews seem quite interesting, and the return of Richard Dean Anderson for the first time this season should prove a good one to watch.
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 16:42   #24
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Does Weeds get better? I only watched the first episode and was not overly impressed (but then again, most first episodes suck)

I look forward to Lost, Prison Break and Sopranos. But I almost always watch the shows on TV, I just like to wait a week I guess
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 18:07   #25
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjC
House season 2 on Hallmark
Cameron.
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 18:53   #26
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i can't say i'm that convinced. there are some characters (or sketches, whatever) such as "alan", "work", "space argument", "drive-by abuser", "gnat burgler" (at least the first time i liked it) and "barney", which i find quite amusing. it just seems a little held back, not quite as edgey as you might expect from such a lo-fi show on at 11:30 or whatever the late night slot is.

obviously, being a sketch show it sometimes feels a bit repetitive. something that is only highlighted by some of the jokes being pretty weak such as "sneezeman" and "peace & quiet". the repitition is admitedly tackled by trying to change the situation/timing of the punchline but it just feels all a bit done before. the two sketches i can remember being a bit more "off the wall", are the "customer services" sketch and the "illegal alphabet" one, both of which i just find dull.
I just think the whole thing is tremendously done. It just raises a smile, though i agree its not particularly biting.

Sneezeman isnt so funny, but alan, drive by abuser and mr tourettes are amazing.

HAVIN A PICNIC, YEAH? YEAH, ****IN LOOKS LIKE IT AN ALL.

GOT YOUR LITTLE RUG AND SANDWICHES? MAYBE A PORK PIE? YEAH, **** OFF. YOU WANT TO SORT YOURSELF OUT MATE.

NICE DAY AT THE SEASIDE ISNT IT? ****ING SUN AND SAND? CATCH YOU LATER, YEAH.

i dont think modern toss is for everyone, but in its own way i think its fairly niche and comedy

Unread 17 Aug 2006, 18:58   #27
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am waiting for Anamnesis the Series to be produced. It's just a matter of time.
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 19:04   #28
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

At the moemnt I'm only downloading The 4400. Great TV show, it's in its 3rd season now. Then I watch Joey on the TV. On Monday I'll download the new episodes of Prison Break
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 19:51   #29
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Veronica Mars
I probally mentioned this on the other thread but its a fanstastic show. I have yet to find anyone who Ive introduced it to who didnt like it. While S2 wasnt quite as good as S1 its still the smartest and best written show on US tv. Ignore any description you read about it as its a pretty tough sell in words, just give it about 5 episodes of season 1 and your fall in love with it

Entourage
I will second the recommendation about this. Its a drama/Comedy and is fantastic viewing

How I met Your Mother
Theres a move away from traditional sitcoms and for a good reason but in How I met Your Mother we have a traditional sitcom that is fresh and does things right

Everwood
A Fantastic Drama with great stories, great character and great acting. Sadly those idiots at the CW decided to renew One Tree Hill and 7th heaven rather than give Everwood a 5th season but the 4 seasons it got are all fantastic
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 20:00   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Veronica Mars
I probally mentioned this on the other thread but its a fanstastic show. I have yet to find anyone who Ive introduced it to who didnt like it.
As a massive Buffy fan I held out hopes for this (Whedon's praise of it, etc) but I didn't like it. I've only seen two or three episodes but I haven't enjoyed it so far.

Quote:
How I met Your Mother
Theres a move away from traditional sitcoms and for a good reason but in How I met Your Mother we have a traditional sitcom that is fresh and does things right
This is one of the worst shows I've ever seen.
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 22:02   #31
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
At the moemnt I'm only downloading The 4400. Great TV show, it's in its 3rd season now. Then I watch Joey on the TV. On Monday I'll download the new episodes of Prison Break
As I've said before Joey is dire. It has since been canceled and for good reason.

I've thread about this guy but I thought I's mention it again because he has a version of his show which focuses on American shows and that is on tonight on BBC 4 at 10pm and 00:30. I shall be watching at the latter time so I don't miss House.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 23:33   #32
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I am trouble finding a good source to get 'all of Blackadder' ... if you have that DVD collection, be it legally bought or (il)legally downloaded and burned to DVD/SVCD, who would need anything else?
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 01:09   #33
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Are you looking to buy a copy Theam ? Not sure if you can use that being a crazy dutch laad though
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 10:14   #34
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future

I have also recently obtained a few dvd's from this site, such as the entire series' of Good vs Evil and Brimstone, two class programs I failed to see the most of when they were on due to the fact I had been going out far too much during the week.
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 10:18   #35
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Entourage - fantastic comedy
Sopranos
The O.C

Other decent\great shows if ur into the likes of them:

One tree hill
Veronica Mars
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 10:29   #36
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Gonna recommend Clone High again. Especially since I found you can watch almost every episode on Youtube.

Also have a look for Space: Above and Beyond. Someone should hopefully be sending me the series on dvd at some point soon.

Oh and posting more love for Adam & Joe.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 11:16   #37
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I am currently enjoying Deadwood, once you get to about episode 6 you realise it is pure unalloyed genius, season 2 is even better.

I have to echo Battlestar and Justice League plaudits.

Also Rome miniseries is very political.
I completly forgot about Deadwood, I downloaded Season 1 a while ago, but never watched it.
I don't like Battelstar Galactica very much.

Does anyone know if there is going to be another season of Rome? I think it was pretty good, and they could easily let it run until 1200 AD or something, so there certainly is enough material.
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 12:07   #38
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I quite liked The Unit, currently repeating the first series of it in the States - a mixture of fighting for the US version of the SAS whilst also having the home life back on the base [wives, kids etc]

Hopefully a second series will be made
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 12:15   #39
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
I quite liked The Unit, currently repeating the first series of it in the States - a mixture of fighting for the US version of the SAS whilst also having the home life back on the base [wives, kids etc]

Hopefully a second series will be made
so rainbow six?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 13:11   #40
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

The Unit is a good program with the President from 24, I don't know which series 1 or 2 I think.

I'm acquiring the first 2 seasons of The 4400 atm and may go onto Deadwood soon since I've been recommended that too
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 17:13   #41
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Series 4 is much better than 3 horn, you're just wrong.
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 17:30   #42
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
i bought the box set a while ago.
i wouldn't recomment it to be honest, especially if you're not a fan of the first series(most aren't). the "back & forth" special is awful (this wasn't in my box set but i would have thought it would be included with any produced now) and the 4th series is far worse than i had remembered.

in summary just get series 2 and 3 for cheaper.
The first series was horrible, despite having Brian Blessed in it.
The second series was better but not great
The third series was great
The fourth series was excellent
Back and Forth was okay (As was The Cavalier Years)
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 18:20   #43
Cannon_Fodder

Its WWI actually
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 19:43   #44
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Hang on, you seriously thought they were in a trench in France for the entire series and it was World War 2?!
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 19:48   #45
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

I am also unenthusiastic about Eureka.

I say watch classic Star Trek, 1st episode to the last one.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 20:45   #46
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
explain the planes!!!

!!!!!

Er biplanes?
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 22:44   #47
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
is this actually funny?
i remember catching about 5 minutes of it a few months ago when it was being aired.
It seemed to have taken the "omg random lol" a bit too far and forgotten to be funny. post-joke maybe but i didn't catch it again and so never really found out... i wouldn't mind giving it another look, i hadn't given it much of a second thought, dismissing it as just another attempt to cash in on anything vaguly "out there" after the office.

Garth Marenghi's Dark Place is pretty awesome dude. It's very funny. You should definately check it out.
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 22:42   #48
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I just 'acquired' all (most probably) episodes and special editions of BlackAdder, let the fun commence!

(thanks 1-X for showing me this 'shop')
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 23:04   #49
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

'I am not an animal'

for funniest comedy which never seems to get any attention
Unread 23 Aug 2006, 13:13   #50
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
As a massive Buffy fan I held out hopes for this (Whedon's praise of it, etc) but I didn't like it. I've only seen two or three episodes but I haven't enjoyed it so far.
As someone who mentioned that they are a fan of Buffy I’m surprised you haven’t enjoyed Veronica Mars as style and writing wise it’s a similar show. In fact a lot of critics are calling it “the new buffy”. The writings as intelligent, sharpe and witty anything from the pen of Joss Whedon. And the season 1 story arc outdoes anything Buffy ever had. Buffy’s arcs would always hit a point where they dragged a little and didn’t really seem to be moving forward where as VM’s arc is always moving on and you never feel that they are dragging their feet just waiting for the last episode to make the reveal.

Anyway is there something in particular that’s putting you off? (Although having said that you said you have only seen 3 episodes and I’ve seen a couple of people on other forums state that it wasn’t till the season finale that they started to appreciate the previous episodes, but then most people are totally hooked by the time they reach episode 5 of season 1)

Quote:
This is one of the worst shows I've ever seen.
As for “How I Met Your Mother” if you think it’s awful you clearly haven’t seen many of the 3 Camera Sitcoms. Since Friends (Which itself wasn’t exactly stellar in its later seasons) we have had awful 3 Camera Sitcoms like Will & Grace. 4 Kings, Crumbs, 2 and a half men, Quintuplets, Freddie, Everybody loves Raymond. The New Adventures of Old Christine, Listen Up, Joey ect ect

How I Met Your Mother however is a diamond in the rough, the innovation in sitcoms is currently in the single camera style (with shows like My Name is Earl, Scrubs, Entourage and The Office (US)) but HIMYM shows that 3 Camera sitcoms don’t have to be rubbish. Its has many of the elements that made the early seasons of Friends so good but isn’t afraid to be a little quirky at times. Admittedly the main Character of Ted is a little bland and weak but the supporting cast more than makes up for that. No one more so that Neil Patrick Harris (aka Doogie Howser) as Barney who’s like Joey and Chandler rolled into one and then cranked up a few notches. Alyson Hannigan as Lilly is also excellent and while Buffy clearly showed she’s hardly the best actress in the world this and American Pie shows she has a real gift for comedy and Jason Siegel as Marshall is equally good (although anyone whos seen the brilliant but cancelled before its time “Freaks and Geeks” will already know how good he can be)

Quote:
whoah, whoah, whoah, wow!
i watched this show for about 10 minutes in utter fascination. discussing (with myself) how awful and quite frankly damaging it was to the mental health of those who watch it.
it's got the holistic american dream sickly film dripping off every aspect of it's being. something i had thought was on the way out (at least in a superficial sense) post-9/11. but no.
i might be generalising a tad having only managed to watch 10 minutes before i decided my critical faculties couldn't withstand any more bombardment and feared a thorough brain washing but i feel justified after one particular conversation i can vaguely remember between the two male doctors that involved a lecture on how "hope" and "open minded approaches to medicine" where the route to salvation, not the infidel SSRI !!!

utter conservative filth with lashings of spiritual nonsense.

i won't be watching any of your recommendations that's for sure! good day sir!
The Everwood your describing isn’t bears little resemblance to the Everwood that actually aired. It may get the tag “Family Drama” but this is no 7th Heaven. It doesn’t duck difficult issues, it doesn’t get preachy and it’s not steeped in religion (you may get the occasional story where religion comes into it but both sides are represented). It’s also a proper drama and not one of these superficial fluff shows like The O.C or One Tree Hill. Where as these two shows are little more than badly written pieces that the producers decide it doesn’t matter how bad it as long as there’s eye candy in ever single scene, Everwood puts the stories and writing at the forefront and focuses on all facets of the towns community and not just the ‘High School’ characters.

And for what you call a conservative show it was complained about an awful lot by Conservative Christian Group and was regularly included in the Parents’ Television Council’s list of Worst shows for its “reckless message about sex” using the fact that Dr.Brown gave contraception to a teenage patient as one of the reasons. This is the same group that constantly labels family Guy, South Park, 24, CSI, Las Vegas, Buffy, Angel, Friends, Millennium, Spin City and West Wing for its themes and praises shows like 7th Heaven and Touched by an Angel for theirs.

It’s a fantastic show and people shouldn’t be judging it on just 10mins, I could watch just 10mins of Blackadder and think its rubbish (especially from season 1) but having watch them all I know that’s not the case
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote