User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Jul 2006, 09:10   #1
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Risk

When playing the board game, generally with the same people, we have found recently that it can get a bit stale. To try and make it more interesting we have started making up some of our own rules such as, offering a bonus card if you break up someone elses continent to try and encourage more attacking play, and removing the limitation that tactical moves have to be to adjoining countries though you can only move through countries you own.

After browsing the internet I saw some other rules which looked like they could be interesting. Paranoia risk where the only missions are kill someone who is playing, but you don't need to be the one to finish someone off to win. Another one was if you traded in cards and owned one of the countries shown you would get bonus men on that territory.

What I was wondering though, there always seemed to be a lot of people here who played the game, and everyone always seems to play by different rules in board games, what changes have you made to the default rules that you have found helped make things more interesting?
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 09:49   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Risk

We turned it into a drinking game.

Seriously.
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 09:53   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Another one was if you traded in cards and owned one of the countries shown you would get bonus men on that territory.
That was a default rule in the risk I played...

I think the only rule we put in place ourselves when we used to play was a maximum number of units in one territory (about 30 I think) at the end of any turn.

But yeh, Risk does get boring after a while...

Do you play with Mission cards?
There were a couple of suggestions in the Risk set I had - like having secret capitals that if you lost you lost all your risk cards... Whoever owned 3 or more capitals won the game... or something like that.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 10:08   #4
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

We used to have pacts but it could get complicated.

Bascially any player could make a pact with another. The exception to this was the person who had the most men.

You could not attack each other, and a pact lasted 5 turns (if there was 2 in the pact) or 4 turns if there was 3 etc. You had a maximum number of 5 attacks to make each turn.

This usually meant that whoever was winning could quickly find themselves a tad depleted, and your compatriot(s) could turn on you very quickly.
Maladoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 10:18   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I generally play by the standard world domination rules. The ascending cards thing is useful if you want to shorten the game. Capitals is OK if you're going to play dozens and dozens of games (as you need that many games to even out the effects of luck).

I've played several hundred games online and I find "speed" risk (i.e. maximum 30,45 or 60 seconds per turn) most enjoyable.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 10:58   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Only play it on the computer nowadays. I have Risk II which is alright, but does anyone remember / know where i could get a copy of "ultimate risk", with the battle tactics and that lark? it was awesome

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 11:06   #7
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
We turned it into a drinking game.

Seriously.
How? I've tried this but we couldn't come up with any decent setups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste

Do you play with Mission cards?
Sometimes. Generally only use missions if we want a quicker game as they can some of them are horribly unbalanced.

Quote:
Only play it on the computer nowadays. I have Risk II which is alright, but does anyone remember / know where i could get a copy of "ultimate risk", with the battle tactics and that lark? it was awesomep
I have one which I think was just called Risk but that involved tactics like ambush, flanking manouveres etc... But I can't get it to work anymore as it will only run on Windows 98. Other than that I can probably try to send you a copy if you want.
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 11:15   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We did it with fingers of beer (in case this happens to be a purely irish thing a finger is basically drinking for a second), lose a country do a finger, lose your hold on a continent do two fingers, break someone else's hold on a continent nominate someone for two fingers, not attack for a turn do a finger, get knocked out of the game attempt to drink the engine oil for ten seconds (engine oil is our nickname for any sickeningly strong drink which tastes terrible named after an unlabelled bottle of clear yellow liquid we found one night which smelt, and tasted, like engine oil).

You can double and treble the stakes as you move into the game or for a new game or whatever.
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 12:42   #9
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i've never actually played the board game but i play mission risk (www.missionrisk.com) or rather played, it a lot. so i'm not too sure what the actual 'default' rules are but in missionrisk there are several little things that can spice it up ie card capture etc
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 12:51   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Capital risk is by far the best.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 12:56   #11
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

How does capital risk work then? I've never played that
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 13:14   #12
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Rules in risk depends on what type of game you want.

The typical ways we used to differente were:
1. Placing reinforcement at end of turn; more predictable play.
2. Standard/Escalating return on card trade-ins.
3. Full blitz; you can attack everywhere, all the time and as many times as you want; leads to random'ish and fun games
4. All units, One move/attack; leads to more strategical/tactic play and feels slightly saner.
5. Goals; World Domination, Knock-out, Standard Mission
6. Combat Rolling; can defender choose number of dice to roll after he's seen attackers roll or not? If he can, defending is statistically slightly better (I *think*, I never did do the maths) if he can't, attacking is slightly better. It has quite a large effect on the overall game (different versions of the rules say different things here. Don't know wether it's from differences in core-risk rules or translation issues though)

I think the most enjoyable one (atleast when sober'ish) was one move/attack, reinforcement earned beginning of turn and placed at end of turn, escalating returns on cards (else it ends in a 3-superpowers terror-balance way too often), and defenders has to roll two dice if he has enough units (making attacking profitable).

And of course, as any gamers would say, there is no such thing as 'unbreakable pacts'. Pacts/deals/NAP's are human issues, never game issues.

Last edited by hyfe; 21 Jul 2006 at 13:22.
hyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 13:21   #13
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

RIMMER: So there we were at 2:30 in the morning; I was beginning to wish
I had never come to cadet training school. To the south lay water --
there was no way we could cross that. To the east and west two armies
squeezed us in a pincer. The only way was north; I had to go for it
and pray the Gods were smiling on me. I picked up the dice and threw
two sixes. Caldecott couldn't believe it. My go again; another two
sixes!
LISTER: Rimmer, what's wrong with you? Don't you realize that no one is
even slightly interested in anything you're saying? You've got this
major psychological defect which blinds you to the fact that you're
boring people to death! How come you can't sense that?
RIMMER: Anyway I picked up the dice again... Unbelievable! Another two
sixes!
LISTER: Rimmer!
RIMMER: What?
LISTER: No one wants to know some stupid story about how you beat your
Cadet School Training Officer at Risk.
RIMMER: Then -- disaster! I threw a two and a three; Caldecott picked up
the dice and threw snake eyes -- I was still in it.
LISTER: Cat, can you talk to him?.

CAT is sitting with big pieces of cotton wool plugged in to his ears. As
LISTER talks to him he takes one of the pieces.

CAT: What?
RIMMER: Anyway, to cut a long story short I threw a five and a four which
beat his three and a two, another double six followed by a double four
and a double five. After he'd thrown a three and a two I threw a six
and a three.
CAT: Man, this guy could bore for his country!
LISTER: What I want to know, is how the smeg can you remember what dice
you threw at a game you played when you were seventeen?
RIMMER: I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do
that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in
the sleeping quarters. I ask you, what better way is there to spend a
Saturday night?
CAT: Ya got me.
RIMMER: So a six and a three and he came back with a three and a two.
LISTER: Rimmer, can't you tell the story is not gripping me? I'm in a
state of non-grippedness, I am completely smegging ungripped. Shut the
smeg up.
RIMMER: Don't you want to hear the Risk story?
LISTER: That's what I've been saying for the last fifteen minutes.
RIMMER: But I thought that was because I hadn't got to the really
interesting bit...
LISTER: What really interesting bit?
RIMMER: Ah well, that was about two hours later, after he'd thrown a
three and a two and I'd thrown a four and a one. I picked up the
dice...
LISTER: Hang on Rimmer, hang on... the really interesting bit is exactly
the same as the dull bit.
RIMMER: You don't know what I did with the dice though, do you? For all
you know, I could have jammed them up his nostrils, head butted him on
the nose and they could have blasted out of his ears. That would've
been quite interesting.
LISTER: OK, Rimmer. What did you do with the dice?.
RIMMER: I threw a five and a two.
LISTER: And that's the really interesting bit?
RIMMER: Well it was interesting to me, it got me into Irkutsk.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 13:28   #14
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Movie transcript?

I'm pretty good at telling people they're boring, and I've actually had way too many conversations like that one. Sadly, once or twice as the guy who doesn't give a rats ass about whether his story his funny or not too .. I think my only victims were my parents though, and they're supposed to nod and smile and be interested whatever you said. Mine just made fun of me for telling boring stories though.. the pains of childhood
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 13:42   #15
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfe
Movie transcript?
Red Dwarf.

The first 6 series were some of the best Comedy ever.
The last couple were some of the worst

Unread 21 Jul 2006, 15:27   #16
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I chuckled at the Red Dwarf quote.
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 17:34   #17
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Red Dwarf.

The first 6 series were some of the best Comedy ever.
The last couple were some of the worst
When Kochansky was there it was great.
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 18:30   #18
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I purchase a Risk board game in 1961 or 1962. It cost $7.50, quite a pricey board game at the time. All woodedn pieces.

My friend and I were the only ones interested in playing the game however. With only two players the game was too short and too predictable.

We wanted long games so we improvised.

Neutral countries was our answer. Between 2 and 5 men placed on each country other than our starting countries (1 each). Neutral countries couldn't attack but they could defend. When to start attacking became a key bit of strategy.

We frequently would play all day and then freeze the board and resume the next day. One time it took about a week and a half before the game finished.
Unread 21 Jul 2006, 18:47   #19
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I played a similar version to yours dda, but the neutral armies COULD attack.

The neutral armies had 3 stages - Loyal to you, Neutral to all, Loyal to enemy.

So if you attack them they move one away from you (so would move to being neutral, or if already neutral move to being loyal to the enemy).

If any armies are loyal to you on your go, then you get to control them before you move your own pieces.

There were a few other intricacies in it (you could "bribe" armies to be loyal to you by sacrificing a card) but that was the gist of it.