User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 May 2003, 17:36   #1
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
University Transfer

Anyone done it, anyone know what I've got to do to get things moving, anyone know what kind of deadlines I'm looking at, etc, etc, etc.

Cheers.
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:40   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
havent done it, did some investigation, from which i think i've concluded the following

1. Contact the uni you want to move too (or find one if you dont know yet). Email/phone the relevant department head and/or admissions people and they'll fill you in on what you need to do.

2. Some sort of form filling in at new uni, and get old uni to sign it too.

3. Tell student loan people.

Deadlines really depend. Some people will only take you on the next academic year, so i'd say Jan is around the time you want to sort things, but thats not a definate rule..
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:44   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm looking at transferring at the end of this year and dropping back a year (currently a first-year), so are we talking 'not likely' or what?
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:52   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
I'm looking at transferring at the end of this year and dropping back a year (currently a first-year), so are we talking 'not likely' or what?
perfectly do-able i reckon. It really depends on the uni and what their opinions of it and you are, but i cant see any reason why you cant do it.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:52   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Goodbye Edinburgh, Hello UMIST/Durham.

I don't know which yet.
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:55   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Come to durham, we can go bowling.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:57   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Come to durham, we can go bowling.
Are you there?

If so count me in.
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:57   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I live in Durham, and currently don't go to any university.
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:58   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

AND THEN YOU CAN POP JUST UP THE ROAD AND SEE ME.

Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:58   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Plan.

Excellence.
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:59   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

ITS LIKE A GATHERING OF PEOPLE
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:02   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
we could all go bowling :/ but you would all beat me
and i thought you went to oxford MrL
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:06   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

oxford? UURGH
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:07   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Actually jacksey, I'm in Durham the 14th -> 16th of June if you fancy a pint
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:10   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Huzzah!
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:12   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
anyone mind if i pop across for a pint as well?
as long as we go nowhere near klute that is, i dont need to catch an STD :/
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:13   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

To the Dun Cow!
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:15   #18
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I ARRIVE AT THE STATION AT 2.40!

Apparently. I'm meant to be meeting other people there at some point, but I've time to kill, pintage ahoy.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:16   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Remind me closer to the date...
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:17   #20
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Will do.

I'm planning a couple of nights of binge drinking and getting funny looks, then I'm apparently getting a coach back to Liverpool at some ungodly hour of the morning.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:18   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

To the Dun Cow AGAIN!
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:19   #22
roadrunner_0
cynic

why are you in durham oh greatest of cities* anyway

*with the possible exception of york, which i also love
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:22   #23
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Who me?

Got a mate or two there who've said we should come down for a pissup, and there's a couple of lads from back home going there next year and want a feel for the place.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:24   #24
roadrunner_0
cynic

ah, i see, durham is always good
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:35   #25
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
You're all poor.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:37   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by MrMighty
You're all poor.
The word you're looking for, at least in the case of pab and me, is 'Student'.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:37   #27
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I think you were looking for 'your' and not 'you're' as well, as in 'your gay' or 'your all gay'.

Sort it out.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:39   #28
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
The word you're looking for, at least in the case of pab and me, is 'Student'.
No, I was looking for poor.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:42   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by MrMighty
No, I was looking for poor.
I paid for a gamecube, 4 controllers and 5 games with cash the other day.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:43   #30
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
I paid for a gamecube, 4 controllers and 5 games with cash the other day.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, a box of Oxo cubes, four turnips and a box of eggs is not a games console.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:44   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Talking of which

Pab, how'd you like some SSB:M action?
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:47   #32
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Hmm. Interesting proposal.

But I swear to God that if you go Kirby just because it looks like JigglyGay I'll cut you.

Cut you good.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:48   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Pab, how'd you like some SSB:M action?
Reject, reject.

Using mod status to procure man sex unwarranted.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:50   #34
roadrunner_0
cynic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:52   #35
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The most fun anyone has ever had in Bishop Auckland.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:57   #36
roadrunner_0
cynic

im in west auckland atm
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:58   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
But I swear to God that if you go Kirby just because it looks like JigglyGay I'll cut you.
CAPTAIN FALCON!

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 22 May 2003 at 19:03.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:59   #38
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
im in west auckland atm
The same applies. If not even more so.

West Auckland makes Bishy look cosmopolitan and dynamic.
Unread 22 May 2003, 19:01   #39
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
The same applies. If not even more so.

West Auckland makes Bishy look cosmopolitan and dynamic.

heh, but they still have the first world cup!
Unread 23 May 2003, 08:18   #40
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
ITS LIKE A GATHERING OF PEOPLE
like in highlander?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 08:57   #41
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
like in highlander?
Here we are, born to be kings.
We're the princes of the universe.
Unread 23 May 2003, 09:20   #42
roadrunner_0
cynic

like in highlander, only with beer and SSB:M instead of swords :/
Unread 23 May 2003, 11:20   #43
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
like in highlander?
THERE CAN BE... ONLY ONE
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:15   #44
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
THERE CAN BE... ONLY ONE
Any reason you're leaving Edinburgh, or is it just general crappyness?
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:47   #45
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I'm living with a couple and got overly comfortable with that arrangement until one of the flatmates moved out leaving me alone with them.

Thus I've got fk all to do around here.

That and I know people in Durham who like a bevvy, if I get in it'll be a laugh.
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:51   #46
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
pintage time, with Kirby!
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:57   #47
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
pintage time, with Kirby!
I've already stipulated a knifing should anything pink and fluffy 'come' in my general direction.

With a knife, not innuendo.
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:58   #48
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats Durham like?

I need another place to apply to on my UCAS form which needs to be done soonish.

So far I'm looking at Exeter (which is a ****ing dull, dull place) Sussex Uni which looks aces if not almost as expensive as London =/
Uni of Manc and some better and worse unis which will be picked at random.

Off to see Liverpool soon as well =/
Wallet on a string compulsory.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:00   #49
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
Whats Durham like?

I need another place to apply to on my UCAS form which needs to be done soonish.

So far I'm looking at Exeter (which is a ****ing dull, dull place) Sussex Uni which looks aces if not almost as expensive as London =/
Uni of Manc and some better and worse unis which will be picked at random.

Off to see Liverpool soon as well =/
Wallet on a string compulsory.
UMIST isn't bad at all, and them and the Met are merging in 2004 I think so it makes little difference where you apply. Liverpool isn't a bad uni, avoid John Moores if you can though.

And I've never been to Durham before, my first visit'll be this little weekend.
Unread 23 May 2003, 13:04   #50
roadrunner_0
cynic

Durham = teh aceness
as does UMIST, it will be a crying shame if they merge with manchester met