User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 May 2003, 17:39   #1
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Angry Mobile phones

Other than 'my phone broke and I tried to get a new one' I won't go into details....

But why oh why is it so hard to buy a mobile phone?

p.s dont give me the crap about preventing black market/theft/fake etc cus it is done anyway.
Ideas?
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:40   #2
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Get one off the black market?
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:40   #3
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
it's not hard to buy cell phones here
heck.. you can waltz down to your nearest 7-11 and pick one up pretty cheaply :P
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:40   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'll sell you a 3310 I'm not using.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:41   #5
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Mobile phones

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
But why oh why is it so hard to buy a mobile phone?
Because you're six years old?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:43   #6
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Mobile phones

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Because you're six years old?
lies

hes 7
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:46   #7
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
So I guess it's only me that is forced to fill in countless forms and put down a £50 insurance on account of me being completely dishonest and untrustworthy?
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:47   #8
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
So I guess it's only me that is forced to fill in countless forms and put down a £50 insurance on account of me being completely dishonest and untrustworthy?
im sorry come again?

you want to pull an insurance scam???
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:50   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

If you are a terrorist and a criminal, then they probably won't give you a mobile phone!
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:50   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The only awkwardness is the credit rating check, which you'll likely fail if you've not had a credit card before.

As happened to someone I know.
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:58   #11
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
The only awkwardness is the credit rating check, which you'll likely fail if you've not had a credit card before.

As happened to someone I know.
I have a credit card. Owned it for 4 years, I have a perfect record. I have also owned my other phones for a collective 3 years, again with a perfect history of payment.

Mobile phone companies should be shot twice in the face, with bullets and cum.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:17   #12
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

your lucky, last time i bought a moblie, i had to put down a £150 deposit, but there again, thats cos i was an ex student with a really bad credit record
Unread 22 May 2003, 19:50   #13
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I recently bought a new contract phone.

At the time I was £300 overdrawn and had only just come back up from being very nearly £1000 over (my limit) due to student loan.

I bought it direct from the network's website (not the cheapest place, but exclusive discounted tariffs) so it was in no way dodgy.
I passed the credit check, payed no deposit, and was using the phone when it arrived the next day.

Unread 22 May 2003, 19:51   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I've never had a credit check.

Fortunate that.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 19:56   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i just walked in with a bank statement and my passport and got a lovely new 6610 on contract for no money whatsoever the other day...

its not hard... unless you have... BAD CREDIT!

scumbag
Unread 22 May 2003, 21:47   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Its the fact that we (the mobile phone company) are subsidising the cost of the handset. In some cases, the only way for us to garauntee that you are not going to default on your credit agreement is to ask for a deposit. This deposit will cover at least some of the 'handset loss' should you do a bunk and leave us with a £300 bill.

Also, the fact that you are young, means you have no credit rating, thus meaning that there is no real history of past payments, or as to whether you could be trusted.

It isnt difficult to get a mobile phone at all, you should try Vodafone, not only are we the best network, but our credit checks are normally more in depth, so you may avoid the deposit.
Unread 22 May 2003, 21:48   #17
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Deepflow
i just walked in with a bank statement and my passport and got a lovely new 6610 on contract for no money whatsoever the other day...

its not hard... unless you have... BAD CREDIT!

scumbag
So, they sold you a discontinued buggy phone for nothing?

GENIUS, I'd loved to have been that sales person, you got knocked, heh.
Unread 22 May 2003, 21:55   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
damn you

whats wrong with it then? spill spill.

especially considering i can actually change the handset should i want to.
Unread 22 May 2003, 21:56   #19
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
Yesterday infact...

I walked into an Orange store, pointed at a new Nokia 6100 on the wall, and said to an employee 'I want one'. 5 mins of me filling out a few lines on a form, and 5 mins of him being on the phone, I left the store with a connected new phone. All I paid was the £99.99 for the phone.

Im failing to see the problem.
Unread 22 May 2003, 21:58   #20
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
I got a free phone from One2One and I only pay half the normal line rental.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 22:23   #21
BetrayerOfHope
InspirationOfNightmares

BetrayerOfHope is an unknown quantity at this point
don't buy an nokia 6610 the hardware is so crapy

[23:11] <Zhil|FT> OMG BOH IS THE NEW KILLMARK
BetrayerOfHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 22:28   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Deepflow
damn you

whats wrong with it then? spill spill.

especially considering i can actually change the handset should i want to.
Basically, numerous software faults, drops calls frequently, has a habit of going into some kind of invisible silent mode, so it doesnt ring, vibrate, do anything, and the first sign is when you've missed 4 calls, generally, its just a crap phone.

Nokia 6100 is a lot better, smaller, works very well, I've had mine for about 3 months now, not a single complaint, only thing its lacking is the inbuild radio.
Unread 22 May 2003, 22:56   #23
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

i have a platinum card, in my name, i am 20

credit companies think im fluffy
Unread 22 May 2003, 23:06   #24
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rids
Basically, numerous software faults, drops calls frequently, has a habit of going into some kind of invisible silent mode, so it doesnt ring, vibrate, do anything, and the first sign is when you've missed 4 calls, generally, its just a crap phone.

Nokia 6100 is a lot better, smaller, works very well, I've had mine for about 3 months now, not a single complaint, only thing its lacking is the inbuild radio.
well i'll keep it for a while longer, nothing has gone wrong yetanyway.

i had better find out how long the exchange period is though... *sigh*
Unread 22 May 2003, 23:41   #25
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
where the **** is Deffeh in here? He should be slagging off mobile phones with his furious anger!
Unread 22 May 2003, 23:46   #26
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Errr, its hard to buy mobiles phones?!?! I've never heard of anyone having a problem...

MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 00:29   #27
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
my sony J5 is **** in capitals.

Mainly because I have dropped it off my bike numerous times.

It loves to switch itself off =/

I am looking for a 7210 for about £70
not legally obviously
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 00:31   #28
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid

not legally obviously
If you keep dropping your phone....

why dont you buy one of those ones with a shock proof case etc? as a 7210 wont like being dropped, and will soon become "**** in capitals".

MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 00:55   #29
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid

not legally obviously
You do know, that if a mobile is reporting lost or stolen these days, that it is barred on all UK networks?

The only way around such bars is to change the phones IMEI number, to one which isnt barred.

Incidently, the changing of a phones IMEI number by all but licensed places is highly illegal, and any phone found with an IMEI number not matching that printed on the back can be confiscated?

Just friendly info.

Even more friendly info - The Nokia 7210 is a steaming pile of ****e.
Unread 23 May 2003, 12:50   #30
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
i have a platinum card, in my name, i am 20

credit companies think im fluffy
I remember when the gold card was a good thing... now every man and his dog has a platinum one. I don't accept anything less than molybdenum cards these days.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:00   #31
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I have a uranium card so it's easy to find if you drop it.

Unread 23 May 2003, 14:01   #32
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I was tempted to get another credit card, but as I wouldn't be able to earn Nectar points for using it I thought 'Screw it'.

I want bigger credit limit =/
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:08   #33
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It isnt difficult to get a mobile phone at all, you should try Vodafone, not only are we the best network, but our credit checks are normally more in depth, so you may avoid the deposit.
I love vodaphone.
I switched from 02 to vodaphone, and cancelled the 02 contract using CPW insurance policy due to 02's crappy coverage.
The last straw came during winter when i was trying and trying to send a text message, in the end i had to stand in the middle of the garden in the cold in order for it to send.
I have never, not had a signal, with Vodafone even on a boat in the middle of the norfolk broads, i was the only one to have a signal out of my goonie mates.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:09   #34
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

My dad was on O2. Text messages just disappeared for days at a time, most amusing.

He Voda'd it up good.

We like Voda.

Though embarassingly I can't get any signal in my pub in Liverpool.
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:39   #35
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You do know, that if a mobile is reporting lost or stolen these days, that it is barred on all UK networks?

The only way around such bars is to change the phones IMEI number, to one which isnt barred.

Incidently, the changing of a phones IMEI number by all but licensed places is highly illegal, and any phone found with an IMEI number not matching that printed on the back can be confiscated?

Just friendly info.

Even more friendly info - The Nokia 7210 is a steaming pile of ****e.

what phone do you suggest oh king of phones?
bearing in mind it has to be cheapish and on Pay As You Go
I'm on Virgin and their phone selection is the best as far as i know.
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote