User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 11 Aug 2010, 21:51   #1
Teady159
TeadyBear

Teady159 is an unknown quantity at this point
Typos need to be fixed.

I think grammar and spelling are a huge priority of a website. I would be turned away if I saw typos or grammar mistakes on several different pages. I created this thread to help Jagex/Jelsoft fix all their typos on the website. I will be posting all typos I see on the site and i encourage everyone else to also.

I found a few before I thought of creating this thread, but I've lost those. For now, I have one typo in mind.

Url: planetarion.com
Area: Top right sidebar
Text: Round 38 Signups is open!!
Fix: Round 38 Signups are open!!

Now I have to learn to play the game.

Last edited by Teady159; 11 Aug 2010 at 23:32.
Teady159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2010, 22:03   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Typos need to be fixed.

Good luck with that.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2010, 22:21   #3
Teady159
TeadyBear

Jagex will fix them. Though I don't know if they have access to things like that yet...
Unread 11 Aug 2010, 22:33   #4
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

They don't. And I'll get that fixed

Edit: sorry, this has been fixed by Cin already
Unread 11 Aug 2010, 23:02   #5
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Well....actually, there's only one "sign-up", so the correct wording would be:

"Round 38 Sign-Up is Open!"
Unread 11 Aug 2010, 23:07   #6
Teady159
TeadyBear

Thanks for the speedy fix.

I'll be sure to make note of any other typos here...
Unread 11 Aug 2010, 23:16   #7
Teady159
TeadyBear

I'm trying to find the one I found once I got here....

I found another;Page - What is planetarion - 6th paragraph, 3rd sentence

Quote:
This might sound like pretty standard stuff but remember the twist is that Planetarion plays even though you re not logged on
"you re" should be you're or you are.

I'm'a head out for now and leave you guys alone.

I'll be back later to bug you with more typos though.
Unread 12 Aug 2010, 15:05   #8
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teady159 View Post
I found another;Page - What is planetarion - 6th paragraph, 3rd sentence

"you re" should be you're or you are.
You are correcting explicit mistakes here rather than focussing on something far more important, the sentence as a whole. The grammar and the meaning behind the sentence is poorly expressed.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2010, 17:43   #9
Teady159
TeadyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
You are correcting explicit mistakes here rather than focussing on something far more important, the sentence as a whole. The grammar and the meaning behind the sentence is poorly expressed.
True... It does seem like it was written quickly. I don't know if I should put out anymore mistakes, though, because I think Jagex may be making a whole new site. :O i don't want to waste everyone's time...
Unread 12 Aug 2010, 17:50   #10
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teady159 View Post
True... It does seem like it was written quickly. I don't know if I should put out anymore mistakes, though, because I think Jagex may be making a whole new site. :O i don't want to waste everyone's time...
Pointing out mistakes is not wasting anyone's time except for maybe your own. Overall it is good if people point out issues. :-)

Also, welcome to the forums, be aware that there are quite a few trolls around.
Unread 12 Aug 2010, 17:56   #11
Teady159
TeadyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Pointing out mistakes is not wasting anyone's time except for maybe your own. Overall it is good if people point out issues. :-)

Yeah... I've noticed a few. xD

Thanks for the welcome.
Unread 13 Aug 2010, 09:49   #12
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Understatement.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote