User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Mar 2009, 19:36   #1
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
best player to be ingal with?

figured we should have a more positive thread who would you say is a good person to have ingal? This doesn't have to be purely because of their ability to land a good planet, more on a 'what they bring to the galaxy' kind of thing

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 19:41   #2
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Re: best player to be ingal with?

me (anyone I've been in gal with will agree)

Otherwise, I guess JBG or Smasher

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 19:45   #3
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
me (anyone I've been in gal with will agree)

Otherwise, I guess JBG or Smasher
care to explain your choice? and others please also state your reasons

Unread 28 Mar 2009, 19:46   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

After long consideration: Defiantly not me.
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 19:46   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Have been in gal with alot of really great people, hard to single anyone out tho.

Oh and you forgot me Golan

edit: Best players to be ingal with in my opinion are teamplayers who knows that sometimes covering someone else than yourself is the best for the gal, active people who help out when your gal gets inc and good players who have big planets that contributes alot of value and score to your galaxy.

edit2: Gah come to think of it mentioning names is pretty shit seeing as Ive been in gal with such a large amount of the finest players around in PAX so sorry to people who arent mentioned, i still love you
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 19:48   #6
Mek
InSomniac

please, if you post here give your reasons.. Don't really want a thread full of names with no real insight into why the person was chosen

Unread 28 Mar 2009, 19:52   #7
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I'd probably say Smasher, judging by the way I've seen him running 7:8 this round and consistently running highly ranked galaxies. Cardi seems to do this pretty well too but I'd probably kill myself half way through a round with him ingal.
JBG and Jester were also very awesome in round 19 when Ascendancy weren't competing for ally win so they focused fully on the gal.
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 20:01   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Cin and Ace have saved my ass many times as dedicated 1:1 defenders Spritfire is also doing pretty well though
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 20:23   #9
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Londo and Booji, they are team/galaxy players who help the newer players and are very good galaxy DC's.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 20:53   #10
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Smasher indeed runs the gal very well.

Unfortunately haven't been able to play alongside him with the ongoing war.
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 21:17   #11
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

It's about so many things really, fleet effiency, keeping moral up, helping new players, watching out for your gal mates, reliable to make all kinds of decisions from politics to what ships are needed in gal to having enough time to sort defense out in the mornings. Keep some conversations going in the channel, talk about more things than just pa, get that personal relationship which means people will go the extra mile to cover eachother. Have some fun and enjoy the game too!

I go out of my way to defend randoms if its possible at all because I know it will keep their moral up and mean they are more usefull overall, but only if I feel they are contributing to the gal. Repeatidly attacking when having inc and stuff will just make me drop a planet from my care list and then there's basicly 0 def. omb this round is a good example, we lost value defending his planet early on but some actions after that meant no in gal def arranged by me for a few hundred ticks (he improved the attitude now after losing his shot at #1 ).

My first post lists people who do these things fairly well, however making a bp of purely people like that wouldn't work. The best way to build a gal imo (one of the greatest asc secrets!) is to have #1 guy in charge, #2 guy helping out alot and able to take over if the #1 guy is busy, and 3 others who can provide their own calcs and be online to def , pa mail works fine for this, dont 100% need irc. So who the best gal mate is relative to what group you fall into, for me personally someone like Meatwax or mista/rasp who helps me out is best, for normal members a Smasher or JBG will be prefered.

Better, Mek?

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 21:35   #12
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Bad galmates are people that goes to BBQs ,meaning that incs dont get reported leaving the whole gal to get roided.
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 21:57   #13
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Bad galmates are people that goes to BBQs ,meaning that incs dont get reported leaving the whole gal to get roided.
:-(
Im off for beer and BBQ! all the time.... i must be worst then :-(

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2009, 22:08   #14
isildurx

Its a internal joke

I ofcourse thoroughly support your style of play dunk!
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 00:04   #15
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Even worse are those who spend their time studying instead of playing.

My fav gal mate? I'll be damned if I know. I kinda liked going random.

Kretin, yes, Kretin!
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 01:11   #16
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Tough choice, but i have to go with MissyR since she actually bothered to learn me how the game worked
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 01:39   #17
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestorn View Post
Tough choice, but i have to go with MissyR since she actually bothered to learn me how the game worked
MissyR.. she's kinda cool tbh!

Anyways, my fav guy to be in gal with: newt
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 02:45   #18
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

the de_gekste + [FF]Brain BP gal was probably the best random gal i've ever exiled into. Had their own galaxy DC tool, managed everyones fleets extremely well, and were generally super nice guys. Too bad i exiled out!

other than that, anyone who can keep their cool under pressure and not take ingal drama too serious are the best players to have ingal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 06:34   #19
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Anne.

A "scanner" that can outroid me, and most other people, and also wtfpwn with covops.

Win-win-win situation.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 08:24   #20
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

After experiencing Golan this round, i vote for him....as he did a lot for the gal, calcing/covering, calling etc.
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 09:25   #21
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Allthough id love to say myself, i wont. If a gal is working together and generally trying to look out for each other, id say i pay that back in bucket loads, but if the gal is full of selfish twats, i can play that way aswell.

I have spent one round with Golan in gal, who actually did a fair chunk of gal DC'ing, other players would include roboxxx and lionsmight. Allthough never playing in gal with her for more than a few ticks, id say Mel is a great team player (defwhore.)

From all the people ive played with tho, id have to say crusie is the best person to have in gal. Pure def fleets, 3 fleet defending, and joining an ally to ease the incs a bit, in my books is pretty damned awesome.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 13:30   #22
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar View Post

Kretin, yes, Kretin!

I second that!
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 14:31   #23
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I dont really have a best person to be ingal with, the galaxies I have been in have been about teamwork, they have succeeded when there have been 4 or 5 people splitting the load and fail when there are only two, hence my rounds 24(me/usul/dx/adjuhh), 25(me/dx/theshadow/lesh), 27(me/atlas/lesh/stl) and 29(me/londo/light/lbarto/lesh) ultimately worked out well, while those with few organisers dont work out r26(me/tobbe), r28 (hmm did anyone organise anything), r30(me/londo).

so from my personal experience its not about individuals but a collective, but then I have never been in a gal with a someone who individually takes charge of everything like ronin, jbg, golan, smasher etc

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 21:41   #24
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

I have gone random mainly in the few rounds i have played but the most helpful players i came across during this time were:-

R19 - Digital from xVx helped when he could, also SpaceLegend sent me defence always, guy lived up to his name being a legend for me that round.

R20 - I exiled into a gal with Stifler and Religfree in, tbh we didn't have much cooperation but they were nice enough blokes.

The best guy i happened across was SpaceLegend but as i said i haven't seen many.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2009, 23:03   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

JBG. (****ing caps limit)
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2009, 00:01   #26
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
bad galmates are people who def their galmate and dont recall, stealing salvage and subsequently costing that galmate the round win \o/

best player to be ingal with: bread| - clearly.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2009, 00:56   #27
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Reese!

Sometimes VenoX
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2009, 01:44   #28
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

Overall I would say eksero followed closely by VenoX. eksero is reachable 24/7, he is just a nice guy, not wrapped up in drama, and knows how to play, he will also help u if u need it. He is also a great DC. Not selfish at all. Venox is a real team player, and can easily do what is best for his gal, also he always knows whats going on cause he knows tons of people. Both are fun as well. A tick is pretty long and boring, so having a nice convo in between is essential. The 3 of us have never lacked for conversations.

I was in gal with damo8 and kenny, they are nice too. Very gal minded which is a plus. Demo-X is awesome to have in gal as well. Great with def, and fun. Stuhlman is pretty cool too, he cracks me up and is a nice guy.

I've been in gal with lots of great people, too many to list.

Last edited by Reese; 30 Mar 2009 at 02:01.
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2009, 01:49   #29
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
bad galmates are people who def their galmate and dont recall, stealing salvage and subsequently costing that galmate the round win \o/
This still hurts, stop bringing it up
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2009, 21:04   #30
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_posi View Post
the de_gekste + [FF]Brain BP gal was probably the best random gal i've ever exiled into. Had their own galaxy DC tool, managed everyones fleets extremely well, and were generally super nice guys. Too bad i exiled out!

other than that, anyone who can keep their cool under pressure and not take ingal drama too serious are the best players to have ingal.
I joined their galaxy as late signup this round. We havent had huge incs very often (well, today a bit, as you can see on sandmans (OMFG UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR)), but especially de_gekste has been putting in massive effort dc-ing during those incs. Without him we sure as hell would have lost more than a mere 14k. Guess having 200 hostile fleets from ASC/CT/Omen/XVX/hirr/HR/Orbit/VGN planets was just a bit too much to cover
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2009, 00:40   #31
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Sleepless/Rasputin for their late night ingal DCing and unending phone bill.

arc/Caj for their ingal entertainment (even thou both are abit shitty ingame)

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2009, 01:56   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My gal experience is probably a lot different to most people given that I either go random and don't care or I bp 4 other ascendancy people and play ridiculously intensively it seems. I think the best player I've played with in terms of ability, reliability, team-player element and general all round good eggness would have to be achi. For the number of times I've either sacrificed his planet for the greater good or murdered his fleet so we could kill more off the enemy I think I have to give him that!
Unread 31 Mar 2009, 09:14   #33
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
My gal experience is probably a lot different to most people given that I either go random and don't care or I bp 4 other ascendancy people and play ridiculously intensively it seems. I think the best player I've played with in terms of ability, reliability, team-player element and general all round good eggness would have to be achi. For the number of times I've either sacrificed his planet for the greater good or murdered his fleet so we could kill more off the enemy I think I have to give him that!
Achi is a trooper, for sure.

I've played with a lot of cool galmates in my days. The best player to be ingal with is the guy or gal that doesn't get so wrapped up in the game he loses sight of the fact that it's a game and supposed to fun.

These days, I honestly can't say I've been in a more fun galaxy than any single one of the all Ascendancy BPs I've done.

I highly recommend this for people in other alliances as well. If you're planning on having fun, get your friends in your alliance together, make a BP and get all your other friends to exile in. Defend well and attack together. Prank people and do outrageous fake attacks. Have a couple of zik and make some fun steals. Sacrificing roids so some faceless zik in your alliance caps big is cool and all, but doing it in your galaxy so the guy you're playing with every day does it is awesome.

In conclusion, there's no single best person to be in gal with, but there is definitely a best player, and I've had the honor of being ingal with a lot of them.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2009, 10:11   #34
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

I personally think werewolf is amazing bloke to share a gal with. He's fairly decent entertainment for starters, second, he proves surprisingly useful at organizing things every now and then.

And last, but not least, he's apparently becoming a better player each time he gets roided, so towards the end of the round he's pretty damn good.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 14:15   #35
helGn
The viking

helGn is an unknown quantity at this point

JBG was really awesome to play with, ordered my planet killed with kindness and appologiesed before, during and afterwards Dunkelgraf always went for a beer, so i had to have a 6pack beside my pc to keep up but harm is the most awesome of them all! dedicated defwhore and awesome dude
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 14:52   #36
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

For me it is not just 1 player. There are several players that I very much like.
Among them: Mustaavalkosta, Bazza, Nicole, dreis, Bullbars, MntrX, Murador, zavva, Entropy, Nazqil, MaVeRiXX. I think there are even more than these people, but these just came to mind
What they all share is that they are all socially skilled, smart, not egotistical people. That makes a good galm8 for me.
Last minute addition: I think Crowly (and many other Orbiters ^^) makes a good galm8 too, although he is a Briton.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 16:34   #37
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

CarDi has been great this round, tons of fun, provides us with plenty of comedy in the gal chan (and in game too!). And when the shit hits the fan he gets serious too, his DCing has been great. Whole gal has been great this round though tbh, shame we won't get our 4 days back and a shot at gal win.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 19:36   #38
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

I already named cardi in the thread for the worst galmate, so I'm naming in here aswell. Loads of entertainment from that guy, his crazyness far exceeds anyone else. But to be frank, most of my gal this round deserves some good words, been a great round.

zawze
eltsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 14:46   #39
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Being same gal with Catalyst 12rnds ago was fun and proved that you dont need to understand the pa math to do good. alcohol and being nerdy helped huge really.

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 14:57   #40
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

BREAD|!. Definately.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 15:10   #41
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

anyone not cheating!

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2009, 22:51   #42
SpaceLegend
(-: :-)

SpaceLegend is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRO View Post
The best guy i happened across was SpaceLegend but as i said i haven't seen many.
omg, someone mentioned me, heh
R2 35:16 | R3 16:15 | R4 234:11 | R5 32:5 | R6 14:4 | R7 20:11 | R8 18:6
R9 27:10 | R9.5 11:4 | R10 10:1 | R10.5 1:6 | R11 6:5 | R12 28:3 | R13 3:9
R14 13:5 | R15 5:6 | R16 20:3 | R17 8:4 | R18 13:7 | R19 10:8 | R20 3:4
R21 15:4 | R22 4:4 | R23 7:5 | R24 12:8 | R25 11:5 | R26 11:9 | R27 1:9
R28 9:2 | R29 5:5 | R30 3:7 | R31 10:7 | R32 6:2 | R33 3:6 | R34 2:1 | R35 6:2
R36 9:2 | R37 5:6 | R38 12:1 | R39 14:8 | R40 10:6 | R41+ retired
SpaceLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 00:17   #43
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
best player to be ingal with: bread| - clearly.
What about me? I even changed the galname from "Hit #2 he's fat" for you Fuzzy!
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 17:08   #44
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
What about me? I even changed the galname from "Hit #2 he's fat" for you Fuzzy!
i named you in worst galmate ever!

dont worry im not neglecting you \o/
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2009, 18:08   #45
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_posi View Post
the de_gekste + [ff]brain bp gal was probably the best random gal i've ever exiled into. Had their own galaxy dc tool, managed everyones fleets extremely well, and were generally super nice guys. Too bad i exiled out! :d

+1
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2009, 20:14   #46
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

me (in r4)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 16:05   #47
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

hum... there are a lot of ppl i could add to the list. But i'll name the few that popped into mind the first i decided to post here.

Jurgen - Awesome politician, good teamplayer and pretty much the only person I ever have to battle rl & pa issues openly @ gal chan. In the end we mostly always have the same perspectives & wievs.

cbk - Also oldtimer, damn good player & good friend, 1 of the ppl i'd like to meet irl still before irl ticker stops.

Sjor - best noobroider in the game, always finding new asteroids and crashin. Much laugh and many tears.

Zo0f - Haven't seen the bloke for years but out of the list of ppl I haven't met irl he'd be the 1 that i'd never expect to cross roads with. (btw if u read this come poke an old friend fs! <3)

There are still plenty of ppl that deserve a mention here, but i simply dunno where to begin...

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ğragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 18:17   #48
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
me (in r4)
I quite liked marduk and his dirty rotten pictures D:
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 19:18   #49
Edge
hate us cuz they ain't us

Edge has a spectacular aura aboutEdge has a spectacular aura about

Anyone willing to stay on pa 16+ hours a day. =]
Unread 11 Apr 2009, 22:04   #50
antioch

antioch is an unknown quantity at this point

Centronic is teh best galmate evar he taught me to write in caps and noone knows how to use teh word noob like him and he is drinking the good stuff, the dirty perv!
antioch is offline   Reply With Quote