User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Jun 2006, 15:51   #301
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Online racing manager game

Jer has been shit and not touched the interweb in 2 days so as a result my car setup is whack

I hope he hasn't decided his girlfriend is more fun than batracer!
Unread 4 Jun 2006, 21:43   #302
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Don't worry Tom - I manage without Blasto half the time

Btw - what a race that last one was!

Dave won despite starting right at the back. With Alki then Cannon Fodder filling the podium.

Me back in fourth.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2006, 22:10   #303
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My spacko pitcrew screwed it up for me
Unread 4 Jun 2006, 22:29   #304
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Well it ain't my fault if I've got a life.

Shit happens.

Bring on next race.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2006, 22:30   #305
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm

Shit happens.

Bring on next race.
i put a winky face dude.

a winky face.

i was joking because i knew you'd take it as a joke

(a winky face )

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 4 Jun 2006, 22:36   #306
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Dude, I know you were joking.

It's just a shame that I lost the race on bad tyres.
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 00:36   #307
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
I think you'll find it IS your fault you have a life actually

Unless you're being literally dragged away from the computer by people to attend to social events and stuff?

So don't lie!!
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 00:38   #308
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Holy crap guys I won something!
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 00:55   #309
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think you'll find it IS your fault you have a life actually

Unless you're being literally dragged away from the computer by people to attend to social events and stuff?

So don't lie!!
No.

I chose to not use the computer as much as you.

I haven't got cancer.

Unread 5 Jun 2006, 09:38   #310
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Goddam that accident

Played Dave though, reminds me of good old Zanardi.
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 10:45   #311
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

I should of unchecked those intermediate tyres, that pitting cost me the race :sadface:

saying that JJ use your god dam kool tools cos its getting hard to test myself with only 6 runs. What im going to do when it comes to monaco and 4 test runs only i dont know
Unread 5 Jun 2006, 22:38   #312
Ste
Bored

looks like i'm gonna have to try and come from the back in this next race

Unread 5 Jun 2006, 22:56   #313
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Fiver says I crash.

Mostly because I've set everything to 100% for shits and giggles.
Unread 6 Jun 2006, 21:43   #314
Ste
Bored

I was doing really ****ing well until my gearbox failed on the penultimate lap

Unread 6 Jun 2006, 21:48   #315
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Another champion race from Team Ferrari
We shall remember them.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 01:16   #316
Blastoderm
________

Ste's definitely doing an 'Alonso' in this game...
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 01:25   #317
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Shocking. Damn steering, and it all started so well
We shall remember them.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 07:05   #318
Cannon_Fodder

Fs, that was perfect, and then i made a mistake and had to pit, so another win for ste.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 09:02   #319
Tomkat

I'm getting kind of bored of this game.

It's not that I expect to win every game, or I'm a sore loser or anything. But it just seems that unless you're Renault or Ferrari, you don't stand a chance of winning.

I mean Jerome and I have had 100% setups for most of our races, with decent settings that allow us to be high up in both qualies in the races (except when errors happen or whatever). But neither of us are ever going to win a race.

And it just becomes a bit dull when you know the game is rigged like that.

I dunno if I can be bothered playing any more. It's all a bit tedious
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 09:04   #320
Ste
Bored

My pitting strategy is obviously vastly superior to all of yours.

Damn you guys really are sore losers

In this game the manufactuers rankings are: Renault, Toyota, Ferrari, Honda.
In my other game the manufacturers rankings are: Mclaren, Ferrari, Honda, Renault.
In a game I finished the manufacturers rankings were: Toyota, Williams, Renault, Ferrari.

Seriously - if the game was biased towards Renault then Blasto would be doing a hell of a lot better than 7th.

So to conclude:
THE GAME ISN'T BIASED - YOU'RE JUST SHIT

"waa waa I'm not doing very well I'm gonna quit" - Loser

Last edited by Ste; 9 Jun 2006 at 09:11.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 09:12   #321
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
Fs, that was perfect, and then i made a mistake and had to pit, so another win for ste.
Quote:
Fiver says I crash.

Mostly because I've set everything to 100% for shits and giggles.
YOU SEE - ITS YOUR OWN FAULT

Unread 9 Jun 2006, 09:15   #322
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
My pitting strategy is obviously vastly superior to all of yours.

Damn you guys really are sore losers

In this game the manufactuers rankings are: Renault, Toyota, Ferrari, Honda.
In my other game the manufacturers rankings are: Mclaren, Ferrari, Honda, Renault.
In a game I finished the manufacturers rankings were: Toyota, Williams, Renault, Ferrari.

Seriously - if the game was biased towards Renault then Blasto would be doing a hell of a lot better than 7th.

So to conclude:
THE GAME ISN'T BIASED - YOU'RE JUST SHIT

"waa waa I'm not doing very well I'm gonna quit" - Loser
Alright, so Renault and Ferrari aren't always top. It doesn't matter - some will always be top, which makes it uneven.

You could look at the Blasto thing in a different way and say that even though he does **** all and has shit setups, he's still managed to achieve 7th place. Which is quite high for minimal effort.

What do you mean your "pitting strategy is superior". You just choose to pit twice, and work out how long the tyres will last. It's hardly rocket science.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 09:29   #323
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Alright, so Renault and Ferrari aren't always top. It doesn't matter - some will always be top, which makes it uneven.

You could look at the Blasto thing in a different way and say that even though he does **** all and has shit setups, he's still managed to achieve 7th place. Which is quite high for minimal effort.

What do you mean your "pitting strategy is superior". You just choose to pit twice, and work out how long the tyres will last. It's hardly rocket science.
There is probably a 'range' that certain teams can hope for.
But your team is perfectly able to win each race.
It's just realistic isn't it?
I ****ing set up the game, told you all how to play, sorted out any problems and therefore got first choice of the cars. It was first come first served.
After this season someone else can set up the thing, get first choice of teams and see if they win then.
OR we can do the one where all teams are equal - and then maybe you'll complain that because someone is better than you in every race you don't have a chance then either.

Blasto generally has a similar setup as me going into every race. I have no idea what his other settings are. I know he logs in every time and takes my advice. He hasn't missed a race or setup yet - unlike other people who, suprise suprise, aren't doing as well.

Pitting strategy is when to pit and how many pits and the tyre choice is also important. Only recently have I been using softs - I used hards for most of the season so I didn't have to worry about tyre wear.
I also spent quite a while sorting out when to change tyres when it's wet etc.

Anyway, you don't have to aim to "win". Why not try and get Honda up into the top 3 manufacturers? Renault are only 9 points ahead of Toyota anyway - one good race for them and we're off top-spot.

Biased my arse. Stop being so shit.

Unread 9 Jun 2006, 09:58   #324
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The point is Ste is that a team like Toyota is busting a gut to get ahead, regularly have the best setup but like last race, but because you have a Renault and we have Toyotas, so in terms of winning races we haven't got much hope as your worst performance is better than the best we can get out of the car.

I mean you talk about pit setup, but after both of us getting nailed (and in my case utterly nailed) last race we flew up the grid we managed to do well because we do have a good pit strategy. We regularly qualify better than most (as our testing seems to go a lot better than everyone elses) but during a race we just can't legislate for a renault that's set up to a half decent level, because even if we've got 100% setup and Renault hasn't, if it's mainly right for Renault, we're still not as fast. If Renault lost a championship in another game it's because the people who were playing them were complete morons.

Hondas can be faster than Toyotas, they've just got to be used properly. Toyota just happen to be the most consistent team and if we win the constructors in spite of Laverick being miles faster we'll have done a good job.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 10:16   #325
Ste
Bored

I'm not sure what you want me to do?

Like I said - it was first come first served for the cars and I put in a lot of time setting it up and explaining it to everyone.

There's no prize on offer except pride so aim for 2nd place if you feel that it's unfair.
I know how much time I put into my settings before every race and qualifying so it's no suprise to me that I'm in front - added to the experience of playing a whole league before starting this one.

I really don't understand why just because I'm doing much better than all of you it hinders your enjoyment of the game.

Unread 9 Jun 2006, 10:20   #326
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

**** you lokken, i would of won if it wasnt for those pesky cars!
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 10:30   #327
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

I'm enjoying the game and I like that we (Lok and I) have managed to do well with the Toyota team, it's not that hard if you have a team mate who is active, you just need to share your settings and look at previous races where the slower cars have performed well and see their strategy (although some tracks are different and that strategy might not work there).

I hope people don't stop playing, just do the best you can and maybe the active players in poorer cars can have Renault/Ferrari next time or we do the one where all cars are equal or maybe even do it so we all have a season in each team and then see who is the champion after all the seasons are completed?

Last edited by PSH; 9 Jun 2006 at 11:19.
PSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 13:20   #328
Blastoderm
________

You big girls.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 14:53   #329
Cannon_Fodder

Possibly the reason why Renault/Ferrari appear higher often, is because those who put more time into the game, would probably join a championship early, and thus pick a more famous car.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 14:54   #330
Cannon_Fodder

Or y'know you could look at Car Comparison and see theres a difference.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 15:23   #331
Tomkat

I did actually say in my first post on it that I wasn't annoyed because I couldn't win - well done on completely ignoring that.

My point is that it isn't an even playing field. Which means that even if we get 100% setup, perfect settings etc, then chances are we won't get in the top 5 because Renault/Ferrari can get by with 70-80% settings and still cream us.

And it's not like we can get better by putting more effort in. I know what I'm doing and how to do well (I'm doing well with jerome in another league where - surprise surprise - Renault are top) but when no matter how much effort you put in, or how much you know about the game mechanics, you're held back, it's a bit tedious.

I'm not complaining at you, don't take it personally. If it's possible though, if we do another league, can we make it so all cars are "equal"?
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 16:37   #332
Blastoderm
________

Stop complaining TK.

Next season, I'll use Redbull or Midland Racing.
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 15:19   #333
Tomkat

Argh! no!

It isn't that. I wouldnt want to be in a team that had a big advantage over the others - it'd feel like a false victory.

Try to understand
I don't mind playing in the fantasy football game even if I'm near last, because it's an even playing ground. It's not like some of us are limited to taking players from Korea and Ghana, while some can take players from Brazil and Germany. THAT'S the difference.
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 15:38   #334
Cannon_Fodder

TK, play A1 GP games, all cars are definately the same.
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 22:01   #335
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Lokken you mutha****ing bastard
We shall remember them.
Unread 14 Jun 2006, 22:03   #336
Cannon_Fodder

don't Panic!!
Unread 18 Jun 2006, 15:07   #337
Cannon_Fodder

Okay, since the F1 game is almost up, I've made a A1GP private game where all the cars are the same.

ID: 4266
Password a1gp

Hurry and get your favourite country before someone else does!
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 00:33   #338
Blastoderm
________

A big well done to Ste for finishing top. Well done team-mate. And well done to everyone.
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 01:15   #339
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Everyone sign up to the A1GP. Now!*

*Please?
We shall remember them.
Unread 22 Jun 2006, 01:27   #340
PSH
Registered Abuser

PSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet societyPSH is a pillar of this Internet society

GG everyone!
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 20:27   #341
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Okay, since the F1 game is almost up, I've made a A1GP private game where all the cars are the same.

ID: 4266
Password a1gp

Hurry and get your favourite country before someone else does!
Maybe I should make a new thread to get attention for this?
Unread 23 Jun 2006, 22:02   #342
Ste
Bored

yehh maybe... I'm going on holiday in a week and a half so I dunno whether to join up or not...